Restored

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was Saturday night, Patsi and I were busy all day until closing time. Finishing off cleaning the last couple of tables while Patsi was wiping down the bar I said. "Tomorrow I've got some finishing touches to do on the car. Monday morning I have it booked for it's MOT."

"I heard you did a good job on Ryan's car?" Patsy said.

"Just helped to get the car running for his niece to use when she visits him. Tell me, Patsy, what is the story with Mr Tate.

"He hasn't told you? Two weeks you are going to his house, and he hasn't told you about his family?"

"Tell me what?"

"It was a few years back; his son just finished university. He decided to travel around Asia for a year before following in his father's footsteps. Ryan didn't tell you he was one of the top lawyers in London."

"No, we haven't spoken about his personal life."

"A few months before he was going to come back, he was travelling to Hong Kong. It was late when his plane landed, getting a taxi to some friends house in the early hours of the morning wasn't a good idea. The Taxi driver drove him to Chungking Mansions. A Ghetto part of Hong Kong. He left his last breath that morning. Some kids found his body a few day's later. Hong Kong police said he was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Oh my God that must have been devastating for him. How do you recover from something like that?"

Pouring herself a JD, she tossed it back. "He never did, after his son's death, he just walked out from the law firm he was a partner. His wife then left him, for some guy living in London. Rumours are she was having an affair before their son went travelling. That is why he decided to travel, to get away from the arguments they had."

"That was ten years ago, the car I am working on is his son's right?"

"That was his son's garage, Steve. They would spend hours together in there. They were very close. Don't you see Steve he sees you like the son he lost so many years ago, that is why he want's you around all the time."

Sunday morning I was up early. Got to Mr Tate's house by 8 am. Opening the garage door, trying to make as less noise as I could I rolled the MG into the driveway. Giving the car a hose down to eliminate any dust on it. Wiping any water from the body before getting the Autoglym polish out. By 10 am the car was finished, ready for it's MOT.

Going back to the house to find Mr Tate, to show him the car. Finding him in the kitchen holding a spatula. "Steve just in time for breakfast." He said.

"The car is ready if you want to have a look at it?"

"I think the car can wait, Steve. Let's enjoy our breakfast."

We sat opposite each other chatting and joking as we enjoyed our Breakfast. "Steve you look a little fidgety." He said.

"Oh, I'm ok."

"Don't worry about the car. I'm sure you did a good job." By our second coffee, he had told me what Patsy said the night before about his son, leaving out the part about his wife. He stated that they just separated but stayed in touch with each other.

When we eventually went outside to see the car, I reached out with the car keys to hand them over to him. He carried on walking towards the MG. Walking around it twice inspecting it. On the third round, he was doing a closer inspection of the car.

"Is everything ok? I'm still waiting for some body parts I want to change. Mostly cosmetic, engine side it's running ok."

Taking the key from me, he put it in the ignition, turning it. The engine fired up on the first turn, without needing to step on the accelerator. From under the hood, all you could hear was a sweet purr like the sound a cat makes. As we both walked together one more time around the car inspecting it. Watching the stream of steam the exhaust was releasing.

"Steve, it's not ok it's perfect."

"I just hope your niece like's it?"

"Only one question I have, how much do I owe you for your labour?"

"Sir you are joking with me, it was a pleasure working on this classic."

"No, you spent a lot of time and effort on this car."

"Mr Tate, letting me work on the car was enough. Your company during these two weeks was more than I can ask from you. The first couple of days we wanted to kill each other, but we got over that." Both of us laughing at the last comment. "I want to thank you for trusting me with your car. Now I know how much it means to you."

"Steve from now on call me Ryan. Let me show you something." Walking in front of me, we went to the back of the garage, where the covered car was. He went to one side, telling me. "Can you go on the other side and untie the cover from the bottom of the car." As instructed, I then held the canvas up. Together we walked towards the front of the car dropping the cover on the ground, raising a big cloud of dust. When the dust settled down, sitting in front of me was what I suspected. From bumper to bumper, the car was a beauty. It was an Aston Martin.

"This is an Aston Martin V8 Vantage. If I am correct, it is a late 70's, model." I said as I inspected the vehicle closer. "Everything is like new on it."

"I think you will find something wrong with it, or which is not working properly?" Looking at me while smiling. "It's been covered up for almost ten years. I need someone to bring back to life."

"This car could cost a lot on spare parts?"

"Don't think about the cost, will you take on the project?"

Putting out my hand I said. "you're going to have me in your way for longer than two weeks on this project."

Stretching out his hand, he took my hand in a firm handshake. "It will be a pleasure to have you around."

We spent the rest of the day enjoying each others company. I cooked one of the dishes that Patsy showed me. He enjoyed a bottle of red wine with it, while I enjoyed my pint of OJ. He showed me some photo albums of his family, mostly his son and wife. His son looked like his mother who was a stunning woman. I saw all this was bringing back memories for him, making him sad, so I changed the subject. Closing the Photo album, I asked what time his niece will be coming? So I could have the car back from it's MOT.

At around 11 pm we said good night to each other. I made my way back home to get some sleep. I wanted to get up early to take the car for its MOT test.

Chapter 5

Walking towards the garage, listening to the birds, whistling with them. Pressing the remote for the garage door to open, with the door raising the first thing that I saw was a pair of ladies high heels, then came two beautiful long legs, looking up standing in front of the MG was one of the most dazzling women I had ever seen in my life. On seen me, she crossed her hands over her chest and stared at me with frowned eyebrows.

She Scanned me from head to toe a couple of times before she spoke. "You must be uncles help, which maintains the property? I want you to bring the car out of the garage. I need to go into town?" Stepping to one side of the car for me to go bye.

Seen me dressed like this, wearing a tacky T-shirt and ripped up jeans, I guess I didn't look very impressive. Without saying anything, I Walked passed her opening the cupboard to acquire a handful of tools to take with me, just in case I need to make any final adjustments to the car.

"Great you don't even understand English!" She shouted with an angry expression on her face.

Getting into the car, I started the engine revving it a few times. Hitting the button for the window to go down, I shouted out so she can hear me. "I take the car to wash up boss!" Trying as much as I can to sound like someone from abroad, who speaks little English. Putting the car in first gear, I released the clutch while stepping on the accelerator. The wheels gave out a loud screech as I approached the end of the driveway. Just before turning, I looked at the rear mirror. Beauty was standing there with her hands open. She said something which I couldn't hear. But by the movement of her lips, I am sure it was. "What the fuck!"

The garage I took the car for the test was in Welwyn Garden City. It was a family friend of the Tates. Stepping out of the car I approached the garage entrance. Standing there wiping his hands with a piece of cloth was a middle-aged gentleman. "Hi, my name is Steve, I have booked a car for a MOT test," I said while smiling at him.

"I recognise that car it belongs to Ryan Tate. Just wait here a minute." Turning his back to me, he pulled out of his pocket a mobile, making his way to the back of the garage, while he put the phone to his ear.

Waiting for him to come back, I heard a voice shout out. "WOW!" Looking towards where the sound was coming from, a couple of young men were walking towards me. Ignoring me, they started to inspect the car closely. One of them said. "I remember this car. Our boss wanted to buy it from this old boy a couple of years ago. The old fart didn't want to sell it; it was too sentimental to him he said."

"Hey, you two get back to work!" It was the garage owner walking back out of the garage towards me. He said. "Sorry about earlier son. By the way, my name is Tom. Ryan is a good friend of mine. Seen his son's car all of a sudden like that, it was a shock. I had to confirm it with Ryan. I Just spoke to a lady she seemed very pissed off about you driving off with the car. Then when I talked to Ryan, he was ok with it."

"Like I said earlier I've brought the car for its MOT test."

"It's going to be about an hour. We have a waiting room if you like to wait here, there is a vending machine with hot or cold beverages." Showing me to the waiting room, I got myself some coffee from the vending machine.

Forty-five minutes later Tom came back. "Is the car ok? did you find any problems with it?"

"No everything was fine. It passed the MOT with flying colours."

Tightening my fist, I punched the air shouting. "Yes!"

"Who refurbished this car?" He asked.

"Mr Tate wanted to get the car roadworthy for his niece to drive when she visits him. I told him I'd have a look at it and fix anything that needs doing."

"Son I have been doing this job for the last thirty years, I have seen jobs done by specialist restorers, which are similar standards to what you've done to this car."

Giving me his business card, he then put his hand out for a handshake. "That is my card Steve if you are interested in a job to give me a call."

Driving back to Ryans place I was thinking of his niece. I will surely get a mouthful from her when I get back. Parking the car in the driveway, thinking she will want to go for a spin. Making my way to the house from the garage, knocking on the door I waited. A few moments later the door opened, Ryans niece appeared in front me. With the same look, she had when I saw her earlier she started off again. "Who do you think you are driving off like a lunatic and not coming back for two hours?" Standing behind her was Ryan raising his eyebrows at the same time nodding his head up a little.

"Hey Steve let me introduce you to My niece, Lisa,"

"Hi," I smiled at her, putting my hand out to give her the car keys.

Making a groaning sound, she grabbed the keys out of my hand, walking fast towards the car. Next, we heard the wheels screech as she drove off.

"I think she doesn't like me, Ryan?"

"Now, what makes you think that?"

We both burst out in laughter.

For the next three day, I didn't have the chance to go around Ryans to start on the Aston Martin. Patsy and I were busy with some new menus we were putting together, adding new dishes while removing some old once which were not selling.

Next time Ryan came to the inn I told him. "I will be starting on the Aston Martin as soon as my work has finished here."

"Take your time Steve no big rush."

"How is the Princess, is she enjoying her holiday?"

"She sends her love. She told me, there is a knocking sound coming from the back of the car."

"I won't be able to go around for a few days. Tell Princess if she has five minute's to bring the car here, I'll be able to look at it straight away."

Bob jumped in the middle of the conversation. "Knocking sound my ass from one person, and the other person is too busy to go around to look at it. In other words playing hard to get." That is when the others started laughing.

"Come on guys where talking about Ryan's niece here?"

Sunday I had Billy with me, as Patsy had to go to London to visit some friends. Putting Billy's harness on, we were about to go for a walk when I heard a car stop outside. Looking out of the window to see who it was, I saw Lisa climbing out of the MG. Saying to Billy. "Sit." I went outside closing the door behind me.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi, I've been waiting for you to come and have a look at the car all week!" She shouted as she banged her hand on the roof of the car.

"Hey chill out, I told your uncle I was busy this week, that's why I haven't been able to come around." Making my way to the back of the car I said to her. "Start the engine so I can have a listen to it." Kneeling down to get a closer inspection, I saw the exhaust was knocking on the car chassis. It was a matter of bending the rubber holder a little to make the clearance the exhaust needed.

While lying on the ground, trying to bend the metal hook enough for the clearance, I hear that well-mannered voice again. "Are you going to be a long time." Turning my head towards the direction where she was standing, I could see her legs as she was tapping one foot on the ground.

Quickly getting up from under the car, I was face to face with her, not more than one foot apart. "What is your fucking problem? From day one when I met you, you have been a right bitch are you always like this? Jesus Christ!" I shouted at her.

Surprised she took a step back, she was about to say something, but instead, turned around slugging her shoulder forward, she started to cry as she began to walk towards the entrance of the Inn. Turning the handle to open the door I shouted. "Lisa don't open the door!"

Billy just leapt out from inside, knocking Lisa on the ground. He didn't hit her hard. She was mostly shocked when she saw him in front of her. Quickly grabbing the harness, I pulled Billy away from her as he tried to lick her. "I am so sorry about that Lisa," I said while pulling the harness, with Billy stretching towards her with his tongue dangling in front of her.

Lisa started to flap both her hands in front of her, trying to push Billy away. Suddenly she began laughing out loud. "I guess I deserved that," she said as she got up, wiping her dress from any dirt.

I noticed that she grazed her leg a little when she fell over, looking up at her she saw me looking at her leg. "I wasn't looking at your ...!

Before I could finish my sentence, she spoke. "I know what you was looking at, do you have any antiseptic inside, to clean it up?"

Making our way inside, Billy ran in front of us to his favourite rug near the fireplace. Lisa sat on one of the high stools at the bar while I got a sterile moist wipe to give her. "Don't worry you can clean it I won't bite you." With a shaking hand, I started cleaning the wound, avoiding too much pressure that would cause her pain. "Ouch!" she screamed.

"Are you ok."

Sitting there staring into my eyes while smiling she said. "Just playing with you silly." That's when we both started to laugh.

Finishing off by sticking a band-aid on it, covering the wound. "All done, your leg will be like new in a couple of days, you can go to your date now."

"What date? I don't have a date."

"Earlier when you was in a hurry, I thought you needed to go somewhere."

"No, I was just a pain in the neck." Putting her head down she started to run circles on the band-aid I put on her leg.

Grabbing her from the hand, I pulled her to her feet while I called out to Billy. "Come on Billy let's go for that walk we had planned until we got disturbed." Lisa slapped me on the arm while squinting her eyes.

We walked along the path of River Ley. As I haven't had the chance to socialise much with people my group age, mainly female I couldn't think of a subject to start a conversation. That is one lesson they don't teach you in prison, what to say when you are with the opposite gender.

"Do you visit your uncle every summer?" Wow, fifteen minutes of walking and that is the best I can come up with in a conversation, I thought.

"Did it take you all that time to get that conversation together?" She replied.

"This was all a bad idea. I think you have better things to do on a Sunday morning than hanging around with me," I said

Stepping in front of me, facing me, she takes both of my hands in hers, she said. "I am enjoying our walk." Doing a quick scan of the area, she points to a barge converted into a cafe. "Let's get something to drink?"

They were making fresh crepes, so we ordered one each with ham and cheese in them. Also ordered one for Billy with his favourite filling, Nutella. Sitting on a picnic table bench, we enjoyed our crepes, Billy finishing his before we finished ours. Seeing him sit there with those puppy eyes, I had to go and get him another one.

We spent the whole day by River Ley, just walking along the river path chatting. It was late afternoon when we got back. It was the first time I had seen Billy walking next to me. After he had the two Nutella Crepes, he became quite hyperactive, running up and down the river path chasing the ducks, by the time we got home he went straight to the fireplace, falling asleep instantly.

I gave Lisa a tour of the Inn, when we finished, we made some coffee, sitting at the bar with our beverages. I asked her the same question from earlier. "Do you visit your uncle every summer?"

It took her a while to answer back. "I haven't visited my uncle since I was a little girl. Before my cousin got killed in Hong Kong, I would come to visit every summer, but after the tragedy and aunty leaving uncle, he just drifted away. He closed himself up from the family. A few days ago he came to visit us. It was like he was born again, joking, laughing, it was the uncle I knew ten years ago."

Taking a deep breath before she continued. "When I was at University I met Trevor in my second year. We started dating, rented a flat together. I was in heaven, doing well in my lessons, found my true love, even begun to make plans to get married." That's when I looked into her eyes. They were moist ready to flood her cheeks with tears. Wiping her eyes, she carried on. "One month before we finished university he wanted to break it off, he moved out to stay with friends for a week, before graduation." She put her hands over her face, rushing to the bathroom.

On returning, I went up to her rubbing her shoulder, I said. "Trevor is one dumb ass to let someone like you go." She put her head on my chest, stayed there like she was trying to hear my heart beat. Confused I stood there with my arms open wondering if I should hug her not knowing her reaction. Eventually, I did hug her until the main door opened and Patsy walked in calling out. "Billy."

Releasing each other, we just stood opposite each other looking towards the entrance. Patsy strolled inside looked at me than Lisa, she said. "Is everything ok, your eyes seem to be red Lisa?"

"I am ok Patsy, I was just leaving." She quickly turned, making her way out to her car. Rushing behind her, catching up to her as she got into the car.

Taking her hand, I leant to her ear, I wanted to kiss her on the cheek, but instead, I said. "I will come around your uncle's tomorrow morning. We can speak then."

"Lean closer I want to tell you something." Bending closer to her, she whispered in my ear. "Thank you very much for today. I enjoyed it very much." Then taking me by surprise, she kissed me on the cheek.

When I was clear of the car, she put it in gear, driving away as I watched the red rear lights disappear into the night.