All Comments on 'The Bridge'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 1,031 Comments (Page 7)
CowboyZGCowboyZGover 3 years ago
Response to Anonymous 01/01/21

You may very well be correct in your assessment of the lead character's unrealistic behavior. But I would offer two considerations:

First, just about every story ever told or written depends on one or more of the characters doing something unrealistic or making some bonehead error. (e.g., "Let's all split up.")

Second, in real life, almost everyone makes bad decisions at one time or another, especially in highly-charged, emotional situations. It's difficult to take the long, cool view when your pants are on fire. So, maybe bad decisions aren't all that unrealistic.

Nonetheless, you present an intriguing idea in suggesting how the characters ought to behave. I would encourage you to write your own story using those principles as a framework. As you are probably aware, stories depend on conflict, in some form, to hook and hold the reader, and I would look forward to seeing your effort in print.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@someoneother - It's RG's theory of the "Prince," that there are certain men who are SO special that good women will abandon all rational sense to be with them, and expect their husband's to accept it.

/

@Anonymous Re: "The comments amaze me." - I sort of agree, I chalk it up to suspension of disbelief, because if he did what he SHOULD have done, like deck Gabe at the party, we'd have no story.

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 3 years ago
This is One of The Better RG Stories

I have read this story several times and believe this is one of the better stories that RichardGerald has presented here.

I find the "Lyle" character to be very believable. He was hurt by the actions of his wife of 16 years. He expected her to remain loyal to him and his children. Instead she made a decision to fuck the "Prince", because "The Prince" wanted her. I think the character "Lyle" acted like he should have. The character was a low key hard working lawyer. He reacted just as he was depicted in the story (low key, hard working, thoughtful and deliberate).

When Lyle tells her they have no future because she never reacted to him the way she reacted to Gabe. The character "Gloria" states:

"OH SHIT, you can't be that stupid. That was all an act. I wanted to be good for him. I put on a show. Men like that, need and expect it. I never behave that way in bed, and you must know that after sixteen years of making love to me."

I think that is the important point for Lyle and Gloria's relationship. Gloria did not make the effort for her husband but did for the Prince.

Great story.

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago

A very sad story, well written, no pleasure for the reader. As in most of the stories were the wife cheats and children are involved everyone loses. The husband, a lonely house, limited visitation with his kids. The kids unstable way to be brought up, will affect their ability to love later in life. A stupid whore of a wife, lost everything all for what.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
truly one of the best. 5 stars

I think this story is one of the top stories on the site. Not everybody protests a spouses betrayal by confrontation and violence. I think more men are apt to push back after the fact. Especially being that the wife thought she could bully her husband into letting her go with Gabe without recrimination. I love when commenters complain about a writers techniques/ideas/outcomes and when you click on their name it is either anonymous or a name without any stories of their own. It takes a lot of courage to write something and put yourself out there subject to other's criticisms.

zeuspmzeuspmabout 3 years ago
one of the best on this site.

once again I'm requesting you to write a sequel to this story richardgerald. all the other fanfic sequels are pure shite. they have wrote a caricature of an evil woman gloria rather than a selfconscious fatgirl turned hotmom who made a huge mistake. they don't explore the psychology of the woman or her changing attitude towards her reliable, loving, ordinary husband when a handsome 'prince' approaches her. or the secret communication they started before the weekend.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago
Reread

Still a nice read. Sad ending, with no one really winning. In most fantasies the guy is picked up by a beautiful and true woman with a heart of gold, but here we just get sadness. The old “it’s just a one-time fling” trope rears its head again.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69about 3 years ago

Hard to give this one five stars as it's a sad story, with severely nasty connotations. It's a good read, well done, and it got me VERY agitated. I have a few feelings about it, and I want to read it again before I make any comments other than what I've already said.

I will say, I'd love to see it continued. I would say it cries out for further chapters, but that's a rather strong word. Suffice to say, more of it would be most welcome

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69about 3 years ago
More

What I failed to mention before...if that if this were a true story, and that's not really too far fetched. I've seen actions such as this actually occurring, I find it incredibly hard to believe that in the given situation, with the characters as depicted, that Gloria would just casually climb the stairs in front of everyone there, especially and including her husband Lyle to spend the night with Gabe. How could she possibly think that there would be no repercussions and that all would be well after that open betrayal. I can't begin to imagine the humiliation Lyle must have felt. And (again, I know it's fiction, but as I said, I've actually seen occurrences such as this happen in real)I was so happy to see how it all panned out in the end. I could see myself actually doing what Lyle did, or something similar. And, he who laughs last, laughs best.

MeredithXMeredithXabout 3 years ago

LIKE: The bridge-burning metaphor.

DISLIKE (and I see this same trash over and over on Literotica): The idea that wives cheat on their husbands suddenly, openly, brazenly and publicly while assuming that the husband will be perfectly OK with it and that their marriages will (somehow) return to normal. Then the wife seems shocked by the husband's (obvious and inevitable) reaction. Gloria didn't ask for Lyle's blessing; she notified him. We're supposed to buy into a plot device like that?

Who even came up with this now-worn-out story idea? Who reads these things and says to himself, "Yeah! I'm gonna write a story built around this same basic idea"? And why won't this cliché go away?

Three stars, but only because it's well written. The premise of the story is absurd, though, and it can't recover from that.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 3 years ago

This is one of the best LW stories I’ve ever read. I keep seeing new subtleties each time I read this. Women often maintain (as does my wife) that they won’t have affairs due to fear ((if the affair comes to light) of losing their security, their spouse, yet statistics belie this. Women (in surveys) admit to cheating on their marriages nearly as often as do men. It is estimated 15-20% of children are not the biologic children of the husbands. Some of these are obviously second marriages and maybe some are honest errors on the part of the mothers (as-to who the father really is, but that says something about female promiscuity on its own — they know they've had multiple partners but they guess/hope the names father is the male who can provide the most stability for the child). But I personally know of women who have had affairs, they became pregnant, and they then kept quiet in order to foist the children on their unsuspecting hubbies, the true definition of cuckolding. The imagery and writing are excellent in this story and it only needs minor editing to be perfect in my opinion. I suspect the author is an attorney or knows one well in order to know the real estate law so thoroughly (other RG stories also exemplify this). “Presumed Innocent” (novel and movie by Scott Turow) became a big hit due to good writing but also partly due to the author’s legal experience lending a strong element of realism to the story. I think RG might have enough talent to write the GAN (Great American Novel) if he continues to perfect his writing skills (I’m assuming RG is male). I give this five stars and really appreciate the author’s efforts. A sequel would be nice (and with permission, I”d be interested in writing one) but it is not necessary as this story says it all.

amanapamanapabout 3 years ago

I wonder well someone write a sequel?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A "real life situation"? Only problem is an inconsistency in Gloria's behavior? No, the problem with the story is the same as in a thousand other LW stories (especially RG's, MM's, and GA's), and it begins here: "We found the others at the pool. My wife in a black bikini, I had never seen. Her body was shockingly exposed by the brief expanse of material. The other women were little better. As Paula and I approached, I saw my wife sit in Gabe's lap and give him a deep sensual kiss."

From there until he leaves, Lyle is written as the usual weak, low T, faggotty, cuck of a husband. Nobody remotely normal would stand for Gloria's behavior at the pool. She would have been called on it and told that he marriage is in danger. In the evening kitchen scene she would have been told that she has ended the marriage. But, no, the wimpy, puss of a husband just hangs around passively until RG suddenly gives weak, passive, wimpy Lyle and testicle transplant, and he starts acts like something other than a worthless cuck.

It's obvious that authors write absurdly weak husbands to create drama, but it's a cheap trick. "Lyle" is too inconsistent to be credible as a character, but RG writes "Lyle" in a wildly inconsistent way because he doesn't want to put the time and thought into creating a more plausible character and plot. This kind of plotting shortcut is similar to the "Martian Slut Ray", and it's annoying. Still, once Lyle leaves, the story becomes fascinating. The accounting revenge was a clever, creative idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The writing is good enough, but the intent and story line are worthless. The problem is not just the trite plot, as others have pointed out. There is nothing erotic about this. We understand there is a whole group of men running around on this site, giving stories like this 5 stars and getting more thrills out of marking every erotic story (cuck or not) with 1 star. They can't pull their pud any more so they mark everything 1 star and even taunt the authors, hoping to reclaim the thrill of when they could still masturbate. The men who are a bit literate write stories like this. What is the purpose? It's not to express your anger at some woman who betrayed you, because clearly you were not capable of having a relationship with a woman in the first place.

lukeey90lukeey90about 3 years ago

Atleast he refused to be a cuck but he was a little wimpy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

RG is quite the writer, planning all the details. But he misses something. People need revenge, a balancing of the scales. Destroying the bridge works, but Gabe suffered nothing. He is the Golden boy. Like Paula said, it's his world. He needed pain and humiliation to make up for his outrageous immoral behavior.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Ok story, kicked the wife, please don't take her back, it was just fling? Disrespect, humiliation cannot be tolerated, those are worse than the actual cheating. Gabe was put out of busines but what happened to him? Too many lose ends but still a good story.

Survivor3306Survivor3306about 3 years ago

I liked this story. Its my third time to read it. There were repercussions for all the bad guys. His wife was thrown out and humiliated since her parents knew why. Gabe suffered as he lost his business. The other adulterous party goers lost their spouses. And lastly our hero fared well in that he got to buy the old business that he destroyed. The only innocent victims were his children. But they are always collateral damage in a divorce. And I thought that divorce was the only option that made sense. Just cause his wife was always the fat girl in her youth did not in any way justify her behavior. So for me - great story! 5 stars.

Survivor3306Survivor3306about 3 years ago

I read some of the comments here and some have protested that is real life, a wife would not be so brazen as to tell, not ask, the husband about her desire to commit adultery. I don't know. If the courts truly screw the husbands, then I can see this happening. Because if the wife, despite being an adulteress, generally still gets the kids, the house (which he must still pay the mortgage and utilities), and alimony, then it is realistic that a wife would be so bold. Especially if she has less than a perfect marriage. That is why so many women in these stories try to blackmail their husbands into letting them commit adultery and not divorce them. If the laws are really this one-sided, then stories like this are more realistic. Because Power corrupts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The bitch gets what she deserves. She makes the bed and now she gets to lay on it..... definitely a 5 star ✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟 ratings

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

Bravo, she intentionally burned the bridge and so did he!

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

An addendum. If, with her last question about better with or without her., he had told her he would take her back if she ran a full page ad describing all events that occurred on the mountain top, what would the PHD's answer have been? How much did she really love him? Hmm?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So, Paula was a lesbian wingman for several douchey frat boy jock types?

Hows that work?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finish the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I Love this Story as the Husband did not take the Cheating Cow back .. I hate the stories where the guy Screws his wife after she has just returned from her Lover . I did not Screw my wife after I caught her with her Lover . I told her he was a Pussy hound not to be left alone with Her . Did She believe Me Hell No . That caused our Divorce as I will not live with a Cheater . Or a Person who does not believe in Me or Disrespects me . Life is to short for that kind of life

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

Should have barred the exits and burned it down with all of them inside.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Second time read. RG is a brilliant writer of

the short story. The secret is his insight. Yes there is a trap, look how easily Trump has lead 70 million people into one. The "Golden Boys", have always been protected by their Paula's, free to break every mores, laughing at any rule. It isnt often a member of the bottom 95% can survive their evil machinations and hold on to themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

First, I post as anonymous because Literotica doesnt accept my registration, not because I want to hide. Probably computer snafu, but something to consider when chastising that signage.

2. There is no happy ending possible if one wants Lyle to succeed.

3. Claims of unreality. In fact I know of more than a few cases like this. Having a degree is like the "Golden Boy" Badge. It implies one has an EDUCATION, can think, and then does so dispassionately. Such people are considered Wise. How many do you know?

4. This story is a perfect vignette of s real possibility- "Most men live lives of quiet desperation". Other than violence there are few options for Lyle. Gabe, Paula, and society have made sure if that. Witness the violent behavior often breaking out in poor areas. And dont forget poor Richard Corey.

Second,

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Can’t pass on reading one of, if not, my favorite LW stories ever.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Again reading the great tales. What the fuck did she expect? Bye bye bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The last 5 paragraphs make this an outstanding story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You get what you want. What else do you want, bitch. You make your own bed and now you get to lay on it, bitch

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Yes guys part of this story is reality. Wives do want something new or different after so many years of marriage. My loving wife surfaced at year 13 and two female children. She asked if she could go out and fool around and comeback to me if iy didn't work out. I looked at while crying and got up and walked out without answering, We did the divorce ourselves and split the assets. She left the kids with me so she find the missing fun she had lost with me, True story, life happens, found another woman married her with 4 kids. After 40 years she passed saying she loved me. Very good story the woman trying to put it all on him, there is room for only two in a marriage and a promise to keep.

B3ndoverB3ndoveralmost 3 years ago

She got what she deserved

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

she was just as dumb as his ex boss . She tried harder with Gabe then She did with her Husband . BTB 5 Stars

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

I just can't get over how amazingly retarded this bitch truly is. I would be embarrassed to have reproduced with such a pathetic turd and I would also worry my children would inherit her moron genes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A good story of a truly selfish woman. Although I don't think I would have left her alone after already having serious concerns. But I guess maybe he was letting her tie her own noose.

I find it rich that people like her would blame the spouse. "You didn't say no". Well, considering she gave him no choice, and the fact that he shouldn't have had to convince her not to sleep with someone else.

She did a terrible job of apologizing too if she was trying to get back with Lyle. No remorse. Just I wanted him, and it should have been OK with you.

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreeneralmost 3 years ago

She was stupid and insensitive. I hear her argument, but she should have discussed it with her husband first. He is a loser either way. Sad. The only solution is for him to bed as many women as it takes in front of her, until he feels that she has been humiliated enough. Then he can decide

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yeah, the cuck grows a pair and screws over the wife, his boss, and has his life back. It's about damn time that not all of the good guys get the short end of the stick. As soon as they headed for the mountain retreat, I knew his wife was going to spend the weekend with his boss (telegraphed so well). It's ALL of what he did afterward that really made the story. I'm not really into BTB stories, but at least this one had an ending I could respect (even if the guy's wife couldn't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I was wondering why Paula didn't have to pay also . She worked for the Government and had Sex with Ken ? I am sure that her Boyfriend would have loved to hear about that weekend .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Cut and paste cuck story

Zero difference between this and pretty much any other story here. Husband sees wife flirting with boss. Sees her wearing skimpy bikini for boss. Sees her on his lap making out and being fingered blatantly in front of everyone. She tells him that she is going to fuck his boss in front of everyone. And what does he do or say? Nothing. He doesn't say a word, he just slinks away like a chastised child. And, cliché of clichés, he won't tell her parents what she did, because he wants to "be the bigger Christian" crap. When the shit hits the fan, she claims she did nothing wrong, blames him, she needed it, her husband wasn't anything special, she deserved more, it's his fault because he didn't stop her, he's being childish for not taking her back blah blah blah. Now he's sad and alone; the author's subtle hint that cheated spouses should overlook being cheated on, "Or you'll never find anyone else and die alone" garbage that most holier than thou writers spout on Lit.

This was mediocre, and more or less an exact copy of every other story here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Lots of Cuck comments. Don't Cucks get turned on by the sex? Seems to me he was just a guy willing to give his wife a chance to choose their marriage over a 'fling'. He dumped her fast and burned the lover. Not sure why so many reviews use the term Cuck for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think for an author and a man whose Boss is trying seduce your wife at a weekend retreat, when she confronted her husband and telling him that she was going to sleep with his boss Gabe, I think the husband should have exercised his right to say no you will not. that you have 10 minutes to go to our bedroom and pack up our bags and meet me down stairs ASAP. as we will be leaving and going home period.

and if she then decided to stay and sleep with his boss I would have told her not bother coming home as she will be served with divorce papers when she returned from this weekend retreat. Just to let her know that the decision she makes now, will determine their marriage for the future.

Texican1830Texican1830almost 3 years ago

One of my favorite “weekend fling” stories on here because hubby burns the bridge and the cheaters.

CDRLawCDRLawalmost 3 years ago

Ever consider a sequel?

CebcvCebcvalmost 3 years ago

there has to be a follow up please

SAV12SAV12almost 3 years ago

THE MAN DID THE RIGHT THING. IT'S 3 AGAINST 1. THEY'RE ON A MOUNTAIN ALL BY T

HEMSELVES, ONE WAY IN ONE WAY OUT. WHAT IF HE STOOD UP TO GABE AND HIS BUDDIES STEPPED IN. NOW THEY HAVE HIM AT A DISADVANTAGE, HIS WIFE KNOWS SHES HISTORY, HE LOST HIS ADVANTAGE TO SETTLE ALL ACCOUNTS. HE PLOTTED AND PLANNED HIS EXSCAPE TO GAIN TIME TO IMPLIMENT HIS PLAN AND IT WORKED BETTER THAN HE THOUGHT.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well written, engaging. Loved the burned bridge and financial ruin of Gabe. Wife got exactly what she deserved. Paula deserved some consequences.

Where's the ending? Lots more story left off the table or I would have given 5 *

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

How can a wife completely disrespect her husband and tell him she's going to spend the night with another man but things will be back to normal when they get home. I just don't understand. Oh! Wait minute I think I do that's what my EX wife did, Almost forgot about that, not!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story! There has been enough pain! Another chapter please get them back together and make her walk the line.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My wife didn't do it in front of me but I caught on to what was going on. I never actually caught her and the snake. I confronted her and threatened to divorce her even threatened to go after the snake. I didn't go after the snake. I told myself I was more of a man than that besides he had children and I didn't want to hurt them because of his womanizing ways. This had happened 20 years ago and things still bring it back to mind and I will comment about it. It had been quite a while and now good friends of ours are having marriage problems and are talking to us a lot and it's bringing up the old memories again. My wife keeps apologizing. No one ever said life is fair

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wife became a souless whore!

IFAFILHGIFAFILHGalmost 3 years ago

This stupid slut bitch whore had a choice.. be a faithful wife or a whore to his boss.. no one forced her..she made the choice.. she didn't even give hubby a choice.. just told him point blank I'm sleeping with and fucking someone else this weekend.. she deserves everything she got and maybe a lot more... she should be glad she wasn't tied to the bridge !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved and hated this story. Why did he give in on the mountain? If had spoken up and made a scene he might have saved his marriage. Despite that, I enjoyed how he got his revenge on Gabe. The very end was a letdown with still little regret on the part of his wife.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

I don't know if you read comments on your older stories, RichardGerald, but I think you are a great writer! This was a fine example. Loved it.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336almost 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story especially how he got his revenge. But I would have hit Gabe up with a nice lawsuit and exposed the wife as a cheating whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story was different and I like creative. It flowed nice and avoided the massive back story that so many writers get hung up on. Like this story, if you have a story to tell tell the story and dont do backwards.

LkochhhLkochhhalmost 3 years ago

Could he have stopped the betrayel by speaking up to his wife and his boss? Possibly. Would that have changed the outcome? Hardly. Gloria felt entitled to a prince and made do with her husband. Once she got in shape and noticed by a prince, she jumped ship right away. Now that the prince turned into a frog, she wants to return to a safe haven. Would she look out for another prince? Likely so. Would she stop looking down on her husband? Unlikely. Is he better off without her? I think so. Does he deserve better? For sure.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

rich, single and from what the story says handsome... i am pretty sure he's better off without her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Such a great story that I feel bad wishing it had one more detail - some serious pain and consequences for Paula

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

These stories, and there are a few, where the wife goes off with the other guy while they are all at the cabin really push my buttons. It's a vile thing to do. The tricky part is making it believable. This author came up with a reason for the behavior - the ugly duckling finally getting the prince. I almost feel sorry for her, but not enough. The good wife would remember that her husband wanted her when she was an ugly duckling and the princes didn't want her, but she doesn't remember this even at the end.

mac1729mac1729almost 3 years ago

Sometimes bridges are burned the can't be rebuilt

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She's a slut and she got hers. Too bad she and the rest, except Paula, wouldn't have either burned in a fire or starved to death. I hope she now has an incurable disease. Too bad she wouldn't have gotten knocked up. She's a POS whore, tried to destroy her husband, and deserves nothing but excruciating pain...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sucks

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 3 years ago

No discussion of trust. How could he ever trust her again not to do what she did with someone else. How could she expect him to forgive her and get back together when there is no contriteness and no indication that it wouldn't reoccur.

I liked it. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good writing there man, the story flows well with solid characters, nicely done all in all...

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

Just couldn't do it huh Richard? Despite the fact that the wife behaved in the most heinous way. You just couldn't let the husband have his self respect. Fuck the bridge, The whole lodge should have went up in smoke.

012Say012Sayover 2 years ago

I have read more than once. Someone compared my writing toy yours. I would be pleased if it were true. Most LW wives follow the basic theme of your story, so to make it interesting takes building a solid tale around a cheating wife. This is an extraordinary example. BTB with real gasoline. “B” could stand for bridge. I particularly like the conflicting emotion at the end. Whether he would be better off is not the path to his solution. Whether one agrees is not the point, the path chosen is reasonable from the story told. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sexecutioner, burns the lodge down. Does fifteen to twenty for arson and attempted murder.

Wife gets the house and the kids gets to keep fucking The arsehole, who still has a viable business.

Great self respect there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It needs an epilogue or another page to really finish off the story. The quick ending seemed to make for an unfinished story waiting for a chapter two or something. I still don't know if this was a BTBitch or BTBastard (his boss) or if it's supposed to be a RAAC story. I only say that because of how the story ending could be flipped in chapter two by allowing the ex and kids to spend some time at home for the holidays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Magnificent

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very realistic and not far from what happened to me when my wife went off to fuck my older boss for the weekend.There was no bridge but I did disable all the cars and trashed our business by moving money like he did.I left at night and was gone 12 hours before I got a call at home.Never spoke to her again and left England for US two days later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's pretty evident the wife felt she settled for her hubby. Lyle wssn't all that likeable, but he loved his wife and kids. She tossed him aside the first chance she got and the lodge probably wasn't the first time she fckd Gabe. It was sweet to read how he took down Gabe, by doing something so simple. Just proved that Gabe wasn't smart at all. I don't know WTF she wss thinking, obviously had zero respect for Lyle. The humiliation she heaped on him would never overcome in 10 lifetimes. The hubris when she tried to blame him was unbelieveable. She will always know it was she that threw him away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Meh, why do people end their stories so prematurely? There needs to be more than this ending, we need to see him move on, see her suffer more. This ends too abruptly.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Mrfriendly, I have no problem with the end. He IS moving on, her suffering is obvious, we don't need to wallow in her misery.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Mrfriendly, there are a couple of decent sequels that give a little of the aftermath of this couple. The Bridge, and Vulchez’s great How Are You are my favorites of LW.

zeuspmzeuspmover 2 years ago

one of the best stories on this site so far. a bit vague ending open for sequel was a bold move. all the takes by other authors on this classic don't do justice to this at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The ending is a cop out. Gloria made it sound like that she settled for Lyle because nobody else wanted her. Lyle should’ve clarified that.

I would have liked to have known how things were going Between Gloria and Lyle after a few more months. Would Gloria keep trying to pursue Lyle in hopes of a reconciliation?

Would Lyle ever consider a reconciliation?

Apparently these questions will be forever unanswered

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not the ending I wanted, but a better one. It left an indefinable sense of incompleteness that is more realistic than the tidy wrap up most stories end with. Other stories I've read on here have that same theme of the wife saying she just wanted a little fling because she was entitled and the next week everything would be back to normal with nary a ripple. I see the theme so often I'm thinking there must be something to it.

She was full of rationalizations when things didn't go according to plan. What she did was contemptible and so, that was what she was. This was a good good story. I gave it four stars because I couldn't handle the ending. I should have given it five.

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24over 2 years ago

Ok, I am re-reading this again and still enjoyed it as the first time. Altough I noticed now how the 'husband' and 'wife' relationship lacks any showing of love, their first conversation in the novel lacked a lot of emotion, there is not pet names that they call each other or things like that. Altough the story does well to present us the situation, the lack of warm showing in the relationship before the 'incident' hits a little in the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was just as much his fault for not picking his foot down. I myself messed up and now regret it. Mainly because when I seen that she Cloris my wife was going through with it it hit meand I blew my top. She had told me she was going to bed with Phil a guy she had dated and was her boss. I really think I was 8n shock. I went to get her before she done something she would regret . They had just shut the door when I got to the end of the hall so I knew not much could have happened. I got to the door and knocked yes Phil said. I said Cloris I will not tolerate this behavior you need to come out right now! Phil said go to your room and I will be done with her in the morning. I said this is your last chance I will leave and will contact a lawyer Monday. That way it I kicked the door open and it had hit Phil knocking them both to the floor. Cloris jumped up and came to me fast trying to hugg me saying she was sorry please forgive me and take me home. She turned and kicked Phil in the privates and said she quit. We left. We talked a lot about what had happened and all thought was to late to check we actually think Phil might have put something in her drink. Laterhe did get fired from his job because of serial harassment.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 2 years ago

"Answer me this," she said, "Are you better off alone without me or would it be better with me and our kids around the Christmas tree tonight?"

"Answer *me this*," he said, "Am I better off with you, spending the rest of my life wondering when you'll pull a repeat, or getting you out of my life while I still have a chance of finding a faithful wife?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

it is a good story, I wish their was another chapter on showing what happen to Gabe and his buddy's. And Gloria down the road as a cheating wife and Lyle takes another wife and rubs it in Gloria face,

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

I'm not sure any man would stand by and do nothing if they were in his shoes in the beginning

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just a stupid person cheating on a good husband and thinking it would be OK. Got to love the husband for not putting up with her cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My wife Sara and I were at a Labor Day party sponsored be the company I worked for. I really like my work but didn't care for 2 of the upper managers. Jeff Johnson and Dan Hill. They got the job done but didn't mind stepping on others toes to get what they wanted. I had seen in the past with them that they would use the scare tactics of the 4 security guards to get their way even heard of 3 times that the security guard had beaten a man up. No one ever done anything to stop it. Eddie a good friend and coworker had talked to me about Jeff and Dan had flirted with his wife Beth and danced with her more than he cared for. He also said he talked to Beth and she said he was just overreacting. He said that they had some arguments over it . This happened at past parties and when he and Beth were out dancing at a dance club. He also said he thought it was getting worse and that he didn't want to lose his family. I told him that I would be there for him any time. I got my chance that night. When I seen Beth being led by Jeff out of the ballroom the party was in and Eddie was full steam ahead going after them and Lou the big black guard going after him. I had already had Sara take some inappropriate pictures of what the snake's had done. I told Sara to keep recording (the best was when she had was when Dan was putting something in Beth's drink. I took off after them because I knew there was going to be trouble and Eddie needed help. I grabbed David and Bob telling them to come now. Just as Eddie was was approaching Dale the other security guard asking if Jeff and Beth were in the room he was standing at? He said yes and Eddie you need to stay out of this. That is when shit hit the fan. Eddie flew into Dale and when Lou was about to hit Eddie in the back I yelled at him and kicked him in the knee. I was lucky when he threw punches at me I ducked and he hit a metal door with one. I clocked him and he swung again missing hitting a post. Then another kick in the knee and he was down. I put him in cuffs his cuffs that is. Then I helped Eddie with Dale. Eddie kicked the door open. Evidently Jeff was opening it at the same time because he was laid out on the floor. Just about that time Dan Hill was coming from down the hall yelling what the Hell is going on you 2 are fired. Sara yelled I don't think so saying smile you are in the movies. He went to grab her phone and David slugged his putting him down. Eddie was with Beth when I got to the door and you could tell she was drugged. I suggested that we get her to the hospital soon and get her checked out and make sure they test her for drugs. She had been drugged. In the end Jeff and Dan were fired and moved away. We also have new security guards. Beth hasn't flirted any that I have ever seen and Eddie and her seem to be doing really good. They have 4 children now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love the reply of "Ambivalence". Gloria evidently wanted that fucking with Gabe & should've been leery about him saying that he'll reward Lyle if Gloria's nice to him. So Lyle didn't say no directly but indirectly, BUT!!! should a husband have to tell his wife "NO"? Should a wife even want to spend the night with another man if she's so in love with her husband? Her telling him he didn't have a choice, that she's going to do it was just foul, totally disrespectful.

The only thing I was wondering is, after the mountain hike & seeing Gloria sitting in Lyle's lap & kissing him, not yelling & asking WTF's going on. I would've also liked to know the conversation between Lyle & his inlaws. Other than that, great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cuck stories suck! No man stays in a room listening to his wife screw another man LOUDLY. I would have burned the house with all of them in it! As well as the bridge!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

sorry, needs a part 2 to get a 5 instead of 4. well written though. really enjoyed how he got some revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My impression is that the Gabe character was an idiot. Treat an essential employee of the business badly and humiliate him, then expect it wouldn't rebound?? If that essential, then to use the expression, "Why sh*t where you eat?". The writing, like all Richard Gerald's work, is excellent, but the action is not logical. But then again, who knows with major business people today? Their morality (or lack thereof) is clearly different than normal people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Are you sure there isn't a sequel where he is manipulated into being the happy cuckold at the last minute? It's not like you to let them get away from the women who humiliates them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Just don't care for cheating especially cuckolding. I would like to see another chapter where the couple get back together. Then the ex-boss tries to get back at the husband for breaking him and the snake goes down again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The question about being better of alone or with her and the children you really don't know unless you tried both. I knew I would be better of with my wife and family and I made her go get checked out for std's and still it took a while to even wanting sex with her. No I didn't cause her fling man to go broke but I made sure he kept an eye on his wife. Never heard of him cheating again either. I heard he was sore from someone sneaking up and kicking him in the nuts a few times. LOL!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - that is just because he did divorce the nasty bitch. No morals, no trust and no honor - What is left to continue their 16 year marriage with, now that she flushed it down the toilet? He did not do anything to deserve the disrespect and humiliation his ex-wife heaped upon him. He did the only thing he could to recover some semblance of his manhood - he got revenge. She got exactly what every slut, skanky, cheating, despicable whore deserves - to be one sad lonely divorced bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story....loved thst the husband didn't take it laying down

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Much better without someone that would humilate him . She would not have his back she would have the next lovers back everytime. I'm kind of amazed this story didn't do the being a happy cuckold is what strong men do.All I have read so far other than this the author takes a strong person who would never stand or be with someone who disrespects them and then in the last few paragraphs changes them into one meekly accepting his cuckold lot in life .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good. hubby stayed strong. Wife and Gabe got what they deserved. Good story. Way, way better than Another Love.

1...56789...11
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous