Rushing In

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amelia held her hand out and I stepped to her bedside.

"Give me a hug, Saint Peter."

I bent and gently hugged her. She whispered, "Thank you." As I stood, she said, "Did I really pee in front of you?"

"Well, you did pee and I was there, but I assure you I saw nothing. You had to go pretty bad."

"I kept getting these flashes of memory. God, I was so worried that I peed on St. Peter. That would be weird."

We shared a smile.

"Now, the challenge is how to deal with that mass of pariahs in the parking lot," said Coco. "Our publicist is on her way, but they are hungry and the media have to be fed. If we don't give them something, they'll start making up stories."

Although I was clueless about entertainment, a number of my clients had found themselves facing media scrutiny.

"If you wouldn't mind a couple suggestions," I offered.

The three women looked to me.

"I'd suggest you get a doctor, someone familiar with Amelia's condition, and a hospital administrator to hold a short news conference. Find a place near, but not in the hospital. Once you let the media inside, they will start roaming around. I noticed a medical office building as I drove in. Maybe you could use the lobby."

Coco was nodding and taking notes on her tablet with a special stylus.

"They can give a general update on Amelia's condition and prognosis. I would limit responses to generalities. I think you should be able to say, however, that Amelia's injuries will not interfere with her career and that after a recovery period, she will resume regular activity. Presuming, of course, all that is true. I imagine you want to end any speculation that her career is in any jeopardy. I think the best thing to emphasize is her leg injury as the cause of any delayed or cancelled appearances. Again, I am presuming you had a performance schedule. When your publicist arrives, she can work the media one-on-one to be sure the right message gets out."

"Marc, this is just what we need," said Coco. "I should probably pay more attention to the publicity side, but I am focused on the other part of Rush's career. As you were speaking, my mind started kicking into gear. I think we can send a Tweet from Rush saying she is okay and thanking everyone for their thoughts and prayers."

"So, when does the publicist arrive?"

"Tomorrow," said Coco. "She was vacationing in France. We all were taking a break since we have no concerts this summer and Rush just wrapped recording her new studio album. We'll have a tour next summer when we release this new album. Of course, there are still months of post on the album. All this works in our favor since we do not have to cancel any concerts. Rush was going to do some charity appearances, but we can reschedule those."

"Yeah," said Amelia, "Emily and I were just having fun down here. We stayed at some little B&B and were able to avoid the paparazzi." Amelia took a deep breath and tears started rolling down her cheeks.

Her mother sat on the bed and held her. "I know, I know, sweetheart. You can call her mother in a while. They are just arriving in Boston. The latest I heard is Emily is holding her own. She's out of surgery, but still in intensive care."

Coco looked at the mother and daughter, and I could see tears in the corner of her eyes. "I'm going to go find her doctor and the hospital CEO. Will you stay here, Marc?"

"Oh, I don't want to be in the way. I just wanted to make sure she was all right and return the purse."

Coco put her hand on my arm. "Stay. Rush likes having you here, I can tell. I think we all feel better with you around. We can use someone strong to help us right now."

Her perfume was once again doing its thing to my erogenous zones. I nodded agreement. Coco leaned in and kissed my cheek. "Thanks."

She left leaving a wake of olfactory enchantment. Amelia seemed to have calmed down.

"Can I get anything for you two?"

"I would totally love a chocolate frappe," said Amelia.

"Damn the diet and make that a double," added Belinda with a smile.

"Consider it done," I said. Asking at the nurses' station, I was directed to the café on the ground level. I ordered three chocolate frappes.

Returning to the room, I was waved in by the security guard and opened the door to see Belinda rubbing Amelia's back. Her hospital gown was down. I immediately noticed the ugly bruise mark between her breasts. It must be from the shoulder belt. I also noticed her bare breasts.

"Sorry," I muttered as Amelia looked at me.

She grinned and shrugged. "Don't sweat it. They're only boobs—and not big ones at that." They may not be big, but they were attractive with small dark areolas and light pink nipples. Belinda cleared her throat and slowly Amelia slipped her hands over her breasts. Now, I stared at her fingers. They were exceptionally long, slender and, if such a thing is possible, incredibly sexy.

Belinda turned and looked at me holding the drinks. She finished rubbing her daughter's back with some sort of cream. Amelia dropped her hands and her mother lifted the gown back into place. I watched her breasts disappear as Amelia smiled shyly. I wondered if she'd flash the real Saint Peter.

"Again, I apologize. I should have knocked."

"It's okay," Amelia assured me. "Plus, you got to see the famous Virgin's boobs."

"Virgin?"

"Yeah, the only pop female singer with her V Card."

I must have looked completely lost. Belinda came over and took two frappes. "Rush is widely known to be a virgin. I attribute some of that to her Catholic upbringing. The rest is because she is so damned level-headed. She dates, attracts inordinate amount of media attention and then breaks up without sleeping with the boy. So, she's sometimes called the Virgin Queen of Pop."

I nodded. "I guess there are a lot worse names you could be called."

"Yeah, like Cocktease," said Amelia as she took a long sip.

"Really, dear," said her mother.

"It's true," Amelia responded. "Just because I don't want to go to bed with a guy, I get this label. Honestly, I tell every one of them that we won't be having sex. If that's what they want, they can go somewhere else."

"So how's that working out?" I asked and grinned.

"I think that's why I have a lot of ex-boyfriends," she said and laughed. "Of course, I also have lots and lots of material for my songs."

We each sipped our drinks. I decided to ask a question that had been on my mind.

"How come the name, Rush?"

"When I decided on pursuing a music career," said Amelia, "I wanted to be able to create an identity that left some room for the real me. My mom and dad used to play old Tom Rush records. I started listening to them and loved his songs and the way he covered other artists. So I picked 'Rush' for my first name and mom's maiden name. It's worked out well, People do know my real name, but it does give me some privacy."

Coco returned and said everything was arranged. A couple of the national cable outlets were going live so we turned on the television. I offered Coco my drink. She took it and pursed her pink-colored lips around the straw and took a long draw.

She handed it back to me. I looked at the trace of lipstick on the tip of the straw. I'm ashamed to say that a rather phallic thought entered my mind. Coco looked at me and licked her lips clean. I felt like someone was adding lead weights to my scrotum. I pushed the straw into my mouth and imagined my lips pressed against the beautiful, exotic woman two feet away. My bubble burst when Belinda called out that the tease for the news conference was up.

The scene shifted to a young, female reporter standing in front of a podium. She explained that Rush Brecq's physician would be making a statement on the near death accident of the world's top performer and the severe injuries to her close, personal friend, who had been vacationing with Rush. Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to pump the ratings.

"Is that bitch saying Rush is gay?" barked Coco. I added that I would find it hard to see how friends could be anything but personal.

Before anyone could respond, a man in a lab coat and a woman in a business suit took the make-shift stage.

"My name is Dr. Michael Weeks and I am in charge of the team caring for Rush Brecq. I am joined by Ms. Beverly Winston, CEO of the hospital. She and I will be available for a short time after my update."

The doctor was poised and confident. He ran through an easy-to-understand explanation of Amelia's injuries. He stressed that none of them were life-threatening and none of them would interfere with her being able to continue her music career. He estimated that her recovery time would depend on her rehab for the leg injury.

When he finished there was a flurry of questions. He answered them with calm aplomb. He did not speculate on anything and stuck to the facts. My impression was that he left no doubt that Amelia would make a full recovery. He emphasized that Amelia's injuries would not leave any disfigurement. I sensed some disappointment among the media. I guess having a scarred super star makes a better story. He explained that tomorrow they were going to do another CT scan on her leg when the swelling went down. She may need surgery, but it would not be major surgery.

The hospital CEO spoke about the care Amelia was receiving. It sounded mostly like a plug for the hospital, but I didn't think it did Amelia any damage. The two exited, even though lots of stupid questions were hurled their way.

"I think that worked quite nicely," said Coco.

We all agreed.

"Just one hurdle left," said Belinda.

I looked at her.

"Rush really should have a quiet recovery time. If we go to her house in Newport or the farm in Kentucky, we'll be hounded day and night. I wish we could just drop off the face of the earth for a couple weeks."

A thought struck me and I questioned if I should mention it. I looked at Amelia. She seemed like a little girl, not a twenty-two year old superstar. I wanted to help and protect her.

"Well, I have an idea," I said. The three women stared at me.

"It may not be off the face of the earth, but it is off the beaten path. You can stay with me. I have a place in Truro. It's secluded, has a private drive that is gated and offers great hospitality. Well, make that so-so hospitality, if I do the cooking. You each can have a room with a bath and I even have an elevator to get between floors. Once we're there you can relax and no one will ever know."

The women looked back and forth.

"Wow, Marc, that's totally awesome," bubbled Amelia.

"It's quite generous, honestly, Marc," said Belinda, "But we could not impose. And, if the media ever sniffed it out, your life would be turned upside down. Thank you, but we'll work something out."

"Belinda, I want you to come. I can handle it. We'll find a way to sneak Amelia out. No one knows of my involvement. It'll work fine. You can sit on the deck, look at the ocean and let the world go crazy on its own."

"Are you serious, Marc?" asked Coco.

"Absolutely. And, I meant there is room for you, too."

"Ooh, I could work on my tan," she said and grinned.

"Difficult to improve on perfection," I offered.

"Oh yeah," said Amelia, "Better watch out Coco. He might be your match."

Coco brushed away the thought, but I detected a flash of something in her eyes.

"So, if we did allow you to harbor us," continued Coco, "How do you propose getting Rush out of here unseen?"

"I have an idea, but let me work on it. Right now, I'm going to let you rest. I'll come back later tonight. How about some Cape Cod's Best ice cream? I'll bring cups, sauce and whipped cream."

They nodded and smiled.

I decided to go out another exit and made my way to my car unseen. Although, no one knew me, I wondered if my name appeared in the police report. The sheriff was an acquaintance and I called her on my drive home.

She told me the deputy I gave my name to last night had not yet submitted his report. She would keep my name out of it and tell reporters that I wished to remain anonymous. I hoped that would work.

I called a woman who did my housekeeping and asked her to meet me at home. I swore her to secrecy and told her we would be having special guests. I had known her for years and knew she wouldn't even tell her husband what was going on. To my great surprise, since she was several years older than I, she knew all about Rush.

She started in cleaning the guest rooms and making up the beds. As she worked, I searched the web for info on Rush Brecq. I found more than I could ever read in two lifetimes. I couldn't believe I had never heard of her. I did find many fan sites that listed her favorite foods, colors, etc.

Martha met me in the kitchen and we made a list of foods that we would need. I told her to stock up on peanut M&Ms, as they seemed to be Amelia's favorite. She would do the shopping and her sister would come by to drop off some casseroles and other ready-to-eat dishes to get us started. I planned on doing a lot of grilling with fresh fish and meats.

I went downstairs to be sure the wine cellar was well-stocked. Martha made me a three cheese omelet for an early dinner. I gave her some money for the supplies and stopped in Wellfleet to pick up the promised ice cream and accompaniments. I had brought a portable cooler and packed it with the goodies.

On the way back, I called a friend who was legal counsel to the hospital. I asked him to arrange a meeting between me, the CEO and Coco. I explained what I wanted and he agreed to set it up for seven this evening and he would also attend.

I slipped in the side entrance and made my way to Amelia's room. There was a new guard at the door, but he let me in after I showed ID and he verified my name was on the list.

The doctor was finishing examining Amelia. I stood next to Belinda and Coco. He announced that Amelia was doing well. Her concussion was not serious and should cause her no long-term problems. She might have some intermittent headaches for a few days, but nothing permanent. The broken nose would heal without a trace, although she was going to have to put up with the pair of shiners for a while. Overall, the bruises would slowly fade. I recalled seeing the long bruise between her naked breasts. Actually, I mostly recalled her naked breasts.

The doctor said the CT scan would be done early in the morning. He assured us her ankle did not appear broken. It was strained, but probably would not need surgery. She would eventually walk normally and not have any lingering after-effects, such as a limp.

I asked when she could leave.

After the CT Scan and if there were no complications, Amelia could probably leave tomorrow afternoon. She'd be in a boot, but could walk with the use of crutches, but he preferred she remain in a wheelchair for a while. In a few days, she could gradually move to a cane and then just use a boot. He recommended starting physical therapy within a week.

Belinda thanked him and he left.

Belinda and Coco seemed relieved with the news. We broke out the ice cream and enjoyed our sundaes. Soon, Amelia dozed off.

I motioned Belinda and Coco out of the room. There was a small conference room that was not being used and we sat around a tiny round table. I explained my idea and the meeting I'd set up for this evening. Coco agreed to attend. Since it was almost seven, Coco and I went down to the administrative wing and Belinda reentered Amelia's room.

Riding in the elevator, Coco touched my forearm. "Marc, thank you. I think we almost got off on the wrong foot. The pressure from the media and fans can get to us sometimes. I am over-protective, and make no excuses for being so. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't come by last night. And, your offer to harbor us is more than I could ever expect. It makes me want to..."

She broke off and looked away.

"Give me a hug?" I asked.

"Yes, but it sounds so unprofessional."

"So, who's to know?" I turned and opened my arms. Coco let me enfold her. She rested her head on my shoulder and I could feel her take a deep breath.

In a second, she moved away. "Thanks."

"Coco, it doesn't make you weak to admit you're human. I can see you've been carrying a lot of responsibility. A human touch can at least make you feel like you're not alone."

She nodded and smiled. "I have to be strong for Rush and Belinda. I wouldn't want them to think that I can't handle this."

"Coco, you can handle it. I can tell that you are a strong and really competent person. If there is anything I can do, let me know."

I sensed she wanted another hug, but the bell sounded and the door began to slide open. We made our way to the CEO's office. She greeted us personally and escorted us to an executive conference room. My friend, Harvey, was there along with Jack Anderson, head of security. After all the introductions, I laid out my ideas.

We discussed all the various angles and within an hour had agreed upon our course of action. I emphasized the need for confidentiality, especially concerning my involvement. If Amelia, Belinda and Coco were to obtain privacy, they had to keep me out of the public eye.

Standing outside the conference room, I told Coco I was going home. She wanted to check in upstairs and then planned to go to her hotel and immediately fall asleep.

"I'd love to buy you a drink," I said, "But this is neither the time nor place. If we pull this off tomorrow, we can enjoy ourselves while looking at the ocean."

Coco touched my shoulder and said it was a deal. I stepped forward and held her. She squeezed me and then we broke apart.

"Get some rest," I said. "See you in the early afternoon. Let me know how things go with the exam." I had already given her my card with my cell phone number.

She walked off to the elevator and I ducked out a side door. Driving home I kept reliving the sensation of her in my arms. I had never hugged a woman as tall as she or whose scent was incredibly sexy. I tried to remind myself that she was just looking for some human comfort and not sexual healing.

Martha had done a fantastic job of cleaning and preparing my house. I had built this house three years ago after the old beach house that stood there burned to the ground. I hated to lose the odd-shaped relic, but I appreciated the opportunity to design something that met all my needs.

On the outside, it resembled a typical Cape Cod home. There was the requisite cedar shakes on the side and cedar shingles on the roof. Built on top of a hill, the house had a total of three levels with two levels extending down the hill. From the front it looked like a simple house, but really was three times the size you could see. I kept the landscape as natural as possible. A seashell circular drive allowed cars to stop in front, then continue on to the detached four-car garage as well as the expanded parking area.

The first floor contained the kitchen, dining, living spaces and master suite. A long two-tiered deck extended along the entire rear of the house, which faced the Atlantic. Though not on the shoreline, you could see the blue waters and waves breaking about a half mile away. The deck included an outdoor shower with walls on three sides. The shower's open side faced the ocean and, since there were no houses between mine and the shore, afforded complete privacy. Next to the shower was a spa. There was also a large section with chairs and loungers for sunning. On the raised section of the deck I erected a canopy so you could get out of the sun. It was here that I installed a counter, refrigerator and both gas and charcoal grills.

There would be plenty of room for my new guests. The guest bedrooms were on the level below the main. Each of the four rooms had its own bath and small balcony. The rooms were narrow, but deep. It was the only way each room had a view. Thinking ahead, I installed an elevator. Although I just celebrated my fortieth birthday, I planned on keeping this house for the rest of my life. An elevator meant I could still access all floors, even when I was old and drooling.