Our Little Secret Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In a desperate move, her boss actually threatened to sue her, and she just laughed. "Do you know who I am going out with?" she asked him. He shook his head. "Joel Winkman, and I know his lawyer. The fact that you just threatened to sue me is worth a lot of money," Jen smiled. She didn't actually know Joel's lawyer, but that didn't matter. Joel had fleeced Quinton Systems for wrongful dismissal only months earlier, and they were still licking their wounds from the magnitude of the settlement. Suddenly everyone changed their tune, and it was all best wishes Jenny, and good luck Jenny.

Joel and Jen laughed over the stupidities of the company. "I don't know why I didn't leave that place sooner," she complained. "I know," she interrupted Joel before he could say it, "that place does it to you."

Jenny's plans to move out west were under full steam. Don McLean sent her an email, saying he knows how stressful a move is. Just tell him what she wants in a temporary place, and they will find it for her.

"What did you say?" Joel asked.

"I was waiting for you to come home," she smiled. "It's going to be our place, remember?" Joel asked her what she was thinking. She said she wanted a fenced in yard where the dogs could run, three bedrooms – one for them, one for Joel's office, and one for guests, and that was all she had come up with so far. Joel suggested the fewer demands, the easier it would be, and then they could look for the perfect long term place together.

Jen thought there was just too much work to do in the time left. She couldn't get the house ready in time to sell. She didn't know what to do. Joel said leave it to him – he had an idea.

On top of that, Jen had to buy a whole new wardrobe for the California climate. Finally, after supper, she remembered to ask Joel how his trips were. "Boring," he said. "Next time I'm sending Barry out for a first contact meeting. It was all numbers and finances and plans. And then Phoenix was just a mess. I didn't get anything done in the end."

"Oh my God!" she said. "Speaking of Phoenix, did you hear what happened in Albuquerque?" Joel shook his head. He said he'd been working flat out. "Somehow they made a dozen women have sex against their will, and one of them was killed at a dinner party! And the creepy thing is, they can't find the body?"

"How do they know she was killed?" Joel went along.

"Well, they all saw it. This man in black told her to slit her own throat, and she did." Joel had heard it all first hand from the women themselves, but tried to act appropriately shocked. None of the women were aware of the stabbing. The task force figured he was stabbed while the rest of the girls were still under the puppet master's control, and then the puppet master commanded her to kill herself, and in doing so, released the women, who then witnessed her forced suicide.

"They must have been drugged, or something." Joel nodded, knowing it was in the or something category.

- - - End of Chapter 8 - - -