Once Dead Twice Bound Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The faster I'm done the less time I have to make an ass at myself.

She giggled at my antics, graduating into a full blown laugh when I choked on my food in my haste. Unsurprisingly, I choked. Bits of food ending up in my lungs instead of my stomach. Scrambling for water that helped ease the majority of the lump of food down my throat. I blushed, embarrassed and looked out a window, wheezing for breath. When I looked back she had the grace to look a little mollified at my embarrassed reaction and returned to eating her food. She stood up with me as I went to vacate the table.

"Where's the fire?" she asked teasingly.

My face flushed scarlet again.

"I've gotta get to class," I mumbled, as I loaded my tray on the conveyor belt. My heart was working overtime, beating painfully hard in my chest. Grasping my backpack straps with both hands with the vain hope that they would save me from the social awkwardness that was sure would follow.

"Yeah? What class?" she asked innocently as she deposited her own, mostly full, tray on the conveyor belt.

"Physics," I said still not looking at her as I bustled out the dining hall.

"Do you like physics?" she said, easily matching my pace.

"I guess. Look. Is there a reason you're following around? Do you know me?" I said as I finally met her eyes, shocked by their golden brown color. "You're that girl from yesterday. What do you want with me?" I asked as I backed away from her. She looked amused at my painfully shy and suspicious nature and took a step forward into my personal space once more.

"I want to ask you out on a date. Tonight. Seven o'clock," she said seriously.

"Ha. Try some other dupe," I laughed at her and continued walking.

"I am serious. Why do you not believe me?" she asked, a hint of frustration in her voice.

"Are you, serious? Look at yourself, then look at me. Look at yourself, now look at me. Guess what? I'm still beneath you," I said, imitating the old spice guy. "You have at least four points on me without breaking a sweat. We exist at different levels of society. I don't understand why you're fixated on me, or what plans you have, but if I had to guess it won't end well for me," I said honestly. She kept up with my speed walking as we passed through the hallways of our dorm.

"Do you really think I have nefarious plans for you?" she teasingly questioned.

"Let's look at the facts. One, you know absolutely nothing about me. Two, you are an astonishingly, amazingly beautiful woman. Three, I don't even know your name, and I doubt you know mine. Four, you show an abnormal amount of interest in me for, what? My amazing animal magnetism? I wish." I scoffed before continuing. " As we've walked there were at least four guys checking you out who are significantly more attractive than me. That leaves something that I can't really guess and I'm a little wary of," I finished honestly. Tara gave me a beaming smile.

"What?" I questioned, becoming vexed by her nonchalant attitude.

"You called me beautiful." She paused for a moment, thinking. "You're wrong, though. I do find you attractive, and I'm gonna show you how much," she said, grabbing my backpack and hauling

me through a nearby door. Wasting no time she pinned me against the wall, caging me with her body, her lips locking to mine in a passionate embrace. She swept me away with the silky caress of her lips and the ferocity of her tongue as she eagerly probed the depths of my mouth.

My world swirled in the gentle bonfire that was this enigmatic woman that fiercely stole my first kiss.

The fire didn't last long as a loud voice exclaimed behind me, "Do you mind? Keep your charity cases to yourself lady."

Slowly, ever so agonizingly slowly, I became aware of my surroundings. The echoing sound of the voices, the porcelain, and the telltale toilet flush sounding in the stall. The distinct lack of urinals. Girls bathroom. I was so ashamed and embarrassed that tears filled my eyes, which did nothing but increase the shame, because crying in public is totally socially acceptable.

"Fuck," the woman holding me exclaimed, seeing the look on my face. I attempted to slink around Tara and make a quick exit from this place, woman, and if possible, the world.

How soon are we going on a Mars missions? NASA here I come, I don't want to be on this planet anymore.

~ Tara ~

I grasped the struggling Jack in one hand and hauled him towards the woman who had commented on the display.

"I'll be back for you," I hissed angrily at the woman, reaching out and touching a thumb to her forehead before she could respond. The woman crumpled to the floor in a heap. Hyperventilating at the situation he found himself in, Jack was almost out of his mind with panic.

"You know what they say, third time's the charm." With sorrow, I pressed my thumb firmly to his forehead, wiping away Jack's consciousness, the last fifteen minutes, and with it the memory of our meeting.

I watched as Jack shook his head and stumbled away from the restroom. I turned my back on him deliberately, rubbing my thighs together and a futile effort to dispel the burning lust that ran through my veins.

"You've deprived me of something I greatly desired, however inadvertently, now you are going to lose something you desire," I said menacingly to the snoring form at my feet.

"I know just the thing," I said as I rummaged through the woman's purse. Hefting a tube of her lipstick a malevolent smile crossed my face.

A few minutes later a dazed woman with makeup that looked like a cross between a clown and a two year old's finger painting wandered out of the restroom. She decided now would be a good time to start practicing her show tunes rehearsal as she twirled drunkenly about the hallway. People watched, seemingly enthralled by this train wreck of a woman making a fool of herself in the hallway.

"Damn. Gotta start fresh," I muttered to myself, frowning. That's okay though, cause we've got nothing but time. I started to whistle, my hands in my pockets as I almost skipped down the hallway, heading in the same direction that Jack went earlier, schemes dancing through my head.

~ Jack ~

I sat in my physics class and shook my head, trying to recall exactly what happened this morning. I remembered waking up on my floor but everything after sitting down for breakfast was shrouded in a haze. Must've been on autopilot. I shrugged and tried to let my worries go but they clung to me like an lingering fog in the morning sun.

Physics class passed without incident and the worries had faded as I was consumed by equations of forces and their reactions. I smiled into the bright sunny day as I walked on the grass on the way back to my dorm. The smile shifted to a frown as I was confronted by the reality of eating another lonely lunch. I sighed.

Not much I can do about it now.

"Look out!" A feminine voice cried out as a weight collided into my chest driving me backwards onto my butt. As my disorientation cleared, I became aware of two soft points of contact, my chest and crotch. Two warm mounds pressed into my stomach while a sliding pressure moved over my crotch. She moved higher in my lap, propping herself up on her forearms as her golden brown eyes locked onto mine, one of her eyebrows arched suggestively.

"I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" she asked as she continued to subtly rub her stomach across my pelvis.

"Yeah. I'm okay. How are you?" I asked. Wanting to move out from under her but unable to find a safe place to put my hands. I laid a hand on her shoulder, using the other to prop myself up from the grass.

"I'm just fine," I finally managed to stammer shyly, after a few seconds of her wriggling.

"Umm. Do you mind?" I asked, fully aware of a growing problem in my pelvic region

"Oh, right. Sorry again. How about I buy you lunch to make up for it?" she said, helping me to my feet. Her grin showed she was more aware of my erection than I would have liked.

"I was just on my way to my dorm, I get my meals for free there," I muttered.

"Good then you shouldn't feel bad getting whatever you want," she said, flashing a smile at me. I snorted at her cheesy joke and her smile transformed into a laser beam of youthful exuberance that stunned me with its intensity. Helpless in the face of her joy, I had no choice to reflect a little of her happiness back at her in a small smile.

Evidently, she took the smile as some sort of sign as she slipped her hand in mine and set off at a brisk walk.

Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you an idiot than to open you mouth and prove it. Or something like that. I thought, quickening my pace to walk side by side with this strange woman.

After we'd had gotten our food and sat down to eat, I paused to ask some of the questions that were burning holes in my gut.

"I... I don't think I caught your name," I said, attempting nonchalance.

"Right, I didn't give you my name this ti- ... I'm Tara, and you are?" she said waving a spoon in my direction.

That was an awkward pause in the middle.

"I'm just Jack."

"Hello just Jack. It's nice to meet you," she said as she took my hand and brought it to her lips for a brief kiss.

"Wha... why?" I spluttered.

"To see what you'd do."

"Did I live up to expectations?" I asked glumly, growing more convinced I was nothing but a source of amusement to her.

"We'll just have to see won't we?" she said suggestively, popping a strawberry into her mouth.

"You like to tease, don't you?" I asked, looking down at my food as my face flushed red. An arched eyebrow was her only response. I swirled some applesauce around, looking for the right words.

I never was any good at confrontation.

"What are you up to?" I asked, carefully avoiding her gaze. She froze.

"I'll elaborate. Why did you choose to run into me? You planned on hitting me and pulling me into this, introductions like that don't just happen. Also, I've played tackle football with friends before and you cushioned your impact, that wouldn't happen if you were surprised. You batted your eyes and expected me to fall under your spell, but it didn't work. You might as well spit out what you want."

"You are very observant. And suspicious," she said flatly.

"Tell me I'm wrong."

"No, you're not wrong," she sighed. "I'm gonna have to try again aren't I?" she said to herself.

"What does that mean?"

"It means that I'm a mythical creature that has been searching for you for over four hundred years. I ran into you because I would do anything, anything, for you to consummate our bond. I sighed because you don't believe a word I'm saying and I'm gonna have to erase your memory, again, and find a way around the walls you've erected and into your life."

"You lost me at mythical creature. What have you been smoking?"

"Nothing. But I think you could use something to relax, you're wound tighter than an Ariadnid's bondage knot," with that she flashed forward almost quicker than I could track with my eyes, pressing her thumb firmly between my eyes before I could flinch. I slumped in my seat and she pressed her lips lightly to the same place her thumb had just occupied, barely aware as darkness drifted across my mind.

"Relaxation, maybe there's something to that..." she mused, slipping her tray off the table.

I came to with a start. Shaking my head to clear the fogginess I cleared my tray and headed back to my room.

These blackouts are not a good sign, I should go see a doctor.

Having made my decision, I turned a sharp one eighty and headed toward the university medical center.

Sitting in the health center I tapped my leg nervously, I had already filled out my forms and was now waiting for the nurse to take me back to an examination room.

What causes blackouts? Some sort of stroke? Cancer?

These sort of thoughts swirled around my head until I had half convinced myself I was a muscle twitch away from dropping dead.

"Jack Reynolds, the doctor will see you now," a male nurse in blue scrubs came to escort me back through the maze of hallways to a nondescript room.

"It shouldn't be more than a couple of minutes," the nurse said before stepping out the room closing the door firmly behind him. I stared around the bleak walls for a couple of minutes, contemplating grabbing one of the many out of date magazines stored on the wall. I had just pulled my phone out when a brunette doctor with a clipboard walked through the door.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Pengrass, how are we feeling today?" she said as she flipped through my chart.

"Okay, I guess. Except for the blackouts," I said, swallowing nervously around my dry mouth.

"Your chart is telling me you are having blackouts? Any headaches or dizziness?" she asked as she pulled out her little triangular flashlight thingy.

"Look behind my ear she said," sending the light into each eye in turn.

"No, nothing like that. But I do feel groggy after each...episode."

"Pupil response is normal, no sign of head trauma. How are you feeling? Any additional stressors in your life?"

"Maybe." She snorted and wrote something down on her pad.

I got stood up last week and have been feeling fucking lonely, I finished lamely in my mind.

After about thirty minutes of poking and prodding combined with various questions she finally seemed ready for a diagnosis.

"Simple. First of all, you are going to be fine. You are perfectly healthy, physically speaking. What you have is a case of acute stress instigated thrombocytosis. Essentially your emotional state is driving your body into a constant fight or flight response, this is causing your brain to overload and shut down until you reboot. I could prescribe you some medication to help calm you down, but I don't like writing unnecessary prescriptions. Therefore, I am writing you a prescription for a massage. I have a niece that works for a shop on campus and I'll get you a deal. Go get a massage and enjoy life. It'll do you wonders. You are an attractive young man so go live it up. You're in college, stop worrying so much and have a little fun," she said, scribbling something on a piece of paper and handing it to me.

I, slightly speechless, looked at the paper, "Tara Holo - Massage Works," it read.

"That's my niece, ask for her by name and mention Dr. Pengrass, she should slip you right in." She paused for a moment and looked around, as if in thought. "I think that's everything, have a wonderful day and again, try not to worry so much. Life is short, live a little," she gave a small wave, her golden brown eyes twinkling behind her glasses as she slipped out the door, looking vaguely familiar.

"Thank you," I said vainly to a closed door.

A quick google search on my phone and a short walk later found me nervously approaching the desk of the massage parlor.

Is it even called a massage parlor? That sounds so burlesque. Like I'm going to a gentlemen club to get my jollies rodgered or something.

"Hello, may I help you?" the man at the desk asked in a friendly tone.

"I got this note... from the doctor..." I said holding up the piece of paper with the scrawl.

The man examined the note before looking back to his computer, typing something, his eyes darting across the screen.

"Yes, here we go. Dr. Pengrass, right?" Jack nodded in affirmation. "We have an open slot now if you have time?" he asked looking up from his desk.

"I guess I have time," I hedged.

"Alright then, if you want to follow me, I'll show you to the changing rooms," the man said brusquely, with business-like efficiency.

"But... Don't I have to pay?" Jack asked nervously as he followed the man through a pair of swinging doors.

"Not for the first one. We're running a special today so newcomers get their first massage free, I'll get your contact info on your way out." He shrugged in noncommittal as he held open a door, revealing a standard locker room setup, albeit smaller. "The massage room is right through those doors," he said pointing across the room, before he turned and headed back towards the front of the store.

Feeling decidedly more nervous rather than less, I was beginning to think the doctor was a quack or an imposter. I quickly undressed, stuffing my things in a locker and heading into a room with a padded massage table. A plethora of scented candles and massage oils lay on the counters. Shuffling on my feet, clad only in my boxers, I debated whether I should sit or lay down on the table. A door reading, "Employee's Only," swung open opposite from the one I entered.

The spitting image of Dr. Pengrass sauntered through the door, sans glasses and minus five to ten years, assets proudly displayed in a constricting tight polo which had the massage parlor logo stitched onto it. They could have been twins, looking at her face I finally realized why the doctor had looked so familiar. My mulling over her appearance finally surfacing the memory from the depths of my mind.

"You!" we said at the same time. My accusing voice overshadowed by her bubbly one, which I was glad held a hint of guilt.

"I'm sorry about the other day," she preempted. "It was a rush thing and I took it too far. I'm really sorry. Please forgive me?" I was astounded with the way she owned it, and a little taken aback by the sincerity of her apology. The anger drained away as she presented pouty eyes and held her hands together like she was praying. I laughed a little and her face lit up.

"Forgiven," I affirmed slowly. "Ummm... This is my first time getting a massage so I'm not really sure how this works," my face glowing as I realized I was talking to this girl dressed only in my underwear. Thankfully, she seemed not to notice as she directed me to lie facedown on the gel padded massage bed.

"Some customers prefer me to be quiet while I do my work. I prefer to chat with my clients, it helps relieve some of the monotony, if you don't mind?" I shrugged in response. "Cool. I'm Tara by the way, Ryan said you met my aunt."

"Jack. And yes she recommended you to me."

It was a little awkward being facedown on the table, almost like a cadaver on the slab. She must have taken my lack of response as an affirmative because she continued talking, while also rubbing her hands together to get them warm. I tensed, expecting her wet hands to be uncomfortable on my back.

They were not.

They were warm and soft and they were there. There on my back, delicately kneading my flesh. Another person cared enough to try to touch me in an overwhelmingly intimate way without being sexual.

I'm not sure how blessed you are with physical and emotional closeness but lack of it had driven me to be a jaded and hollow pessimist always on the lookout for the trap, the catch, the snare. But that faded, blown away by her magical hands. Replaced with the warmth of acceptance, however fleeting and fake it was.

I'm not gonna go all kumbaya just because a hot woman touches my back. It's her job. A service for which I had contracted her to perform... I mean I didn't actually pay, but the point remains the same.

Still, I couldn't help but relax as he palms dug deeper into my upper back, slowly dragging their way across my skin. She started talking and I responded naturally, my normal social anxiety was drained in the same way as my tension, vacuumed through her talented hands. It almost felt like her hands were reaching into me...

No that's not right.

If felt like her hands were stroking my metaphysical surface like one would stroke the back of a friendly cat; and, like a friendly cat, my insides stretched before settling more comfortably inside me, almost purring with satisfaction. My clenched fists went slack against my sides, and the tension in my neck eased without her even touching it.