Sam Spade 21: The Incident of the Lost Love Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't believe it," Maradith replied.

I looked at her and said, "Why would Leanne lie?"

"Samantha, if you feel you must kill me then do what you must. No one," He looked at Maradith until she whimpered and looked down. "Will stop you." Jason said moving forward. "They came to New York house and demanded payment. What's ten thousand a month? With not having to worry about the mob and you having larger issues to deal with, it seemed a simple solution. How was I to know it would bite all of us in the ass?"

Sighing I holstered daddy's pistol and sat down on the steps. "This goddess thing sucks bigtime." Raising my head, I looked at Angela and the other woman, "Anyone else on your list?"

"No Samantha," Angela said softly. The hurt rolling off Samantha dropped them to their knees. She looked down for a moment before looking back up at Samantha, "What now?"

"Pass on to your sisters and everyone else that the brotherhood has been removed." I said. "You two head on back and make sure no one is moving in on the prostitution trade in the city. If there is, send them packing with a special hello from me. I control the prostitution there. Though not directly your sisters, those girls need our protection also. I said I would protect them before this shit got out of hand and I will be damned if I let them down now."

I stood and looked at Jason, "I forgive you. I know you were trying to do the right thing and save me worry." I started to turn away but stopped myself and turned back, "For the record, I have taken control of the pleasure trade in New York so if anyone else comes along, let me know and I will remove them." I called down lighting which struck the broken man on the porch between Jason and Maradith. They jumped away as the lighting turned him into a crispy critter. "No one fucks with one of mine. Even if it is to shake them down." I turned to Maradith, "I'm sorry mother. I jumped to conclusions and...well...I'm sorry." I looked at Jason, "I'm sorry," I repeated. "I don't know what else I can say to make it right," I added before fleeing to the masa. Looking around in the twilight, I sighed and knelt with lowered head. After a few minutes my silent tears began to fall.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and then Kitten asked, "Why is momma sad?"

"Momma accused Jason of being bad, made problems between him and Maradith. So now she feels sorry for herself," I replied finally.

"How can kitten help momma?" she asked softly. Feeling the pain in Samantha was almost more than she could handle. But she knew she had to be strong for her human and make things right.

"If you could find a way for Jason and mother not hate me would be a good start," I said not looking at her. I looked to tell her not to worry I would be fine, but she had disappeared.

"Would you like to talk about it granddaughter?" Lilith asked showing up and kneeling before Samantha.

Looking at Lilith I said, "I always wondered why the god from the old testament was different than the god in the new testament. Now I know, he realized he had to stay away."

"No Samantha. The difference is he let his little brother deal with humanity so he could spend time reading in his semi-retirement." Lilith said. "You know how well that worked out." She reached out and caressed Sam's cheek, "Samantha, you must follow your heart. It knows what path to take."

I laughed sadly, "It took me to the point where I was willing to kill mother and Jason both."

That rocked Lilith to the core, "Why? What did they do?"

"Jason was paying the brotherhood protection money and my guess is Samuel knew who he was paying and took it on himself to do away with me to curry favor with them." I cried, "I fucked up so bad I lost my mother and one of only two friends I had." She started to leave but I stopped her, "No Lilith. If you go then you and mother will start fighting for real. Just let it go...I'll be fine."

"Some fine, hiding away from everyone," Jason said showing up with Maradith. He walked over to the edge and sat down, "Lilith why don't you and Mara go see if you can calm a rampaging Kitten." He waited until he and Samantha were alone before saying, "I'm sorry, Sam. I only wanted to help and it all went wrong."

"I know and I jumped to conclusions without asking first." I looked towards his back, "Do you think you and mother will ever forgive me? Is there any hope?"

"We already have Sam, you know that." Jason replied. "What's really bothering you?"

"I feel like I'm losing myself, my humanity." I got up and moved to sit beside him, "Jason, until we went after the witch that made Kitten and had mother, I never really tried to kill someone." I looked down over the edge, "Even when Crystal was trying to save my ass against Jojo, I didn't want to kill her. I wanted to shoot her." But since the quarm removal, what everyone feared is happening."

"All you have done, is save us." Jason replied looking at her. "The ones you removed were evil. The merfolk and the brotherhood were evil to the very core. Even Samuel was a bad egg and deserved more than what you did to him."

"Speaking of Samuel, what the fuck killed him?"

"As best we can figure..." Jason paused and then said, "You did. Or at least your essence and little friends took matters into their own hands."

"If that's the case why are you still around. I was off the charts crazed when I found you in that asshole's mind." I said. "The only difference is that I didn't want you dead. I wanted you to suffer for crossing me."

"Well there you go." Jason said. He looked at Samantha and said, "Sam, remember the first time we came to the house. Do you remember what you asked me once we were alone?"

"Yea, I asked you how long it had been since you had someone you could just talk to without the sexual games." I replied. "As much as I wanted to ravish you, having you as a friend has always meant more to me than a night of carnal games."

"Without getting mushy about it, I feel the same way. We have all too few friends now days." Jason agreed. "No matter what you become, how you change, or whatever... I am and will always be your friend Samantha." He tilted his head and said, "On another topic, do you realize you have your own navy now? A sperm whale named Spike of all things, is talking about how he disabled one of the harvesting ships. That has an interesting yet lively debate on if they can take out all the subs or metal fish as they called them without you getting upset with them."

"Pass on that for them just to track them. If one acts aggressive and launches something be it a torp or missile, then do what you must. But I would rather not have a war if I can help it." I paused and then said, "That's all it would take to push some of these countries into war. Someone removing all their subs and then ships. Sure as hell it would point back at me and bite all our asses off."

"You have a point there," Jason replied. "Someone named Suzi would like to see you if possible. She has an idea on how to help, but she doesn't want to mess up again." He paused, "What did she do to screw up?"

"She faked submitting and then called the cops on me for murder of nearly fifty people. When I found out who it was I let Angela gut her like a fish nice and slow without allowing her to die." I said. Nameless was created by her." I looked out at the stars and night far below. Mentally I asked, "Can someone bring Suzi to me please?"

Almost before I finished, Jane showed up holding on to Suzi. "Thank you Madam Chairman," Suzi said dipping her head. She walked over and knelt slightly behind and off to one side of the goddess. "Goddess, I have an idea but before I work it out I want your permission."

"Come sit up here Suzi and tell me your idea," I replied.

Though she was terrified of heights, Suzi moved up and knelt at the edge. A moment later Jane came and sat on her other side.

"Be at peace child, I will catch you if you fall," she heard Jane in a motherly voice.

"Goddess, I think I can create a version of nameless which will lessen the production of adrenalin in humans." She paused, "It would lessen the fight or flight response in them."

"You would turn mankind into sheep?"

"NO!... I mean no goddess. I just thought it would be nice if they were willing to talk first instead of fighting without rational discussion first. Let me put it this way, Jason and I both disagree with you all the way down the line. I am armed with one of your pistols, and Jason has a BB pistol. Now both of us show our displeasure by shooting your High Priestess, Heather in the head. Now knowing she is going to get shot no matter what you do, which would you pick to shoot her?"

"Jason of course," I replied. "But two questions come to mind. Can you do it and what safeguards can you put in place to keep from having a world of sheep?"

"See Kimmy. If anyone can help you it is her." Jane replied. She paused and then added, "If I ever get my life calm and get my lab running, I would love to have you come to work for me Suzi. As someone said to me, a mind a brilliant as yours is worth saving."

Kimmy showed up and smiled, "What a wonderful idea sister." She took Suzi's hand and they disappeared.

"One million says they have a solution in under twenty-four hours." Jane said laughing.

"No bet... Did you know Suzi was a male? He made a way to biologically become female on his own without the use of nanites. That's where she got Nameless from." I replied. "I bet anything she already has a solution to the first part. It's the second part she didn't consider." I paused and looked out once more, "Jane, you once said you have the memories of the past Chairmen in you. Or did I misunderstand you?"

"Not memories in the manner you are speaking. It like a computer I can search without thinking that allowed me to pull up what happened to each. That's why I was able to recognize Fayla. The former chairman knew her and considered her a friend thus I knew who she was. That leads me to wonder what you really want to know." Jane said.

"I'm losing myself, losing control and the restraint I used to have. How do I get it back or is my humanity lost to me?" I finally asked softly.

"If it was lost you wouldn't ask," Jane replied. "How have you lost control?"

"The merfolk for one, and Samuel, the Brotherhood of Light and finally wanting to hurt and punish Jason without waiting to hear his side of the story." I replied.

"The merfolk were a hopeless case, so you did the right thing. But who is Samuel and the Brotherhood of light and would they have anything to do with two computers plowing a couple hundred acres with the rail guns?"

Let me," Jason said. "I can tell it faster, at least part of it." He went on to explain to tell Jane about Samuel trying to poison Samantha. Then talked about one of the girls trying to seduce her and finally Sam taking both Death Valley and what happened.

When he wound down Jane only asked, "What happened to the woman?"

"Mara gave her a good talking to." Jason said.

"Call her," Jane said coldly.

A moment later an oriental woman showed up with Maradith. Both knelt with lowered heads and the oriental woman said, "You sent for me goddess?"

"She didn't... I did," Jane said standing and walking over to the pair. "Aunt Maradith, it might be better if you and Jason take your daughter home and make love to her. Make her feel alive and loved once more." She gestured towards the oriental woman, "This one and I have much to discuss alone."

"No," I said. Jane looked at me so I continued, "Jane she is one of my creatures. You can't touch her without my agreeing to it."

"You don't get it do you," Jane said looking at me. "Two of yours, have betrayed you and I want to know how and why even if you don't." She paused, "One in six is bad enough, but if you lose as you gain you will never stop a war. Better to throw in the towel now."

I hadn't thought about it that way. "Fuck me, there is no walking away from this is there," I said looking at Jason. I turned and stood. Walking over to mother I said, "Mother, may Jane and I examine one of yours?"

"Do what you feel you need to do Goddess," Maradith said tenderly.

I looked at the woman kneeling and then Jason as an idea came to me. Mentally, "I asked is it possible?" Not hearing a reply, I walked over to Jane, "I think I can clear this up." Turning I walked over to the oriental woman and smiled down at her, "This is your lucky day May Song." Mentally I told Nameless and the hive what I wanted to do and got their agreements. I motioned for her to stand and walked with her over to one of the edges and away from the others. "I know what you did, but not how and how many others are as you are. Would you like to tell me and save the punishment?"

May Song didn't answer and would have spit on the one everyone was bowing to had not Maradith, her creator been there. How anyone could think this weakling was fit to lead was beyond her. Instead of replying she only shook her head and smiled.

"Yea, that's what I thought too," I replied. I pulled out the succubus spirit from her and pushed her over the edge. "Have a nice trip." I listened to her screams until they ended and looked down, "Yep doornail." Restoring her to the point where she was just hitting I pulled her back to me and smiled. In a soft voice I said, "Round two... care to answer? I have all eternity." She looked fearful but didn't answer so I pushed her over the edge again. Turning back to the others I said, "She doesn't have my gift. Nor did Samuel is my guess. What I don't know is how she managed to throw it off."

"Samantha, I made sure everyone had," Maradith started.

I raised my hand, "That was never in question mother. I know you and Jason would never try to screw me over. I was mad and not thinking right before." I brought her back again and smiled sweetly, "So May Song, care to tell me how you dumped my gift?"

She screamed, ran to the edge and looked down. Though she wanted and needed to die, she couldn't throw herself over the edge. Finally, she sunk down and cried.

Going over I crouched down and put a hand on her shoulder, "I forgive you, a slave to pleasure, for trying to seduce me. I know all too well how hard it is to fight that need to feed." To my surprise she turned, threw herself into my arms and cried. In broken form, through her tears, May Song explained that Samuel told them that all they needed to do was refuse the gift and then get rid of Maradith's favored child to have life return to how it was before.

"I forgive you," I said when she wound down I looked at Jane and said, "May Song didn't betray me because she was never mine in the first place." Looking at Maradith I said, "Mother I know I have no reason to ask, but..." I turned my head back to the woman who was clinging to me, "Would you be willing to forgive a bad girl?"

"Samantha I would rather di..." Maradith said and then stopped.

Jason came forward and crouched down next to us, "May Song." He waited until she looked up before saying, "Please for all our sakes take the goddess's gift. Being part of her family is the second best thing that has ever happened to me right behind your mother scowling over there. You will find peace there."

Standing I walked over to Maradith who was scowling. "Mother, read the new testament sometime. I think you will find it enlightening."

"Samantha, I was around when it happened. Why would I ever want to read about what I lived?"

"Because, what happened here has already happened before." I said. Looking at Jane and smiled sadly, "History always repeats its self. Coat of many colors...Book of Genesis." Pausing I sighed and to them, "I could get mad, have everyone test each other to smoke out all the rats in the woodshed. I could simply reach out and remove all those who say they follow me but don't have my genetic marker." I looked around at the night sky and then Jane, "Instead I am going to go soak in the hot tub and do nothing."

Going home I looked at the tub and turned away. Instead I went to the living room and sat in my old recliner. Leaning back with my eyes closed I tried to relax. I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes again it was morning and I had missed seeing Lady. "Shit," I said as I got up. I went into the kitchen saw I was alone and made myself a cup of coffee. Sitting down at the table I saw Heather come in, get herself a cup of coffee and sit down. Looking at her I asked, "Before we get to the bad news, anything good to tell me about?"

"Nearly a hundred temples have been made though out the world. In each case Jasmine created a dome and portal here so your followers can come and learn." Heather said looking down at her cup. She could feel the weight that Samantha was holding up and her deep seated fears that it will come all crashing down. "Samantha, it will all work out in the end."

"I know love. What worries me is how it will work out. There is so much good in the world that I can't bear the thought of it all burning to the ground." I replied. "Any other good news before the bad comes in?" I asked.

"Richard, Fa's little brother, would like to arrange a meeting with you and the clan elders. I sent Molly out to tell Lady Darkness that you had pressing business and you would see her tonight without fail." Heather paused and then said, "Finally, your mother and Jason are here and waiting in your office." Heather paused, "Sam, your mother seems... a tad upset and even Lilith is staying away from her."

"I hope that is the only bad news," I replied standing and taking one last sip of coffee. Give me five minutes and then bring in some coffee for us. It will stop whatever rant she is on. God knows I deserve it for throwing their house into chaos." Walking to my office I opened the door and said, "I'm sorry mother, I just found you both were here." I stopped and looked around and realized I was alone. Closing the door, I felt them out and took a step only to find myself outside the Dark Desires here in the city.

Knocking on the door I smiled at the young man who answered the door, "Hello, I'm looking for a friend of mine, Jason. Could you tell him Sam is here?"

"Of course Miss Spade. Come on in," he replied and moved out of the way.

"I'll wait out here thank you," I replied not trusting him. "I could just mind rape you and see what nasty things you want to try if I allow you behind me." I smiled coldly at his fear, "Before I send a lightning bolt down and turn you into a crispy critter, I recommend you get Jason or mother out here pronto." I almost laughed when he scurried away.

"Lilith come to me," I said mentally. "I really want you beside me. Something's not right here." Almost before I finished Lilith showed wearing her swords. Right behind her were Fa and Franki who were both armed. Looking at Lilith I asked, "What is mother fired up about?"

"I don't know Samantha. But while we have our differences about you, we both want to protect you no matter the cost. This morning though... she was different. She wanted blood instead of protecting you."