All Comments on 'The Bridge'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 1,024 Comments (Page 2)
fisheronefisheroneover 8 years ago
Bring them home for holidays

She has seen the valley and the kids have to. Turn back around and bring happiness back in the house. Let her be a servant and earn her way back. If nothing else kids can have continuity for a while. He doesn't have a lover there at this time. If she is serious about wanting to come home put a total custody prenuptial. Story needs another chapter

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. Very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved it

I really enjoyed this. It was a believable story with what I enjoy. Husband horribly humiliated by a hot wife and his reaction that cause her deep regret. Please keep them coming!!

Would have liked a bit more groveling on her part at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good

Hate the story had 2 small children.

Wish they could fix it for them.

But she was cold. Brutal and intentionally humiliated herror husband.

Consider a part 2.

Excellent writing as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Why argue with an animal?

FD45 and the wannabe cucks do not have the intellectual capacity to grasp the concept that some humans can control their emotions. Only a human capable of controlling their emotions can understand it - can't explain the cosmos to someone who believes in a flat earth at the center of the universe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wrong site

Sorry about the pain, but: the kids were the only innocent victims, & they get such short shrift as to make the reader doubt the fathering capabilities of the author. More to the point, the site's called LitEROTICa, presumably for a reason. This didn't even pretend to have an erotic strain. More properly belongs in a Hurting Wives category, which this section has increasingly become. I write about loving wives, but get vastly better scores in any other category than this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@Luedon Are you saying that those suffering endogenous depression are at choice as well?

Or, by extension from your hypothesis, gay and lesbians can and be be "re-programmed" to change their sexual preference, which may be the current thinking in OZ but certainly would be considered heretical in the rest of the world.

You can change behavior but not preference, in my humble opinion.

There are many, such as yourself, that somehow believe that man (ie mankind) has evolved to be able to deal with problems intellectually- The Mr. Spock syndrome. If you look at human beings en toto the vast majority of body functions are hard wired and as much as we may want to shut down those automatic functions, there is little or no peer reviewed data to support the notion that we can.

Palewriter

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The only emotions dear annony has is hate!!!

Tis as hates every story he reads. gave it a 5 to help offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
poor palecuck displaying its stupidity again

it can't even separate a bodily function or a chemical imbalance from solving a rubik's cube.

some of mankind has evolved to deal with problems intellectually, just not all, as your posts prove.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

VOTE 1* FOR EVERY STORY RATED BY THAT TRANNY BITCH FOOL VASTIESMITH2 AKA BONNIETAYLOR2 AKA ANON!

BONNIE/VASTIE'S ONLY EMOTION IS DUMBNESS! OFFSET THIS, CUNT!

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
I don't see where we are disagreeing all that much, luedon

You cite different responses as the 'proof' that hardwiring is not there. I feel this is a bit weak as proof.

A man sees his wife flirt/kiss/fuck another man. Turn the gender around as well. The spouse will, IMO feel a surge of jealousy in almost all cases.

A surge. An emotion. Now, where they take it from there goes to your models of self control Some make the newspaper in a graphic way. Some, like the Sainted Don, will take that surge of jealousy, analyze it, consider it, investigate it, and with an act of will suppress it (or go into denial...the jury is out on that *wink*).

So the 'individual response' is not about the hardwiring. It is purely in the response.

And semantics are quibbles to avoid hard definitions. "Cheating wife' and 'wandering wife' are terms for the same activities, with only a patina of diplomacy to separate the two. All wandering wives cheat...but not every cheating wife wanders back. Venn diagrams.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
5

good read good effort and it pissed off the asshole of LIT dear annoy!

jasonnhjasonnhover 8 years ago
Ended up liking it, mostly

When they got to the lodge the story was feeling bad to me. They were shitting all over him and he didn't seem to have any reaction except pain and misery. It didn't make sense that he would physically assault a house of people who were all against him. He would end up in jail for starting it and beat up anyway. But just suffering felt like a wimp story.

Once his plan started to unfold it got much better. He left them behind, trapped, like they tried to trap him. Further, he continued to extend the traps so the business was destroyed and the divorce was well under way. All the Alphas got burned because of their arrogance.

Now, let's look at Gloria a bit. If his wife was feeling a bit randy and wild, she could have discretely found someone to fuck on the side. Not good but not intentionally damaging to Lyle (beyond the obvious sex). But nooooo. That wasn't good enough for the little slut. She has to lure her husband into a trap where he is humiliated and degraded. Where she faces him off and tells him he has no choice but to watch her fuck the others. What kind of a thing is she that would do that to the husband she "loves"? This is not a mistake. This is an essential corruption of her character, as Lyle notes, her soul..

Even when Gloria discovers he is gone does she rush home to him? Nope, she calls him childish and threatens him. It isn't until Tuesday that they make an effort to leave and find themselves trapped. She stuck around for another couple days to fuck. So much for her "concern". Her husband has left her and she doesn't care.

It's great that Gabe gets wiped out and a few others of the "Alphas" as well. But beyond a divorce, what happens to Gloria? Nothing.

The ending caused me, once again, to wonder if he was a wimp. Along comes Gloria, angry and arrogant still and tells him she felt justified in what she did, even if, in hindsight, maybe it was a mistake. She tells him he is not a saint either. She paints a picture of him alone on Christmas and the kids unhappy. She blames him.

Well let's see. She seems to be rewriting and distorting history. As a reminder, she set him up in a humiliating situation and openly and arrogantly cheated on him. Paula essentially tells him if you are going to be raped, you might as well lay back and enjoy it. He's not a saint? He doesn't cheat on or abuse his wife. He loved her when she wasn't as pretty. He works his ass off to support his family. He's a good father and loves his kids. His business dealings seem pretty above board. It's not wrong to accept more risk in a business although probably not prudent. Is his lack of sainthood due to the occasional drinks he has? Or what? Do you have to be a saint to expect good behavior from your wife? Gloria tries to create a moral equivalency between her arrogant slutiness and whatever trivial misdeeds he has committed. Sorry, no sale. And then Gloria closes as before, threatening his happiness if he won't let her get away with her whoring. If he were to accept it, what price would Glora pay? Wouldn't his acceptance put him right back in the trap of a vile woman who doesn't really love him and fucks around on him?

Yup, the aftermath of a divorce sucks. It's all on Gloria. She created the problem and still wants a free pass. Yes, he has lost some of his happiness. However, he will never find it again with a bitchy slut like Gloria. However, he can start trying to build a better life. He's young enough and reasonably well off. Sounds like he's a good lover as well. There are lots of good (even if not saintly) women out there.

His hangdog demeanor and having "no answer to it" was a wimp out of telling the slut once again that she IS a vicious slut and no one could find happiness with HER.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
No doubt a good story...And a realistic end...

No doubt a good story...And a realistic end..."Only a fling" she said!! True, but one fling that destroyed his belives in love, trust and respect...The question she didn't answered was: "If he had accepted this "fling" would it be a one time thing or would have repeats from time to time?" When she put her husband before a fait accompli, and didn't asked for his consent, she destroyed to the core 16 years of marriage...4*

amyyumamyyumover 8 years ago
This story and its comments cause me to think about LIT scoring and purpose

First, because of this story I forgive the author for lying in the Crime and Punishment Series, which was my biggest disappointment ever on LIT.

Second, anyone who didn't give this story a 5 is not being fair and/or is not looking at the essence of what a LIT story should be.

In my humble opinion, a LIT story should have more than a smidgen of originality, must have a truly sexual theme, must be well written, and most of all must be entertaining. I defy anyone to give a rational argument that this story failed on any of those grounds.

One thing that I constantly see in comments is that "he/she should have acted differently." How does imposing your own idea on how someone should react adversely affect the story. Another thing that I often see is that the commentator didn't like one or more of the characters. IF YOU ALWAYS WANT SOMEONE TO REACT THE WAY THAT YOU THINK THAT THEY SHOULD, AND BE LIKEABLE, WRITE YOUR OWN FUCKING STORY!

Sure, if the male/female aspects of the story were reversed and I was put in the hero's position I would have put a stop to the Gloria/Gabe interaction the night of the Christmas party. If I wasn't successful in doing that I would have declined the mountain sojourn and if my spouse still insisted on going I'd advise him that the locks would be changed when he got back. If I did put my head up my ass and go on the mountain sojourn I would have put a stop to the Gabe/Gloria friskiness in the hot tube. If I somehow went brain dead and didn't put my foot down then, when my husband told me that it was just one weekend and he was fucking the hostess regardless of my feelings I would have told him "Nice knowing you, I'm sure that we'll both be reasonable in splitting our assets and visitation rights," and would have left. Only if he came with me then would there be any hope of a reconciliation, and it would require counseling.

But that's just me. It didn't affect the enjoyment of the story one iota that that is not how our hero acted. How can I possibly mark the story down because I would have acted differently, or most helicopters have more than one seat, or because his ability to squirrel the money away without stealing was unrealistic (ever watch Mission Impossible or Die Hard?), etc.

Just my thoughts.

I was entertained. The author did what he was supposed to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

I am glad you chose for the characters to not forgive and forget. Gloria and Gabe plotted a fait accompli leaving Lyle in the lurch and devestated and sent Paula to run interference. She was in his lap, in his arms and kissing him long before "disscussing" it with her husband. In the end, she had no remorse for her actions, refusing to see that she was cupable and deflecting blame to Gabe and using the lame excuse that she was acting in his best interests. Great story with a justfied and necessary ending. The only thing missing was the fate of Gabe, one can only hope he did not land on his feet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@amyyum re: "WRITE YOUR OWN FUCKING STORY!"

Compelling argument.

And if an author doesn't like negative comments or votes he can go fuck him/herself on some other site or stop writing shit (of the type you write). Also, if you are so worried about scores, maybe you should not insult those who rate you.

RKreaderRKreaderover 8 years ago
wow!

127 comments in 2 days. I wonder if that's a Lit record? You really struck some nerves! Excellent story. If Lyle had been more pro-active there wouldn't have been as much story.

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
Brutal.

I like the way this story played out, you can't undo that weekend or the consequences of my reaction.

Sitting in anothers lap.

Kissing another man as if I didn't exist.

Hand in hand going up to bed, as I watch.

I don't think its lost on anyone that we / I are in the next bedroom.

It was all just a act/ for him.

"Ohh baby its a hard world, its hard to get by on just a smile"

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
Well said Amyyum

I too am fascinated by the comments made by readers who don't like what characters are doing in a story and then suggest what those characters should be doing.

They score the story on the extent that it fits their idea of what it should be rather than what it is and how well it does what it sets out to do.

Like you, I thought 'The Bridge' fulfilled all the requirements for a five star LW story.

L

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story, needs another chapter

I loved your story but would enjoy another chapter where Lyle shows Gloria how much pain there is in infidelity and humiliation, and then either reunites for family values or destroys her for payback on her arrogance and insensitivity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@anyyum, impo, etc.

Okay, you wanted an evaluation of why this story deserves less than a five. I think it deserves no more than a three. First, it’s not original. There is another (at least one) story that I’ve read where the destruction of a bridge plays a central role in in a Loving Wives story. Then, the wife marching in and informing the husband that she intends to sleep with another man and that there's nothing he can do about it has been done thousands of times. The husband's reaction, both initially and eventually, has been done thousands of times.

Second, it’s not erotic. The only real sex scene is between the husband and the wife and it’s very yawn inducing.

Third, it’s very poorly written. In the first paragraph, sentences two, four and five are incomplete sentences. All three lack a subject. There are two missing commas in sentence three of paragraph two. Paragraph three is formed by a paragraph break in the middle of a sentence of paragraph two. Need I go on?

As for entertaining, the story was good. Unfortunately, is was told by someone that has no idea how to write dialog. “You have been a great wife and mother through times that have not been easy.” Who speaks like that, computer controlled automatons? People use contractions when they speak, whenever possible. This story is delivered in a monotone.

It’s a good story, it’s just badly told and written. The quality of the story deserves a four. The execution, the bad writing and awkward style deserves a two. So, it fairly gets a three. There’s your rational explanation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@ luedon & amyyum

YOU AREN'T WRITING FOR A LITERARY AWARD!

Readers will give high ratings to a hot sex scene, an original plot, characters they like. If the plot sucks and the protagonist is an asshole or he acts like an idiot, why the fuck would you expect positve comments?

People here are not critics, they read for their own enjoyment. Wake up, morons!

Lex1Lex1over 8 years ago
@Anonymous

I agree with the structural mistakes that you have mentioned, but I disagree with the fact that it isn't entertaining. As far as the dialogue, I can see people speaking like that. Of course, they would be from an older generation.

As far as the bridge making the story unoriginal, that strikes me a little absurd. That means that every setting that a story takes place in and every device in the story makes it unoriginal. No one else is allowed to have a character drive a mustang (Stangstar). No woman is allowed to grovel to get her husband back (Every LW story). No husband is allowed to be a big shot DA (Daniel Steele).

A lot of superheroes wear capes. That doesn't make them a knockoff of Superman. Every spy movie is not copying Jason Bourne. Every show about Demons is not ripping off Supernatural. Plot devices are a limited resource, and can be used more than once.

I have to respect that you at least have reasons why you scored the way you did. The technical mistakes that you mentioned are fair. For me, they weigh less on how I score a story. Since this is an amateur site, I expect to see some flaws. For me, entertainment outweighs them. If they don't detract from the story itself, I don't care about them. I feel as though I couldn't do any better, and I respect the authors who put their talent on the line for ridicule so that I can be entertained for 10-20 minutes.

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
Fair enough, anonymous

You have identified structural faults in the story which I overlooked on reading through. I tend to read and judge the story on how it engages me rather than the fine structural details. As others have said, it is an erotic site, not a literary contest.

But I take your point nonetheless. Structural perfection is a worthy aim in any story.

L

keystone00000keystone00000over 8 years ago
i like it

I liked the story. Please write a chapter 2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Finally!

I have loved your stories and your characters but have always hated that your stories ended with the main character being a spineless wimp who lets his wife fuck around with no consequences and stays with her.

Finally, you have a guy who won't put up with her shit! I loved it, gave a five and would have given it more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Follow up chapters

RichardGerald is a Top 5 author in this genre.

Could please a lot of readers with further chapters. More on the interesting relationships with Lyle and Gloria and Lyle and his partner.

dsthom1954dsthom1954over 8 years ago
And So.....

This is a well written story. And one that I'd like to see a second chapter to. As written it seems a very one sided view of things. I don't know any relationship that was 16 years and counting, that could be so ideal for the husband, and so one sided in his response to the wife's infidelities. Taking the BTB concept to heart. No where were the children's best interest taken into account. But hey, maybe chapter two will work some of those issues out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No more possible to explain a sunset to a blind man

than explain the basis of emotions like jealousy to laypersons like fd45.

All emotions have an innate component but social pressures and cognitive adaptation determine how different humans respond to different situations, so some emotions are barely even triggered depending on several factors such as culture.

The idea that some wasp definition of what causes jealousy and what natural reaction is the norm is laughable and ignorant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I also gave a 5 star. Very good story.

One of the best I've read on this website.

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4over 8 years ago
Please do not end this story like 'Jail Breaking' with 'On The Lam'

So what was it - her motivation for the fling with Gabe? Did she want to advance her husband's prospects with Gabe (i.e., prostitute herself)? Did she want to capture the fantasy of being the pretty girl with the prince rather that the fat girl settling for the average guy? In the end she offered a fractured family over no family together as a pragmatic solution which was the choice what she told him about spending the night with Gabe. She throws him a bone - a blowjob the night before and then proceed to act like she is Gabe's. She made it very clear with the following exchange:

"Do I have a choice?" I said.

"Not really, it's decided. I'm just telling you, so you know," she said.

If there is a second part please let Kyle retain some dignity. Outstanding story - Thanks!

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 8 years ago
Great 5 star story

However I just want to point out one little thing. Gas weighs 7lbs per gallon and if he were to carry 20 gallons so you were saying he carried 140 lbs. around. A little much I think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
ShittySaddleSore incoherent as always

Stop blathering about stuff you know nothing about.

You are a Virgin Going Your Own Way, stopping only to smoke a cock and swallow something slippery. You are free to discuss the proper way to perform fellatio or whether being a catholic priest or boy scout troop leader gave you more opportunities to practice.

Marriage and grown-up relationships are out of your arena of experience so STFU.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Some of the comments are interesting, especially those that argue that the husband should have proactively confronted his wife when he saw things progressing toward her sleeping with the boss. However, one of the attractive parts of the LW category is that stories play on the fears of husbands that their wives might find someone else they like better. Husbands need the attention of their wives to reassure them.

A scenario like this one plays into that insecurity. Given that, it is realistic that the husband would see the wife's actions as a complete rejection and just walk away. Whether or not her partial justification that she did it under duress to help hubby keep his job is true, he saw it as her finally rejecting him. He needs her to want him. When he sensed that she didn't anymore, he walked away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
SlipperySaddleBum is correct

And Annoy 1/25/16 is a couple of clowns short of a circus. He was absolutely correct in expecting his wife to remain true to him. 'I was a virgin when we got married and loved all the attention' is a shitty statement and nothing but crap to try to justify her fucking up her marriage. When she said she was spending the night with the asshole, he should have told her absolutly NO and that he would divorce her if she did. Dumping her is the only choice he has to keep his self respect. Without it she will keep doing the same thing to him and he'll be doing it all over again.

DB71DB71over 8 years ago
Points of view

Everyone has their own point of view. Even in a marriage, spouses have POVs that differ. Also, very few spouses really communicate. Oh sure, they talk. But usually it's only the superficial stuff that gets said. Not the deep desires, feelings, wants. Only a few couples really tell the things that leave their hearts and souls bare and open to judgement. So when I read this story, I'm not surprised by the lack of communication, but I don't the wife's POV, so I have a hard time understanding the reasons why Gloria treats him the way she does. There's no foundation for her behavior . So the story feels off. I think it would have been better if you had put in scenes exposing Gloria's rationale for her actions.

icebreadicebreadover 8 years ago
Yep...

five from me

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
re: amyyum's comment on previous stories by RG

I too was disappointed by his endings of previous stories.

But I have a differing opinion on this.

I firmly expect a follow-up story in which he wimps out and takes her back.

That's just RG"s style.

RandallRRandallRover 8 years ago
Good effort, needs a sequel Ch2.

I've enjoyed this writer and his other submissions, but like others felt your stories build really well then fluff at the end. The plotline and tension in this were very good, and I agree that 'Lyle' should have given her a clear ultimatum back the night before after the blowjob. What 'man' who sees the obvious crap developing (obvious after the wife acknowledges the weekend invite) doesn't strongly intervene and lay the law down hard? A problem with the plotline was that it tried to show that scene where wifey told him what would be happening and took his response as tacit permission - utter rubbish both fiction and in reality. Anyone in a sixteen marriage with teenage kids would go ballistic - that's reality but sure, this is fiction but not very plausible. Alternate ending - after the bridge burns good ole Gabe and wifey are charging down the mountain in his Cayenne whatever, and don't see the bridge out until its too late, and meet their maker. Tsk Tsk. Lyle picks himself up, gets on with life with a new squeeze, all quite ok and its BTB. Extreme sure, but this is fiction and its plausible!!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
twenty gallon?

AFAIK they don't make twenty gallon gas cans, because they would weigh too much to hold for filling a gas tank.

Five gallons or twenty liters (about the same thing) are common and about all most people can hold up to fill a motorcycle or snow machine or other motorsports vehicle gas tank.

But if he was carrying twenty gallons of gasoline I would not want him angry with me.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
can't make a fuss?

Paula says: "You can't make a fuss because you work for the man."

A con job or ignorance?

By telling his employees wife that the employee will advance if she has sex with the employer, the employer has committed sexual harassment.

But is a lawsuit a fuss?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"And I firmly expect a closeted comment from Tw0CuCks"

I'll see your comment and raise a half-dozen comments from Tw0CuCks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I had to add a comment.

I think that the author tried to convey that she had so little respect for her husband that she thought that he'd trade her fidelity for continued monetery success, and thus sacrifice his honor. She also got a boost to her ego, now being desirable to other men. Being unfaithful is one thing, but flaunting his cuckoldry in front of others and expecting him to accept it is the ultimate betrayal. Maybe I'd like a sequel, but we can all compose our own ending because I'm not sure where the author would take it, especially concerning the children. I'd rather leave it to my imagination, and await another story from this author, and his interesting take on marital relations, and his interesting female characters.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
annoying anonymouses

Such punkass little bitches that they are too cowardly to have a name.

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4over 8 years ago
Comment on some Comments

When I read some of the comments justifying the wife's actions the question that struck me - Did these people read this story? Gloria totally ambushed her husband about what was going to happen that weekend. Lyle knew that Gabe wanted to fuck his wife. But he did not know she had been talking with Gabe about that weekend. That first night Lyle was supposed to go to bed and Gloria and Gabe were to start their fun. When he ruined that night then she threw him a bone - a blowjob which she seldom did for him. The next day she played all day with Gabe not giving him the time of the day. She characterized the weekend as fun that she deserved for her hard work. She had bought a bikini for the occasion to show off her body. Every action at the lodge including the invitation had been designed to put Lyle in his place including Paula's presence. Hell, Gabe did not even get Kyle a Hooker he could fuck while he fucked his wife. What is clear is that Gloria had lost all respect for Lyle and she was trading up because they all had the same script - it was just a weekend. Anyone who believes that really does not understand human nature. Once Lyle accepted his role as a cuckold she would have been free to be with whoever whenever she wanted with no say from him..

I disagree with those commentators who believe that Lyle would have faced arson charges. First, the bridge was a private one built just to access the Lodge. Police in that part of country would not waste time trying to run down an out of state suspect who was a guest of a rich guy - whose insurance would cover damages. No one was hurt and they did not know the bridge was gone until Monday afternoon. Assuming Lyle left Saturday night why would Lyle be the only suspect? If questioned he would just say he left after it was clear that his wife preferred Gabe over himself hence the divorce. He was not violent during his visit so why would he burn the bridge? What would be the point since for anyone at the Lodge the loss of the bridge would only be an inconvenience. Lyle could always argue that he had reason to leave the bridge in place just in case his wife came to her senses when she found out that he had left.

Note the time from Sunday to Tuesday. After Lyle left he got 4 calls from Gloria and 2 calls from Gabe that Sunday. Now whatever Gloria thought that she had Lyle's ok with regarding her actions Saturday night she had to know that Lyle was not on board being a cuckold. What did she do? Nothing except call her parents to expect her wimp husband to pick up the kids Monday and ask them to have him call her. Why did she not try to leave Sunday? Because as she stated in her message Monday morning he was acting childish. On Tuesday Gabe arranged his departure and he became aware of the financial problems at the company. Party time was over with Gabe so she no longer tried to call Lyle from Tuesday to her arrival late Friday night. Even months later she still tried to blame him for the separated family and everyone else at the Lodge were innocent victims to Lyle's actions.

The fact is that the only mistake Gloria made was to miscalculate how Lyle would react to her taking Gabe as a lover. Her attitude was summarize as by her statement "Then Gabriel came along and things seemed to get better. He was everything a woman wants in a man. For once the prince wanted me". How anyone cannot see that the weekend was about Lyle accepting his role as a cuckold which he refused to go along with much to their surprise Gloria was a consenting adult so any violent action Lyle would have been stupid. She would have placed a restraining order on him and got full custody of the kids. Lyle would have been arrested and fired no matter how much Gabe 'liked' him. Lyle was in a no win position thanks to his wife. Even if he takes her back it is clear that she would resent him for ruining her one chance to be the pretty girl with the prince.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"Lyle was in a no win position thanks to"

being a beta - like another comment said, if you see your self in the protagonist then you are a beta and have the same limitations of thought/action that all betas have.

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 8 years ago
Bravo!

for writing a complete story with drama, plot, tension, and justice. Most of the cuck stories here allow for a bull to humiliate the husbands and turn the wife into sluts. And the hubby is alright with that? No way. Your story had a guy with balls and I loved it. It had justice. Without justice how can the story be enjoyable, complete? Oh, you can have a retelling of events, or some fetish fantasy, but not a good story. I am not moralizing here. I don't care if people are swingers or cuckolds, I just want them to dig deeper and write a better story. A story where a man hides in a closet and watch his wife cheat with anyone she wants is not a story. It is incomplete. There is no tension (except he might get caught) just a thin plot and no justice.

I believe that it is possible to write a good cuckold story. (JPB just did) Most of reason I hate cuck stories is because the writers are either lazy or too caught in the cuck fantasy to do real work. They believe we are ALL into their fetish and simply skip some of the steps in making the story complete.

Your story is terrific and I give it full marks. Thank you for your LW community service. * * * * *

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
TW0cr0ws, the plural of mouse is ?

So surely what we have is a plague of anonymice?

L

Ps: Not intending to hurt too many feelings, but it does help when conversations develop in the comments column if a commentator can be addressed as something other than 'anonymous', especially when more than one anonymous enters that conversation. We are all anonymous in our own way, so it doesn't hurt to register a name.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Tw0CuCks is your real name?

Holy shit, that must've been a riot in school - no wonder you stopped going by the 5th grade.

When you sign with 2 forms of government issued ID, then you're not anonymous, asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
TwOcrOws is wrong !

They do make 20 gallon gas tanks, I own one. They are made special order usually for boat owners. The come with wheels and you can buy a special cradle for the bed of a truck. When gas at the Marina costs 4 bucks a gallon, it doesn't take one long to find a "better" way ! Are they heavy when loaded, yes, but the built in dolly feature and using ramps I can load mine in my truck by my self !

Just because a reticulated snake has never bitten you on your big Ass, doesn't mean that they don't exist !

And why is everyone going Apeshit over realism in reguards to this story ? Fiction means just what it says !

ken philipsken philipsover 8 years ago
I don't buy it

Your so-called hero would have went to jail - no question for both the arson & the financial destruction of the business. His behaviour in not responding to calls; the evidence that would have been left at both sites - no brainer for any half decent copper.

He would NOT have got custody - she would have.

For a PhD in child psychology, she was pretty dumb or may it was the case that she was truly over him & this was her way to really test him. But then she came back at the end?

Communication was virtually non-existant between them. It was a doomed marriage already.

Gabe was too shallow.

Real end to this if it did happen was that she got the kids & the $, & probably a new hubby that hopefully she actually loved & communicated with; he spends 10 years being butt fucked in jail where the dipshit belongs; & Gabe goes onto his next scam.

3 stars for trying - agree the conversation was far too stilted to be real.

Ken

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
I agree with amyyum and luedon on one issue

Just because one of the characters doesn't act the way YOU think it should happen does not make it a bad story. That is part of what makes a fascinating story: to read about a person acting in an atypical manner.

So this story reminds me of 'Her Itch' which had a one way open relationship. Do I agree with the actions of the man? No. It seems rather unhealthy but who hasn't done stupid things for a woman (or a man)? So it was an entertaining read not despite him acting in a way I disapprove of, but BECAUSE he acted in a way I disapprove of.

This was well written, entertaining and engaging. It had reasonably pacing (something RG is still working on). The ending is sufficient. What is not to like?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hysterical amnesia FD45? Alzheimers?

Taking issue with and critiquing the actions and reactions of protagonists as being different than your own is the core basis for your and your sycophant's estimation of many LW stories. In this very thread you comment "If my wife came up to me and said..., I...would have to wonder at how incredibly stupid she was."

Now, if your last comment is indicative of a change in perspective or evolution of thought, great, but know that any kind of revisionist history is not going to fly with the non-closet cases who have read your many responses to dozens/hundreds of stories here, responses rife with criticism for characters not acting the way you would.

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
Well Done*****

I like the way everything went down!!! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Need a chapter 2

Good writing and the humiliation shown makes what he did the right thing. A second chapter could tie up all the loose ends concerning their future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Five Stars

You reap what you sow.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 8 years ago
Comenters you say he should have confronted his boss and wife

Exactly what would be the point? His wife was committed to hanging the horns on him while he was climbing the mountain, really talking to and planning the weekend with his boss was enough. Once he came back it was already over.

I thought the revenge was pretty sweet, the man totally destroyed, the wife, well just go fuck yourself.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Yep, I'm a hypocrite. Next!

I do comment if I find the reactions of the characters unrealistic.

Sometimes versus normal human beings. More frequently against THE CHARACTERS THE AUTHOR WROTE.

For example, if Matt wrote about a milquetoast who is constantly beaten up, who knuckles under to harsh looks, or who cries like a little girl...and then he is a martial arts master without a transition? Yeah. I am calling bullshit.

AND if I do find a character unrealistic, that is a POINT against the story, not a reason to throw a 1 bomb. I have read several stories, where the characters behaved RADICALLY against what I found credible.

Ohio's "What did I do wrong' is a perfect example. I didn't LIKE the actions of the husband or wife. Did I believe it? As much as I could. And again, the fact I didn't like the characters did not take away from the beautiful writing or the emotional manipulation the story offered.

So I try not to let one element create the entire score of a story...nor do I score stories which make me upset.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Doesn't anyone find wife's behavior 'strange' ?

I mean, a wife goes to her husband and TELLS him (not even asks) that she is going to fuck another man for the night? Does that sound normal to you, people?

I can understand cheating, but if a wife acts with such a level of cruelty and disrespect towards her husband I would expect that she hates his guts and has divorce papers ready for him!

But nooooooo!!! She LOVES HIM and can't understand why he wants a divorce! She blames HIM for destroying the family! What the fuck? Which planet do you come from, lady?

And some idiots call this good writing? I don't know, maybe in some kind of fantasy world it would make sense. For me, it's just fucking stupid. 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
4*s

Another story that generates large amounts of commentary and discussion.

I don't know how you do it Richard Gerald, you are a real credit to this site. Speaking about that, you should look to selling your efforts in the publishing world. Even though I would miss your stories here. You really need to get paid for using your talent.

Gave you 4*s. The wife really wasn't developed enough to explain her behavior. The conversations with Paula were so obtuse, they remind me of a comedy show where I totally miss all the 'inside' humor between the characters.

Thank you for a fascinating story.

AMerryman

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago

I don't know why anyone is surprised that the violent, misogynist little anon trolls of this section only judge a story by whether they agree with the characters' actions. That's literally all Loving Wives has turned into at this point, five stars for a story if a man is violent or seeks revenge or shows no emotion and is a generic 'tough' guy, one star for any story with depth or complexity where a man shows emotion or pain or where a woman is painted as the unequivocal evil one in a divorce. There is literally no middle ground for these people, I doubt they even know stories can rank anywhere between one and five.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 8 years ago
Fascinating

Just a few flaws. Cell phone service at the mountain top lodge seemed to be a sometimes thing - or was there a landline?

Also, Gloria remained still a stunning woman and would have had no problem attracting other men now. So - why still so hung up on her "loser" (low status - worker drone) husband?

But the basic plot rings very true in line with the Lucifer Principle (book by Howard Bloom).

Power corrupts...and Gloria's rise in social "pecking order" status caused by her own fitness and beauty work corrupted her - (as Lyle realized with that "her soul" remark.) Her new found "power" corrupted her TO demean her own husband - and even IF her cries of pleasure were "false" and only to please her new much higher pecking order man, she knew her cries were even further diminishing her own husband. This new dynamic doomed the marriage in a new "Catch-22" way. Lyle leaving her was the ONLY way he regained enough pecking order status himself to regain Gloria's respect - but Lyle taking her back quickly puts her on top again and she WOULD inevitably cheat again.

The Lucifer Principle is a tricky thing when everyone knows and recognizes the basics to start out with. The fact it is NOT widely known and even now purposefully ignored is why there ARE so many "loving wives" sad tales in here - and life in general right now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Stop preaching an moaning, frontSHIT!

Of course people rate stories by the actions of the characters. What do you think most people rate on an amateur porn site? The writing style?

And it has not one fucking thing to do with LW or the BTB crowds or the women-haters, but that's the only bullshit you always bitch about. If you hate the people here so much why don't you go moralizing elsewhere, little prick?

Comment on the story or go fuck yourself. Annoying little whiner.

HcopHcopover 8 years ago
A good story...

... in almost every aspect. I would prefer a bit more detail on the emotional state of the characters as the story progresses.

A weak point exists IMO in the suspension of disbelief. Sure, a story about ordinary people doing ordinary things is not a story worth telling. But you can't have extraordinary circumstances AND almost every character behaving extraordinarily. Not many bosses set things up like Gabe, not many many characters like Paula exist, not many places like this mountain lodge with a wooden bridge as the only means to get there, not many wives that think its ok to take a lover in front of their husband, without any previous indication that he is willing to share, telling him - not asking and not many husbands who would passively watch the proceedings without explicitly telling their wife HELL NO you can't do that !

The old untraceable-for-weeks-account ploy also not very believable. How do you move 20 mil from a bank account to another and keep the transaction secret after the next working day of the bank?

However if someone manages to suspend disbelief, this is one of the best stories to appear lately in this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
3 stars

Was good, but I feel it should have been a page or two longer. Ending, or lack thereof felt rushed and convoluted. I didn't care for the hint at reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The true test of the quality of a story is the number and variety of the comments.

If the comments are all bad, it's probably not a good story. It's possibly a story only some have an opinion about if all the comments are great. If there are a lot so comments, and they're both positive and critical, the story's probably good, or at least controversial, and worth reading. One commentor stated that the characters don't act like real people, and thus rationally. I think real people act irrationally all of the time, and while stories on this site are often not the way most people act most of the time, if most people didn't act irrationally some of the time, we wouldn't have as much infidelity or as many weird stories in the news every day as we do. Here, I think that the author set it up so that the wife selfishly threw away the marriage, because if Kyle had accepted her dalliance with his boss, their status would have been set for the future, bitch, bull and cuckold, with the boss regularly partaking of the wife's charms in the future. Although not expressed, I think that Kyle knew this either consciously or subconsciously. Thus the end of the marriage was at hand either way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Until you punish someone other than the wife and children and our hero, this will get a-1. I will wait to give you time to really punish the cunt that was there to make sure husband stayed out of the way and the others too. Obviously this was not the first time and getting his 20 million back and being able to start over after bk was no payback at all.

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
A considered contribution from Frontlinecaster

Well said sir. I believe that it is sad but true that many readers of LW stories base their scores on how successfully a 'wronged' husband wreaks revenge and retribution on the wandering wife and/or the man to whom she wandered. Depth of character development and exploration of motives is not rewarded in these readers scores.

I can only recommend Twistedsickmind's 'The One Bomber' as reading for these people and hope that they may recognise themselves. (It's in Humor and Satire).

L

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
If you don't know me by now ( You will never never never know me) - Lyle's theme song

All the things that we've been through

You should understand me like I understand you

Now baby I know the difference between right and wrong

I ain't gonna do nothing to upset our happy home

If you don't know me by now (If you don't know me)

You will never never never know me (You'll never, never know me)

If you don't know me by now(If you don't, if you don't know me baby)

You will never never never know me(No you won't)

We've all got our own funny moods

I've got mine, woman you've got yours too

Just trust in me like I trust in you

As long as we've been together it should be so easy to do

Just get yourself together or we might as well say goodbye

What good is a love affair

when we can't see eye to eye

-- Lyle had a core set of principles. It wasn't perfect and was elastic hence the nonreaction to heated kiss at Christmas party and unequal oral sex reciprocity in his carnal life. He never would have conceived of hurting her as she did him. Lyle also had great contempt for those in Gabe's class. Gloria didn't understand that at the lodge and still didn't in their closing scene. that in Lyle's mind , she revealed herself as one of 'them'.

He would no more couple with her then a scorpion. Much akin to a scorpion, Gloria was utterly bewildered why Lyle reacted as he did. She and Gabe were ' special ' for that weekend . Gabe had that status due to money and looks and she had earned the same with her obsessive workout regime and exemplary work ethic.

Lyle clearly didn't comprehend then, now or ever . , it was best for all concerned that he stand aside like the peasants did when Nobles claimed ' the right of first night ' with brides . Lol

Thanks to previous comment by justbobkc giving heads up about 'Lucifer Principle'.

'

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@Luedon After all of this and your stories and you still don't get it

She reaped the whirlwind. Gabe got what he deserved. Retribution? She threw away her marriage. He gave her a chance in the moment and she chose to throw him away and now, in your mind it's his fault.

No wonder you and FLC get along so famously. You don't believe in taking responsibility for anything and blaming others. Now poor little FLC will go whining to Laurel to complain that we are being mean to him what with his mental condition and everything and then claim that everybody supports rape. If you and Don split maybe you can let him live in your basement or maybe you don't have to split but make sure he has ALL of his meds because no amount of therapy in the world will ever be able to polish that shit.

Zero respect at this point.

palewriter

Lex1Lex1over 8 years ago
@anonymous Pale "writer"

Now you're throwing shit from the shadows? Wow.

The fact that you keep hanging on in this hub that you "hate" says a lot about you. At least you gave up the pretense of being an intelligent person with something to say. No more whiny arguments about sexual dysfunctions. Now you just throw shit. Lol.

I said I wasn't going to pick on you anymore, but then you just drop another rung on the "respect ladder" and I can't help it. You're so pathetic they should hold a telethon and take up donations for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is the last comment I'll make on this story.

The only possible sequel would be for her to tell her side of the story, and what could have possibly been going through her mind as she first humiliated, and then cuckolded him in front of others with his boss, and the future implications of her actions. Maybe it could be ended with her plan to win him back, somehow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
gotta pity poor "palecuck"

FLC has really gotten under that idiot's skin - never seen a guy cry so much while wearing a XL size tinfoil hat. Most pathetic posts I've ever seen here, and that is saying a lot.

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
Re: This is the last comment I'll make on this story.

How will we know, Anonymous?

L

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
rating stories

Anytime a reviewer rates any story a large part of their scoring is what is known as: "Appeal to Reviewer"

If your fetish is scat then a fresh fragrant turd is something you will rate highly, to the rest of us it's nowhere near as welcome.

If you only rate on technical aspects then others deride you as a "grammar Nazi".

Amateur reviews that is what the comments are meant to be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Tw0CuCks spotlights the wannabe cuckolds

Readers who like scat are reading scat stories, just like readers who like cheating wives are reading cheating wives stories - the only difference is that some cheating-wife-lovers are in the closet and leave nasty comments to assuage their shame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'll admit, I come here to enjoy the Hot Wife / Cuckold stories

But this story was so well written, it threw cold water on my humiliation fantasies, and lit a fire to my ego. Once the wife said, ''Not really, it's decided. I'm just telling you, so you know,'' I was waving my newly acquired BTB flag at a fast and furious pace.

I agree that the arguments regarding how the plot <i>should</i> have gone are petty and illogical. The writer wrote what he felt, and made ME feel it, which is testimony to his skills as a writer.

My only gripes are technical. Far too many punctuation errors, in the form of periods where there should have been question marks, commas where they didn't belong, and no commas where they did belong. I've said this before, with a story of this caliber, these errors are like flies walking on a gourmet meal I was just served. Please get an editor or proofreader for your next effort.

That said, I hope there's a next effort! Thanks for a story that made me feel, and apparently made a lot of others feel something too. Great job!

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago

The thing is, if you're actually reading stories for a good story, the topic or whether you like the main character doesn't have to be all that matters. I have read stories by BTB authors that I have enjoyed, if you dig through old comments on Stangstar and Finishthedamnstory tales you'll find some compliments from me when I thought either of them had a good tale. This story I thought felt a bit rushed, but I liked parts of it, even if it's not a story I think belongs on this section of a porn site.

But the anons? The morality police like Palewriter and Zed? They don't read stories to enjoy a good tale. They read stories to work out whatever issues they have with an ex-wife or ex-gf or just with women in general. So literally all they care about is 'did something bad happen to a dumb cheating cunt?' Then five stars!!! Excellent work, best author of the year!! All the awards!!

So literally anything else, be it cuckold or swinging, or reconciliation (I love how that's a dirty word here, as though any two people ever finding peace after a fight is such a negative thing, these must be the kind of neo-con types who think all diplomacy is a sign of weakness) or even just not enough revenge, like this story, gets an author blasted as a faggot cuckold wimp. If a man simply walks away, the anons come out in force to yell and scream about why he didn't beat his wife to a pulp and murder anyone. Because they don't want stories, they want to jack off to violence and death. Because it's the only thing that makes them feel better about their sad, lonely, loveless little lives.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 8 years ago
I liked it and it could have gone ....

... a couple different ways. The characters and situation as you closed the story could have them reconnecting if you chose to have them do it or build their lives in a different direction. People generally don't divorce for the one offs and if they do, I think it is the husband who initiates the severing. Women tend to be more forgiving because of emotional ties while men struggle with the blow to the ego.

Good story.

Thanks

MFH

Zed56Zed56over 8 years ago
I Enjoyed This Story

No one was killed or.maimed in the story as FLC seems to think.Just a hubby who didn't like the idea of his faithful wife sleeping with his boss. His reaction was a bit over the top but well placed in this plot.Thanks author a good read.As for you FLC

You need a life dude and I think just once it would be nice to hear you say something about the story instead of the commenters.Did you read it? Probably not. More fun to throw rocks fromantic your basement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No one was killed or.maimed in the story as FLC seems to think

Poor Zed the Ped, letting its penchant for adding facts to a story carry over to adding facts to FLC's comment. That's called projection, Pedo.

Stupidity, dementia, illiteracy, or whatever your problem is, your history of comments clearly show that you rate stories on outcome, not craft.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
One hundred ninety six comments so far

Congratulations.

Granted, if you took out all the comments with the word 'cuck' in it, would you even have 50?

I liked the story even with the plot holes and SOD problems. Thanks.

eightytuneseightytunesover 8 years ago
No Way Out

Gloria as has been shown in SO MANY STORIES needs to be admired. Look around and see the older women trying to compete with the hot young chicks... trying to be appealing... trying to be MILFs.

Gabe the Shark had to be put DOWN HARD for taking away his marriage. Lyle couldn't survive the DECEPTION so he struck at those responsible. But the kids suffered too.

Sadly, no one won. BUT a hint of continuation here?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"if you took out all the comments with the word cuck"

If you took out all the comments by closet cucks you'd only have a dozen....

phil2213phil2213over 8 years ago
No revenge????

No ending and no real revenge against the wife. The protagonist was a wimp and he should've had a conversation with his wife prior to the crossing of the bridge and the wife committing to going prior to a formal discussion with her husband. It my opinion, this critical element killed this story. The divorce should've happened prior to this weekend event in which the wife totally betrayed her marriage. Not my cup of tea, the manner in which this author crudely presented his protagonist as a wimpy loser. If I could rate this less than one , I would've. My personal feeling is this story should've been more appropriately included in the fetish category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
When you see the four "?" in the title...

You know a wannabe cuck is gettin' his dander up!

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago
Zed zed zed...

It's okay, I know reading is hard. What with all those words, and all that punctuation! You can be forgiven for not noticing where I did comment on the story. Or where I never said this was a story of violence. My point is that the very lack of violence is why you are seeing anons come out of the wood works to call this a 'wimp' or 'raac' tale despite it not being either of those. They literally can't stand a story that, even if it should give them everything they want, doesn't actually involve any physical violence.

I think most of the anons here are the kind of woman hating, MRA virgins who are one or two steps away from going out and getting a gun to go on a rampage against the 'sluts' and 'alphas' or whatever the hell it is they always rant about. While guys like Zed and Palewriter enable them, because god forbid anyone say anything bad about their little anon fans (half of whom are probably palewriter and zed trying to make themselves look good by having people agree with them, that's why palewriter made an anon comment, signed it, but forgot to log back in after whatever anon comment he had been making).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
frontlinecaster - who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Or are you always this fucked up? Get back on your meds, dickwad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
poor flc

the stupid troll only comes here to read the comments, not the stories! and he's always whining about the same shit. EVERY FUCKING DAY! GET LOST, MORON!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
frontlinecaster is just a frustrated asshole.

He admitted posting stories here under a different name and is probably mad because the cuck-haters give him shitty ratings.

So he comes here and bashes the readers using a different alias. And he has the face to call other people cowards.

cpetecpeteover 8 years ago
Long set up

but well worth it in the end. As IRL no real winners -but lots of losers , just to different degrees.

NIce tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Some people read too much into a story and like to tear it apart.

The median of the IQ scale is 100. This means that 50% of the population is above 100 and 50% are below 100. After reading the comments on this excellently written story, I surmise that a majority of those readers who like the story have IQ's well above 100 and those who who hate or want to tear it apart have IQ's well below 100. People, it's just a story, get over it! Don't suggest that an author revise a story to fit your personal feeling about the plot. The story is what it is. You should analysis the story based on what the author was trying to covey to the readers.

And as for those who think that a wife couldn't do this, well I have seen it first hand. She lost him when he first came back and saw her sitting on Gabe's lapping kissing him and she didn't stop. She had already cheated on him! He was gone for the entire morning hiking. She rubbed it into his face that she would sleep with Gabe that night. There was no going back to her.

This guy is a lawyer so he knows everything about how a criminal case is prepared. So there would be no evidence found by the police if they went looking. There is no gas can found with his fingerprints on it. There are no eye witnesses. They are out in the middle of no where so the only helicopter in the immediate area is one of those old two person bugeye ones. They are in a box canyon with vertical sides that you can't even climb out of it which is cut off by a very deep ravine at its opening. A nice place which is very secluded. Why do some people like to cut up the story that they are reading, oh ya, IQ's well below 100 so they don't understand the author's written story. Oh, they like to give their opinion on how the story should have been written to appease their brains!

sinsational83sinsational83over 8 years ago
Not too bad.

This story of yours happens to be pretty good. It was well thought out, put together quite well, it was well written, and it was entertaining, and was well worth the 4 stars I gave it. That being said the only fault I have found with it was the ending. But since you left it like that, it causes me to have hope for a sequel to this story. There's a lot of room for you to do that. So please write one. Anyway as it stands now it was a pretty good story. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I spent the middle third of this story furious.....

.....at the stupid and obvious setup he let himself fall into.

Most rational people would see the set up upon arrival and excuse themselves before the damage could be done, or an acceleration would occur if wifey chose to stay. Either way, it would not have been such an obvious and shameful manipulation.

I keep looking for the evil our hero did anywhere in this. I don't see that he carries blame for anything she accuses him of.

Put in his position, I would likely have been far less clever, but infinitely more destructive.

In the end, you succeeded in engaging so well, I became emotionally involved in our hero's situation and responses to it.

In all, I liked it.

Need to tighten up your technicals, but nothing big or blatant enough to mention.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
IQ over 100

Our hero comes back from a hike to find his wife sitting on his boss' s lap wearing a string bikini and locked in a passionate kiss. What does he do? He gets lunch and returns to find her naked with the boss in a jacuzzi. Then he takes a nap and sleeps through dinner. While warming up leftovers his wife tells him she is going to spend the night with his boss. Our hero sneaks away with a unique 20 gallon gas can and sets a bridge on fire that can be seen for miles and abandons the can when he drops off his rental car. He then goes to the office and commits financial vandalism which causes the business to fold. How hard would it be to prosecute him? Not very hard.

People are convicted of murder every day on circumstantial evidence. The unusual gas can would be recovered and there may be witnesses. He had the motive and opportunity. Ask the Oregon ranchers doing mandatory 5 years if arson of federal property is serious. In response to an earlier comment, there's no temporary insanity in the US. You are either insane or not.

My problem with the story is the man never stood up for himself. He was a sneak. The wife character is unbelievable. No one would do this without any hint after a 16 year marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@ IQ over 100

This story, like most in LW, is not intended for people with IQs over 100.

If you're looking for a 100+ IQ story, try SirThopas.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years ago
I liked this story and it is certainly worthy of the high marks I gave it.

I do have one small criticism. I would never have included the line where the boss tells him he had talked to wife and she was excited about going to the cabin. To hear your boss say he called your wife would have sent up a boat load of red flags to anyone. From that moment on he was complacent as best.

If he had confronted them at that time he may have lost his job but he'd still have his family. His reaction, or lack there of, to his boss's confession about taking to his wife over the phone kind of ruined it for me. I think it would have made a stronger case if that line had been left out of the story.

Like I said, I still like it a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To the Anonymous SirThopas fan

For "intelligent" stories read SirThopas? If you consider gore porn intelligent, then by all means.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@ laptopwriter

Protagonist's are either men of action (see Winterfrog, et al) who immediately make moves to protect their family, or men of re-action who passively let the fox in the coop (this story).

So, readers respond by either pointing out the failure of a man to actively protect what is his (people like you) or commenters who insist it is the wife who must protect the family (FD45, et al).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous