Not My Sister

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't know. I think about him all of the time. Even when he was away, I thought of him. At first I just wanted his forgiveness, but when he was with Amy, it changed. When he moved to England, it hurt, but now he's back." She exhaled.

"I know he's moving to Washington in two weeks and I don't like it. But if I get this chance to be with him, then I want to take it. It'll hurt when he leaves, but at least I'll have this time." She concluded.

"Iesha, I just don't want your heart broken. You're so young, maybe you should date-" Trent started to say.

"Trent if you had just two weeks to spend with Momma, would you waste time dating someone else?" she asked.

Trent stood, "Come here. Baby girl, be careful. And you need to take your time. Don't rush. Oh, and no messing around in this house, hear me." He told her as he gave her a big bear hug.

"OK, Trent, I promise not to take advantage of your son." she whispered. He laughed.

Soon they exited his study where an anxious Troy was sitting at the table waiting. He immediately moved to Iesha to see if she was alright, not that she wouldn't be, but he had to make sure.

The family ate dinner and as it ended a knock on the door.

Trent opened the door and Mark was there.

"Hey, Mr. Blackmon, is Iesha around?" he asked.

Troy walked in and was instantly annoyed with this guy. Iesha was off limits and he'd make sure this guy got the message.

Seeing Troy's aggressive stance, Iesha decided to diffuse the situation immediately. Mark was her best friend, her only friend, and she needed him to understand that.

Troy walked into the room and the level of aggression increased rapidly.

"Look, Mark." Trent addressed the young man. "Now isn't a good time to stop by. Can you come back later?"

A look of clear frustration and disappointment crossed his face. "Yes sir, I won't stay but I really need to tell Esh something." He explained almost desperatle.

Iesha realizing her friend was clearly distraught, invited him in. "Trent, it's alright. Can we talk in your office? It'll be just a few minutes."

Troy didn't like it; he didn't want to leave her alone with Mark so he followed them to the office. Iesha stopped him at the door and asked, "What are you doing? Give us a minute, please."

Troy looked at her, clearly not liking the thought of her being alone with Mark and whispered, "I'm not leaving you alone with him or any other man."

A part of her was pleased, and a part of her was truly concerned for Mark. "Troy, he's a friend. Thst's it. Trust me. OK."

Nodding, but clearly not satisfied. He stood outside the office while she went in to talk to her friend.

"Mark, what's wrong?" Iesha asked.

"Esh, I lost her. She says I'm too young and she's tired of playing with a kid." Mark was looking out of the window, recalling the cruel words his secret lover shared with him earlier today.

"She called me last night to meet her, but I had to bring you along. I tried to tell her you had plans with your family when I showed up. She was furious." He explained.

"She called me this morning and told me its over. I made her a laughingstock." Mark sobbed. "I love her, Esh. I thought she loved me. She said she was just killing time until a real man came along. Then she told me if I come near her again, she's calling the police."

"Mark, I'm so sorry. I wish I could fix this, but maybe..." Iesha stopped. She could understand how he felt. If Troy told her these things, her world would end. So Iesha hugged her friend and supported him as he cried over the woman he lost. She hated her. No one had the right to hurt Mark like this. For the past three years, he stood by her when no one else wanted her around.

She wanted to warn him about getting involved with a much older woman, but didn't know what to say. When the woman gave him an ultimatum: his relationship with her, or Iesha stay out of their business. She stopped talking, and stayed loyal to her fiend.

For over a year, she helped him steal time with this woman. But now, she callously threw him aside. She'd be there for him, support him, and do everything she could to help him through this. Hopefully, when he came out on the other side, he'd be fine.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Your brother is visiting and I know he hates me. I'd better go. Thanks Esh, for listening." He hugged her as he readied himself to leave.

"Wait, let's clean your face." Iesha said. She didn't want others witnessing his break down. Eventually, they came out of the office.

Troy was standing anxiously in the hall waiting. As soon as Iesha came out, he crossed to her to make sure she was ok, a move that did not go unnoticed by Mark, who shot his friend a startled look.

"I'm going to walk Mark out. I'll be back." She explained removing herself from Troy's grip.

"I'll walk with you." Troy explained.

The two of them walked Mark to his car and he got inside, but not before Iesha hugged him and told him to call when he got home.

Mark drove off and Iesha walked away from Troy. He wasn't having it.

"Iesha, what's wrong?" he asked.

Looking at him, she paused, "It's not my secret to share."

Troy didn't like it. "Did he touch you, do anything to you?"

"No, he's my best friend Troy and I hate what she's doing..." Iesha stopped. "I'm sorry, I can't talk about it."

She walked off. Troy wanted to follow her, but it was clear she needed a minute. So Troy returned to the family room with Trent and Mary.

"Something is going on with her friend Mark." Troy explained.

Mary was concerned, instantly. "Oh my goodness! I hope it'll be alright. Let me talk to her." She stood to find her daughter.

Trent sat with Troy and felt the need to explain as best he could. "Mark was the only kid that came around when she was younger. There were many days when he was the only reason she didn't give up son."

"I don't know to what is going on, but something had to happen last night. That's why he came here then and why he's here today. Years ago, when I stopped those girls from attacking her, they turned on him. Even though she was scared to death, she stood with him." Trent explained. "Son, don't force her to choose. I know you want to demand that he stay away, but don't son."

Troy listened to his dad, and assented to not interrupt her friendship with the other man.

Meanwhile, Mary found Iesha sitting on the steps of the back porch crying softly. "Baby, what is it?"

"Momma, I hate her. How can she treat him like..." Mary then held her daughter as she cried for her friend.

"Baby, all you can do now is be here for him. He trusts you. He'll be alright." She assured her.

Then she held her a little longer as she cried for her friend.

Eventually they went back in and were ready for bed. Trent ever the comedian said. "Um, Mary. One of us needs to stay up. No telling what kind of hanky-panky these two will be up too."

Troy laughed and told his dad, "I won't do anything you wouldn't."

"That's it," declared Trent, "I'm staying up. I know what I'd be doing." Mary and Troy laughed as Mary swatted her husband scolding him for his buffoonery.

Soon the older couple went to their room, leaving Troy and Iesha alone.

"Come here, girl." Troy whispered, pulling Iesha into his arms. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. It's just that, it's so unfair." She sighed, wrapping her arms tightly around him, inhaling his scent.

Troy and Iesha sat on the sofa holding each other, simply being quiet.

Soon, he heard her snoring softly and realized she'd fallen asleep.

He woke her up and told her to go on to her room. They could talk tomorrow morning.

Iesha retired to her room, Troy went to his. Tonight's events gave him quite a bit to think about. He remembered his dad saying something about some girls, but he took care of it. He also realized that if he tried to force her to drop her friend, he might force her out of his life.

With a thousand thoughts racing, sleep for Troy was elusive. Finally, he succumbed to sheer exhaustion. His last conscious thought was they needed to slow down.

The next morning, Troy awoke and rose early. He would help Dad and Iesha get there early morning chores done. He helped his dada check the fields and. Then he ventured the barn to find Iesha. Of course she was petting Bessie again. He didn't want to startle her so he waited quietly inside the barn door.

"Are you just going to stand there or come all the way in?" Iesha asked. She was relieved that he ventured to the barn, for she really wanted a few moments alone with him.

Troy entered slowly, not wanting to spook the mare. He walked up behind her and hugged her from behind. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. But Mark, ug!... I don't know what to do?" Iesha exhaled. "I'm hanging out with him after class, so I won't be straight home."

"OK, call if you need me alright." He asked. "Dad told me a little about your friend. I'm there if he needs..."

He was willing to help Mark. He didn't even know him, but he wanted to help. "Thank you. That means so much that you want to help. Troy, you are amazing." as she turned to embrace him.

He held her close, inhaling her scent. His minds replaying the events from the morning before, he decided to wait. As much as he wanted her, he'd give her what she needed. So he dampened down his desire and chose to just be her friend.

Soon they returned to the main house and had breakfast with their parents. Iesha informed them that she was checking on Mark so she might be late. Mary told her when she came home, bring Mark with her. He was more than welcomed.

After breakfast, Iesha drove to class. Troy worked, and life went on. At lunch, Iesha called Troy just because she missed him, making his day. He asked when she was meeting Mark. She told him. He then asked her to please be careful

As soon as her last class ended, Iesha went to her friend's small apartment. She knocked and he didn't answer. She knew he was home because his car was there and he told her he would be there earlier.

Iesha knocked louder. No answer. Finally using the spare key that was hidden on the door ledge , she let herself into his apartment. Calling out his name as she entered, Mark grunted from his bedroom.

He was a sore sight, passed out, hung-over, face-flushed. She was not worth this. The woman who hurt him needed to suffer as much and as badly as she was hurting her friend. "Mark, get up. Come on, you need to bath."

"Esh, you're my best friend. My only friend, I love you girl." He spoke in a slurred voice.

Iesha focused on helping him up, said, "I love you too, Mark. Let's clean you up."

"I'm nothing Esh. Dad was right. Those kids were right. You need to run. Get away from me." Mark continued.

"Come on, Mark. Stop. She's not worth this." Iesha told him. "You are my best friend. I'm here for you and will help you through this. Besides, Momma wants you at the ranch for dinner. You know I'm scared of Momma." She chuckled.

She ran his bathwater and helped him undress. She left out before he removed his underwear and climbed into the tub. Despite the melancholy of the moment, she could not help but compare him to Troy. Where her best friend was lanky and thin, Troy was buff and toned. Where Mark was pale and lean, Troy was tanned and muscular. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she told him to call her when he was ready to get out. She left him to sit in the front as her secured the door behind her, whispering "You don't get it Iesha".

"Mark, are you alright?" Iesha called after a few minutes. Mark grunted in response.

She called again and he answered once more. All of a sudden she felt a sense of foreboding nervous she called his name again, no answer. At this point she went to open the door and he'd locked it. Beating on the bathroom door and screaming her friend's name, she could not get him to answer.

Not knowing what to do, she called home and Troy answered.

"Hey, Baby, glad you called. Are you at Mark's house?" Troy asked.

"Yea, and he's, it's just that he's" Iesha stopped. Her friend was devastated and she didn't know how to help him. "He locked the door and won't answer me Troy, something is wrong. Mark won't answer." she cried frantically into the phone.

"I'm coming over there. Give me his address." Troy demanded. Nervous and relieved, Iesha gave him the address.

"Who is it?" Iesha called.

"It's Troy. Open up." Iesha quickly let him in.

"Thank goodness. He's in the shower. I'm worried because he's not answering me anymore." Iesha said terrified.

Troy shoved opened the door and rushed into the bathroom. Mark was sitting on the floor of the tub, water cascading over his body, passed out. He was breathing but his stench told the story that he drank way too much.

Troy had Iesha to make coffee and woke Mark up and talked to him. Eventually he sobered up enough to tell Troy what happened. He knew the woman that used him. She had a thing for young men. A kid in Mark's situation was easy pickings for her.

Troy listened and sympathized. He reassured Mark that he'd be alright and he'd meet the perfect woman one day. His eyes fell on Iesha as he spoke. Even disheveled, she was a goddess in his eyes.

Mark noticed and was about to state the obvious when Troy interrupted him, "She is not my sister. She is ..." Closing his eyes, Troy gathered his thoughts, "She's so much more." He declared smiling, with love shining in his eyes for her.

Mark shook his head. "So you're the guy. I knew she cared about someone, but couldn't figure out whom." Mark exhaled as he cupped his coffee cup. "She's a jewel, don't hurt her."

Troy looked at her friend, and for a moment realized that this kid was cool. "I'll try not to." he answered.

Iesha had finished rinsing out the coffee cups they'd used and walked in at the end of the conversation. Troy caught her hand and pulled her into his lap. Gently, he wrapped his arms around her, nuzzling her neck.

Iesha leaned into his embrace when Mark cleared his throat. With tears in his eyes he said. "You two are so lucky. Are you going to do the long distance thing, or will I lose my best friend because she will move away?"

They froze. Honestly neither had thought beyond the moments they'd shared. This was one thing they needed to talk about. Iesha heart whimpered when she thought for a minute. In a few days, Troy was leaving. Her rock, the one person that she wanted to dedicate her life to, was leaving in a week. Troy saw the flash of sadness in her eyes, and wanted to hold her close and wipe away her sadness. This is one thing his Dad was trying to warn him against. He still had ten days before he left, so he and Iesha would slow it down and see where things lead.

It was late so, he and Iesha ended up staying at Mark's place overnight. It was too late to drive home and they didn't want to leave him alone. So Troy called and explained the situation to their parents.

Iesha stayed over often, so she had her bed all sorted out. Mark offered to let Troy bunk in with him. However, Troy realized that for once he and Iesha had a chance to be alone and not in his Dad's house.

"Great, thanks Mark." Troy answered. He knew that now was not the time to become intimate. They needed to really get to know each other, and then they could share more.

They bid each other good night and everyone went to bed. A few hours later, they all woke up and had to get back to the ranch. Iesha had chores and needed to get ready for classed, and Troy was helping with the cattle roundup. Mark seemed a lot better this morning. He actually dressed and rode with Iesha back to the ranch.

As soon as they arrived, Mark went straight to the kitchen with Mary was waiting to give him all the love and attention she could. Troy went with Iesha to help her with the animals.

This was the first time Troy and Iesha were completely alone. It was also the first chance he had to kiss her the way he wanted too.

As soon as she tended Bessie and the other animals and he'd finished setting up supplies, Troy gathered her in his arms and held her. She felt so good. He kissed her gently then looked deep into her eyes marveling at her loveliness.

He walked over to her gathered her close and held her, He just wanted to feel her in his arms. Then he kissed her softly as he stared into her eyes.

"Baby, let's go in and freshen up. Can you miss today, because we need to talk?" he asked.

Iesha nodded and agreed. She only had one class today, and she could email her professor. To get any assignments she might miss. Together they walked back to their house, to their floor, and went to their respective rooms. They showered dressed and joined Trent, Mary, and Mark downstairs.

Everyone ate breakfast. Troy asked to speak to Trent. "Dad, I want to talk with Iesha today. You were right, so I won't be here to help with the morning round up. Depending on how it goes, I'll come in after lunch."

Trent nodded, "What about Mark? He rode out her with y'all. Are you going to run him back to town or will he visit the ranch for a spell?"

Troy had forgotten about Mark. His main concern was spending time with Iesha. They had so much to settle and never really had time to talk.

"Darn it" Troy exclaimed. "Let me see what he wants to do" he stated.

Then they returned to the dining room where Mark wash doing dishes with Iesha as Mary sat and laughed at their antics.

"You know what Ms. Blackmon, if it's not a problem, can I stay here for the day? I've always felt at home here and Esh can drive me home later?" he asked expecting her to refuse.

Iesha looked concerned. She knew Mark was attracted to older woman. At thirty-eight, her mother was gorgeous. She didn't want her best friend to start crushing on her Mom. Besides, Trent would probably kill him.

"I think that's a great idea. Mary he can help you move some if the heavy furniture for you. I don't like you straining yourself." Trent added.

"Iesha and Troy, I'll see you later." Now I'm headed to the field.

Troy and Iesha left to find someplace to talk. They ended up at an old cabin on the outskirts of the property. It was rustic, but they were not there for the décor.

Troy went in first and cleared off the old sofa and guided Iesha to her seat. She sat and looked at him anxiously.

"Let me start here first." Troy exhaled. "Iesha I accept your apology and forgive you for lying on me five years ago."

Iesha smiled, her eyes shimmering with tears. She started to speak, but Troy touched her lips and asked her to wait.

"Iesha, the truth is I've always thought you were beautiful. I ignored it at first, but in California I had to face it. You were a kid and I had no right to lust after you. I tried telling myself you were a kid, a vicious troll, evil personified, but I wanted you." He exhaled.

Troy continued, "I went to Europe. I forgot for a while and I figured out of sight out of mind right. Then, my internship ended and I needed to come home, see you. I needed to know if I was over you. I came home and you came downstairs. Time stopped for me."

"Troy, I..." Iesha started to say, but Troy wouldn't let her interrupt.

He continued, "Iesha, I need you to understand this. I have never thought of you as my kin. Even though we are both young, if we pursue this, we have to be ready for fall out. This is a small town and people will gossip. Dad and Mary will be talked about, judged, and ostracized. The town will see us as kin, baby. You know how cruel they can be, and you've suffered at their hands.

So I think we should hang out, at home and in public so people get used to seeing us together. We need to keep our relationship behind closed doors." At her gasp, and the look of hurt in her eyes he rushed to explain. "I am not, nor have I ever been ashamed of you. I love you. But, I'm leaving in a few days and you will still be here. I won't do something that will cause you pain. You know how small minded the people here are. I want to-"