Simon Pendleton Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
zef4600
zef4600
38 Followers

It was Roxanne's face that drew constant attention from not only the other male guests but Simon as well. Her black hair was tied up in a ponytail exposing her graceful neck. Bright red lipstick adorned her lips, contrasting with her almost porcelain like skin. The mascara and eyeliner accentuated her almond shaped eyes. Simon had a hard time looking anywhere else.

"I need some air," Simon said, taking a step back as the song ended.

"I'll get us something to drink." Roxanne squeezed his hands before letting go, "I'll meet you on the patio over there." She pointed to a set of glass double doors to the right of the dance hall. Simon nodded and quickly exited. Someone announced that it was five minutes to midnight.

The cool night air washed over him as he inhaled deeply. He sat down heavily on a wrought iron bench that had been cleaned of snow. It wasn't terribly cold but he would only be out there for a little while. Roxanne glided through the doors shortly after him.

"Are you okay?" she asked, handing him a glass of punch. Simon downed it in one gulp.

"Yeah, I was just a little warm." Roxanne sat down next to him, sipping her drink. The same voice called two minutes to midnight.

"Simon?" He turned towards her, her face illuminated by the near-full moon. She laced her fingers into his. "You know it's customary to kiss someone at midnight."

"Roxy. . ." he sighed. The crowd inside cheered the one minute mark. "I like you, but only as a friend, nothing more."

"That's not what I see. I see you trying to resist your true feelings for me." She turned away for moment, fearing he would see through her. 'Just as I was resisting mine,' she thought. Thirty seconds. She turned back to him, eyes glittering with unshed tears.

"Roxy . . ." She placed her finger over his lips.

"Please . . ." she breathed. The gathered crowd chanted the countdown from ten seconds.

Simon tucked a stray strand of darkness behind her ear. Roxanne placed her hand on his cheat, feeling his heart pounding.

"Five!" The chant crested.

Simon moved one of his hands to her waist.

"Four!"

Both of her arms snaked around his neck.

"Three!"

She wanted to pull him in but waited instead. She waited for him to take the lead, to surrender.

"Two!"

Simon paused, struggling between loyalty to Jodi and desire for Roxanne.

"One!"

Roxanne closed her eyes, placing her hopes in his hands. Simon rushed forward, succumbing to his desire and crushing his lips to hers.

"Happy New Year!"

*****

zef4600
zef4600
38 Followers