Sunrise Sunset Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fine by me," I responded. "Maybe we could go back to St Martin like the first time. Hell, maybe I could even coax you back to that nude beach again."

Ellen laughed out loud. "You must be kidding. I was nervous enough 25 years ago. I'd hate to think about going there with this body I have now. I'd have to spend a lot of time in the gym before this body would be something I'd want anybody to see naked."

"Don't sell yourself short," I chuckled wiggling my eyebrows a la Groucho Marx. "I happen to like seeing you naked. I'd love to see your little bare butt running around here."

She laughed. "Ha! Flattery will get you everywhere, Mr. Dirty Old Man. Maybe I'll start showing a new side of me, my backside. Maybe I'll start running around here naked more often, but not tonight. I have plans for tonight, and I have dibs on the big TV. If you want to watch something, you'll have to go upstairs."

"So what's the big event?"

"Ironically," she explained, "The PBS channel is showing a taped production of 'Fiddler on the Roof', and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it."

"Fiddler?" I questioned. "How's that ironic?"

"Fiddler," she answered, "is the first live stage production Jennifer ever went to. My mom, Jennifer's mom, and I took Jenny to see it on her eighth birthday. She was mesmerized with the music and live actors. I don't think she even blinked the entire time. It was so cute when we left. She was dancing down the street singing, "Sunrise, Sunset, Sunrise. Sunset, doo dah, doo dah, day. She kept telling her mom that when she grew up and got married she wanted to dance to that song."

My body quivered. Try as I might to fight it, I started to cry, and ran out of the room.

"Mike? Mike sweetie? What's wrong? Are you ok?" Ellen was calling as she followed me into the living room.

I got myself under control, and said, "I'm sorry. I guess I was thinking of Jenny's problems over the past few months. Besides, that song has always gotten to me."

"Huh," Ellen said. "In all these years, I don't think I've ever seen this super sensitive side of you."

"Well," I answered, "maybe we both have some sides we still need to see. If you don't mind another person in the audience, I think I'll watch that show with you tonight."

"Whoa," she said pulling back in mock surprise. "Watching a musical with me? Maybe this second honeymoon thing is affecting your brain."

Maybe it was. Maybe it was.

(The End)