My Wife Wouldn't...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The two friends walked in complete silence until they reached Tony's truck. Jeff held Tony's arm in his big fist and said, "Buddy, I ain't never seen you throw away money like that before, and don't go handing me that shit about not getting in Cassie's pants—I was there when the two of you left my house, remember? What's going on?"

"What makes you think something's going on? I lost the bet—end of story—and that's what you'll tell everybody too."

"Humnn, I think I get the picture, buddy. You couldn't get in her panties—got it. See you later." The friends parted, neither having any idea they wouldn't meet again for over a year.

EPILOGUE

Tony stared out the port window, trying to spot Jones Corner as the holding pattern took the big jet in a wide sweep over the Low-country. How much longer must they wait their turn in the Charleston International landing queue? Down there somewhere, Cassie was waiting for him—at least that's what she promised in her last letter.

Much had happened in the eighteen months since he'd left on another protection assignment in the hell hole that the Mid-East had become. Six months into the job Jeff had forwarded a letter from Cassie telling all about catching Gil in the sack with a man. He claimed he'd found his 'soul-mate' at last and wanted a divorce. Cassie said she'd tried to talk him out of divorce, but when she saw he was adamant, she didn't fight the inevitable. With the children both adults and husbands and wife agreeing, the divorce process was as short as possible.

He took her last letter from his coat and read these words for the hundredth time, "I promised I'd let you know if I ever became free—well, I'll be waiting for you...."

All he needed now was to get this big bird on the ground.

THE END

Author's note #3 If you actually read this story, please give it an honest rating. Also, if you can, comment and specify what you liked or didn't like. Thanks cd