Sadie's Travels

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For the first time I realized she seemed a little uncomfortable. I watched her stand and start pacing around the room.

"Do you know the name Big Lou Caruso?" She finally asked.

I shook my head no.

She nodded, "okay. Well, he's an important...businessman around here. I work for him."

I nodded, watching as she continued to pace.

"Among other things, I'm a runner for him. Do you know what that means?"

I shook my head no again.

She sighed, sitting on the sofa across from me once more.

"Okay. Well, it means that for part of my job I...pick-up and deliver important packages for Mr. Caruso. And when he can't make it, but she still wants to go out, I escort his...'friend' out on the town."

I was trying to follow her, hoping I was keeping up.

"So that woman is his...girlfriend?"

"Well, more like his mistress, since he has a wife. But yeah."

I nodded. To be honest, this was way beyond anything I understood. But it did bring back something I'd heard before.

"Those men that attacked you. Is that why they said something about 'Big Lou'?"

She nodded, relieved I was making some of the connections on my own.

"Yeah. It was a message for him."

"A message?"

She nodded, "yeah. Uh...there are a lot of people really upset that an Italian does such great...business up here. And they'd like him to relocate, if you get my drift."

I nodded, although I had to admit to myself that I really had no clue what she meant. Why would three men beat her up, calling her those horrible names, so that someone would move their business? And what did any of that have to do with Lin taking his 'mistress' on dates? And what kind of business did this man run that would require Lin to do such a thing anyway? And what kind of 'packages' did she deliver and pick-up? And why did she carry a knife?

But suddenly I realized I didn't care about any of that. I only had one question I really wanted to ask.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked her quietly.

She nodded.

"D-did you," I licked my lips, struggling, "uh...did you ev-ever kiss her the way you k-kissed me?"

I couldn't look at her as I asked the question and I felt the heat rise into my cheeks. I was wondering if she could tell how uncomfortable I was. It seemed like forever before I forced myself to look over at her. She was watching me, a slight smile on her face.

"No Sadie. Never."

That feeling in my stomach, the tightness, eased up a little. I don't think I'd been able to admit how important her answer was to me. I smiled a little. Then I watched as she stood and approached, leaning over me. She touched her lips to mine, gently, sweetly, and my pulse jumped. I leaned back in the chair, granting her better access to my mouth. She deepened the kiss, her lips taking more, her tongue tasting me. I felt the moan in the back of my throat, but didn't realize I'd released it until she chuckled softly against my lips. She straightened up, lifting my chin so my eyes met hers.

"I won't be kissing anyone else for a while, Sadie Brown. That I can promise you."

I smiled a little and she leaned down to kiss my forehead.

"Get some sleep, okay?"

And then she was gone.

***

Mr. Mitchell kept me pretty busy. He had a rather large, last minute order for a wedding. There was a falling out with the original tailor and now we were responsible for the completion of 14 bridesmaids' dresses. I went to work early and stayed late every day and still we had a lot to do. I was hoping Mr. Mitchell would give me Friday off considering how hard we'd been working, but no such luck. So on Thursday night, when Betty asked if I wanted to go to a nearby club, I begged off for a long, hot bath instead. After, I ate a TV dinner as I listened to the radio, planning to turn in early. I sighed with annoyance when someone knocked on the door, thinking it was Betty again. I was hoping she was not intending to harass me about going out because I was really too tired.

But it wasn't Betty standing on the other side of the door. I didn't recognize the tall, white, muscular man with washed out green eyes. He was dressed in a dark brown suit that fit him rather poorly and I found myself wondering why he opted to buy off the rack instead of visiting a tailor. He probably wouldn't pay much more for a tailored suit. The irrational thought was probably an attempt to mask my surprise that a white man was knocking on my door at 9:30 at night.

"Miss Sadie Brown?"

I was even more surprised that he apparently had the right apartment door.

"Yes?"

"I need you to come with me. It's about Lin."

"Lin?"

My pulsed tripped a little at the mention of her name. I was suddenly worried about Lin and hoping everything was okay. I asked the strangely withdrawn man to hold on for a moment while I grabbed a sweater and my purse. I followed him to the elevator, both of us silent as it descended. I tried to swallow down my reservations as he held the rear door of a huge, shiny brown car open for me. I figured it must be important if Lin sent this man to pick me up, so I put my anxiety about riding in a strange man's car aside for the time being.

He didn't say another word to me. He was driving on Broadway and I noticed the street numbers decreasing. The neighborhood began to change and I saw larger buildings, fancier cars parked on the streets, and far fewer people walking around. The people out and about were mostly male...and all white. The car turned on 57th street and headed east. Eventually he came to a stop in front of a restaurant. He turned the car off and opened the door for me. I waited for him to take the lead. Instead of heading for the front door, he walked around the side of the building until we came to what was clearly the employee entrance. He held the door for me and once I entered I waited, again, for him to take the lead. We walked through a very busy kitchen where tons of people were still rushing around preparing food even at this late hour. Again, I noticed everyone was white. A few of the men actually stopped what they were doing to turn and watch me as I followed the tall man. When we entered the main dining area, he led me to a table where one man sat, drinking a clear liquid in a low, squat glass.

I knew, although he was sitting, he was not very tall, probably the same height as Lin. He was, however, quite overweight. His suit jacket, although it was well made, was straining to stay in place on his massive frame. I wondered, for a moment, why he didn't simply unbutton it. His face was very red and ruddy. His hair was black, thick and quite luxurious. He appeared to be sweating a little although it wasn't very warm in the restaurant. He wasn't unattractive, just...unappealing and a little intimidating. I looked around at the other tables, trying to ignore the all white customers who appeared to be sneaking peaks at me. I didn't see Lin anywhere. I noticed my hands were trembling a little.

"Miss Brown?"

I nodded, clearing my throat before answering, "yes, sir."

"Do you know who I am?" He asked in a tone that assumed I knew. He seemed a little surprised when I shook my head no.

"My name is Lou Caruso. Lin works for me."

I knew the name. Lin had just shared the information with me. I nodded.

"Please, sit."

I didn't think it was a request, so I slid into the chair across from him. The tall, white man who had picked me up was standing directly behind me.

"I'll make this short. Do you know where Lin is?"

The question was completely unexpected. He clearly thought Lin and I were a lot closer than we actually were, because I had absolutely no idea where Lin was.

"Lin lives—"

"I know where Lin lives and I promise you he's not at home. Do you know where he is?"

Something told me that even if I knew, which I didn't, I probably wouldn't tell him. He demanded the answer as if he was entitled to know Lin's every move and something about the entire situation just didn't feel right to me. But I didn't have this problem since I really didn't know where Lin was.

"I haven't seen Lin all week. I don't know where he is." I was careful to use the same pronoun he used.

He stared at me intently for a moment, his cool blue eyes more than a little scary. But I held his gaze, not sure what else I was supposed to do in this situation. After a moment he nodded and drank from his glass.

"Lin is late with a package he was supposed to pick up. Lin is never late. So, I need to know if Lin contacts you."

I nodded, glad this entire weird experience was almost over.

"So, you already met Harry. He's going to stay with you just in case Lin calls."

I stared at him, blinking a few times, not sure I understood what he'd just said. I looked behind me at the tall, scary man with the faded green eyes and then returned my gaze to the man sitting across from me.

"St-stay with me?" I asked softly. Surely he couldn't mean this man that I didn't know would stay in my apartment with me? That just...couldn't be.

He nodded and then made a gesture with his hand that seemed to indicate I was dismissed. The man I arrived with, Harry, took hold of my arm firmly and encouraged me to stand. Moments later I was following him through kitchen again, wondering what was going on. Once seated in the back of the brown car, I just stared ahead through the massive windshield as Harry drove us back uptown to Harlem. He found a parking spot and then proceeded to follow me into my building. At my apartment door, he waited patiently for me to unlock it. I did so, not sure what option I had, and then flicked on the lights once we were inside.

I hung up my sweater, pretending things were normal, stalling, before turning to the big, silent white wall of man. I swallowed.

"Uh...do you want something to drink?" I choked out.

He stared at me strangely for a moment and then shook his head no. Not sure what else I was supposed to do, I went to the linen closet and found sheets, a blanket and a pillow. I fixed up the sofa without a word and then turned to him again.

"I'll be in my room if you need anything. Help yourself to anything in the ice box."

He stared at me again for a moment, nodding slightly, and then I left. I was desperate to get away from him. My entire body was shaking. I wasn't sure what I was feeling, but I wasn't happy with the situation. But it's not like I'd had a choice. Mr. Caruso had made it clear that Harry was sticking with me until they found Lin. I wondered how long that would take. I wondered where Lin was. I hoped she was okay. I locked my bedroom door and undressed quickly, getting into bed, but knowing I would not sleep much. To my surprise, I fell asleep almost immediately.

*

It was weird, showering and dressing with a silent, white stranger in my apartment. He didn't say a word to me, even when I set a plate of eggs and toast in front of him at the tiny table in my kitchen. He ate quietly, avoiding my gaze now instead of staring at me like I was a circus freak. Once I was done with the dishes, I headed toward the apartment door. I was tempted to ask him if he planned to follow me around at work too, but there was no need. He was right behind me as I left the apartment. I swallowed, hoping for my hands to stop shaking, not at all sure what I was going to tell Mr. Mitchell.

Mr. Mitchell, as usual, was already there when I arrived a little before 8am. When the front door closed behind me, I stashed my purse behind one of the counters like I did every morning and just waited. Mr. Mitchell was looking over one of the dresses we'd worked on last night and I knew he was going to tell me to re-do something. After a few minutes, he looked up. Having the silent, white giant beside me was almost worth seeing the shocked expression on my boss's face.

"M-Mr. Mitchell, this is, uh, Harry. He w-works for Mr. Caruso. He's going to, uh...uh, be around here for a little while."

I knew of no other way to explain it. I waited for his reaction. After a short pause, he nodded and indicated a chair by my work station.

"Mr. uh....um....Harry. Just have a seat. I need to speak with Sadie in the back for a moment."

Harry hesitated, but sat. I followed Mr. Mitchell into the back room. He didn't pause for even a second before he turned to me.

"Sadie, what's going on? Caruso sent that man for you?"

I nodded and tried to stop the tears welling up from falling. "They're looking for Lin," I squeaked out.

My boss paused for a moment and then nodded. He swallowed nervously, pacing around the small space without speaking. Then he turned to me again.

"You messin' around with Lin?"

I was taken aback by the question. Mr. Mitchell, although I'm sure he cared for me, had never asked me a personal question. He hadn't even said anything when Mrs. Johnson died. So, needless to say, the question took us both by surprise.

"I-I...uh....I...no." I swallowed, thinking about Lin, her lips against mine, the feel of her warmth when she stood close to me..."I mean y-yes...uh..." I dropped down heavily into a nearby chair. "I don't know, Mr. Mitchell."

He didn't say a word and when I looked up I could see he was struggling to decide whether or not he wanted to say anything else to me. I was pretty certain I knew what concerned him. Finally he knelt in front of me and took both my hands in his. If his verbal concern was a surprise, the physical contact was even more shocking.

"Look...um...I need to tell you something about Lin. Lin is cool, you know? But....uh...Lin is not...does not have...I mean Lin—"

I decided to rescue him, "it's okay Mr. Mitchell, I already know."

If I thought that would reassure him, I was wrong. He looked at me strangely for a long moment, making me feel like quite the specimen, before he just nodded.

"Well, let's not keep our guest waiting. Besides, I need you to re-do the hem on two of the dresses..."

And that was the end of our personal chat. I followed him back into the front and basically tried to ignore the white mountain as well as the odd looks my boss kept sending in my direction every now and again. It was a grueling day to say the least.

*

That evening I prepared three TV dinners instead of one, setting two in front of Harry. We ate in silence and then I changed into my pajamas and robe and curled up on the sofa with a book. After a while, I saw Harry doze off, his head leaning all the way back and his mouth open as he snored lightly. I stared at him for a moment, wondering how someone got into this line of work and how he felt about invading someone's privacy on command. But before I could guess the answer the phone rang, startling us both. I stood to answer it, but he was faster, snatching up the receiver. He didn't say a word, just listened for a moment or two and then replaced the receiver. Then, to my surprise, he went to the front door and let himself out...and I was alone in my apartment once again. I stood without moving for a moment and then I sat on the sofa and let the tears have their way. My hands were trembling violently as I let my emotions take over. I had been scared...very scared. I wasn't sure what Lin did, but it was dangerous enough that my safety had been threatened. And she was only running late this time. What if something more serious happened? What if they used me to get to her? I wiped the tears from my cheeks, wondering for the first time what I was getting myself into with Lin. At the moment, I wasn't sure I wanted to get involved with her at all.

I knew she would stop by later on...or at least a part of me was hoping she would. So when someone knocked on the door around 10:30pm, I didn't hesitate to open it. She was leaning against the doorjamb, her dark skin highlighted nicely by a brick red, silk men's shirt which hung very nicely on her slightly bulky frame. She stood up once I opened the door, looking at me with dark eyes that reflected concern.

"Hi. You okay?"

I nodded, but I didn't step back to let her in. There was a part of me that was angry with her...for putting me in such a position, for risking my safety, for mixing me up in her nonsense. But, there was also a part of me that had my pulse dancing happily at just the sight of her, pleased she was safe, relieved she had returned. For a moment I wasn't sure which part of me would win, but then I stepped back to let her in. She stepped past me and settled onto the sofa she'd slept on not too long ago. We sat across from one another for a short while without a saying a word. Finally, she cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry Sadie. I wasn't able to get to a phone. And I had no idea he knew about you."

Not much of an explanation, but it did make me feel a little better. At least she did not feel exposing me to that part of her life was okay. I nodded, still not saying a word. She moved forward, to the edge of her seat, and reached over to take one of my hands in both of hers. My pulse actually leapt at her touch. Suddenly I was unable to focus on anything except the feel of her hands on mine, gently caressing my skin, creating goose pimples wherever she touched. She was saying something, but I didn't hear her. A moment later I realized she had stopped talking and I looked up at her, embarrassed. She smiled a little and then stood.

"It's late—"

"No."

I didn't want her to leave. I was anxious and didn't want to sleep in the apartment alone. She paused, looking down at me.

"No?"

"I—" I licked my lips nervously, standing to face her. "I...I need you to st-stay." I could immediately see that she thought it was a bad idea, so I added very softly, a little desperately..."please."

It seemed to do the trick, because she sighed, but she also sat back down. I knelt in front of her, careful not to touch her considering I knew her primary concern was 'what would happen next' between us. Still, I was relieved she was going to stay.

"Thanks."

She smiled a little, her hand gently stroking my cheek. I watched her struggle with herself for a moment before she leaned in and touched her lips to mine gently. The more time I spent with her, the more I realized I was not the only one feeling overwhelmed. I inhaled deeply, enjoying her scent as well as the feel of her soft, full lips as they caressed mine. She pressed her lips to mine over and over again and I felt it, those sensations that seemed to be missing unless it was this woman, this close, doing something this intimate. I closed my eyes and gave into the feelings as she used her tongue to tenderly paint delicate strokes along my lips, creating sensations that I couldn't seem to process quickly enough. I felt...warm...all over...my skin becoming overly sensitive...there was a tightness in my stomach that seemed connected to the shortness of breath and the liquid intensity I could feel beginning to pool between my thighs.

Her teasing touches grew more forward and I could feel her lips against mine more completely. The more intense connection triggered a reaction that surprised even me as I raised up just a little, my arms curling around her neck, my body pressing against hers, desperate for more. She didn't move to initiate anymore contact, just continued to kiss me, thoroughly...soundly...totally. I could feel my body revving up, not sure what direction the feelings were taking me in, but knowing this was...was...this was incredible. I sighed, moving even closer, pressing my breasts against her, seeking more.

She hesitated and I knew without a doubt she was going to stop this from going any further. I didn't want her to. I didn't want to be cautious. I wanted to take these feelings to the next level. I wanted to explore what she was creating within me. I wanted....I wanted...