All Comments on 'Not What I Expected'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
The king of Flash !

Yes , Britease , you are the undisputed King of the Flash story !

Now Gird your loins sir , for they will be here shortly ! With blood in their eyes and frothy spittal on their lips.

It maybe a little early in the morning for popcorn , but I think I'll pop a bag and sit back and watch the show.

5 *'s

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
NEVER PISS OFF THE REAL MILITARY

they do have skills. TK U MLJ LV NV

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Master of the flash

Grateful to see a story from you, Britease. Always enjoy your flash stories. Did like the twist.

As Crkcppr said, it's now time to sit back and see how many get upset about story.

Thank you for writing and looking forward to your next story. 5 stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Five Big Ones!

I was prepared to rip this for him being a cuck wimp, but you really got me!

Minor typo: It should have been "carry out" not "carried out"

EuphoniusEuphoniusover 7 years ago
happy to see something new from you...

The best part of the flash story style, is that if one doesn't particularly like the direction it is heading, at least it is over quickly!

That said, the best part of reading a flash by YOU, is that we KNOW there will be a twist, and a chuckle, and whatever the characters did or didn't do, we also know that we will see SOME sort of karmic retribution for bad behavior.

From Bus collisions to (now) militantly precise explosions, we never have to wonder how it all turned out.

I agree, that you ARE the "King of the flash format", and while this one may not be my favorite, I am just thrilled to see you still at it, and contributing here.

Many Thanks!

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 7 years ago
Gotta love "karma"

Now that is complete and total revenge. Love it.

5/5

carvohicarvohiover 7 years ago
Ah!

I just love a happy ending.

Jedd Clampett

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
Yay! Another mass murder!

As someone recently noted, there sure has been a lot of murder -- even mass murder -- in this section lately. It seems the bar has been raised (or lowered) to a point where I'm not sure how it can move any further.

Taking this story with the tongue-in-cheek manner in which I assume it was written, I suppose it is amusing enough, as the "twist" that the narrator isn't the husband is original and unexpected. Stil, the "and then they were all murdered" ending felt a bit flat and lazy.

I rate this one a solid "meh."

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 7 years ago
As usual

entertaining and surprising. Oh gosh what a surprise that Tom wasn't the hubby after all. Britease has particular flash story skills.

With apologies for being a grammar fascist (well half-hearted apologies anyway).... the "you're" in the sentence "It's not just you're damn leg Kelly" should be "your". Fun anyway.

screwherscrewherover 7 years ago

What a letdown. I was loving this story all the way until it was revealed the narrator wasn't her husband. The mass murder was a turn off as well.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Pretty good

There are just a few too many of these "surprise twist" stories coming down the pike. "Let's trick the reader," is sort of cool, but it's getting a bit stale. Still, a fun read. It's obviously not meant to be taken with the "Oh, my God! He killed all those people," frame of mind. Just a fun little story and it was fun.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Nice

You know I think I read somewhere that all cheaters deserve to die. It would make for a better world. I believe this is a good start.

Well, maybe not. I think the cheaters and the swingers should just get together. Then they could fuck each other silly. The rest of us won't give a fuck anymore.

Just one asshole's opinion.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
Again a very good and at some point funny story...

Again a very good and at some point funny story...funny in the sense that the lover even sensing that was facing a dead sentence, couldn't resist the power of lust and tryed to believe what the cheating and stupid wife thought: Her husband was like a pussy cat! But lions are pussy cats too! 4*

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 7 years ago
Excellent

Once again from Britease. A real flash story for this crowd and the clue to the end is in the title.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 7 years ago
Great

Funny. You never fail to entertain us. Five stars

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
A small addition to NextTimeAround's grammar fascism

It's so unusual for Britease to have spelling errors, so we'll have to accept that it was the publisher who used 'effecting' where 'affecting' was the correct word. (Pedantry with the English language is fun.)

I find all of Britease's stories to be must-reads, and this was another good one for mine. One expects the twist at the end, but how it comes can be part of the entertainment in his stories. Killing the author Tom required somebody else to provide the concluding note post mortem.

Lovers of Revenge/Retribution stories may enjoy this story for the fact that devastation was wreaked on the adulterous wife and those who collaborated in her activities. I just thought it was a funny story. Nobody does Revenge/Retribution as entertainingly as Britease.

Lue

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years agoAuthor
Oh dear

My grammar did let me down a bit on this one didn't it. Slap on the wrist for me. For those who worried about all the people I killed off, then don't worry because they were really nasty people in ways that I neglected to tell you. So that's OK then isn't it?

green117green117over 7 years ago
In case you are late to the party -

"who dares wins" is another story by the author, and is sort of a companion piece.

Or not.

YMMV,

Green-something

maddictmaddictover 7 years ago
whoo yaaaah

What the..........perfect ending. Looks like the full house looses

rjordanrjordanover 7 years ago
Thanks

LW's been sort of a dry hole lately. Thanks for watering it.

rj

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
Hey, man

Nice shot (In the immortal words of Filter). Tight little story. Been a while, nice to see you haven't lost your touch. Props.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
That was a real flash story.

A flash grenade story, one might say.

Certainly lightened the mood at LW, somewhat. Thankfully!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
And would people PLEASE quit with the whining in the comments?

"Oh, no! A cheating scumbag got killed! Oh, no!"

Sometimes, people die.

Either deal with it, or whinge someplace else.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@screwher Re: Letdown"

That's kind of funny, I was HATING it until the reveal because I thought that he was being too much of a cuck!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Overthefalls

I think the confusion with his job is an indication of what a ditz she is!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@MattblackUK

As we always read, "This is fiction! No real people were harmed in the writing of this story!"

deadonedeadoneover 7 years ago

Fatal Mistake #1 - Not paying attention to what the husband does the first time it is said

Fatal Mistake #2 - Failure to heed available information

Fatal Mistake #3 - On words SAS and not running as fast and as far as you can with or without clothes.

Good story

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Good Story

It was a strange reaction that this one gave him. I felt as if was going to bite

into a delicious wing which then turned out to be mostly bone.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 7 years ago
Nice

Perfect way to end it.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
Britease, for some reason I don't think Lit readers like to be fooled...

I found that out myself. I, for one, thought this was great and gave 5 stars.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 7 years ago
Lighten Up

Yeah, you need to lighten up, Britease. We don't want aggressive types in the SAS.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Huh?

To the Anon sending me feedback - Unless I misunderstood you, you're accusing me of trying to tell you what you're thinking.

I honestly don't see it anywhere in my comments.

If you could show me the error of my ways I will gladly apologize!

icebreadicebreadover 7 years ago
Who dares wins.

It is said they hate this moto as who dares more often gets themselves killed along wit some of there mates. It is said they would prefer the moto.. 'Better Safe than Sorry' :)

javmor79javmor79over 7 years ago
Excellent flash story

In my opinion, this author is better than JPB at the flash stories. Always a full story condensed into a little scene. Nicely done, as always.

hal_2142hal_2142over 7 years ago
Who Dares Wins!

5 Stars, great flash story, ends with a bang and the bitch literally got burned!

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 7 years ago
Icebread

I think most of them would go with the motto of "what arsehole thought it would be a good idea to land us in this shithole"

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Nothing Here *

Sorry but I found this flash a waste of my time. I have and will continue to enjoy your other stories but to me this is a dud!!! Thanks for sharing

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 7 years ago
Nice work

You can still wrap up a flash story better, in fewer words, than most.

And yes, many of the people in 22 (or other SMUs) were pussycats -- around their own family. Though the (fictional) wife had to be daft to not know, in general terms, what her husband did.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 7 years ago
I agree - Excellent Flash Story

Well written without a waste of extra words.

Great twist on a common theme.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
as I understand it a flash bang

is a special type of explosive. It stuns, renders people unconscious, and has been known to ignite fires.

An apt description for this flash story that ended in a bang?

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
Now This Is How A Husband Gets Revenge

Ladies, only a fool underestimates the depth of anger and retribution in her husband. One of the easiest 5-star ratings I have ever issued.

IrfonIrfonover 7 years ago
Nice one !!

Who Dares Wins ?

...but don't forget:-

Utrinque Paratus !

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
One

again. Still looking.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago
The story is in unacceptable condition.

Just no. No, no, no. It's all wrong. Do it better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
**Whistles tunelessly***

Ahhh,,,,,,time for food shopping, with cash,,,,at Home Depot or Lowes. The stuff they don't have? Local dive shop or off Craigslist,,,,,Steel tank is bad with friction for explosives. Aluminum doesn't spark- and you don't need that big of a tank for a house,,,,,.

Did you know that Chuck Norris does his food shopping at Home Depot or Lowes? Now you know why,,,,

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
SAS

Even Navy Seals don't mess with the SAS. Brittease got me completely with this one. Just BUTB, it's quicker than burning.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Hilarious!

Awesome Flash. Super twist.

5-stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
complete ur story

WTF why did u just left ur story in middle ... it's really good writer more and complete it ... any way things for this one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Anon 01/16/19 is an idiot

The story ended with the SAS (Special Air Service for you unmilitary heathen) SGT blowing up the house with the wife and her friends. Now- a little bit of explosives training for you: when it comes to anything that is life critical? "Two is one, and one is none" because things break, lost, etc. So you have TWO flashlights. Two first-aid kits. Or in this case? One charge of the explosive of your choice, TWO detonators, and TWO ways to set it off. Because if the first fails it's the same as having none. Two is one, (that works) and One is None (if it fails).

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Good but didn't suffer enough

4 stars

More suffering for all I would have went with 5 and favorite

SamsungdfpSamsungdfpover 4 years ago
Fuck the thought

my thoughts goes to the husband. Fucking aye I hope he was the one who blew the BITCH up

top vote

*****

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Reading again

Great story that ended with a real bang. At least, I assume, they died happy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Justice prevails

and the Bitch was well burned

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very clever.

LA

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

It was a well-told story, but I found myself disliking the "wife" and pitying the "husband" so much that I could not really enjoy it.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Once more, great military revenge story, with some great misdirection.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This makes no sense. Why is she acting like that? Cheating on the guy shes cheating with?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a stupid fkedup story this was Mate I thought up till nnot sure if we should continue to read After "no way mary "I almost gave you away >>now I will think i might pass Up till now your stories were 95% good but after this one (jaybee186)

norcal62norcal62about 1 year ago

Quite a stretch in order to have an excuse to blow things up.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 year ago

[01.04.23]

Funnny A.F. ending!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

My thoughts about the families of the deceased are that they should have raised their children better!!!

ZK

CaptFlintCaptFlint10 months ago

Always get your hearing checked. To quote from the movie 'Captain Ron': "Ger...Gor...makes a difference.".

Funny quick story. Nicely done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I love the frequent “asides” the author makes

to the reader. Very British.

ibuguseribuguser4 months ago

Funny... And well written.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The "part 2," killed the story. How would the authorities have no leads when there's a goddamn story that not only provides a lead but also motive? Also, isn't the spouse the usual first suspect? Given his background it wouldn't take a whole lot to convince a jury. Furthermore, how would their bodies be destroyed to the point of being unidentifiable, but their clothes still intact? How can one identify a person, from an explosion by his clothes but not the female or find a lead? If you're going for realism, be realistic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous