My Blue Pill with Green Eyes Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~

Someone was knocking lightly on the door. No. There it was again. Where was I? There's something heavy on me. I blinked and took in my surroundings. Bedroom, yes. Jo on top of me. Yes! Clock says 6:48. NO!

"Jo, baby. Wake up." I said stirring her. "Jo..."

"Too early. Leave me alone," she slurred.

"I can't. I need to get to work."

She looked up at me. "Work? What?"

"I'm going to be late."

She looked at the clock. Panic hit her, too, and she gave me a quick kiss as she bounced off of me and the bed. I ran into the nearest bathroom and took a shower. Thankfully she did not join me. I quickly dressed and was out of the bedroom in record time.

I arrived in the kitchen to a wonderful smell. "Is that?"

"Eggs Benedict," Joanne said. "I wanted to make this morning special for the two of you after..." she trailed off smiling.

"Oh yeah, sorry," I said sheepishly.

"Are you kidding? I was there to hear you tell my daughter that you love her for the first time! You gave me something special. I quickly left before I saw something special," she said blushing.

"No worries, Mom. We made it to the bedroom!" Jo announced enthusiastically.

"I heard," she blushed more. She sighed heavily and continued. "I'm going to move out. I don't want to be a third wheel around here and cramp your budding relationship. I'll find a temporary apartment or move in with a friend."

Jo and I said together, "No!"

"You don't have to do that, Joanne. We enjoy having you here. After all, as you said, we're family," I said and Jo nodded hugging her mom.

"I'd be in the way and I'm not sure I can take the..." Joanne said searching for words, "...amorous activities in the next room."

"Mom, we'll keep it down. I really like having you here."

"After last night you two need time to get to know each other better," Joanne said.

"After the last couple of weeks, I think we all need time to get to know each other. At least stay until you find something more permanent," I said.

Joanne looked between us and considered my words. "Ok. I'd be happy to." Then to Jo she said, "Jo, I'm putting the house on the market today. We'll have to go and start cleaning it out."

"Are you sure, mom? It's your home and there are so many memories there."

"Yes. With..." she said with tears forming in her eyes, "...with your dad dying I can't face being alone in the place we shared. I need something else. Your dad and I discussed it at length before he passed and he agreed."

"If you're sure..."

"No, I'm not. But I'm sure it'll be too painful for the foreseeable future."

I quickly ate the breakfast Joanne prepared and it was good. The ladies were discussing the house and what to do with it. I said my goodbyes, giving Jo a kiss and Joanne a hug while she thanked me.

When I got to work, Ron ran up to me. "Did anything happen? You're not early as usual..."

"No, just forgot the alarm."

"Yesterday was a bitch, eh? I'm surprised you came in today."

"It was and it wasn't," I said smiling.

He stared at me, reading my face. Then the light bulb turned on. "You dog! How did you accomplish that on a day like yesterday?"

"I told her I love her."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I finally meant it." Ron and his high 10s! "How are you doing with your gal?" I asked, changing the subject.

His face turned sour with that question. "So about the project..." Message received.

~~~

Gary's daughter definitely makes her appearance in the next installment.

Please comment or message me. I'd really enjoy the encouragements to persuade me to continue this story, a couple of others I began, or one of the couple dozen new ideas I have flitting around my head.

This story is not even half way through what I wrote last year... It's only getting started!