All Comments on 'The Bridge'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 1,025 Comments (Page 4)
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
@ last insipid comment

On unofficial behalf of the author , I can confidently postulate your chances of getting an answer will increase exponentially if you can confess what exactly it is in your anonymous, silverback posture that you have struck as a commentator that compels you to read the stories of an alleged milksop. This might not be as simple as you think your query is. I shan't hold my breath. Cheers to you , my Magilla anon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Illusion

In an email to sequel writer, Gerald basically took the position that a wife could have sex with a powerful politician and her husband would accept that dalliance because of the social standing of her lover.

For someone as smart as Lyle to have held on to his illusion so long is befuddling. All blue collar people are aware of the different rules for the rich and powerful. Chappaquidick comes readily to mind.

He liked Gabe until Gabe took his wife. He had to know something was up after New Year's party.

For those who defend Gloria and desire a reconciliation because after all she just made one mistake, I disagree. A mistake is forgetting to put the gas cap back on after fueling up your vehicle.

She plotted , planned and engaged in an insidious betrayal out of vanity. Worse she did it in front of others and told him he just had to accept her betrayal.

Well written but no sympathy for Gloria from me

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
Ending?

Piss poor ending!

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
LordSlammdawg and anyone else who is interested

This goes to the nature of 'sacrifice'.

I have a friend who is a big guitar fan. I can't say how good he is, but let's assume for a moment that he is, if not top shelf, at least a high middle drawer.

So one day, he gets the opportunity to actually PLAY for (insert his favorite band here).

However, he will need to spend $3,000 in travel to start the tour, be gone from 3 months, and be away for their anniversary and his kids' birthdays.

Should his spouse sign off on this? It is a 'once in a lifetime opportunity'. But it also costs the family. Or if no kids, at least the spouse.

The wife in this clearly saw that she should be given a pass. That this WAS a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The husband felt this was a deal breaker. That how did he know that she wouldn't pull this same argument out for the NEXT 'once in a lifetime opportunity'?

Should there be a 'free pass' if you got a chance at (insert heartthrob fantasy here)? Well, is it MY heartthrob fantasy or HERS? (No to the later...)

I see her point of view. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it makes for fascinating reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
lordslamdog-10-27

I am not sure who damned Gloria for eternity. Except possibly herself-but she is too narcissistic to damn anyone but her husband.

She chose to intentionally humiliate her husband and do so publically. To giggle and wave while scurrying to her lover's bed, then make sure her husband heard her screams of pleasure are the acts of an insidiously cruel person.

Perhaps she WILL be damned for eternity to suffer the consequences of her long-considered decision-as will her children, perhaps for a time her husband.

The quintessential narcissist she is, for eternity she will refuse to accept or admit she is the sole person responsible for her damnation.

My opinion is, within a year she will be on the arm and in the bed of one of her cherished elite, until of course her physical charms are as withered as her soul

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
the Answer

Of course he is better off without her.

She is a shallow person thnat actively harmed him on an emotional level.

If he is the person who is not her passive pet he can't accept her back.

He is better off to work through the emotions and make a fresh start with the kind of person who would tell the privileged Casanovas.to fuck off when they think they have a right to her ands she to them.

They do exist.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

Most of these are more or less repeats!

If I blame him at all, it’s for not decking Gabe at the Christmas party! He was WAY out of line!

@Anonymous 01/24/16 Re: “She’s Right” – He did NOT give his OK? She asked, “OK?” and he said, “Do I have any choice?” and she said not really. So if he said no she still would have done it, so any ok he might have given her, which he DIDN’T, would have been meaningless!

“He said how hard you worked and how he wanted to reward you” – So Gabe wants to reward him for his hard work, so why does she have to sleep with Gabe for him to get the reward he’s already worked so hard for?

She says she was “putting on an act” and “wanted to be good for him.” – So, you don’t care about being “good” for your husband?

@Charliegutzache Re: “Why?” – Why did he LET it happen? He asked if he had a choice, she said not really, she was just letting him know. So what could he have done to NOT let it happen? If she insisted and he tried to stop her, the others probably would have restrained him!

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
The Thing

The thing about her cheating is that it was really about her aiding and abetting Gabe "get over" on her husband. If she and Gabe had wanted to cheat, they could have done it in secret. By throwing it in his face, it was all about Gabe and her going on a power trip and dominating her husband. What is left out of this story, is that through all the pain, there is an immense satisfaction that comes with standing up for yourself, and using what is available to you to do so. In this case he used his intelligence and his knowledge to thwart his enemies. (yes, his wife became his enemy) When the enemy came crawling back begging for mercy, there was none to be had. It was not really his to give. She and Gabe had in effect fucked themselves over. They had taken the action that caused their downfall. All her husband did is react to protect himself. How could he do anything less? So, while Christmas eve alone may be a little bit sad, it probably is worse alone with the kids and seeing their dismay at their mothers actions. She would get to live with this for the rest of her fucking life.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Of course he is better off

Without a disgusting whore for a wife.

She is super delusional to think he won't easily do better than her cheating ass.

I loved that he fucked them all up so good.

The ending could have been more satisfying with him moving on decisively.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Gloria Lost A Life-Altering Gamble

And now she is disbelieving that she has to pay the price for her role in it. Gabe has paid the price. He lost his company. The others involved had prices to pay. Lyle paid with his loss of marriage to Gloria. He had to share a complicated custody of his children. He lost his job and had to start over. He, perhaps, paid the dearest cost. And all of this house of cards was over a selfish wife and a young spoiled businessman. When the house of cards was revealed to be nothing but an illusion, Gloria wanted back the stable sanctuary of marriage to Lyle that she had made sure was destroyed.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 7 years ago
Subtle symbolism

Sometimes nuanced symbolism slides right past me, but literally burning the bridge between wealthy selfish insular elitist luxury and the real world the rest of us live in is straightforward enough for me to grasp!

I am a little confused as to the role of the "fixer" - I understand her actions, but not her motivations.

A common paradox in LW stories is how the two parties' perspectives contrast. In this case, the wife felt that 16 years of marriage made one night irrelevant, to the husband that one night made 16 years of marriage irrelevant. Or another way to look at it, the value of their marriage to her made the value of one night meaningless, but to him that one night made their marriage meaningless.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
A re-read

I read this before and enjoyed the story. Just enough 'new' to make it interesting in spite of it being a classic LW 'wife fucks hubby's boss" story. One thing does puzzle me though. What happened to Pender and Associates? Our intrepid protagonist goes to work for his old friend and associate yet apparently just walks away when Bernie re-appears. In a small company that would be a huge blow and kind of makes him an asshole. Just one of those niggling details that I get hooked up on from time to time.

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 7 years ago
Good story

Have read the story several times and enjoy the mechanism of only Lyle being the only input to the story. You do not see Gabe and Gloria carrying on an emotional affair for 6 months behind Lyle's back.

When Lyle and Gloria arrive at the lodge the affair has been going on for 6 months and Lyle assume that his wife loves him and he therefore trusts her. While at the lodge the first night his wife carries on with Gabe and we only have Lyles input of the activities of the night. What is said between Gloria and Gabe no one knows.

I like the way the author uses this technique though out the story. We only know the character Lyle and a little bit of Gloria from what Lyle tells about his wife and the two encounters his has with her in the kitchen at the lodge and on the steps at his house at Christmas. Both times you see how simple and shallow a person she is as she is always first, and her husband and children come a distant third. It appears that Gabe may have been second in her life as she did not even attempt to leave the lodge and be with her kids or her husband but continue her fuck fest with her lover.

Great story and I loved the character development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
DUH

Burning the Bridges of a cheating wife. A woman is the life support system for a cunt. The Bridge is now Burnt. Why is it in these stories the woman always say it was a mistake to have sex with another man. Give me a fucking break. BTB

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
He

Will be better off if he finds his mate.

He was right it would be an illusion with her.

The one that would tell the person who is of the upper crust to take a hike . Her family and relationship mean more than illicit sex.

Those kinds of mates are not uncommon.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
"They have nothing but false promises. If you look hard, you see the trap. Yet, no one looked. The illusion is so much better than reality. We battled through hard times but they were getting better"

The quote from Lyle as this story concludes eerily parallels my feeling on a recent election

http://m.chron.com/news/politics/article/Trump-may-be-setting-a-record-for-broken-promises-10623216.php

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
jus primae noctis

This fellow was quite arrogant to believe he had a right to a faithful wife when she had a chance at pleasing a person of the upper crust.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
@last comment ....respectfully ( doffs hat )

Lol. Ok , that's a fair point but if Gabe were really elite, the crème de la crème ... he wouldn't have left himself in vulnerable position for Lyle's repercussions. He was naught but new money poser . Lyle bankrupted him without breaking a sweat. with 2-3 hours to improvise payback. Like the maxim "it may take awhile but the eventually the cream rises to the top " ? In the end it was Gabe floundered and went under.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a bitch

Trying to blame him for not stopping her. Trying to say she was doing it for him. Telling him she was doing it no matter what.

What's to stop her from going with the prince the next time?

What bugs me is the excuse of "you should have loved me enough to let me do this. It shouldn't have hurt our marriage or you.".

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dear "jus prima noctus"

I hope someone royally fucks up your life to the point where you just want to kill yourself. God damn faggot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Don't Give In

She made her bed, now let her lie in it. Ya, it'll hurt the kids, but they'll get by.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The "Loving Husband"

The loving husband proved himself to be a jerk of the first water. He never loved this woman and her infidelity was just the excuse he needed to end the marriage. A strong marriage of a coving couple should survive this kind of temporary lapse on the part of one partner. By the same token the wife in the long run will be better off. A loving husband will not throw away sixteen years.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
@Anony 02/06/17 You are really an unique person.

Uniquely stupid.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
#2 WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR A CHEATER TO HEAR ULTIMATUMS

when they gave the first one, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
NICE BTB/BTB

Always good to see both bitch and bastard burned to the ground.

I've been reading this shit now for a couple of months and I could never quite put my finger on what was off with these stories and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I always wondered about the writers (I'm convinced there only 3-4 of these guys) having the loving wife or girlfriend say something about it only being sex. For the longest time that pissed me off because it made no sense...and then it struck me why it doesn't make sense. Women are so different from men that it's said we're from different planets. Women are all about connecting on the emotional level so for woman to go all out for sex with some strange dick there would have to be a strong emotional connection with the person connected to that strange dick. So much so that she wouldn’t have the connection to the poor husband or boyfriend she has chosen to abandon. She simply would not make these hollow meaningless protestations of deep, unfailing love and devotion for the jilted husband or boyfriend these 3 writers find so compelling.

Bottom line is that the stories are written so obviously from a man's point of view that it makes the story completely unbelievable, just so much hogwash. Men do believe it could be "just sex" because men think with their dicks, the lower head rules the upper head. But women are all about the heart and without that engaged, there really isn't that strong a sex drive, not on the level these 4 writers try to convey. Now if she's transferred the love, then the story makes sense up to the point of all the i love and only you bullshit.

So please, continue to write this shit, just make sure you give the betrayed husband/boyfriend plenty of ammunition to go for the nuclear response when he burns the bitch and her bastard by having the caught slut say something like "yeah, his dick is bigger, he lasts longer, I get a complete meal when I swallow his load and I think I've developed a deeper love for him than I ever had with you...if I ever loved you at all'. Then just go for the all out assault letting the betrayed not be more than fair, to want to deeply hurt the woman I'll probably always love. I think you would have a deeper fan base from the btb crowd if you'd just turn the cuckolds loose to totally rampage that sluts life the way real American men would when faced with that kind of emasculation. Kind of like Kyle did.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Re: "Nice BTB/BTB" --- Anonymous comment

Dear Ms Anonymous,

I note that you have made this comment about "I'm convinced there only 3-4 of these guys having the loving wife or girlfriend say something about it only being sex" on several stories lately.

The world is a big wide place with a lot of people having very different approaches to life and very different beliefs about interpersonal relationships. Yes, there are perhaps viewpoints that are more typically male than female and vice versa, but there is an enormous range within each gender. It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

I haven't quoted my favourite anthropologist Clyde Kluckhohn for a while, so here goes again:

'Every man is, to some extent,

Like every other man

Like some other men

Like no other man.'

To me, it is the stories in which the character is like no other 'man' that are the interesting ones.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5 star story

Lyle is well rid of her. All that noisy sex with Gabe was designed to humiliate her husband; get him to accept a cuckold status. She got off on the pain she knew he would be feeling. Even more exciting, in the future she could have sexual episodes with other handsome men that cuck Lyle would have to accept.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
anon btb-luedon comment

I could easily lump you into a generality seeing as you state all men think with their dicks anon. You have this feminist philosophy repeated ad nauseam that yours is the perfect gender.

I am well acquainted with three 50ish females from small town Montana. All of whom have repeatedly cheated on their husbands. The worst on her thrid husband actively seeks out on man after another. Nothing about her heart in any of them. She has a thing for muscular arms so coerced a student of hers into an affair. Her next lover, friend of her bff's lover rode horses so she took to riding and of course going cowgirl up to grease the saddle horn of a local ranchhand. Fired from her college instructor job she went into real estate and took up with successful real estate broker. She admitted love had nothing to do with any of her affairs.

Another point.

Females have XX chromosomes and are limited to that gender's psychology. Males have an X and a Y chromosome and are much more capable-generally speaking-of relating to all sides of an issue.

Finally. You ask a male what is wrong he will tell you.

You ask a female what is wrong she will state NOTHING AND REFUSE TO TALK.

Ironic, since that gender claims the monopoly on communication

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Vain selfish

Gloria spent her whole life pitying herself and wanting more. She settled for her husband then vainly decided to humiliate him by having sex in front of him and expecting her husband had no recourse but to take her back.

Even after destruction of her marriage she persists in believing she did nothing wrong...husband owed her her flagrant affair.

Only bad part to ending is Geralds refusal for husban-in any of his stories-to get on with his life with someone new

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
INFIDELITY

She said she was going to cheat on their marriage vows and betrayed his trust with his boss hoping to get away with it, in the end both her and his boss got their just deserts. five stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story - very emotionally compelling

5 stars. Thank you. I truly get angry reading this story. Which is a complement.

To the douchebag who constantly has to tell us how he lives in Montana and she used to work at Dearborn Community College.... go and get laid and then get some help. Stop pestering us because your pussy portion rode off into the sunset with Cowboy Bob banging her ass on a regular basis! So she left you. Get the fuck over it and movemon. Better yet, MOVE. You ain't getting anything but cattle pussy in Goddamned Montana. Jesus help us!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
"You are no prince". " he was everything a woman wants in a man"

Why in gods name would a woman seeking to reconcile with a man she betrayed say these things?

And he was not completely innocent? How was he not innocent?

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
I'd like to see this story from Gloria's pov

How could she possibly justify doing this and what makes her think Lyle would accept it? Ultimately it just comes down to the ugly duckling finally getting attention from one of the beautiful peopl and being weak but her justifications might be fun to read.

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
fantasy guy

Good story. Not enough grief for the wife though, humiliation and disrespect deserve revenge not just abandonment.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Such A Sad Tale....

Everyone loses here, and there is not nearly enough payback for the fucking predator, Gabe! Financial ruin is necessary, but not sufficient. He needs to be shut down in a big way so he can't ruin any more lives. I'm thinking castration is too kind. How about a Lorena Bobbitt kind of impromptu surgery, but stuff the dick into the garbage disposal and turn it on for a few....leave the balls so he still has the drive, but no way to follow through.

Gloria's "excuses" are damn near as hurtful as the blatant disrespect of the "I'm gonna do it, and you have no choice" act itself. BTB on a rotating spit!

Nice job making me despise damn near everyone....

Next time I'll let you know how I REALLY feel! ;-)

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

He did the right thing to walk in the house on Christmas Eve by himself. He was just told, he was NO Prince to her, aka she'll keep looking for her Prince. He would have just been a meal ticket continuing the illusion she created/killed.

I was hoping that Bernie was still in Fla, and offered him the same deal - so he could put distance and ALL of it behind him.

The Paula twist was a good deflection - I'm sure many thought she would come in at the stories end wanting to rebuild him and be a mother.

auhunter04auhunter04about 7 years ago
har har

burning the bridge is a masterpiece besides trapping all of the partiers but was also the end of a marriage

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
How in the world can she think that it was acceptable?

How did she turn into a flaming bitch? Just because she was shown some attention? The story said she dealt with that previously.

She blames the husband for breaking up the family? She blames him for not stopping her? Even when she flat out told him she was doing it. And she got mad at him for getting angry? Unbelievable!

She doesn't love her husband obviously. You don't do that kind of stuff to someone you love.

I wish there was another chapter or perhaps her point of view.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 7 years ago
brilliant story 5*

really tears at the male ego, relieved there was no reconcilliation. fantastic tale about real cuckolding. too many people forget that true cuckolding is an invaluntary thing, anything else is just wife sharing, swapping, humiliation fetish or some other wimpy bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
anon-great story...3-01-17

Hey just because you take umbrage with a comment is no need for you to disparage Montana...

Tootight1Tootight1about 7 years ago
good story

A lot of the commenters seem to hit the nail on the head, in my opinion. Although I can understand what she told him on the porch, even she recognized it was wrong. My emotional response was delayed a bit on this story, and I don't understand why. I would have understood if they got back together. The truth is she doesn't love him, it's that simple.

As much as I liked the story, it could use another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
not terribly erotic

Very welly written, but the site is about eroticism. If I wanted a cautionary tale about not cheating, I'd probably look elsewhere. Apologies for the somewhat negative comment...it is not my norm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
male ego ad nauseam

This site is rife with comments and stories expounding on the supposedly oh so fragile male ego. Strange no mention of the feminine ego...surely they all have one. Could be sofa psychologists deem theirs' to be indestructible...

Write this story with the husband spending months planning on betraying his faithful breadwinner wife. The force her to witness his sexual adventures with the much younger, more beautiful, exceptionally sexy boss of hers and hearing her husband shout out how firmer, how tighter, how sexually better his lover was than the wife.

Most certainly the wife would remained oh so self-assured of her femininity and eagerly and lovingly welcome her husband back.

Come the return to work the wife would have no problem dealing with her boss/husband's playmate.

Her indefatigable female ego would be the salvation of her marriage and career.

All females are so sure of themselves they have no need to spend thousands of dollars each year on facial creams, cosmetics, nips here tuck in something there. Wrinkles and grey hairs are welcome signs of maturity and wisdom.

They know in their hearts those younger females with perky tits and forward pointing nipples cannot wait for the day when theirs are pointing directly at their designer heels.

Males are generally fragile in one regard. They give up their hearts completely to the one they love and cherish just as she is.

Females typically develop attachment to a male whose clay they believe can be molded into something that goes well with the chosen decor of their lives...and no sense in firing that sculpture...to much bother for them to clean up should they decide to throw it against the wall during a fight

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
so

''Men like, NEED, and expect their sex partners to scream down the house during sex.

Like? Perhaps

NEED? Not really!

Expect? Hardly

elHosedelHosedabout 7 years ago
@Anon 4/6/17

FINALLY an intelligent comment on the so called "Fragile Male Ego" vs the actual Fragile Female Ego. I would just add another example of the truly disturbingly weak female ego. Male Sex toys vs Female Sex Toys.

Men, generally, don't really care about vibrators and their sales. We may feel slighted if our significant other is relying on vibrators, but for most men it doesn't warrant any real action, other then maybe trying to improve in bed and/or incorporating said toys into couplings.

Now, Women are generally FREAKED OUT by the idea of realistic artificial vaginas and sex robots going so far as to claim sex with a Sex Robot will be tantamount to rape. Why? Because the greatest fear for their fragile ego is Men realizing that pussy isn't actually worth much and thus diminishing the price of it (and all pussy has a price, unfortunately) and the accompanying power they derive from that price.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@anon 3-01-17 - ending of comment

Having read LW stories for years and taken great interest in comments, I estimate that two-thirds of those are from the btb crowd who are not satisfied until wife and lovers have been staked fried and have had genitals ruined. There has also been great applause regarding the husband posting the info-pictures-and videos on the Internet.

Strange then, when someone actually exposes a cheating wife on social media, most comments about that action attack the commenter. Claiming it a scam, calling for comments to be removed and some making personal attacks as commenter noted in subject line.

Have yet to read any of the btb crowd defending the action or comments from someone who followed up on social media expose.

Guessing all the clamor for vengeance is from the btb crowd is only fictional noise.

To anon 3-01-17 the college is in Helena Montana-the husband did not post it-the cheating wife sexually harassed the student then intentionally destroyed his reputation and got him let go from the instructor position he had gained after graduation.

Unlike others I was curious, checked out that page and got all the info.

If any female ever deserved the wrath of LW'sbtb crowd she certainly does.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This fantastically written story....

...Deserves a follow-up story!

Please, RichardGerald? Pretty please?

Tootight1Tootight1about 7 years ago
good story

I think I read this before. I agree with other commenters that it needs another chapter. I don't think there was enough revenge against his boss. His wife is another story. With kids in the equation, it puts things in another light. I actually believe the wife's story. I have witnessed this exact type of thing play out in real life. She is wrong, but she knows that, but not the right reason. The word betrayal never left her mouth. In your face betrayal, and for what exactly, herself.

Another part of this whole scene is that Paula never got her comeuppance. I know it was an everyday occurrence for her, working for the government and all. She had no feelings for his relationship with his wife, or what she was doing. Typical from a woman's point of view. There needs to be a little revenge there too. She could have easily ask the wife if she was sure she wanted to do that, as to not destroy her marriage, but she didn't care. again typical.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Perhaps if she'd shown even the least bit of remorse... and not tried to act as if he was somehow complicit in her ultimate betrayal... she might have had more success getting her family back...

-jaye-

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
And yet another reason why reconciliation isn't viable ...

I honestly prefer reconciliation whenever possible when kids are in the equation. Not this time . Gloria knew Lyle was gone by Sunday morning. Only an idiot wouldn't have not guessed that his departure meant he was hurting BADLY . She contented herself with merely placing multiple unanswered calls that day ...right up until Monday afternoon when they discovered the bridge had been reduced to ashes .

Any concerned wife would have been wondering had Lyle hurt himself, was he in the ravine's rock bottom and left Gabe's fuck and drug chalet by no later then noon that Sunday. Not her. She and her " prince " partied on like rock stars for the next day and a half. They figured Lyle was a peon and his distress was secondary to the holiday weekend pleasures that were their noblesse oblivious' prerogative .

No reconciliation. No way.

phil2213phil2213about 7 years ago
Unfinished

I agree with many comments aforementioned. I think it was provocative and dramatic in elucidating many relationship issues and concerns but never nailed down the characters and the conclusion to all loose ends as others have mentioned in their commentary.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
#2 WHY WOULD SHE HAVE MORE WORRYS AND CARES

about 2 other cheaters than her own marriage and family, TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
@phil2213 ( respectfully )

We have a lot of common ground about the immense quality of this story. However you and I will have to agree to disagree about the " need " for a sequel to this story. Yes, there are many comments that passionately support your position . To me , however , that reflects just how compelling the characters are thanks Mr. Gerald's wordcraft.

People would love to see Gloria suffer a bit more for her egregious transgression that weekend and applaud as Lyle finds a woman who fully appreciates him. Yet in the closing scene - it's all there . Lyle is a partner in a prosperous business and no longer an undervalued employee ( albeit a well compensated one ).

Gloria is still empathetically obtuse . It's tragi-comic her spiel about longing for a prince all her life. Gloria doesn't fully realize and might never be cognizant of the fact that the reason she feels such a void that xmas holiday is because she exiled away her " prince " that fateful Memorial Day weekend.

Lyle is a winner. That Saturday night , his wife and boss conspired to box him into a corner . The luxurious remote setting, the muscle bound cohorts of Gave and Paula ( what a character! ) was all designed to put him in his place. Lyle improvised the ruinous payback in the midst of immense emotional turmoil.

You can't hold him down...not for long . Gloria and Gabe had blind spots ( likely lifelong ones ) that didn't recognize Lyle's true substance. Their future is blighted . Lyle hasn't fully recovered emotionally - 16 years went down the drain afterall . But in the fullness of time Lyle will be recognized and unite by the true queen he deserves.

Would I enjoy a sequel to this story ? Of course ! But the metaphorical tea leaves were placed in boiling water . The future is there to be read by those willing to survey and deduce from patterns formed after extracting the foliage from Gloria's heated tears.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
U gotta b shitting me

This story was really fucked up. The husband oked her infidelity by never objecting about any of it. He might as well as went up and watched and applauded their performance His fault he never stopped it. Terrible story line

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
She would never stop

Let's face it, she wanted Gabe. Ever since the Xmas party she had been flirting with him and it is obvious that she knew ahead of time that she was going to screw Gabe. It is all her fault, totally, 100 %. If a wife says she intends to screw anotber guy, the marriage is over.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
Re-read for the umpteenth time

RG got to give you your dues , when you get it right , it's glorious. This one you got right .

I saw a couple of comments below , without bringing up more than the five showing , that keep calling for the story to be continued. I could not disagree more .

Your story ' Jailbteaking ' was , is one of the finest LW stories ever IMO , but the author gave into the calls for a continuation, and we got ' On the Lamb ' . As much as I loved the first , I despised the latter . Just butchered it . So on that , I say leave ' The Bridge ' as it is , one of the best in LW history.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 7 years ago
Nicely done....but...

...I wish there was more. This story could flip in so many different directions. I gave it 5 stars but I still believe these characters have more life in them to do a follow up. Thanks for sharing RichardGerald, a very clever LW story. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Denny CraneDenny Cranealmost 7 years ago
"But I have more than 5% body fat....

..., and I do not have a body that appears to have been sculptured by Michelangelo"

At 5% bodyfat, the dude would be super-super lean, to the point of not appearing to have any body fat at all. He'd be ripped and shredded and any other adjective you can think of to describe that state of being. Anything below about 3% would lead to a stay in the hospital. Top level bodybuilders don't get below 3%, since that's the level required for basic life function in an adult male. For women, it's about 8-9%.

Small point, and probably not worth making a post over, but it's one of those things that really irks me when I see or hear someone say something about it.

Oh.... Michelangelo's David? Probably in the range of 9-10%

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamorealmost 7 years ago
This is the best RG

But not my cuppa.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Empty

I liked the story, but it leaves with a feeling of being empty, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well Done

Excellent story. You captured Lyle's mindset very well and have a very realistic ending. That's how we feel when it's over, the best option is moving on separately but that doesn't make it a perfect option.

phil2213phil2213almost 7 years ago
No ending to a really great story

After the protagonist man's up and dumps the cheater and completes a very successful revenge on her lover and his boss the story seems to collapse.

The door was opened for rationale of a reconciliation which is completely off the mark of the stories momentum. There are stories that warrant reconciling but this was not one of them. The emotional bonding that followed the Christmas party was elucidated by the author in the wife's diatribe at the end with Gabe. The wife's rationalisation of her cheating was right out the cheaters handbook. The ambiguous nature of the ending completely obfuscates the author's credibility. I was left feeling betrayed by the apparent change in focus. The author has the ability to write a second chapter to further clarify what logic the story was predicated. Is the protagonist a wimp or something else??? The story was uncomfortable and near ended my faith in this author's train of logic. I thank you for your effort.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Re-Reading. Again!

“you knew what was happening, and you didn't say no” - Um, he asked if he had a choice, and was told NO, so what would have happened if he DID say no?

"Hey, man if I've made a mistake here I apologize" - "IF I've made a mistake"?! If you need to be TOLD that fucking an employee's wife is wrong, there's no hope for you!

@elHosed 04/08/17 Re: “fragile male ego” EXCELLENT! I have long been an opponent of the “fragile male ego” trope. I never thought of your idea that most men aren’t threatened by their wives’ sex toys, but most women would be threatened if their husband had one!

@Anonymous 05/08/17 Re: “U gotta be shitting me” – YOU gotta be shitting ME! As has been noted, he ASKED if he had a choice and was told no, so what would his objection have accomplished? Never stopped it? Assuming that he would have been ALLOWED to stop it, if she wants to do it, how long do you think it will take for her to do it behind his back?

“He said how hard you worked and how he wanted to reward you. I knew what he was saying, that if I was nice to him, he would take care of you.” – As has been said, if Gabe wanted to reward him for his hard work, why did SHE have to be nice to Gabe?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Going Through Comments

@Anonymous 02/06/17 Re: "Loving Husband" - "A loving husband will not throw away sixteen years." - Um, I believe that SHE threw away 16 years first!

One thing that I never commented on that others did, was Gabe extending the invitation through Gloria, even though he sees Lyle every day at work.

As for the helicopter, maybe there wasn't room for all, but there was probably room for more than one, and in any case why couldn't the copter ferry people across the chasm before flying Gabe all the way home?

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 7 years ago
@sbrooks103x 06/19/17

re:

As for the helicopter, maybe there wasn't room for all, but there was probably room for more than one, and in any case why couldn't the copter ferry people across the chasm before flying Gabe all the way home?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you forget; the rest of them were just peasants.

The little people were not worthy of consideration by his loftiness.

RG tends to have the attitude that the 'aristocracy' is so far above that they need not follow ethics, morals or even common decency.

cockcriticcockcriticalmost 7 years ago
Fling

Any wife/ husband who after a long marriage says to there partner I'm going to spend the night with another but in a week I shall once again be yours deserved all they get.

In this case the Lothario will probably never get his credit rating back, a clever revenge

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
It has an ending

He was not for her fling and asked her what s out their 16 year marriage. She told him the decision was made, ans still some of you want a reconciliation? I think telling him he had no choice was enough, kind of like a "fuck you honey".. In case you can't tell she really pissed me off and her excuse was maybe true, but she never wanted his input because she assumed he had no choice.... Wrong!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I must be stupid

Or old fashioned, or out of touch, or maybe just insane.

How can anyone think that Gloria loved Lyle? How can anyone think that her selfishness and disrespect towards her husband are characteristics of a loving spouse? She told him she was going to sleep with Gabe, after her antics. It didn't matter how much pain she caused she was going to do it anyway. The excuse about money is weak.

It was just a fling my ass. It started at the party. And then she has the nerve to try to blame Lyle. Good grief. About the only thing truthful she said was that she wanted Gabe. Well you got him and you ruined the life of someone you claim to love.

Reconciliation? Seriously? After the complete humiliation, disrespect, and pain she inflicted? Makes me sick thinking about it.

Again I don't get why anyone would think it is acceptable for a spouse to behave as she did.

I wish there was a second chapter so that we can see Lyle moving on and succeeding at life.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
One More Comment On The Male Ego

How many times in these stories does the wife tell how the lover complimented her, told her how beautiful she was, etc? Well, what is that but stroking her ego?

norcal62norcal62almost 7 years ago
So, the PhD Child Psychologist couldn't resist temptation, eh?

So many LW stories have trouble with character development and consistency. OK story buy no empathy for wifey.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 7 years ago
Simply excellent

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Lyle

He is like a lion, a true alpha male lion, which doesn't go down without a fight and doesn't share her female. Every honourable man should be like him. 5*.

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 6 years ago
3*'s

It's good but, you only earned 3*'s for this unfinished story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
only reason

Gloria has her rationalizations as to her need for a one weekend affair. While I know she is delusional, she never admitted her real intention - Gabe's also.

TO PUBLICALLY AND INTENTIONALLY HUMILIATE HER HUSBAND!!!

If she merely needed a one time affirmation, she and Gabe could have discreetly met with no one the wiser.

Gabe's reason was to demonstrate he was so much better than husband and force husband to submit.

Gloria needed to show husband she could have someone ''better'' than husband.

Tough to believe, though RG wrote it that way, the weekend was their only sexual get together. Given the denoted characters of Gabe and Gloria and their obvious obsessive sexual attraction to each other, no way he would have waited 9 months to bed her, and no way she would not have demanded a much sooner coupling.

My only problem with the ending is his inability to answer question.

His children with him around Christmas tree-YES

Her there with them-NO WAY IN HELL.

Given her sex appeal and hubris I have tough time believing she had not already trapped some other rich guy

Tootight1Tootight1over 6 years ago
good story

second read I think, and it still is a good story. All the characters were flushed out enough to get a good feel for what was going on.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
So far... So good... So the end.

The is undeniably one of RG's best stories... until its very end, when you see that poor sap Lyle wavering way too much over his ex's visit.

That's why I have absolutely no interest to read a sequel to this sad-ass tale - knowing Gerald's major hardon for turning his unfaithful sluts stories and insane RAAC sequels... man, fuck that.

I'm good with this being a solo effort. Even justbobkc's own follow-up, although very on-point (regardless of what RG thought about it... urgh) turned out to be ultimately unnecessary.

Bottom line: sure: Lyle is probably unhappy about how his personal life turned out, but, however he is feeling right now, I bet you anything it is still one thousand percent better than how he felt hearing his wife cuckolding him right next to their bedroom.

Better off single... better off finding someone who think the grass is pretty fantastic in their own garden... better off finding someone who see you as her prince from the get-go.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
hurt

she says it was never her intention to hurt him...really? Even if no one ever came to know. Convenience is just not enough to swallow your hurt; great wife, but you should support her fucking around, oh, very nice; how kind and generous. It is also not lost on her that the kind of image she would eventually have in her children's eyes when they grow up. Forget children, kid's don't forgive. A mother cannot violate their family. A prostitute can be forgiven, not a cheating slut who couldn't keep her legs together. The whole picture-perfect family, with all the whistles and bells, including christmas tree, is just way too low a compensation to accommodate cheating. You don't need to BTB. But move on with dignity. She has to realize the hurt caused and the pain she inflicted on him. That much is due to the wronged man, even in the eyes of god.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
What a man wants

what a man wants to take the cheating wife back? Genuine tears and remorse and very sincere 'I am sorry.' You cannot rationalize cheating; there's always an excuse; the point is not to cheat, and now that she did, what is needed is to convince him she will never cheat on him; that takes a lot of fucking time to convince, not just words but concrete actions in every way to convince the man that she had mended her ways. If he takes her back then it follows that she may get too uneasy to live with the status of 'woman caught and not looking repentant enough' to save the family; 'oh, god, i screwed up, there's no way he will respect or love me the way he did, so let me go and fuck somemore, i can't put up with, and i will make sure he finds me cheating, so he will let me go; i cannot be dragging this cross forever on my shoulders.' That's how woman who are caught ought to be thinking.' Total trust will take a long time to come back. It is not marriage so much the cheating woman is worried about; it is the lack of trust and the respect that comes with trusting and lack of moral position to throw tantrums and demand the earlier royal treatment that will do the woman in and they will cheat even deliberately to get caught and force him to accept or kick her out. This time they will be prepared, even financially, to put the screws in the right place so that at least financially she is safeguarded. That is worse than cheating and the mind of the conniving, scheming slut mind who doesn't any mercy let alone kindness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well written and very sad for the Children

As usual the Children are not considered.I have first hand experience of how affairs destroy children's lives.

My father Charles was a serial adulterer.He used to travel to US every three months or so from the UK where he lived.He met a young trainee nurse in Huntsville,Alabama called Julia while he worked at the Redstone Arsenal.He was 35 and swept the young 19 year old off her feet.They got married and set up home with her pareants in Montgomery.She got pregnant with me.When I was 5 He moved her and me to UK because she threatened to divorce him because he was never there.He had already got Eve pregnant and she had a child too called Nigel James He told my mom Julia his wife He had married Eve in UK.and wanted us all to live all together.She refused and divorced him.He tried to get Eve to take me as her child but she refused.We all lived together and Julia was there to bring me up.

She was deported to US when I was 10 and I never saw her again as he hid me and told me she was dead.He told me I was Eves son.He lied I found out after he died and Eve told me she was not my mother.So much pain and so many lies told to a little boy who had autism.

Cheating causes life long pain

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Another stupid wimpy husband that can't get over his wife's mistake, so he destroyed his family and everyone's happiness including his and for what? She would never cheat again that's for sure she had been totally humiliated and her life destroyed yet he still felt sorry for himself. Obviously he had no balls and no was unable to man up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a Cappa Man

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU FUCK WITH A REAL MAN. WE WILL NOT HIT YOU OR SHOUT ABUSING WORDS. WHY? BECAUSE WE FUCKING LOVE YOU.

AND AS FOR FORGIVENESS.. IT DEPENDS ON THE PERSON. I KNOW FOR A FACT I WILL NEVER AGAIN LIVE MY FUTURE WIFE IF SHE CHEATS BECAUSE I NEVER WILL, WILL I BE ABLE TO FORGIVE? MAYBE, BUT NEVER FORGET.

THIS MAN IS NOT A WIMP, HE IS A MAN'S MAN.

THERE ARE SOME LINE YOU JUST NEVER EVER CROSS WHEN YOU'RE MARRIED.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fool Comment

You are the obvious wimp Timriv. This was not a 'mistake'. It was planned in advance by Gabe and Gloria. She was a fool to allow herself to be used in this way but allow it she did. The way the plan was executed was purposely meant to humiliate Lyle. Paula telling him he would receive a bonus makes his wife nothing but a whore. No man would accept this. She is the one who threw away 16 years of marriage, not him. She is the one who gave no thought to her children, her home and her husband so that she could spread her thighs for a POS. She has now learned that you reap what you sow. As I told someone long ago, there is only one way to fix what you have done and that is to go back in time and not do it. Faithfulness is more than just a word, it is how you live your life if you truly love the one you have committed too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

pathetic cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fascinating

We really need a part II, Richard.

"Oh yes, you did. I made a mistake. Ok, it was a bad and hurtful mistake, but it was just one mistake. You're the one who destroyed our family," she accused, with anger creeping into her voice."

This is the argument as my ex-wife. Same old blah blah story, dumb husband comes home from work early, sick, ignorant of his wife's peccadillos. I hurried to bed only to find it too full for me. There was my wife with her very first high school boyfriend mounted up behind her, sawing a very large cock in and out of her.

I took a couple pictures, sent them to the cloud, just as he beat the hell out of me trying to take my phone. He got it, tore it apart, but worst of all, tore my family apart in the process. I filed for divorce although we had two young children and got custody after my lawyer used the photos. It was more of a shared custody, she got them two weekends per month.

She did the same thing to me. Right before the divorce was official, she was waiting at the door when I came home from work. After asking if we could get back together, work out our differences, she exploded when I said no, accusing me of breaking up our family. No matter how much I explained, very patiently mind you, it was her fault for sticking her nasty cunt into the air for her boyfriend to spear, not mine, she still didn't get it. Even today, some ten years later, she still doesn't get it. More than once friends of ours will tell me I am the one she blames, not what she did.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Burning the Bridge was a metaphor

She made a decision regarding their marriage before going up the mountain. Sitting on Gabe's lap and going up the stairs to his room was a bridge too far.

If he had stayed for the weekend, accepting her behaviour, it would not have been the last time.

She burned down their marriage. He took out the bridge off the mountain. Gabe was no longer king of the hill.

Slow and steady wins the race.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not Enough

Not enough was done to Gabe . He needed to be destroyed for life . He destroyed a family for life .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
city boys

that how you guys do it, just walk away while your wife disrespects you & your marriage/family ? Usually different out in bushes Pick up a 2X4 or piece a pipe and thump ole Gabby a time or three. Co-worker shot thru both cheeks of ass with a colt 45 six shooter trying to get away from a pissed husband......made the papers....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Shit

I'm sorry. I have no sympathy for the Husband. He let that shit happen. He didn't speak up and didn't fight back. He should have made it known what consequences would have happened if they went through with it. He should have fought. Instead he ran with his tail tucked between his legs and got revenge in a passive aggressive manner. This is no Man. It's a ducky boy pretending to be a man. And I have no respect for him.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Re: Shit

If you have to implicitly beg your wife to not cheat on you... then you still have no marriage to speak of. Plus, as Gloria said herself, it was 'decided'. Nothing to fight over, really.

And, speaking of fighting... don't know what you're talking about, 'cause Lyle obviously fought hard after her betrayal. He fought to get back his pride, his self-respect, his freedom... He also fought to protect his kids from growing up near an immoral and continuous unfaithful parent, which is what the future would have turned into if he was stupid enough to take Gloria back. He fought for every that truly matter to him... except Gloria, of course, because, obviously, she didn't matter anymore.

No one should care about a cheating spouse.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Re: Shit

If you have to implicitly beg your wife to not cheat on you... then you still have no marriage to speak of. Plus, as Gloria said herself, it was 'decided'. Nothing to fight over, really.

And, speaking of fighting... don't know what you're talking about, 'cause Lyle obviously fought hard after her betrayal. He fought to get back his pride, his self-respect, his freedom... He also fought to protect his kids from growing up near an immoral and continuous unfaithful parent, which is what the future would have turned into if he was stupid enough to take Gloria back. He fought for every that truly matter to him... except Gloria, of course, because, obviously, she didn't matter anymore.

No one should care about a cheating spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hubby Made The Right Decision

Idiots think hubby should have fought for his wife. Why? She was one of the illusions. You really didn't get that? The weekend revealed her for who she is and he chose to look for better. You guys want him to fight for that? Really? Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too weak

He shoukd have done SO much more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

This is one of the best on the whole site. The response was measured, thorough, and effective. The 'princess' found out who the real prince is, but too late.

7758je7758jeover 6 years ago
classic

One of the best loving wives tails, period. Thanks for this. I hope you will write again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
398 comments

Now this is what loving wives is all about. You fuck around, don't be surprised at the consequence. Good read, one of the best. Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
re: anonymous-I don't understand the high scores............

Well it's really simple.When you compare a story like this to the numerous wimpy humiliating hot wife, slut wife, willing cuckold themes so dominant in this category, the answer is quiet clear. Get the point anon? Yes, both are cuckold stories, but what a difference. Wouldn't you agree,unless of course you prefer wimpy characters?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
re: anonymous-TOO DRAWN OUT AND BORING

There is a reason for everything. If he had done that, the story would have ended. and less satisfying for the reader. This way, he put the hurt on those that deserved it. Wish more stories of this nature would be posted in loving wives. We surely do need them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

absurd cuck shit.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Late Thoughts

Some discussions I've been having with RG around the sequel to C&P has brought me back to RG's stories, and I wanted to make a couple of I THINK new comments. First, regarding the "fragile male ego." A couple of people correctly pointed out the millions, if not billions, that women spend on beauty products to shore up their ego, and turned the situation on its ear to show that women would react very similarly.

Another aspect, isn't it GLORIA'S ego at being able to get a "prince," that brought about the situation in the first place?

Second, while I'll concede that there MIGHT not have been a consummated affair between the Christmas party and the retreat, there was certainly extreme flirtation, probably with the intent to consummate on the retreat, MAYBE even with the INTENT to rum Lyle's nose in it.

Third, does ANYBODY REALLY believe that if he acquiesced that the affair wouldn't have continued, possibly with full-blown cuckoldry?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I can’t believe

Anyone would give this more than one star. What a piece of crap

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous