Siblings with Benefits Ch. 38

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lovecraft68
lovecraft68
22,199 Followers

When I entered the room, I saw the TV was not on and was about to turn around when I heard the unmistakable sound of crying and, turning, saw my brother sitting on the couch, his head in his hands, sobbing. I stood there, shocked, as, although I had seen my brother cry several times over the years --and mostly over me-, it had never been like this. Mark's shoulders were shaking, and he was sobbing so hard it sounded painful. Snapping myself out of my surprise, I ran over to the couch and got on my knees in front of him.

"Mark, what is it?" I asked, grabbing his hands to remove them from his face.

Mark started and looked up at me. His cheeks were wet with tears, and I could feel his hands trembling in my grasp.

"I... I can't do this anymore, Megan!" Mark cried out. "I... can't!"

"You can't do...?" I started.

"You, Megan, I can't keep doing this! I..." He took a deep breath and tried to get control of himself."Years, sis, for years we've done this! You do well, then you fall, you run, then you come back!" He lost the battle and started sobbing again before continuing. "Six months, Megan! For six months I worried about you, and looked for you, every time the phone rang I hoped it was you!"

"Mark,I..I'm sorry I..."

"Mom was calling me every other day, asking if I heard anything. Christ, Megan, I was subscribing to the New York papers and shaking every time there was an article about finding an unidentified body! I...I love you sis! You're everything to me and I...I need you to be okay this time!" Mark grabbed my shoulders and, staring into my eyes, whispered, "I... I have nothing left, Megan, you came within minutes of dying, I..."Shaking his head in an attempt to control himself he continued,"Megan, I've saved you from dealers, and pimps, and jail. I've fought with your father and defended you against anyone that tries to hurt you, but..." He closed his eyes and whispered, "I can't save you from you, sis! My God, Megan, you almost died in front of me!"

I felt myself begin to cry, but instead of breaking down as I had so many times in recent days, I reached out, and, taking my brother into my arms, pressed his head into my chest.

"Please, sis?" he pleaded. "You're all I have, Meg! Please be okay this time!" he began to cry again, and, as I began to stroke his hair, he whimpered, "Please?"

I started to cry harder myself, but this time, rather than feeling sorry for myself, I held my brother even tighter, and thought about what he had said. Closing my eyes, I envisioned my brother over me; his eyes alight with love for me. Taking a deep breath, I looked deep within myself and, for the first time that I could remember, I didn't see weakness, but resolve, the desire to fight for something besides myself. Taking Mark's face in my hands, I lifted it and, after gently kissing each of his eyelids, whispered; "Don't worry, little brother, I promise that no matter what it takes, your big sister will never leave you again."

*

Author's note; Well first off big announcement! The voting for Literotica's 12th annual awards has started and Mark is in the finals for sexiest male. If you would like to support the cause the link to vote is on my bio page.

This chapter concludes the grueling Dark Days story arc, I know they were not easy reads and I appreciate your continued support. As a reward I think you will find 39 to be a bit more upbeat. As always your votes comments and feedback are appreciated.

Two chapters left. Lovecraft68

1...345678