Sam Spade 21: The Incident of the Lost Love Pt. 01

Story Info
Sam finds and loses love.
15k words
4.87
4.5k
3
0

Part 25 of the 28 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/06/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2017 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors to this web site may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story may contain sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the age of 18. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please do not read.

Author's note: This is a 2-part story.

Sam Spade 21: The Incident of the Lost Love 1 by Kaereni

*****

I had the idea to make an underground following. By picking social outcasts, I could make my following grow without having an address. It was with that thought that I wanted Jane, my sister, to introduce me to a group of bikers who had helped her when her car broke down. It took a moment to explain my idea to her and she agreed. With that she led Angela, Cindy, Lilith, Franki, Fa, and myself to a bar down in south Florida.

When I arrived, I found myself standing in a parking lot of a bar in South Miami. The gravel parking lot stood better than thirty bikes lined up like an honor guard before a tomb. A moment later the others showed and looked at the gravel parking lot. Looking at it I said to myself, "It looks worse than it did last time I was here."

Lilith looked Samantha and said dryly, "You always seem to know all the better dive bars granddaughter."

"No one will notice us entering," Jane said with a smile. "This way," she walked through the parking lot and through a door.

Inside it looked like any dive bar I had been in other than the fact that the only female was the bartender. You could hear a pin drop as the others followed me in and stood looking around. Without stopping, Jane walked up to the bartender, "Have you seen Bruce?"

The bartender took one look at her and then us before returning her attention to Jane, "Sorry, I don't know anyone named Bruce," and turned away once more.

I watched as the bikers turned towards us and slowly moved this way. "Boys I would rather not kill you, so why don't you just carry your asses back to what you were doing and leave us alone." I turned toward the bartender and pulled my pistol. Pointing the pistol at the back of her head, I made eye contact with her through the mirror. In a cold dead voice, I said, "They may hurt me, but I will kill you first. Where is he?" When she made no reply, I cocked it.

"I don't know, I don't know," she replied turning quickly to look at me.

"In that case we'll wait. I have a bourbon on the rocks, four glasses of blood wine and," I glanced at Jane.

"Wild Turkey on the rocks."

"What is blood wine?" the girl asked not moving.

"Take a glass of wine and add three drops of blood to each glass," Franki replied turning her head to look at the girl. She smiled and displayed her fangs. "We could always get blood the old fashioned way if you rather."

The girl gasped and poured three glasses of red wine and then looking around grabbed a little paring knife and tried to cut her hand with it. Of course she failed.

"Here," Fa said offering the girl her push dagger. As the girl took it Fa latched on to her arm and cut the girl's palm.

The girl looked at the blood dumbly as it dripped down her hand and onto the counter. Fa seeing, she was not moving on her own, guided the bartender's hand over the glasses. Once she had added blood to the glasses of wine and then to my bourbon she cut her own palm and held it against the girl's. "Sisters stick together through thick and thin. I pray the goddess will find you worthy."

When Fa released her hand, the bartender looked at it and saw it was healed. "Thank you sister," she said with a dip of her head. She looked at Jane and said, "Bruce usually comes in after five thirty when he gets off work."

"We'll wait," Jane said. She turned and said loudly, "I come back and show off my little sister and her friends to you boys and what do we get? A cold shoulder and hostility!" She shook her head, "I'm so ashamed of you."

"Aww Doc don't be like that," one of the men said moving forward.

"Now when have I ever done you wrong James?" Jane asked as the biker came forward.

"Never Doc, but then again," he gestured towards the others with her. "You have never come in with people like..." He trailed off.

Jane laughed and hugged him. Dragging him over she said, "James, this is my little sister Samantha Spade." She continued making introductions, "Angela, Cindy, Fa, Franki and Lilith."

James's eyes got large and he took a half step back, "Sam Spade and her angel of death... your sister?" His eyes rolled up and he looked as if he was about to faint when Lilith and Fa caught a hold of his arms. They guided him to one of the bar stools. He gave his head a shake as if to clear the cobwebs and finally said, "I didn't know you had a sister."

I smiled at him and said, "Half sister to be exact." Looking at the others I added, "Feel free to return to what you were doing."

Instead of them returning to their tables they made a dash for the door. Angela stopped them and smiled, "You weren't thinking of leaving were you? That would upset the goddess and in turn upset us." She gave a little insane laugh, "You don't want to see me upset do you?"

Lilith and the others moved to stand around Angela and drew their weapons. Holding her two swords Lilith said, "Go sit down boys and let Jane and Samantha have their visit with Bruce when he shows peaceful like." She smiled at them and after a moment they drifted back towards the tables.

"So... how have you and the boys been James?" Jane asked after a moment.

We were doing fine until Fixer up and disappeared." James paused and then added, "Word on the street is that someone wasted him." He looked pointedly at me.

"It wasn't me, I have been up in New York," I protested.

"Fixer is working for me now as an interface between me and the feds." Jane replied.

I left her to deal with him and looked at the other bikers. Picking the biggest and roughest looking one, I walked up to him and looked at him for a long moment. "We can do this two ways. I can ask you questions nicely and you answer. Or I can play with you and then ask questions nicely and you answer." I tilted my head, "The choice is yours."

"Wadda you want to know?" his voice sounding like gravel.

"All my life, all that I have done, I have done because it is the right thing to do. No matter how great the cost to me, I do it because it is right." I put my hands on my hips and said, "Are you like that? Or do you take the easy way out."

"I follow my codes, fuck the law," he replied without looking at the others.

"We all have codes that we follow." I looked around at the men before turning to look at him, "Why did you help Jane when she broke down outside?"

A different man stepped up and said, "Because she needed help and we could at least try to fix her car before calling a tow for her."

"Them tow bastards have larceny in their heart," another man added.

"That's the truth," I agreed glancing at him. "So helping others who are in need are part of your codes? Or helping Jane is part of the codes? Which is it?"

"What is you want to really know Miss Spade," a man said from behind me.

I turned and looked at him. The man was dressed in a three-thousand-dollar suit and looked like a banker. "You must be the missing Bruce. You're not quite what I expected."

"You of all people should know looks are deceiving," Bruce replied with a smile. "You look nothing like the goddess in the holo cubes. That is neither here or there... What are you looking for Miss Spade?"

I looked at him for a long moment and then looked at the others slowly. Returning my attention to Bruce I said, "You know the war is coming and even if you want to stand off to the side and let the world burn, you will be sucked in." I paused and met Jane's eyes for a second before returning to look at him. "My sister tells me you have always treated her with respect and helped her. My question is will you do what is right no matter the cost? Are you and your friends truly worthy of my gift?"

The girl came from behind the bar and with a smile to Fa, walked up to me. "Goddess, all here would serve you. Just ask and it will be." She looked at Bruce, "Bruce, you know Miss Spade's rep as well as I do."

Bruce smiled at her, "Yes, either you love or want her dead. There is no in between." He looked at Miss Spade and said, "We have always done what is right. If it happens to screw over the feds, so much the better."

"I would like to give you my gift. It is made up of two life forms, both are very good girls and will make you mostly immortal and make you telepathic with any of my other followers. In addition, I will add a little piece of myself so you will always know that no matter what happens, I will have your back. In turn, I will know you have mine. Will you accept this gift?"

Bruce knew this point was coming the moment he entered and saw who was here. They had been talking about going to her and offering to help. However, talk was one thing; it was a whole different matter when it came right down to it. He looked back to Jane for guidance and caught her slight nod. "Consider us part of your army," he replied looking at the goddess.

Mentally I said, "Make plenty of yourselves. If they are worthy, you know what to do. If not feed and grow."

"It will be as you command," the nameless replied.

"As you wish hive mother," the Quarm colony said mentally to me.

I moved forward and kissed Bruce tenderly and bound our souls together. Turning to my wives I said, "Welcome your new brothers fully." They swarmed forward and began kissing and nuzzling the men until all had been infected. Returning my attention to Bruce I looked at him for a long moment, and said, "You are worthy, read from the book of knowledge."

Bruce's eyes got large as in his mind a book opened. He heard Jane's voice say into his mind, "Use this to keep my sister safe. But use wisely."

As the knowledge flooded his mind he looked at the goddess. "Goddess this is too much for any mortal to know."

I rested my hand over his heart and said tenderly, "Bruce, you are worthy. Jane thinks so and do I." I kissed him tenderly before looking at the others, "It falls on you, all of you here, to gather more converts. All you need do is transfer any bodily fluid be it spit, blood, or even cum. However, if the transfer is to one who is not worthy, then they will be consumed and all you will have left is a puddle of black tar." I paused and then added, "I would like all of you to come to my temple to learn the art of creation. I would ask my wife Susan to come teach you, but she is busy teaching others."

"Mary," Angela's voice said to me.

"Get her," I replied. Turning back to the others I said, "There is one, she is learning herself. But I believe she can start you on your path as you and she make your way north." Turning back to Bruce I asked, "Will you keep Mary safe. I would hate to lose her or any of you."

"Of course goddess," Bruce replied.

While waiting for Angela to return, I walked over to the first man who was looking at me with wild eyes. "Why do you fear me James?"

"Goddess, everyone knows not to fuck with you."

"How do I get you past your fear?" I looked at Jane, "How?"

"James, be at peace," Jane said touching his arm. The man relaxed and she smiled at me.

"Will you accept my gift?"

Without words, James stood pulled Samantha close and kissed her hard. Still holding on to her he said, "yes."

"That's good because I gave it to you," I replied. I tilted my head and said, "You're worthy, read from the book of knowledge James."

So far everyone else had said they aren't worthy. Instead, he looked at Jane and said, "On my life and those of my brothers, we will."

Just that moment Angela appeared holding Mary close. She looked at the girl and then me. Mentally she said, "Red, she may not be the best for this. Her mind is like cotton candy, pink and fluffy."

"I'll handle this," I said aloud. "Forgive me James I need to have a few words with Mary here." I dragged her over to the corner and said, "Do you really want to spend your life as a brain dead fuck doll?"

In reply she simply giggled at me so I touched her arm. I mentally commanded, "Return the body to fully human and then come into my body." I sighed and said, "Mary I pity you. May you have what you asked for in spades." I transformed her into the vision of a life sized sexy version of a life sized Barbie doll She was dressed in high heels, and a pink latex mini. Her body screamed fuck me and one hand was fingering herself while the other worked a pink dildo in and out of her mouth. I blocked off her higher functions from controlling herself and made sure she would not receive pleasure from what she had become. "This is your time out. Learn better or you will spend eternity as nothing more than a fuck toy," I told her mentally. Aloud I said, "When you are ready to grow up, you will be allowed to join us."

Returning to where Jane, James and now Bruce were watching me I said, "The art of creation is a mighty responsibility. It is easy to lose yourself in pleasure or power games before you mature past it. Mary here, as you can see, keeps losing herself in pleasure. I took the dildo from her and held it in my hand. "A sex toy that can be anything...even a bird," It changed into a bird and flew around before landing on the bar close to the door.

"It can even become a drink," Angela said reaching out for it. As she touched the bird it changed into a shot glass with bourbon in it. She picked up the glass and drank it down. Slamming the glass down hard it shattered and she said, "But that bitch can't get past pleasuring herself." She walked over and looked at Mary who was still fingering herself and looking around with giggles.

Her hand suddenly shot out and grabbed Mary's chin and forcing her to look into Angela's eyes. "It is a good thing you are cut off from the family. Never has anyone failed the goddess on the magnitude you have. I am looking forward to playing with your mind and body and listening to you beg for death." She pushed the girl down to the floor and said coldly, "No one fucks with my Samantha and lives long." She turned and walked over to the door.

Bruce looked at her and then at the goddess, "Goddess, if it is all the same to you. We would rather not have this trash travel with us." He looked down at the woman and said, "You were given the keys to the kingdom and tossed them away."

James shook his head and went over to help Mary up. Looking at her he said, "I know there is a good woman inside you. If there had not, you would never have been allowed to join with the goddess." He paused and then added softly, "I pray for your sake you find your way back home."

I looked at her and my wives before turning to Bruce, convert those who are worthy, and come join us when you are ready." I paused and sighed, "I will deal with this..." I gestured towards Mary, "...failure alone."

"Samantha," Jane said reaching towards me but not quite touching my arm.

Before she could finish what she was saying, I grabbed Mary by the arm and went to the mesa. Putting a field around her so she could not kill herself, I then went over to the edge and sat down. I heard the others joining me and kneeling behind me. "It's funny, when I presented my plan. I was told I had to collect one in six humans to keep the Great War from breaking out. I remember thinking that that's not too bad. Surely there is one who is worthy in every six. Jane thought I lost my mind. I could see it in her eyes. I knew there were that many good people in the world. I mean look at us. In the whole time there have been only been a few who really wanted my ass. Look at all the people we have helped. Everyone we have ever met." I paused a long moment and said, "Out of all them, less than ten were evil. Many were simply misguided or mad. But I can only name five, who really wanted my head on a platter."

I sighed, "Five out of the hundreds I have met, helped, and yes loved have screwed me good. So when I got the odds I thought it would be a piece of cake. Little did I know, there was a third class, those who are self-absorbed who no matter what I do are lost to me. How do I reach them? If any of you have a solution to that question I would love to know it." After a couple minutes of silence, I added, "All I need are some crickets to sing for me to make it complete."

"Granddaughter, I know it is not my place to speak. But you can only do what you can do." Lilith said softly. "Command us and allow us to help you."

"Take your sisters, those who are willing to travel, to the four corners of the world. Let them seek out those who are worthy and convert them. Those who they believe are ready for the book of knowledge, let them call you and one of you, my wives, go and determine. If so then allow them to read it." I paused and said, "Go now... leave me alone with this failure so we may commune with nature."

From behind me Jane said, "Be glad you are of Samantha's realm. Let me show you what I would do if you were mine."

I turned and found I was alone on the masa. "Well fuck," I muttered. Going to Fayla I sat down near her pool, "Give me some good news Fayla?"

She knew the woman's downfall had affected her wife deeply. "Of the forty-eight sisters who passed the first test, forty-six of them understand the circle of life and are ready to go to the waters of the world and find other converts. The other two, I would like to stay and work under me if you will allow goddess."

"Fayla, you know your kind best. I trust you without fail. Send the forty six out and yes keep the other two here and work with them until such time you believe they are worthy to find their own waters to protect." I said feeling a wave of relief.

"It will be so," Fayla said. She paused and then said, "Samantha, wife, you can't save all of the humans. Some will fall, just as the nightwalkers and shape changers will, no matter what you say or do. All you can do is help those who truly want help. As for the rest, at least you tried."

"Love, you, none of you truly see it. Each failure is like a dagger to my heart. A part of me dies when they fail." I looked down, "I have always tried to live the best I could and think of others before myself. While I have lost my way several times in the past, I try to put your needs before my own. I always thought that is how it is supposed to be. Then I find two people who are much older than I am and each is nothing more than a self-centered asshole." I looked at her and said, "I would just toss myself into the sun and be done with it. But then my sister would follow me and the universe would go poof. I can handle my death, but the death of countless races and worlds... No. No matter how bad it is, I can't do that to the universe."

Fayla knew on an intellectual level that Samantha took it personally. As her wife spoke the worlds and feelings washed over her and spread to all the goddess's followers until they truly understood how much failures hurt her. "There is something else I have to tell you if you are up to hearing it."

"I always have time to listen to any news you have my love," I said looking at her.

"The rational minds of the seas would speak with you. That is the dolphins, whales and their kin would like to join you." Fayla said, "Another group has called for you, the merfolk." She paused, "Samantha, you have heard of the war at the dawn of time. My sisters were destroyed by the merfolk in the battle until I was the only one left."