Skyrim and the Journey of Cerise Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DocCIS
DocCIS
1,546 Followers

The Temple was located behind the inn, abutting against the overhand of the mountain, forming a physical barrier from the road and wall in case of an attack. It was a two-story building, the masonry old but well-kept by the villages.

Tentatively I pushed open the door, swinging in soundlessly as I stepped inside.

As soon as I entered, an overwhelming feeling of 'home' filled me. I felt at peace, more so than I had anywhere else.

Looking around, I saw the anteroom having several pillars around it, opening to a small fountain with the image of Dibella. On the edge of the room were various shrines to the Nine Divines. To the right were those for Akatosh, Talos, Mara, Stendarr, and Dibella; to the left, Kynareth, Julianos, Zenithar, and Arkay, even a shrine devoted to Nocturnal in the center.

Behind the fountain were stairs leading up to a living area with a large stone bed, and oddly enough, a throne. I smiled, somehow remembering something in my past affirming this was truly originally a temple of Dibella, as I continued exploring the temple.

On the first floor to the right was a small storage area, complete with a cooking area, as well as a laboratory for enchanting and alchemy. On the opposite side of the Temple was a similar room, containing a small smithy and bedroom.

I moved my way to the back, my eyes opening wide as I saw row upon row of bookshelves, display cases, and armor manikins. All were empty, but I felt a pressing need to populate them. There was also a large working table, filled with maps, tomes, and other items.

Finally I could stall no more—as I was stalling. The idea of opening myself up in prayer to the goddess gave me an uneasy feeling. I felt somehow ashamed, unworthy of calling myself a cleric. Although Alvor's deductions made sense, I had pushed the thought out of my mind, instead focusing on the tasks at hand.

I tentatively approached the fountain, kneeling down before the statue of Dibella as I raised my hands. "Dearest Mother, I beseech thee for guidance," I began, closing my eyes as I prayed for help, for wisdom, for something to help me figure out why my memory was lost.

After a while I felt a Presence. I knew if I opened my eyes I would not see anything, so kept them closed, my thoughts being all that was needed. The Presence filled me with warmth and love, tears falling from my closed eyes as I relished in the glow. I knew I had come here for a purpose, and although the knowledge was not given to me, I would be led by the signs of my goddess.

As I meditated, I also felt an odd sensation of forgiveness, not from the Presence, but in askance of me. It was not me seeking penance, but the Presence itself. It felt odd, as if I had been wronged, but I could not recall anything concrete as I relayed my acceptance of what was to be would be. With my acceptance came and understanding between me and the consciousness around me, both of us content for the time being.

I began to be aware of things I knew I had forgotten. The usage of plants and making of potions, the ability and skill of imbibing armor and weapons with spells. Even the usage of magic came to me in a clearer understanding, as well as the knowledge of forging items from the smithy. It was all things I had known before, rushing back to fill my mind with recollection. I could not recall how I had learned these skills, but I knew I had known them previously.

It was one small part of me that was once again not lost, as I silently thanked the presence.

Eventually my mind turned to the journey to Whiterun, knowing it to be what was needed. I also knew I would find more answers as I once again asked the Presence for guidance.

Slowly I felt the Presence fading, reluctantly, but knowing She could not remain here long. As it drifted away, I heard the door open behind me, the last thought in my mind again seeking guidance.

Rising, I turned to see a woman enter. She was blonde, Nordic in appearance, wearing leather boots and a short skirt, showing off her well-muscled thighs and cut low to reveal prominent cleavage. She was extremely attractive and I recalled seeing her at the tavern a couple nights ago.

What caught my attention the most was the dwemor bow she had on her back. It was understandable for her to carry it around even wearing normal clothes. Dwemor bows were extremely rare, and to have one showed not only courage, but strength in character, as obtaining them mean having to enter a dwemor ruin and the dangers it presented.

"Sorry," she told me, seeing me rising up from my mediation. "I didn't know anybody else was here," she said.

I told her it was fine, this was a home of everybody, women in particular as she smiled at me. "You're the traveler the town has talked about, aren't you? The one who escaped from Helgen, helping out the townspeople without regard to your own safety," she said.

I smiled. "I wouldn't go that far, but I am probably she whom they spoke of."

"Well, you know small villages, by next week you'll have the powers of the gods and able to sprout wings," she laughed as I joined her. "I'm Bree," she said in way of introduction s I told her my name.

I told her I did not want to intrude on her visit and she shook her head, "Actually, I think you are the one I should see," she said confusingly. "I have been coming to the Temple for the last week, my last adventuring leading me here," she told me. "I've been trying to see guidance on what to do next," she paused, "and here you stand," she finished smiling at me.

Once again I felt a 'correctness' within me of her presence, feeling as it was right and proper for us to meet.

"I hear you are going to Whiterun," she said, shrugging and saying in answer to my unspoken question, "small town."

I smiled back, telling her I was planning on heading there and then who knew where the goddess would take me.

We talked for a while, enjoying the peacefulness of the Temple. I found a strange camaraderie about her, feeling like I found a kindred spirit as we talked.

Our talk turned back to my trip to Whiterun and she asked if I would mind some company. Again I felt something in my consciousness click into place as I told her I would be honored to join her.

While we talked I heard the Temple door opening again, seeing Gerdur enter with my bags and a tray of food.

"I see you have company," she said. "Good, I brought enough food for everybody," saying she had come to bring me lunch, having not seen me around town and assuming I was still in the Temple.

I suddenly realized I was hungry, Gerdur telling me it was several hours after lunch. My surprise evident, having lost the time in meditation.

Making room on the worktables in the back, we all ate and talked.

Gerdur told me Lucan had delivered the supplies, and she had packed my bags in case I still was leaving, an odd look to her face.

I asked what was troubling her as she blushed. "I don't mean to be rude, I was just wondering," she paused as if uncertain how to continue. "I was wondering if you would mind staying at the Inn tonight if you were not leaving until tomorrow," she said. Then hurriedly added, "I mean, I'm not kicking you out, you are welcomed to join us, it's just...well," she stuttered in embarrassment as I asked her what was wrong. "Well, Hod and I seem to be getting along better than we have in years today, I can't explain it, and, I..." she trailed off, blushing.

"And you'd like some time with him," I finished for her as she nodded. I told her it was no problem, I could stay at the Temple as I felt more at home here than anywhere.

She smiled at my acceptance as I told her to enjoy her evening with her husband as she left, once again leaving Bree and me alone.

We talked for several hours as she asked if I minded her sleeping here tonight as well, the Inn having worn out its usefulness.

"I never thought about sleeping here," she said, "but now that you mention it, it seems right," she told me.

I told her that was fine as she went to the Inn to get her gear. Meanwhile I sat at the alchemy bench, preparing several healing potions and such that may be useful on our journey. There was also an enchanting table present, but having no enchants or soul gems to use, I could not enchant my armor to make it better; however, it had served me well and I could always improve it later.

Bree returned and I gasped at the change in her. Most noticeable was her scaled plate. It had definitely seen wear, showing the signs of use, but also being well-kept, knowing she not only could wear the gear, but fight with it. As before, her dwemor bow was on her back.

We talked about our travels most of the evening—or I should say she told me of her adventures, me having no recollection beyond Helgen. I confessed some of the memory lapses to her as she told me she had heard of amnesia before, willing to help me out in remembering whenever possible.

Later we dined at the Inn, which was quiet, before returning to the Temple and bedding down. I offered the large bed, but Bree told me she was fine with the smaller bedroom as we bid each other goodnight, both of us lost to our dreams.

DocCIS
DocCIS
1,546 Followers