Now or Never: Escape to Freedom Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good afternoon officer." Austin offered to the policeman.

"Good afternoon. Is everything okay young man?" Officer Riley asked.

"Yes sir. I was just stopping to have a smoke. I didn't think it would be safe to drive with one good arm and try to smoke a cigarette."

"You are right about that. I'm glad to see that you are thinking about safety. Where are you headed?" Officer Riley asked noticing Austin's out of state tags and the bruising on his face.

"I'm headed to Levy. Actually to the Watering Whole."

"Ah yes. I know that bar quiet well. You know your way there?"

"Yes sir. I have it programmed into my GPS."

"Very well. I will let you go on your way."

"Thank you officer and have a nice day." Austin called back to him.

As the officer pulled away Austin put out his smoke and got back into his car. The time had come it was either now or never. He put his right turn signal on and took the off ramp towards Levy. When he pulled up to the bar he shut the car off and sat there for a minute. He figured he would see Shelly first and see how she reacted. If she reacted in a bad way then he would just head towards Florida.

He finally worked up enough courage and walked in the bar. The sights and smells brought a smile to his face and there was Shelly at the bar, but she hadn't seen him since she had her back turned to him.

"I'll be right with you." She called out over her shoulder.

"It's okay ma'am take your time. I just need directions to I-95 south." Austin answered as he sat at the bar.

When Shelly heard that voice she dropped the glass she was cleaning and turned around. "Oh my god, Austin!" she screamed and ran around the side of the bar and wrapped her arms around Austin.

"What are you doing here? You ran away again!?" Shelly question still not letting go of Austin.

"No ma'am. He let me go this time."

Shelly pulled back and gave Austin a puzzled look. "What do you mean he let you go?"

"It's a very long story but he really did let me go this time."

"Do you believe him?" Shelly asked as she started to notice the bruises on Austin's face and around his neck.

"This time I do. When I looked into his eyes as I was leaving I could tell he was serious."

"I hope he was serious. So does this mean you are back?"

"If you guys will take me back." Austin said quietly.

"Like you have to ask!" Shelly said as she pulled him back into a hug.

"You guys aren't mad at me for leaving like that?"

"Of course not. We were heartbroken but we know what you have been going through. The only thing we had wished for is that you would have talked to us and let us explain that it was not your fault for the fight."

"I'm sorry for that."

"There is nothing to be sorry about. I'm just so happy that you are back!"

Austin finally asked the question he had been dreading. "Is Ryan mad at me?"

"No, at first he was but he also understands everything you have been through. He is just heartbroken. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't mention you."

"Is he here now?"

"No, he is at home helping his father with the horses. Why don't you head over to the house? I know he will be more than happy to see you." Shelly smiled.

"Okay I will. Thanks again Shelly." Austin said as he headed for the door.

"No need to thank me. I'm just glad your back."

As he walked out the door he could hear Shelly yell that drinks where on the house. He could tell she was happy to have him back.

Well the first part was over with now the hardest part was yet to come. Shelly had told him that Ryan wasn't mad at him but he wouldn't be surprised if Ryan didn't act the same way his mom did. Ryan was the one he had ran out on and broke his heart. He wouldn't blame Ryan if he didn't take him back.

He parked his car in front of the house and made his way up the front steps. His heart was pounding in his chest as he rang the bell. He didn't know if Ryan would hear the doorbell but he didn't want to just walk right in.

Austin stood there for a moment and just as he was about to ring the bell again the door opened, and there was Ryan.

Ryan's eyes grew wide as he looked at the person he never thought he would see again in his life.

"Hi Ryan, I'm sorry for leaving you and hurting you like I did. I was wondering if you would take me back but I understand if you don't want too." Austin babbled as he looked at Ryan.

Ryan just stood there, not saying a word. Austin couldn't tell what Ryan was going to say or do...

To be continued...

*****

Thank you for reading Chapter 3 of Now or Never: Worlds Collide. I'm sorry that it took so long to get this chapter out to all of you. I promise that chapter 4 will not take as long as this one did. I know before it looked like this was going to be the last chapter but I decided to extend the story by at least one more chapter! So with that said keep a look out for Chapter 4 of Now or Never: The Last Goodbye.