Once Dead Twice Bound Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How long were you locked up?" I asked quietly.

"Almost two weeks. I think. It's hard to remember clearly," she replied as a small tremor ran through her body.

"You said it was suicidal. How are you rational now? Should I be concerned?" I said, running my hand across her back, trying to comfort her. She leaned into the contact and gripped my arm for support, grateful for the comfort that came from the touch.

"Somehow when you hit me with your spirit fire you brought back some of the rational portion of my mind. Having been defeated me in martial combat, my instincts were to submit to you for the fealty bond. I could feel the blood-rage returning when you hesitated, making me desperate. But then you touched and claimed me." This recollection brought a warm smile to her face, turning into her into a real stunner. "Causing the blood-rage to recede even more. You then tried to leave without finishing the bond. Which wasn't very nice, by the way. I ended up completing the bond and now here we are," she finished, giving my cheek a teasing peck, evidently delighted by my uncomfortable shyness.

"Could you explain the fealty bond to me it doesn't really make sense. Why would people...orcs, anyone really, willingly commit to being slaves?" I asked, still confused by the concept.

"The word slave doesn't quite convey the right idea. It's a relationship of mutual loyalty. During the moment of reciprocal sexual release the boundaries around the mind are loosened. At this moment the unconscious minds mingle and come to agreeable terms of the fealty, allowing a very real metaphysical bond to form. This agreement lasts as long as the master party doesn't breaks the terms set by the slave. These terms surface to the front of the awareness after they have been set."

"Ummmm. I don't think I felt any terms or instincts about my actions towards you. Are you sure we're bonded?" I asked, kind of hoping she was wrong.

She gave me a level glare. "Of course I'm sure. The reason you didn't see any terms for me is because I didn't set any. I was so desperate to avoid the bloodlust that I gave you unconditional fealty. You could've demanded anything from me, and I would have consented." She gave me a look that indicated she was interesting in exploring some of the depths of that anything. "Once you accepted the fealty, I was bound to do you no harm which banished the blood-rage, for time being at least. Thank you for that, you couldn't imagine the repercussions of me getting free while in blood rage," she said, her voice low and haunted again.

"You're welcome. I think. What else does the position entail?" I said, imagining the idea of a naked Opal running around like a mini Hulk picking up cars and throwing them at random pedestrians. It was both scary and arousing.

Scarousing.

"You mean you want to know the extremely intimate and restricting terms your subconscious imposed on me? That's awfully presumptive of you don't you think?" she questioned playfully.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know... You're messing with me aren't you?" I said lamely. She had started to laugh midway through me apology, giving her game away.

"Yes.. yes I am. You were very generous with the bindings. I cannot lie to you, betray you, or harm innocents under your command. I will obey your commands within reason but I do possess the ability to resist if I feel strongly enough. It will pain me to do that, so please don't command me carelessly. Other than that, I'm free to act as I wish. It is among the least restrictive fealty bonds I have ever seen."

"Okay that's not so bad. I guess. Still how can we get rid of it?" I asked, uncomfortable with the idea of having that kind of control over another sentient being.

She smiled at him. "You can't, it's unconditional. Which means no matter what you do you're stuck with me. Just the fact that you want to get rid of the bond shows me how good a master you will be." She gave him a light hug, gingerly avoiding his bandages. "Till death do we part, master," she said, the last came out in a sarcastic drawl.

"It still doesn't feel right. I'm a nobody. I have no idea what I did to you. I am among the least qualified people to be anyone's master let alone a strong, beautiful, resilient orc," I said honestly.

Opal blushed slightly at the compliment. "You are not a nobody" she said firmly. "You are compassionate and kind. You fight to defend yourself even when you think it's hopeless," she spoke with resolution. "Even without the blood-rage, I still would have chosen you, had I the choice. Besides, once we get you an instructor you'll have power of your own. I don't think a mage has existed in centuries."

"A what?"

The confusion continues.

"A mage. You must be familiar with the general concept," she said patiently.

"I get the general concept, wands, staves, and a predilection for beards. How can you tell I am one?" I said, still not altogether convinced she was correct.

Although their was the weird fire thing. Annnnd the strange tether thing. The odd thing with her skin. Okay so not altogether unbelievable that there is something mystic going on with me.

"You bear all the classic signs. You have an iridescent spirit and a wellspring that surpasses all but the great dragons. The fact that you were willing and able to provide me usable mana is a testament to how compatible we are are as well as your bodies ability to channel the energy."

"I'm adrift at sea without paddles here. I gave you mana. Something about a wellspring and spirit. Dragons...? Let's start there. How many other mythical creatures exist?" I was floundering, tired, sore, and fighting off a monster of a headache. Lying down on the dirty concrete the cold leached into my flesh, providing a modicum of relief from my aching wounds. I was slightly worried about internal bleeding but I wasn't sure what I was going to do about it here.

"Almost all of them. Most folktales and legends have some basis in fact. Some of the stories have been mangled and twisted but the core truth still exists even through the muting the veil provides," she said this like it was common knowledge.

"That's another thing. The veil. You've mentioned it before. I'm guessing that it's something enormous and magical. Something that keeps people like me from knowing the truth about you." I paused for a second reflecting on some of the things I'd seen or heard. "When I first saw you, you appeared to be the black version of an amazon warrior. When I touched you something happened to my eyes and your appearance changed to that of an orc," I left the end of my statement hanging, hoping she'd fill in the blanks.

"In touching me, your mind could no longer deny the truth being presented by your spirit. Effectively you 'pierced' the veil with your third eye. All mages are purported to having it. Although the effect it has varies from tale to tale." She laid down next to me and settled a hand on my chest. "Now you should be able to see auras and the supernatural how they actually appear. In fact legends say..." Opal never finished that sentence, the sound of a crossbar being pulled out of place and key turning in the lock interrupted her train of thought. I winced, levering myself off the ground, my head swimming and pulsing in pain as what blood I had left rushed to it. Settling myself into a ready stance, my knees bent, elbows in, I prepared to confront their captors.

Opal pulled herself in front of me ready to defend her master. She was healed but not at full strength due to the continuous punishment she had received. It was unlikely they would survive this encounter but she couldn't think of anything else to do. She picked up a leg that had broken off from the table. She tested its weight and durability by smacking it solidly in her palm and prepared for battle.

I watched the door open to reveal the paler grey eyed twin of the woman who had so recently stomped on his self esteem like a cockroach.

Olivia.

She was dressed in a black sweater with a grey scarf holding a large duffel bag with one hand and the keys to the room in another.

"Olivia," I said rage and embarrassment climbing in my chest and leaking out into my voice.

"Jack," she gasped in surprise.

"Arrrrrgggghhh," Opal provided as she charged forward, holding the makeshift club aloft.

Olivia still stared at Jack in surprise as Opal crossed the space between them. A strange look flashed on Olivia's face and her irises flashed a brilliant red. Her mouth opened in a snarl.

Holy shit she's a vamp-

That's as far as I got as a thunderclap sound accompanied the most heinous pain I'd ever imagined ripped across my body. It felt as if I'd been submerged in a pool of starving ice piranhas. Flares of purple fire flashed from my body as warmth fled from my body, shortly replaced by patches of icy cold flesh. The shockwave that knocked me unsteady caused the pain in my side to paint a fresh coat of agony. The pink bandages flushed red as they were doused with a fresh infusion, the fresh scabs rupturing under my straining as I flexed against my captor. Suddenly the ripping feeling disappeared and in the lack of pain caused a rush of relief through my body as I collapsed bonelessly.

Damn, I've only ever felt this cold before in that strange dream. That can't be good, I'm pretty sure I died in that one.

Such thoughts were not comforting, but they were all I had to accompany me into the darkness.

~ Opal ~

Opal was stunned by the shockwave accompanying the thunderclap of the lich's teleport. This was not the one who tormented her, but was sure that this must be one of his minions. She turned and shifted on the balls of her feet trying to look out for a surprise attack. Then she felt the tug on the fealty bond that told her that Jack was injured. She looked in horror as the lich clamped down on her master, sucking his essence down in great gulps. Jack was convulsing in her grasp, her arms around his chest as she locked his torso in place, holding up his body. The convulsions slowed and the lich pulled her head from Jack's neck carefully unsheathing her oversized incisors from his body. Opal watched as her irises shifted from a vibrant red for a cool grey color.

Olivia looked down at the bloodied neck of her victim and horror filled her features. She met Opal's eyes and vanished in another thunderclap leaving Jack's body to crumpled motionless to the ground. Opal raced over to him and slid next to him checking his body for a pulse. Her shaking shaking hand found the correct place on his neck and she could feel it trembling beneath her fingers; fast and thready, but it was still there. Opal took the jagged end of her club and brought in a sharp slice across the back of her hand. She let the blood drip off of her fingers and onto his wound. She stilled her panicking her mind, trying to convince herself this would work although she had never tried this on anyone that wasn't an orc before. She focused on her blood, thinking thoughts of life and pushing them through the bond. She thought of the clash of effort in sparring, she thought of bonfires with her warband, she thought of the glorious rush of sex, she thought of Jack's concerned eyes looking down on her as he took her from behind...

She saw the jagged puncture wounds slowly creep together under her bloody hand. His pulse slowed until it drummed a steady beat against her fingertips. She let out a relieved breath and went over to check out the duffel that the lich had left abandoned by the opening. Surprisingly it was full of men's clothes. Men's clothes that smelled of Jack, cinnamon and honey flowed out of the bag as she grabbed a black shirt that said "Jack Johnson" and pulled it over her naked torso. It was a snug fit, the black fabric stretching mightily to restrain her breasts. She was once again glad she had never needed a bra, orcs having denser fatty tissue meant there was less bouncing during physical exertion. No longer looking like a homeless victim, she pulled out a grey cross country sweater to cover Jack's bandages. Satisfied they would raise minimal suspicion in public she slung the duffel bag over her shoulder. She delicately gathered Jack's limp form into her arms and rose from the floor, barely straining. Opal took a moment to examine the room, making sure she had everything she needed before easing out the door, taking care to protect Jack's head. She blinked in the bright light examining the reinforced garage like structure from the outside. She breathed the fresh woodland air for the first time in weeks. She could hear cars on the highway from the north, so she set off at a brisk walk in that direction. She concocted a story of a camping trip gone wrong as she trotted through the forest. It seemed plausible and people did love to play the savior to someone in need.

~ Tara ~

I was frantic. In all my years on and off this Earth, I had never feared losing something as much as I feared losing Jack again. I was flying back to him when I felt our connection disappear from the aether. It didn't snap like it would if he'd died. The bond went out from me and then... nothing. Like having a phone call and suddenly the person on the end of the line stops talking, the call was still connected I just wasn't getting any response.

Rushing over to where I'd had last felt his location, I fought against the panic that clawed me. I landed as a golden comet streaking from across the ground, spraying mulch as I bled off my velocity. I couldn't smell any blood. Just the soothing scent of cinnamon and honey moving down the trail until... nothing. The scent just vanished, like a twinkie at a diet convention. There were undercurrents of dead, but not rotting, flesh around the spot of disappearance. Focusing in on those strange spots I noticed an odd coldness that lingered in the same places I smelt the strange dead-but-not-really flesh.

Lich. That's not a good sign.

If a lich got a hold of him and fed from him they would never let him go.

Mage blood is like ambrosia mixed with crack cocaine sprinkled with crystal meth to them. Incredibly pleasurable and unimaginably addictive.

Mages like Jack provide such concentrated mana that it supercharged the lich. Not counting the fact that the taste a mage's mana was supposed to produce an unbreakable thirst that only mage mana could quench. Focusing, I tried to work out the chain of events and potential actions.

The lich would have taken Jack to their bolt hole, causing the cut off in the bond as he, or she, passed through their wards. From then it was only a matter of time before the lich tasted him. Once that happened the lich would realize what he was and take him somewhere remote and hidden as possible to accumulate the power latent in his blood. Once they had sufficient power they would dispose of him to prevent anyone else from using him to gain that same power.

I have to get him back very soon or he could die. Probably for good this time. Right after I'd just gotten to see him again...

One of the problems I faced was that I was new to the area and hadn't gotten the lay of the land, I had no idea where a lich den might be. Or the identity and disposition of the lich in question.

Shifting to human form, I grasped the spear strapped to my back. Conversing with it silently under the trees for a minute until my head snapped up.

The bond was back! I took off like a rocket, spear grasped in my mouth, as I slipped back to a fox for maximum speed.

My tail whipped behind me as I traveled at speeds that weren't entirely safe, even for an experienced mystical creature. I made the ten mile run in five minutes flat.

I'm not sensing any emotions from him so he must be asleep or unconscious. Although there is a vague sense of lingering pain that is worrisome.

My feet skimmed above the grass as I honed in on his presence.

There.

I broke through the treeline, and saw him being carried through the forest by a ragged orc wearing a t-shirt two sizes too small. Snarling involuntarily as I smelt my mate's blood permeating the air, I prepared to fight.

"Put him down slowly and you might still live to see tomorrow," I spat at the orc, brandishing the silver spear shaft, the red blade tip darkening towards black at the tip.

~ Opal ~

Opal looked at the kitsune with the spear in disbelief. How many times would she have to face death today? She gave a defeated grin. At least she would go out in glorious martial combat, an honorable death. She leaned Jack up against the tree. If she did somehow manage to win she needed to do it in a hurry. For some reason his body refused to warm. His pale skin like ice against hers, although soothing for her aches, sent a trickle of unease through her stomach. She readied in herself preparing to throw her all into her first strike.

~ Tara ~

I was beyond reason. My mates blood on this orc's hands. Launching myself at the pale jade woman, I released a desperate scream. An unholy fury lit in my eyes, my hands wreathed themselves in pale blue flame.

Stabbing lightning quick at Opal's chest, the spear flashed in the air like a lightning strike. The tip scraped at her breastbone before the thrust slid by, failing to meaningfully connect. Opal latched onto my arm preparing to grapple for the weapon. The fealty bond surged through us both, forcing Opal to her knees. Our eyes were dinner plates, the same surprised look on both our faces.

"Mistress," Opal whispered in shock. "Apologies. I was unaware of your relationship with master. He is in need of urgent medical assistance." Opal may be master's second but this was his queen.

~ Opal ~

I looked down at the woman on her knees, spear held above my head, prepared for a killing strike, the anger slow to fade. I held onto it for a second, scared of the fear and uncertainty that waited to replace it. The spear confirmed the truth of the orc's words having tasted her essence. Ignoring the kneeling woman and all the implications therein, I moved to my mate who was leaning as though dead against the tree, a macabre tableau of a sight seen before. I opened my third sight to see the weeping wounds in his soul pouring mana into the ambient energy.

Not again. Not this time. I could try pouring mana into him but it would be like trying to fix a leaky bucket with more water, it might help a little but it wouldn't fix the underlying problem. I looked at the spear in my hands in trepidation.

We had hoped to try this in a more controlled environment. No time like the present. The plans of mice and men... I thought, both a prayer and a curse. I pulled him into my arms for a quick embrace before setting the spear against his chest.

At the spears urging, I backed away from Jack, covering my eyes. The wellspring of magic created by the link between Jack and the weapon wrapped him in a spinning cocoon of coaruscating light too blinding to see through.

~ End of Part 1 ~

Author's Note: Thanks for reading my story. I'd been wrapped up in real life responsibilities so writing took a backseat. That's over now so I should be back to writing more regularly. I'm currently almost 10k words into the next installment in Forced Changes so that should be coming out in the next month or so. Please leave me a comment or a rating to let me know what you think. Also, thinking about starting a Patreon, please leave your thoughts below. Thanks again and hope you have a nice day.