Paid to Seduce His Mother V. 02 Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mike finished dressing and walked out to the bar to say good night to Evie and check on the schedule for the next day. "Hey, boss. What time should I be here tomorrow?"

"Hey, hero. I guess you tripped into Bert's practical joke. Everyone who ordered the cacciatore commented on it and how good it was. During his break he asked me about you and your experience, then told me what he had done. I was so angry at him. The last time he pulled something like that, we had to cover three dinners, and I docked his pay."

"It's something a lot of old cooks do, to test the mettle of cooks without much real work experience. I ran into it a couple of times as an intern at school. Except for all the extra salt he put into the tomato puree, it wasn't a problem; it just needed a bunch of sugar and some flavoring. Tomorrow?"

"Oh, yeah. Here's the features menu. Everything else, is pretty much either frozen or made to order. Look it over and figure how much prep time you'll need with Bella and Joe helping you." As he began to look over the menu, she asked, "Would you like something to drink?"

He grinned. "No thanks. If I have anything right now, you'll have to take me home."

"That's fine. We live just around the corner."

"I meant mine. Yours is for tomorrow night, remember?"

"Party pooper. Can't blame a girl for trying, can you?"

With a smile, he shook his head and passed the menu back to her. "What time can I get in the kitchen in the morning?"

Evie tossed him a set of keys. "Whenever you want. Here are Bert's keys. The big one is the back door. The alarm code is 739283, or rewave. You have a minute to enter the code. The pad is on the left as you enter, behind the door. If you try to enter any code on the one you see coming in, it sets off an alarm at the security company.

"The other keys are labeled. Joe and Bella, the line cooks, will be in around ten. You met Joe; Bella is the one you filled in for. She called. Her car was totaled, but no one was hurt, so she'll be in tomorrow. Sammy, the dishwasher comes in at nine to finish whatever he didn't get done tonight and generally straighten the kitchen out, putting away dishes and pots, mopping up and stuff."

"The birds been delivered?" She nodded. "The other proteins?"

"Out of the freezer this morning, thawing in the meat fridge," she said with a smile.

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow, then."

"Don't you want to know what you're getting paid?"

"Paid? I get paid? Hell, I thought I just stepped in to help out a friend in need. Shit, just the experience is enough, Evie. Whatever you say is fine."

"If you say so. How's nineteen an hour sound? That's a little shy of average for an experienced head cook, but I have a hunch you'll earn it."

"I...I... that's fine, Ev. Tomorrow and Sunday and..."

"We're closed Monday, then Joe and Bella can handle the regular menu until Friday. That's when I'll need you again if I can't find someone."

"Well, take your time and find someone good. Tonight was fun, in a way."

"Job's open. How obligated are you to Someplace Else?"

"Depends on them. They asked and I said yes, then they said October first. Until then I'm on my own, free to look, I guess."

"Think about it, Mike. I'd love to have you here, personal relationship aside. That's just a bonus for me."

"For me too, sweets." He stood up. "I better get gone before it makes more sense to sleep in the car. I'll be in about eight to start the birds and beef marinating and get a head start on prepping sides. Then I'll probably take a couple of hours midday for a break."

"That's fine. Don't forget to bring a change of clothes, for Sunday," she said with a smile. "Or don't guys worry about the walk of shame?"

"Walk of shame? What's that?"

"Coming into work wearing the same clothes you went 'home' in."

"Nah, we call that the strut of pride," he replied with a grin. "See you in the A of M."