Restored

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lisa asked him. "Hasn't there been anyone else in your life since Aunty left?"

The answer he gave her was. "I guess I haven't stopped loving your Aunt even though she betrayed me." He sat there for a while in silence. Suddenly he got up, saying. "Good Night." Then made his way upstairs, we just sat there looking at each other, not knowing what to say.

We stayed up that night till the early hours of the morning, just lying there in bed talking. It seemed we weren't the only once awake. We could hear the TV in the room next door. We could hear Ryan's voice. "Look at the camera James, that's it, son, get closer Joanna." He was watching home made videos. By the sound of it, he was looking at the same scenes over and over.

Ryan got up early on Friday morning to go and play golf with Bob. Lisa explained, once a month they book rooms at Hanbury Manor Hotel for a couple of days, using the golf course and spa facilities of the hotel.

By midday, on Friday I was at the Inn helping Patsy get ready for the weekend. Barbara was there as well, trying to help as much as she could. The weekend was busy, with an even flow of work. By midnight on Saturday, we were sitting at the bar Lisa, Patsy, Barbara and me with our beverages. "Cheers," Patsy said, lifting her glass in the air, the rest of us following. "I've got a great team here. I want to thank you as well, Lisa, for helping out."

As soon as we went to bed that night, Within minutes Lisa was fast asleep. I couldn't say the same for myself, lying there staring at the ceiling I couldn't get it out of my mind that I will be seeing my family in a few hours. It has nearly been a year since I saw my mum and sister. Running different scenarios in the back of my mind, how they will react when they see me.

On Sunday morning, I was up before Lisa, even though she went to sleep before me. I went downstairs to prepare some breakfast for us before she got up. Standing over the cooker in one hand a fork turning the sausages, in the other a cup of coffee, suddenly I felt someone behind me embrace me in a hug, it was Lisa.

"Mmmm that smells good. I could get used to this, waking up to find breakfast ready." Squeezing me in a tighter embrace, while nibbling at my ear.

"If you don't stop we'll end up doing something else and having cold sausages and eggs," I said while leaning back to kiss her.

Cut a long story short. We ended up reheating our breakfast in the microwave. Not knowing how many days we would be gone, we prepared our overnight bags to take with us. By midday, we were ready to go. Everything ready in the car, I dialled Ryan's mobile number to see if he was at home, so we could go to see him before we set off. There was no answer, three times that I tried it went straight to voicemail.

"He's probably on the golf course, that is why he can't answer his mobile," Lisa said.

Both of us sitting in the MG ready to go, as I was ready to start the engine, I heard a familiar sound behind us, it was the Aston Martin's engine. Getting out of the car I approached Ryan embracing him when I reached him.

"I was trying to call you Ryan, we wanted to say goodbye before we left."

"I was with Bob playing golf. I need to ask a favour from you, Lisa?"

"Anything for you uncle?"

"I will need the MG for a couple of days."

Taking a deep breath, I said to him. "Ryan you know I don't like taking the bike on long journeys with a passenger on it." Shaking my head from left to right, I started making my way to get the Yamaha.

"Who said you're going with the Yamaha." Turning towards him, he threw the car keys in the air towards me, as I caught them. "That is your set of keys for the Vantage." Opening the palm of my hand, sitting there was a newly cut key to the Aston Martin with the genuine leather key ring.

"But."

"Get out of here before I decide to come with."

Grabbing our bags from the MG, we threw them in the back seat of the Vantage. Lisa embraced her uncle in a hug, kissing him on the cheek. With a firm handshake, he said to me. "You look after my niece."

Getting into the Aston Martin, I adjusted my seat to how I drive. Starting the engine, I put it in gear, releasing the clutch I could hear the gravel as the tyres began to turn. As the car moved, Lisa waved goodbye to her uncle as she shouted. "I love you, Uncle!"

As we came out of the village, onto the A1 towards Hatfield, I looked up at the sky. It was blue, taking a glimpse at the temperature gauge for outside it showed 25oC. It was a lovely day so far, let's hope it stay's like this.

Chapter 10

Turning on the radio, I tuned it to my favourite station, one of my all time favourites was playing by The Doors, pushing the volume up, I said to Lisa.

"Is that ok Angel?"

"Perfect only one problem, where is the storm?"

Just after The University of Hertfordshire towards the M25, I was cruising at around 40mph on the dual carriageway. Suddenly next to me appeared a BMW M5, the driver started cruising next to me. Slowly stepping on the accelerator, I went to 60mph, changing the gear to fifth when I had some distance. Checking the side view mirror, I saw the BMW coming up next to me fast, as he passed me, I Threw the Vantage into fourth gear, I then floored the accelerator. The needle to the revs gauge reaching near the red mark as the engine roared like a lion. The Aston Martin went from 60 to 100mph in seconds, as I watched the BMW in my rear view mirror disappear behind me. Just before the M25, I slowed back down to 50mph as the Bimmer flew past me.

"Know that you have that out of your system can we drive safely for the rest of the journey?" Lisa said.

"Did you see that he didn't have a chance?" Contented with my achievement.

Looking over, Lisa was sitting there with her arms crossed across her chest, she said. "Boys will be boys."

The rest of the journey I drove at a steady speed, both of us enjoying the trip into London. The surprise party for mum was at 4 pm. It was early to go to the party, as I didn't want to spoil the surprise. I drove to Alexandra Palace. We sat at one of the picnic tables enjoying our beverage. Without a single cloud in the sky, you could see London as far as the eye can see.

"You haven't said a single word since we got into London. Like now, you're sitting there staring out into space." Lisa said as she stroked my hand.

Looking into her eyes, I spoke. "I'm scared they might reject me."

Looking at her watch, she said. "Hey everything will be ok, you'll see, come on let's go it's almost four." Taking the cup from me, she put it on the table. Holding my hand, we walked back to the car. Getting in the car, I started the short journey to my mum's house, stopping at a local florist to get some flowers.

Parking the car across the street from the house, we both started walking towards the entrance. Standing there, staring at the front door, holding Lisa by the hand tight, trying to compose myself, what to say when the door opens. Reaching out to press the doorbell struggling while holding the flowers in the same hand, I jumped back when the door suddenly opened. A lady rushes out of the house, running down the path. A second woman appears from inside which I recognise straight away.

She shouts to the one running. "Don't forget the.....!" She noticed me standing there. It was my sister Jane. She just stood there staring at me, not knowing how to react.

"Hi, Jane."

She ran at me, embracing me while squeezing me tight in her arms. "I am so sorry for what I said that night, please forgive me, Steve. Putting her head on my shoulder, she started crying.

Stroking the back of her head while I held her tight, whispering in her ear. "Hey, everything is ok now." Wiping the tears from her eyes with my thumb. "We can't have mum seen you like this on her birthday."

Smiling at me she took my hand, pulling me into the house, dragging me through a crowded living room into the kitchen, Lisa following behind. Reaching her destination, she shouted. "Mum!"

Mum had her back to us. Hearing Jane's voice, she turned quickly to face us. I was standing not more than a meter from her, face to face. Opening her arms, she looked up at the ceiling as she said. "Thank you, Lord, for answering my prayers." Stepping forward, she embraced me as she cried tears of happiness.

The next few hours we celebrated mums birthday, the family came to wish her a happy birthday, everyone was delighted to see me back. My brother and sister were interrogating Lisa to see if she was good enough for me. Mum loved her straight away, thanking Lisa for standing by me. Everything was perfect until an unexpected visitor came to the party. It was Peter, the owner of the café I was in the evening before I visited Barry.

"We need to talk in private Steve." Leading him outside to the garden, sliding close the patio door behind him.

Seen the series look on his face, I was sure it was something to do with that evening in his café. "Peter I am sorry about what happened at your restaurant that night. I promise I won't come again."

"Steve I couldn't care less what those bums said that night, as far as I know, you were ok. You did whatever any reasonable person would have done, just walked away. It's regards something else I need to talk to you about." What Peter said to me next shocked me so much, I was shaking from anger. Picking up one of the garden chairs I smashed it against the wall, as it disintegrated in my hand. Opening the patio door, Chris appeared. "What's happened Steve is everything ok?

"I need to go, Chris."

"What's happened, Steve, don't you run away again?"

"I have to go and find him now!" I shouted as I pushed Chris out of the way, rushing out of the house towards the car. Getting into the driver's seat, I held the steering wheel so tight my knuckles went white. Looking ahead of me, standing in front of the car was Lisa.

With her hands on the bonnet, she shouted. "What's going on Steve?" Looking to my right, Jane and Chris just stood there waiting to see what will happen next.

"This is my problem Lisa, not yours or anyone else's! So can you move out of the way!" I shouted. Starting the engine, I revved it a couple of times, hoping it would make her move out of the way.

Shaking her head from left to right, she replied. "No Steve, your problems are my problems as well." Pointing over to Chris and Jane, she also said. "They have a saying to this as well."

Not to delay anymore I shouted. "Get in the car!" As Chris and Jane climbed into the back seat, Lisa got on the passenger side. I put my foot down on the accelerator, rushing to get to my destination as soon as possible. It didn't take Chris long to see where I was heading. Once I parked the car outside the house, he confirmed it to the others.

"Jesus Christ this is Cody's house, this isn't going to end well," Chris said.

"Is that the guy......!"

Before Lisa could finish her sentence, I finished it for her. "Yes, that's the guy I was in the accident with a few years back." Climbing out of the car, I started walking towards the house. The others following me like pilot fish following a shark. I wanted to tell them to wait in the car, but that would have triggered another argument with Lisa.

Without any delay, I started ringing the bell, leaving my finger on it longer than you normally would. "Ok I'm coming, I heard you." It was a male voice. It sounded like Cody. When the door opened, it wasn't Cody. It was his father.

"What the hell are you doing here, you've got some balls showing your face on my doorstep." Was his reaction as soon as he saw me.

He stepped forward, expected me to back up, but I did the opposite, coming to the point why I was there. "I want to speak to Cody?"

"Cody doesn't live here anymore. What do you want with my son? Did you just get out of jail, what you're looking to buy some drugs?"

Clutching his shirt with one hand, I pulled my arm back, ready to slam my fist into him. That is when I felt someone pull my arm back. Standing there was Sarah, Cody's sister. It seemed life hadn't been too good to her. She was half the weight of the person I knew six years ago. She had dark shadows under her eyes. Seen her like that, I released her father at once.

"Go inside dad. I've got this" Without saying anything her father just walked back into the house.

Once her father was out of view, I looked at her for a while before I spoke. "Sarah I need an honest answer from you. The night of the accident what happened after we left Mcdonald's?

"You know what happened Steve. We got into that terrible accident, where that boy lost his life."

Putting my hands on her shoulder's I gave her a little shake, scared to put any pressure as she looked so brittle. "Who was driving, when the accident happened Sarah?"

"You were driving, can't you remember?"

Shaking her a little harder, at the same time squeezing her arms harder, I repeated myself with the tone of my voice higher. "Who was driving the car, Sarah?"

She looked at me, her eyes then focused on the others behind me. Shaking her slightly, she turned her vision back to me staring at me straight in the eyes. Looking at her, I waited for the answer I wanted to hear.

Turning her head to look away she answered. "Cody was driving the car that night. He was the one that crashed the car, killing that boy. You were too wasted to walk not alone drive."

"Why say I was driving? Sending me to prison for so many years, locking me up? Why Sarah? Why? I said as I released her from my grip.

I am sorry Steve, he threatened me. He said if I said anything he would hurt me bad, make my life a misery. Forget about him Steve he's a bad man, an evil man."

"Where is he?"

"He race's with other drivers for money now."

Where?

"Please forget about him and carry on with your life."

Where can I find him, Sarah? I shouted.

"On Sunday they race at Lieutenant Ellis Way, near Cheshunt in Broxbourne."

"That's the road after the big roundabout for the M25, near Broxbourne FC!" Chris shouted from behind. Lisa and Jane turn to him, giving him a dirty look.

"What did I do?" Chris said.

"It's not what you did. It's what you said stupid." Jane said.

Driving to Broxbourne, all four of us were silent. You could sense the tension in the car. Focused on the drive, calmed me down a bit, I was still angry with Cody, but at the end of the day, he did save my life by pulling me out of the burning vehicle. Lisa just stared out of the windshield, probably thinking what I will do next. Chris and Jane must have been thinking the same as Lisa as they were quiet as well.

It was starting to get dark when we reached our destination. Driving down Lieutenant Ellis Way, I could see in the distance a brightly lit area. The lights were coming from Broxbourne FC's car park. Slowly driving into the car park, it felt like entering a car racing movie scene. With the parking full of cars modified with aftermarket body kits.

Gathered next to a small structure, which seemed like the football grounds changing rooms, I noticed a group of young men standing around two vehicles. Letting the Vantage roll slowly towards the crowd, trying not to rev the engine too much, not to attract anyone's attention.

Chris is leaning forward, between the front seats, thinking he would get a closer look at what the group of men were doing. He said. "Why are they all gathered there for?"

Jane is sitting on my side of the car, leaning towards the driver's window, she was so close I could feel her breathing on my neck. With no hesitation, she answers Chris's question.

"They are Boy Racers dribbling around a car!"

With my window open, my sister saying it loud enough, it got everyone's attention. There goes the element of surprise. "I knew I should have come alone," I said

As the group of Boy Racers started to approach the vantage with looks of daggers, I just froze thinking what's going to happen next. That is when I saw him standing next to a muscle car. It was a Ford Mustang GT With a 5.0L, V8 engine, the knowledge I had about this car was, with the right modifications you could get over 500 BHP from this beast. Sarah was right her brother was into illegal racing big time.

Climbing out of the car with a crowbar in my hand, I started walking towards the crowd at the same time shouting.

"Cody!"

Everyone stopped, turning towards Cody, waiting for his reaction. For a moment I started to believe it was a statue of him. For almost a minute he did not twitch a muscle.

"Cody, we need to talk about the night of the accident?"

His worshippers looked at me. Once I finished everyone turned their heads to look at him, waiting for him to give me an answer.

"We don't talk here we race." It wasn't the answer I was waiting to hear. To others, it was the right answer, as the crowd erupted in cheers.

"Let's do it!" I shouted without thinking.

Getting into the car, I didn't even turn to look at Lisa. She opened the door, stepped out followed by Chris and Jane. Before closing the door, she said.

"If you go ahead with this, you are the same as him." I turned to say something, but she stopped me by speaking first. "Goodbye Steve, don't come looking for me, after this." Closing the door, she walked away.

How did I get myself in this situation, the day started so perfectly, and now I am sitting on Lieutenant Ellis Way, preparing myself to race with someone I considered my best friend six years ago. With both hands on the steering wheel, I looked ahead, next to my car was Cody in the Mustang, every few seconds he would rev the engine, feeling the rumble every time he stepped on the accelerator.

The crowd standing on either side of the road were eager to see the race start. It was a two-mile stretch of road either way to the roundabout and back. From the crowd, a blonde appeared in a short black dress, wearing high heels. Standing with her legs slightly apart she lifted both her hands up, on dropping them, that is when the race starts.

Looking at the blonde, smiling at me, turning to Cody he was holding tight on the steering. His neck stretched out eager to put his foot down on the accelerator. Looking at my rear view mirror, Lisa and my siblings were walking away. "Goodbye, Steve." Those two words kept on replaying in my mind. Looking back at Cody, he was a man possessed, ready to explode. "No way I was the same as this guy." Turning back to the rear view mirror, all three of them were disappearing into the dark. With my hand on the gear stick, I pushed it all the way to the right and up. Releasing the clutch, I slowly reversed till the car was next to Lisa. When I stopped, she stopped as well. Looking at each other for a moment before I spoke.

"Let's go home." She didn't smile, but I saw how happy she was through her eyes.

All three of them got into the car and buckled up. My sister leant forward, kissing me on the cheek. "I'm proud of you little brother," she said.

It didn't take long, another car took my spot, getting ready to race against Cody. Watching the same scene, I was looking at ten minutes ago, from further away, from a different angle. The blonde with her arms up in the air, preparing to start the race. My eyes wandered to the back of Cody's car, stopping on the tarmac behind the Mustang. When Blondie dropped her arms, the two vehicles shot off as the crowd cheered on.

"Something is wrong!" I screamed as I put my foot down on the pedal, flying past the spectators, covering them with a cloud of white smoke from my rear wheels spinning. "When Cody started the race I noticed a trail of liquid on the tarmac. It came from under his car. If it is brake fluid he won't be going around the roundabout, he will be going over it!" I informed the others as I drove the Vantage hard, making it leap forward every time I changed gear. I could see both cars in the distance, as they raced to see who will get to the roundabout first.