Restored

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 6

Monday I was up at the crack of dawn, once I was ready I made my way downstairs to the inn, making myself a cup of coffee. A few minutes later, Patsy walked in carrying a couple of bags, surprised to see me, she said. "You're up early today, and that smell is that cologne I smell on you?"

To change the subject, I went over to take the bags from her. "Let me help you put the shopping away Patsy."

Pulling them back as she held them tight, she said. "Don't change the subject with me, young man. I saw what was going on last night."

"Nothing happened last night!"

"Yes exactly, if I delayed a few more minutes something would have happened."

"Oh, I just fixed her car for her."

"You repaired her car alright, by the way, what did you two do to Billy? I could not wake him up for the love of god last night, so I just left him here last night."

"We took him for a walk at River Ley." Taking my backpack, I threw it over my shoulder as I made my way out. "I'll be back at midday to start my shift."

"Steve!"

"Yes, boss."

"Just be careful, don't get too attached to this young lady, she will be gone after the summer. Ryan is different from the rest of his family. He has been through a lot. He was a ruthless lawyer before his son died. But the Tate family hasn't changed, they are hard as stone towards outsiders, especially if you don't have a degree under your belt."

"Thank you for your advice, Patsy. I will be vigilant."

When I got to Ryans, I went straight to the garage to start on the Vantage. Lifting the hood, I stood back rubbing my chin while trying to figure out where to start. Feeling someone's presence behind me, I turned to see who it was.

"Good morning Steve, it's not the same as the MG is it?" It was Ryan.

Taking off my jacket I threw it on the work bench, I then started to roll up my sleeve's. "No sir this is no MG, but with your permission, I will give it my best." Getting a spanner, I started to unbolt the terminals on the battery.

Walking over to the car, Ryan leant towards the engine bay to see what I was doing. "That is what I like to hear from you. I better make myself useful and brew some coffee."

"No need to, the coffee is ready." It was Lisa's voice.

Turning we saw, Lisa coming towards us with a tray, on it three mugs. After a quick break to have our coffee, I went back to work on the car, Ryan and Lisa disappeared back into the house. A few minutes later Lisa appeared, wearing a mechanics overall with her long blonde hair tied up. Went over to the tool box, took a spanner while looking at the engine.

"Where do I start?" She said.

"Ryan, what was our budget for this project? I think it's going to double by the looks of it."

Squinting her eyes, she lightly pushed my shoulder.

I worked on the Aston Martin every day, Lisa next to me from the moment I was at Ryan's house till the time I left. Even when Ryan came to the Inn with his friends, Lisa would come with him, sitting at the bar till they left. All the time I would tell her. "Go around Hertfordshire. There is a lot of history to learn about the area." When she wasn't with me, she would read or help her uncle around the house.

On Sundays, we would always do something together. She would insist that we go with my bike, but I refused to take the bike out. Saying the bike has some mechanical problem, to carry two passengers. The real reason was, I was scared to ride the bike with a passenger, especially Lisa. I already lost someone close to me in an accident which was my fault. I wanted so much to tell her the reason, but I was scared I would lose her if she knew about my past.

It was on a warm Sunday afternoon in late August, Lisa and I decided not to go anywhere far this weekend. Making some sandwiches, we decided to have a picnic at River Ley. We enjoyed the day together, having a picnic which we both enjoyed very much, ending up eating more than we should have.

By late afternoon we were lying on our backs, surrounded by grass, watching the clouds moving above us. Gliding the palm of my hand over the grass, I touched Lisa's fingers with the tip of my fingers. Stopping at that point, I took her hand in mine and held it, just lying there watching the line of smoke from a plane evaporating slowly.

"The summer is nearly over it will be time to go." She said bringing me back to earth.

"What are your plans?" I said.

"Go back home, start work at my father's firm in October. He is a well-established architect in London. I will eventually take over the company." She said it with great enthusiasm.

Remembering what Patsy told me a few weeks ago. I said, "Will I ever see you again?" While turning my head slightly away from her, so she wouldn't see my eyes moist up.

"You can always get a job in London when you finish my uncle's car. With the skills and knowledge you have on cars, they would have to be fools not to employee you." She said as she jumped on top of me, putting her head down on my chest. "Your heart is beating fast."

When she lifted her head back up, I reached taking her in my arms, kissing her passionately on the lips, staying like that for a while. When I eventually let her go, she looked at me for a second before she spoke. "WOW, you should have warned me first."

"Sorry I should have.......!" Not letting me finish my sentence she attacked my lips with hers, this time with more passion.

It was almost dark when we got back to the Inn, both of us famished, I quickly fried up something for us to eat. When we finished our meal, we made our way to the couch with our coffees. Carrying on where we left in River Ley. Showing each other how we felt about one another. Around midnight we decided to take our party upstairs, that is when we got to the next level. That is when we became one. I had found the woman I wanted to share my love with for the rest of my life. But I had to find a way to tell her about my past.

The weeks that followed were a dream come true. My love for Lisa grew stronger each day, but at the same time, my nightmare was my past. Every day I would wake up with one thought in my mind. When I eventually tell her about my past, what her reaction would be. There was not one day we wouldn't spend together. She would help me with restoring the Vantage. When at the Inn she would be at the bar waiting for me till closing time. Some nights she would stay with me, others she would go to her uncle's house.

As time was getting nearer for her to go back home, I worried more on telling her about myself. All the fear and frustration started to show in my mood. I was miserable around the people that showed me love and trust. I began to get depressed. I needed to do something soon before Lisa went for good.

One morning, as I was making my way out of the Inn, to go around Ryans to do some work on the Vantage, Patsy called me back.

"Steve can you come here please."

"Yes, boss."

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You have become one miserable bum, even the customers are complaining about you. Look I don't want to see your face around here for a couple of days. When you come back, I want to see the Steve I met back in November!"

"But I have to work on the car. Also, you need me here. I need to tell Lisa I will be away for a few days."

"Steve just go, get the fuck out of here, I'll explain to Lisa!" She shouted, almost pushing me out of the inn.

Packing a few things I got on my bike. Within a few minutes, I was on the A1, trying my best not to go over the speed limit. I rode to my mothers, parking the bike outside the house, I just sat there watching the building. Pulling my smartphone out of my pocket I dialled my brother's mobile number, he answered on the third ring.

"Hey, little brother how are you?"

"Hey, Steve where are you, is everything ok?" When he said my name, I could hear the commotion in the background. I could hear mums voice, that is when my eyes started to tear up. "Hey, Steve just a minute." He put me on hold for a while then spoke. "We're giving mum a surprise Birthday Party on 28th September. Please try to make it. It will be here at the house."

"I'll try my best Chris."

"Steve we all miss you."

I was quiet for a while before I answered. "Chris I love all three of you. Tell mum I am ok and I promise you will all see me soon." I ended the call putting the mobile back in my pocket.

Starting the Yamaha, I kicked it in first gear. I shoot off leaving a proportion of the back tyre on the tarmac. My destination was a two-hour ride to Birmingham. Stopping at a café in Enfield Town, one I use to go to before I went to prison. Entering the restaurant, I sat at a table near the window.

A young lady approached me to take my order. "What would you like to order sir?"

"Could you make me a ham and cheese omelette with a portion of chips, please."

They offered me some tea or coffee, as they were busy and it would be about fifteen minutes before the meal was ready. When the food did eventually come, I was just about to start eating when a group of men walked into the restaurant. As they walked by, one of them looked at me then shouted out. "Hey, guys look who's out of jail!" Another one quickly turned screaming. "My cousin is dead because of you bastard!" Quickly getting up I went up to the counter, giving the cashier a twenty-pound note.

That is when I saw the proprietor of the establishment Peter which I'd known for years. "Peter I am sorry for any trouble I have caused."

Rushing out of the restaurant, I got on my bike, pressing the start button the Yahama's engine roared. I just wanted to get away from this area, as far away as possible. Turning the bike around to go the other direction, I heard someone shouting.

"Steve wait a minute there is something you need to know!"

I just twisted the throttle all the way, making the bike swirl from left to right before it straightened up.

Once I got on the M25, then the M6 I had the throttle twisted all the way. The bike was rumbling on the motorway, killing any silence. Getting near the end of my journey, a couple of miles before coming off the M6 onto the A38, I notice in my side mirrors flashing blue lights coming behind me fast. That is when that magic word came into my mind when you get caught doing something wrong. "Busted." Bringing my speed down to 40 mph. I looked to my right. The police car came next to me, with the police officer in the passenger seat directing me to pull over.

Sitting on the bike while I took off my helmet, putting it on top of the bike's petrol tank, the two officers started walking towards me all proud of themselves. The one who was driving had a pair of leather gloves on, opening and closing his fist like he was trying to get the leather to soften up around his fingers.

"You seem to be in a big hurry, Road Runner. You thought you were going to get away from us, didn't you?" Leather gloves said.

"No officer as soon as I saw the lights I slowed down." The other officer just stood there. He was not more than 21 years old, probably still learning the ropes.

"Do you think I'm stupid, I've been on the force long enough to know how you bikers think. If there were an exit, you would have tried to do a runner. I want your driving license now biker?"

Retrieving my license from my wallet, I handed it over to him.

Giving my license a quick scan on the front and back, he said. "You seem a long way from home Stevieeee, what is your business in Birmingham?"

"Here to see a friend." I calmly said.

"It's almost two in the morning, a little late to visit friends. Now, where would your friend be staying?"

Leather Gloves was starting to irritate me. I was tired, hungry and wanted to put my head down to get a bit of shut-eye. I think it was time for me to serve the ball. "I am going to see a friend in HM Prison Birmingham. His name is Barry." On mentioning Barry's name, Leather Gloves head snapped up. I am sure I heard a crackling sound when he made the sudden movement.

With fear in his face he asked. "You mean Barry the life timer?"

"Yes, that's the one. Barry's a good friend of mine," I said while tapping my fingers on my helmet.

Within a half-hour, I was snuggled in bed at The Royal Angus Hotel. I got an escort to the hotel by my new friend Leather Gloves, also got a complimentary room for the night with breakfast. I don't know if he paid for it or if the Night Manager was a friend. Whatever way it didn't cost me a penny.

The following day, after breakfast I made my way to HM Prison, I saw a few faces that I recognised at the main office entrance, they explained to me that you had to book a visit at least one week before visiting. But since it was Barry I wanted to see, they will try their best to arrange it for today.

From ten in the morning, I was in the waiting room sitting and waiting for almost four hours. Just after two, A guard came to escort me to the prisoners visiting room. On entering the visitor's area, Barry was standing next to one of the tables. Approaching him, I opened my arms out to embrace him in a hug.

Lifting his hand up to stop me he said. "Take a seat, Steve. Did I not tell you to forget about me?"

I explained to him everything, Lemsford, Patsy, Ryan and Lisa, for one hour he sat there, listening to every word I said to him. When I finished, I looked at him waiting for an answer.

"Tell her everything, Steve."

"I'm scared she will reject me."

"If she rejects you, let it be. As long as you are honest, that is what counts. Be truthful with her that way she will respect you more for been frank with her." Getting up he started to walk with the guard towards the prison cells, Halfway he stopped, and turned around, he said. "Take care of Billy; he is very fond of you."

"But I didn't tell you about Billy!" I shouted.

Giving me a quick wink he turned and carried on walking, disappearing past the iron door separating the good and the bad supposedly.

Chapter 7

The ride back to Lemsford took three hours, due to an accident on the M25, it was 8 pm when I got back to the village. Before going home, I rode straight to Ryans house to see Lisa so I can speak to her. As it was late, I knocked on the front door instead of going around the back.

When the door opened, I was surprised to see Ryan. I was expected to see Lisa. "Good evening Ryan, I've come to see Lisa if that's ok, I would like to speak to her?"

"She's gone home I thought you two spoke?"

"No, she didn't tell me anything. Did she say when she'll be back?"

"She'll be back by Friday she said."

"Thank you, Ryan, I'll see you tomorrow morning. Good night."

I walked to my bike at the same time I pulled out my mobile, dialling Lisa's number. It went straight to voicemail. I didn't think much of it. I'll try again in five minutes when I get to the Inn. As soon as I stopped the bike, I called again, going to voicemail. This time I left a message. "Hi Lisa, it's Steve can you call me."

Walking into the Inn, for a Wednesday evening, it was very busy. Grabbing a tray from the bar, I went straight to work, collecting empty glasses from the tables. It was busy until 11:30 pm, our last customer left just after midnight.

"WOW that was one busy evening, when I saw you walk through that door, I was relieved. I have not had anything to eat since midday, what about you, have you eaten?

"I am famished."

Going in the kitchen, I got some ready cooked food from the fridge, wrapping it up in cling film, putting it in the microwave, within ten minutes I had a table set up for two. "Come on Patsy let's tuck in."

"I do not know what I will do without you, Steve."

When we finished, I quickly cleaned everything up. I made myself a cup of coffee while Patsy poured herself a double Jack Daniels, we just sat there enjoying our drinks as we relaxed.

"Did you go to see Lisa yet?"

"She had to go home for a couple of days. She had some business to deal with." I didn't want to tell her I tried to call her but she wouldn't reply.

Finishing off my coffee, I said good night to Patsy, making my way upstairs. Preparing myself to go to bed I checked my mobile for any missed calls or messages. Seen no response from her, I wrote her a text. "Can you call me as soon as possible please Lisa?"

In the morning when I got up, the first thing I did was check my mobile for any messages, nothing. It was only 8 am it could be she may still be asleep. By 9 am I was in the garage, working on the Vantage. When Ryan noticed my presence, he appeared with two cups of coffee.

"Steve some parts you ordered for the car came yesterday." Pointing his hand to some boxes piled in the corner.

Kneeling down with a Stanley Knife I opened each box, inspecting the part, making sure they were the correct model numbers. Once I had confirmed this, I said to Ryan. "With these parts, the car should be ready by the end of next week."

"That's good Steve. I want to ask you something son, but don't misunderstand me. Did you and Lisa have an argument?"

"No sir, I had to go somewhere for a day, when I came back yesterday she wasn't here. I've been calling her, but it's been going to voicemail. She doesn't even respond to my messages."

"Give her some time. She has a lot of things on her mind. When she's ready, she'll call. I'll let you work on the car I have some calls to make."

Looking at him walk back into the house, I just knew something was wrong. Lisa wouldn't just get up and leave without saying anything.

I worked on the car without a break, giving it my full attention. Each part on this car had to be precise to the millimetre when putting it together. The V8 engine on this car was no way near the Rover I worked on in prison. Everything was near enough double the size. By 3 pm before I left Ryan came to see me carrying an overnight bag.

With a series look on his face, he said. "I have to go away for the weekend Steve. I will be back on Monday. You have keys to the house if you want to stay some nights be my guest." He came over embraced me in a hug, he said. "I'll see you on Monday."

Finishing what I was doing, I locked up the house and went to my other duties. Work at the Inn was quiet that evening. We closed at 11 pm, preparing everything for the next day by 11:30 pm. I explained to Patsy what was going on with Lisa, all she could do was shake her head. She went to say something to me, that is when I put my hand up to stop her.

"I know what you're going to say to me, that you warned me about getting mixed up with Lisa, that I wasn't in her league. Well, I always seem to learn the hard way by not listening to people's advice. Taking a bottle of Absolute Vodka from the bar, I poured half a glass of Vodka. As I was about to drink the spirit, Patsy spoke.

"Steve you will not gain anything going down that path. Believe me, I know. Wait a few day's when Ryan gets back, maybe he will have some answers for you."

Looking at the glass of Vodka then at Patsy I said. "What if the answers he has is negative?"

"Then we'll figure things out together. You have me, Ryan and your family backing you up, yes your family Steve. You may have had your ups and downs with them, but at the end of the day, family is family."

"I spoke to my brother a couple of days ago. It's my mums birthday at the end of September. They're going to arrange a surprise birthday party for her. He wants me to go." Feeling my tears run down my cheek I went to turn so Patsy wouldn't see me like that. She just walked up to me, with the back of her thumbs she wiped the tear away.

"I don't know what to buy her, what kind of things she likes?"

Putting her palms on my cheeks, she gave my head a light shake, she said. "The best gift you can give her is to be there."

Embracing her in a tight hug, I said to her. "Thank you for listening and been such a good friend," When I released her she looked at me, squinting her eyes she said.