All Comments on 'The Bridge'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 1,031 Comments (Page 8)
brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

She says it was going to only be one weekend… bullshit! Once she got a taste with no consequences… it would leave to more infidelity. And, his boss would expect it every time his desire wanted it. He did good and taugh them a lesson. A lesson she still hasn’t learned because she is mad at her husband… really a stupid person. Thanks

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

It was a fun story, decently written. I think if the woman had been written as being slightly less of an entitled bitch (but writers cant do that as BTB's tend to aim at getting the chest thumpers all riled up) it could have had more of an emotional impact...beyond the anger this type of wife is written to elicit.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 2 years ago

Familiarity breeds contempt? Gloria just couldn't be that stupid -- a Ph.D. psychologist?

I mean, wanting some strange from an "alpha" prince of a man is one thing. At least have the decency to try and keep her cheating secret though! But doing it in front of her husband and everyone rubbing his nose in it showed an utter lack of respect and indeed, contempt. Real love for an equal always has a bit of fear attached. Gloria maybe fears him now. I'll bet she is finally past her "anger issues."

Power does corrupt. And women do measure their own social status power based on their sexual attractiveness as much as anything else. Gloria let her own status increase corrupt not only her morals but commonsense.

Such a thoughtful story in so many ways.

Still 5 stars on this reread.

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

Without trust there cannot be any love

When trust becomes broken it is virtually impossible to rebuild

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very very short stupid ending…you wasted the first full page in explaining the profession of the husband and spared very little to create an interesting story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story-enjoyed it very much. Would like to see you writing a lot more with a similar theme.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Minden írásodnál a hülyén elvágott befejezéssel van baj,5 csillagot szerettem volna adni a kiváló szerkesztésért,de ezért csak 3 a vége miatt! Sajnálom!!!

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Once again OPEN ended story, for F### sake completely finish a story. Damn you have a great talent but if you continue to leave your tales without closure you will never realise your potential

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Lawrie, there us a difference between a conclusion and a conclusion that you find satisfying.

I wouldn't end the story this way either but this story was absolutely concluded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A different meaning of BTB. Burn the bridge. Lmao. Well written. Kind of an abrupt ending tho.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Second read and it is still a winner. Poor little fat girl needed someone other then her loving husband to let her believe that she was a woman worth wanting. I guess that sticking with him for 16 years and creating the family and lifestyle most people would envy wasn't enough for Gloria. She wanted to grab the gold ring on the carousel of life and her husband was just the ride she was saddled on at the end of her ride. One point: 5 percent body fat on anyone would be anorexic. If she was athletic and in good shape she would still have 10 to 15 percent body fat.

Old_LionOld_Lionover 2 years ago

WTF?? Where did the story go? To my eyes, it just faded to Black, went flaccid and just did nothing...

Such a big disappointment, the story fading to NOTHING, absolutely nothing. at. all. Zip, zero, zilch, nothing at all. sigh...!

No stars at all, for annoying me and wasting my valuable time.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 2 years ago

Only Idiots demand perfection

What has he got to loose by spending Christmas as a starter

EzrollinEzrollinover 2 years ago

A well written and insightful story but with what in my opinion are some major flaws. First their was no real seduction of the wife. Any woman that would give up sixteen years of marriage that easily isn't worth giving a second chance, she would only do it again at some point. Second, like others pointed out, the ending was too abrupt. A slower secduction and a better ending would have only taken about one more page...meant as helpful critizium. Gave it four stors instead of five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting. If it were real, I would have agreed to both. One: she should not have made such a display in front of not only her husband, but all those in attendance as well. A husband should be allowed to retain his dignity & manhood. Two: Yes, he should have let her know that if she slept with the other man, that it would cause harm to & possibly even destroy the marriage. I know that some will think that obvious, but just like the law, when it is there before your eyes, as you are deciding a course of action & you choose to do it anyway, don't cry when you are caught & punished. As far as the last, that is probably the most important question of all. Can we move on without our spouses? Of course, but are we actually better off?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why does the husband bear any responsibility to facilitate healing or reconciliation after all the feces that was crammed down his throat?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, this is my second reading. I still can’t believe: A a wife would do that to a man she loved, and :B the man wouldn’t spell out if she did spend the night with the asshole, he would immediately file for divorce.

No ambiguity there.

I get terribly upset at these story types. These are the type I’m all for a BTB endings.

Bill S.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

So much pain, just have to give it five stars. That was tongue in cheek.

She blamed him at the end for not saying 'no!' after it all "decided". She used that word that night. This is after all that had happened, all the "coziness" earlier in the day and evening. And she knew what was to happen for the weekend (villain had been on the phone with her ever since the Christmas party) and had shared nothing with her husband. And her conduct at that party! Her pleading at the final Christmas Eve was not honest or objective. All her reasons were aimed at creating some sort of joint guilt, and thus denied her sole guilt at acquiescing . Did she "deserve" to be taken back?

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 2 years ago

I’ve put off re-reading this story for near to a year (I find it hard to believe I’m even on Literotica for a year. I read a story in an off had manner, to kill time during the pandemic lock down. And, as a result, I haven’t stopped. Of course I’m now off on a tangent, sorry. For me it’s a double edged sword. I used to read 30 to 40 books a year. I haven’t read one book since I’m on here, and it disturbs me. That’s something I have to work out). I’m sorry that it’s taken me so long to read it again. Richard Gerald is an excellent writer. I put him in a class with George Anderson and Kalimaxos. I’m sure there must be others, but I just haven’t come across them as yet.

I just about stick to ‘’Loving Wives” exclusively. One might find this odd, as I am bi-sexual, or pansexual I call it lately as it really applies to me. I’m also very turned on by Lesbian stories, as I’ve known and been friends with a number of them, including in the biblical sense. I’ve gone to bed and had great sex with a few, some with my ex wife, and some alone. I used to have a friend who one might call a “diesel dyke,” and for all intents and purposes, we were in a “friends with benefits” relationship...with a tremendous amount of kissing and foreplay. I really enjoy sex with men almost as much as with women. But, LW seem to hold my interest totally on here. There are very few stories with plots that haven’t be written to some degree at least. I realize that the stories one read on here are fiction. But, of course many are based on true experiences.

The plot of The Bridge, comes very close to “February Sucks;” “Just Once,’’ and at least another 5 or 6 others that I could name. The premise is the same....I wife leaves the husband to commit adultery, saying the same things, and expecting to come back to none, or very few consequences, No story has effected me as has this one. The other two mentioned have come close though. Even re-reading and knowing exactly what is going to occur, still gives me a physical, and mental reaction. I literally get a tight feeling in my gut, and find myself angry and not wanting to speak to anyone for a while. Obviously, I had a similar situation in my life. It was with my second wife, who was “the love of my life.”

There are quite a few nuances that one can read into this story. I’ve now read it three times, and will read it again, most likely more than just once. Each time see and learn other things. And although the plot line seems quite simple at first, one realizes that that’s far from the truth pretty quickly. I’d really like to see more sequels by other writers as the others I’ve mentioned have had. Some of them have been pure crap, and some have been quite good. The story begs for more. As for the ending, I’m unable to make a decision as to what I’d like it to be. And, just for your info, I ALWAYS root for a happy ending with reconciliation.

It’s a great story that’s well written and plotted. My hat’s off to Mr.Gerald.

As

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Still need part 2and they get back together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've reread this story several times. Very well written.

At first i didn't understand the sudden flaunting with Gabe at the retreat.

Now i do.

This was not a sudden Slut Ray Gun hitting Gloria.

This was part of an ongoing affair.

It began, or at least the first physical seen action, was the passionate kiss at New Years.

However, there was continual emotional connection with "flirting" phone calls which she accepted and apparently encouraged.

This culminated with the weekend.

There was an eight month affair ongoing; a minor physical one but certainly a strong emotional one. I assume she could not have been so flagrant at the lodge without that strong emotional bond.

Would that have been the end of it if Lyle accepted her back? Frankly, i have strong doubts.

Maybe, maybe, if she and her husband had remained a couple that weekend until she approached her husband in private about spending the night with Gabe.

Her public humiliation, repeatedly, of her husband cannot be rationaled away.

Until she explains that i would have a hard time reuniting with her.

My concern would be my children. Tough.

Is her better off with her than without? Good question and a proper ending. There is no good answer.

Samson

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hate cuck stories, until you have been cheated on and walked in on it you can never never understand the pain and humiliation and never trusting a women again. All women are liars and cheaters, just to different degrees

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Could be definitely completed, extremely great story well written but needs definite closure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was the very first story I read when I stumbled on to literotica. Still my favorite

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You must be superman. Carrying a 20 gallon can of gas weighs over 160 pounds not an easy task

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sadly she earned the cold lonely Christmas.

What happened that weekend was fully premeditated. It had been set up over many preceding months.

Regardless of her kidding herself that she "asked" him late that night about going to bed with Gabe, her behaviour right up to that point was disgraceful even if her at that point hub had told her to stop. How come she couldn't tell herself to stop?

A woman who has made herself as fit and desirable as she was still has such a fragile ego that she needs the approval of the 1% sharks of this world and is willing to trade her body to get it?

She even told her husband in that Christmas attempted reconciliation experience that he was nothing special.

So in this case serve her right, make her a poster girl as a warning to those who follow in her footsteps.

And after Christmas make sure the kids know why everybody can't return to the family home.

She threw it all away. Her responsibility to carry the blame.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 2 years ago

Half-a-story! Very poor development, very sketchily put together, months of a simmering affair from the New Years passionate kiss through to the very brazen and callous Hubby-insulting public-humilliation of a slap-round-the-face and a sustained kick-in-the-crotch, inflicted with all the romance of a Black Widow Spider, -with nothing but a few phone calls to grow the affair from a momentary kiss, all the way through to Virgin-Bride's betrayal after sixteen years of unquestioned devotion!?!?

After all that, the ending was SO feeble that it was negatively anti-climatic!

A good-enough plot line, with plenty of potential, hastily scribbled out with insufficient development, so very disappointing, IMHO.

2Reader2Readerabout 2 years ago

You people need to learn how to end a story. So many of these stories and they are good. This one is good but all the endings just cut off nothing to tell us how things turn out. Not just the months during & after but later on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story until the very end. She really doesn't apologize for what she did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story, until the ending. It dropped like a lead balloon. But that is par for the course on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a yarn,,,This is about the 4th time I've read this story but this time I started at the bridge...the first part was too painful...The payback was so sweet tho. The metaphor of the bridge has some kind of special power to it. Shifting the funds was so slight of hand....It's odd to me that Gloria was appealingly written in some way an I liked her. I don't feel disgust towards her but what she did was so disgustingly hurtful and selfish. Somehow she had a sort of center stage effect in this tale. Odd...

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

I found my way back to this story yet again. There are a couple of stories where the wife decides to spend the night in someone else's bed while in a cabin with her husband. I think this may well be the best of them. It really pushes my buttons like few stories do. She earned her fate. You can't come back from that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is one of the few Richard Gerald stories where the main character does not remain a total puss cuckold.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

The sheer disrespect...i would tell her she's lucky i burned the bridge and not the house...but that could still be rectified

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Rereading this, I changed the rating from five stars to four. Not moralizing here, just analyzing! It's interesting, painfully pushes buttons and it's very cleverly put together, nicely written but there are obvious false premises not worked out or even challenged. (I know, like that doesn't ever happen in real life!) Gloria asserts at the end that there is shared guilt. Where?? She says it was just once, (it wasn't -- last Christmas party's events were over the line, as well as the telephone conversations not made known to hubby) but it obviously would have gone on at will afterward. Gabe the boss said that was his intent. Gloria was just fine with humiliating her husband, breaking his spirit, shamelessly getting screwed by the big shot boss, and would have continued to be that way. She wrecked the family, not the MC.' "Made a mistake..." No. 2+2=5 is a mistake. As written, she got what she wanted, setting afire ("burning down", ahem) the trusting marital relationship, and yes, had pain later but had apparently not changed one bit toward being a better person. She had not earned a chance for a fresh start. She's even angry! The MC's response was just fine, except that this sure looks like a case where immediate nonlethal violence against boss-man Gabe might have been just fine. No jury of men would convict!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Don't see how he could take her back and it would be "easy". Being as how he's lost truthfulness and trust in his wife. Bad things to live without.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story but too abrupt on the ending. Why do intentional cheaters always talk in terms of "mistakes" when caught? Willful unfaithfulness, humiliating a spouse and then lying about your motives is truly the evil of selfishness. Doesn't look like she'll ever take responsibility for her actions that destroyed her family, she only wants to play the blame game. Hope the rest of her life is filled with misery! Don't know why he didn't see he was infinitely better off without her than with, even if it meant less time with his kids. Nobody is worth the price of your dignity.

Helen1899Helen1899about 2 years ago

A massive fire when the bridge burnt, must have been seen for miles yet it took Gabe about 3 days to realise it, what a joke. That spoilt the story and the lack of a proper ending made it worse

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story but the ending was too much emphasis on the philosophy and not on her betrayal. Given his behavior he didn't give her much of a response about it.

Daggy1965Daggy1965about 2 years ago

I think the MC is acting like a Cuckold. Any man who can watch another man paw his wife all day and sleep with her at night and do nothing? I'm angry just reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A really good short story. I’m not sure Literotica is the right place for it, it’s not so much erotic as a great read.

But really good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The only problem with this story is why wasn't the Law called in to investigate

the bridge burning. Wooden Plank Bridges are approx 3 inch thick Oak Planks.

Those planks are very hard to burn quickly, Plus you got to start them burning.

20 gallon of gasoline might only sing them a little. Experience!!

I know this is only a story and I enjoyed it a LOT!! rated a big 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Gee whiz. I only fucked him and belittled you. Why are you being so childish? Greta ending. She belongs divorced. Only too bad for the kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The husband was written as absurdly passive up the fuckathon. Nobody but a weak cuck would behave that way, and the character wasn't written up to that point as a cuck. The slut, in effect in her final dialogue, says she settled for the MC. Would any woman be that stupid? As for her attractiveness, anyone who has run marathons knows that the women look anorexic, which isn't hot in the least. That was a poor bit of character development.

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

Ok, you're not a jealous man and you trust your wife. Those are good things. But, even with those qualities how do you not say anything when your boss French kisses your wife at the Christmas party? How do you not say anything when you find out he has her cellphone # and told her about the mountain getaway before he told you???

The ex is right, he's not innocent. He had two chances to stop this from happening and he just kept his mouth shut.

LeontheKingLeontheKingabout 2 years ago

I always find these indecent proposal types of stories hard to swallow. What could possibly be going through a partners brain to think that this could in any way be okay with their partners?

In almost everyone of them like in "He used to be my Idol" and the recent "Indecent Proposal" the proposition is sprung on the partner with little or no warning giving him no time to respond and when he doesn't respond favourably to the arrangement his partner and the other always act surprized that he didn't like the idea of his partner being used as a paid whore.

Why are the rich villains always infantile in their need to fuck other mens wives?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just like another comment I read I would like to see another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One question to shut her up “What would you have done if I fucked my hot little 26 year old secretary in front of you?”, and watch the little cunt blow up with divorce and turning the kids against him. So fucken tired of this woke bull shit I am an independent women I can fuck around and my stupid hubby gets fucked in the courts when he pisses in my Cheerios after trying to set me straight. Weather male or female cheating is wrong because yes when you get married your body dosen’t belong to you anymore it belongs to your spouse listen to the words husbands submit to your wife and wives submit to your husband!!!!! END OF STORY why we need this liberal crap crushed no questions asked when we here it spoken as the complete and utter bull shit it is!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One presumes it took them a few days to find the bridge was out was because they were 'enjoying themselves' to much. The knew Lyle had left so they got on with it. Gloria had to wait for the others as she had no car. Anyway, I agree had it been me I would have told Gabe to stop trying it on with Gloria and telling Gloria the same. I feel how the others got burned would have been well worth adding. Plus, just because Lyle did not say no as such, he did not give a yes either, meant she would have done it regardless, so tough luck to her. The story is OK but it could have been filled out a lot more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"Are you better off alone without me or would it be better with me and our kids around the Christmas tree tonight?"

Pretty presumptuous statement from a unremorseful entitled cheating slut. That's the thing about cheaters. They cheat because they feel entitled to cheat and after cheating the feel absolutely entitled to reconciliation as their given right. It’s assumed the cheated upon spouse will keep their commitment to the cheaters. It’s irrelevant that cheaters didn’t keep their commitments. They cheater still expects you to be bound by your honor!

Cheaters love to natter on about unconditional love. How dare you judge them, they’re still good people who did “bad” (see Caveats A through Z) things. Cheaters demand that you recognize their inherent goodness. Unconditionally. Because it's all good you see because… well, they have some FINE OUTSTANDING QUALITIES other than cheating. They demand that you recognize that they are more than the sum of their fucking around on you. They’re wonderful people deserving of your unconditional love and respect because.... damn it, they said so! Don't pay any attention to the fact they they just emotionally gutted you with their betrayal.

You don’t owe a remorseful cheater reconciliation. You're not obliged to honor a broken contract which the cheater broke in the first place. Just get the hell out of the relationship as fast as you can and get a real life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Of course he's better off without her. "You didn't say no" is horseshit. "I was the fat girl" is also nonsense. She was selfish and self absorbed. Now she doesn't like it when somebody says no thanks? There was no truth in what Gloria said. Lyle was a semi-strong character, don't turn him into a self-doubting cuck.

FireputterouterFireputterouterabout 2 years ago

The moment she asks if he is better off with or without her. He just needs to ask her one question. Will you be better off with or without me when I fuck your boss in front of you and the rest of your work mates in the future? If you say yes then fine you can come back but judt remember I'll be setting it up sometime in the future and you won't know in advsnce. It'll just happen and the minute you open your mouth and say a word about it you will forego anything in the divorce. Kinda like a prenup

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 years ago

Slut wife thinks that she deserves to get to fuck around AND get to come back to her husband and get forgiven for her actions. Hubby fucked both lovers over. Destroying his boss's business and divorcing his slut wife. Myself I prob would have hurt them both but that is just me. 5 stars great story.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdabout 2 years ago

Great One but felt a Little bit Rushed.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69about 2 years ago

This might be my fourth or fifth time reading this story. One would think that after all this time, I’d be immune to the emotional buttons its trying to push. Suffice to say, I get physically upset ( a knot in the pit of my stomach....REALLY! ), and then, after which I get angry at myself for falling into this emotional, psychological, tear jerking trap, yet again. But, NOOOOOOOO, I stub my toe on the same proverbial rock over and over again. What a schmuck I must be.

The crux of the story; the premise is extremely difficult swallow. In any event, here is my take on how things would, or should (with myself I’d like to believe...really) proceed. Plain and simple, first, I agree with everything Lyle did, plus some which I will explain,

How any woman could possibly think that any man could, or would retain his self respect, and that of his peers, friends, and colleagues after she would go upstairs with asshole to fuck him all night? Unless he is a sissy, or cuckold (as shown in many Literotica, Loving Wives stories), no man with even a modicum of self respect would take her back, no matter what. Of course he should have told her IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, when they were talking in the kitchen and she was telling him (not asking permission) that she was going to go upstairs with asshole Zilo to spend the night fucking him....you have choice, stay with me and stay married and we will go to marriage counciling to try and save our marriage which has taken a major hit which has greatly lessened it’s chance of survival and is on very thin ice just from you even suggesting that you want to spend the night fucking asshole Zilo; or, you can go upstairs with asshole and fuck him all night, breaking your marriage vows, humiliate me, your husband of sixteen years, the father of your children, whom you’re supposed to love, beyond belief in front of all these people (not to mention all the people that will hear about it second hand), after which our marriage will be no more, ABSOLUTELY, POSSITIVELY 100% FOR SURE. Gloria, if you go with him, what will happen is quite simple. you. and I will no longer be married, full stop!!!

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69about 2 years ago

Forgot to say:

I agree 100% with Fireputterouter’s post below: "The moment she asks if he is better off with or without her. He just needs to ask her one question. Will you be better off with or without me when I fuck your boss in front of you and the rest of your work mates in the future? If you say yes then fine you can come back but judt remember I'll be setting it up sometime in the future and you won't know in advsnce. It'll just happen and the minute you open your mouth and say a word about it you will forego anything in the divorce. Kinda like a prenup

fifteen16fifteen16about 2 years ago

Like others i am drawn reading this writers stories over and over again. One could say hubby should have acted on his bad feeling upon their arrival. He should have had the conversation with wifey straight away, telling of his misgivings. Nipped it in the bud. Freudzslip69 makes the point that when wifey is telling hubby she is going to bed with Gabe. He should have emphatically said no and outlined the consequences. Given that the whole weekend was pre planned , wifey felt entitled and add in alcohol and drugs would it have made any difference what he said. Another view is , he should not need to say anything, No husband or wife should have to police their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well that ending was shit

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

I have read this multiple times I keep wanting to see the wife accepting the wrong of her behavior and seeking forgiveness. Another definition of insanity I guess. Great story well written. Thank you for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

👍👍

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

MC IS A CUCK!! Trash story not worth reading

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great revenge on the skank and boss!!

GuSannGuSannalmost 2 years ago

Ok... First of all, he is cuck... If he was man enought, he will have said No! And take her home, or at least, said when you get back home, expect to be serve.... But there is a lot of potencial in this story to continue... Its a shame it didnt...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mostly good story especially the bridge burning and the aftermath. However, she never accepts the blame. Where is the regret? Where is the shame from her parents and from her kids? That part is missing. Just more pain for our hero. Ughh.

Avalon101Avalon101almost 2 years ago

Fantastic story, i like the detail and the emotions from the characters, well written story. I was really hoping he would take her back, man-up and no be so revengeful. I have it 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Beware the caterpillar (chubby girl or guy) that becomes a beautiful butterfly (becomes a hottie) they seem to tend to loose their heart and soul, becoming self centered and not considering anyone else's feelings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

How would she have felt if he had a fling?

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

"Answer me this," she said, "Are you better off alone without me or would it be better with me and our kids around the Christmas tree tonight?"

"Well, since you proved I can no longer trust you to be faithful, assuming you ever were, and that you are not averse to doing something to hurt me, I figure, yes, I'm better not having you around me. Less chance of someone stabbing me in the back, huh?"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Finally, RichardGerald writes a man who doesn’t take shit lying down. Good on him!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh, and the last poster wrote the perfect ending!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don't think Gabe would be able to sex for quite a while. It's hard to have sex when genitalia is swollen to size of a grape fruit. He also might have difficulties have sex in a body cast.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I would like to see chapter 2 and they get back together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why is does this even remotely have an open ending? Reconciliation is simply not possible in this situation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She’s still holding onto anger and bitterness . She still partially blames him. She cares less about him and more about her and them. She’s learned next to nothing. She shouldn’t be there like some ghoul hanging around his house trying to haunt him. She should be crawling o. Her hands and knees begging him and taking all the blame. She’s the one with insecurity issues. She’s the one that betrayed their family. She needs to own that if she’s serious about a second chance. She’s still of the illusion that they share blame here and can talk it out. A post nuptial, a fwb situation, letting him beat her with consent, therapy for her only, and many many other things she could be actively doing. She’s too lazy and entitled. You literally can’t take someone like that back, even if you wanted to.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Gabe is a piece of crap. Glad he went down. What's with these people that think they can step away from a marriage and then go back to what it was before how stupid. I would like to see them get back together and start over. I say that because she killed their first marriage. There's no going back believe me . My wife and I remarried and so far so good. The rich arrogant asshole that caused our troubles has had a few whippens not from me I didn't think he was worth going to jail over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good.....he did not fall for the words of the cheating skank Gloria!!

Why do cheaters insist they deserve another chance, or downplay sex!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To much philosophy. The bottom line is that she chose his boss over him publicly. End of story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She wanted the golden boy, she had settled for a guy. And then chose the golden boy. But did she ever think that her husband CHOSE her? Even when she was plump? He acccepted har as is, and she dumped all of that

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One are always better off alone than with an selfish vile wife

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I wonder if Paula, acolyte to the “golden boys”, the supposedly smart one, learned anything from all this. She seemed spectacularly ineffective in her designated role of “fixer” that weekend. Wait, didn’t she say she was an actual government employee at her day job? Well there you go, that answers some of the questions about her and her expertise. A short paragraph of Paula’s internal dialogue with herself during that long weekend would have been a hoot!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Something that always bothers me about stories like this is that the bodyguard/fixers never seem to be punished for the pain they helped inflict.

I wasn't overly thrilled with the conclusion, either, but that seems to be par for the course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The Author is good; very good at writing.

He has a very high ratio of followers to number of stories.

The hard working husband in this story is one to keep control of himself in dire situations.

The husband does well to remove the man that screwed his wife from his business.

I personally would of like to see physical harm to this man by removing his ability to

enjoy sex with anyone again. The wife, she was not punished enough; still the story deserves a big 5 --- Hey every one has their own threshold and tolerance. GREAT STORY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well written piece but I would have wished for a little more conclusive ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I bet the wife had been fucking the boss ever since the Christmad party. They just got to the point that they wanted the extra thrill of humiliation for the hubby. Gloria was so pretty and so sexy, how could she sit in her hubby's bosses lap in the pool topless. I don't care whose boss he was I would drag my wife out of there and prob kick the bosses ass at the same time. I have known to be kinda violent at times like that. 10 stars

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

It would be so tempting to take her back. But then I would never have let her sit in his bosses lap. "Honey, can I have a private conversation with you, now please. Okay, you sitting in another mans lap isn't working for me. Did you think that I would be ok with that? Here is how it going to go, go pack your bags we are leaving now. If you refuse and stay we are getting divorced. What would you prefer?" She would say "we are just playing around, and we aren't doing anything wrong and I am not leaving.," then story would play out as written but at least she was forewarned. Fucking slut, there is NO excuse for a thing like that to husband. She asked for all the pain she got and more. Oh her poor fat girl history. Shit that is all the more reason to shit on her! Still 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wife didn't suffer enough for her betrayal. Otherwise, good story.

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

Amazing story! This will go Down as one of the all time favorites. So many emotions brought out. I wish I could write half as good as this writer. 10 stars

PorthosandPatPorthosandPatalmost 2 years ago

I've read this story at least half a dozen times and still the wife's actions disturb me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5/5. BTB. You changed it to burn the bridge. I love it.

The words of the wife contrast so heavily to the conversation at the end. Another dose of proof that she will only lie to him

5/5. Thank you

Nato_

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

They should have never married. If the "settled" for him with "lower expectations", it wasn't love, it was desperation. His mistake was in letting it start. Shut it down the minute she was on the bosses lap, HARD. You have to defend what is yours, and if she still does it, it is totally her fault. His way of dealing with it, while costly and hurtful, never really hurt the "golden boy". It just hurt himself. And one night 17 years down the road is far worse than one night first married. She shunned everyone in the family for her own precious ego.

Cringo31Cringo31almost 2 years ago

I like others continue to come back to this story over and over. I think it has so much emotion and pain wrapped up in so few pages. You feel the angst as he traverses his situation. The husband may not have been perfect but he was honest and hard working and she still stabbed him in the back. Great writing

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

2 stars - I dislike this story because the SLUT wife is portrayed as a simple, naive, brainless, bimbo.

What normal, well adjusted, woman on the face of this earth could ever think it was OK for her to fuck another man in front of her husband and NOT expect to get burned? The husband should have set fire to the entire house, out buildings and the bridge. That should have been the outcome of the weekend. Then everything would have been a lot different. The SLUT, the ASSHOLE and their friends would have had to work a whole lot harder to get off that mountain. HAHAHA

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 2 years ago

Looks like I never graded this story but this is the best RG story. Everywhere else he fails one way or another, sometimes even by writing totally disgusting cuck drivel.

This story, on the contrary, is well done. Even as a social comment it is pretty decent as well:

"We live in a society that supports the few over the many on the myth of some secret genius that they possess"

I immediately thought about Elon Musk, another empty vessel but hardly anything attractive as a man. Gabe Zilo is a good construct.

5 stars though the financial mumbo-jumbo is regrettable though functional.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good until the end. He should have shared Gabes last words with his ex. She didn't really accept that she was responsible. She didn't acknowledge that her husband loved even when she was not skinny. I would have liked to hear that Gabe totally crashed and burned. Mostly good though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Call me stupid but I do not understand it when he says "I was not entirely innocent." I have read this several times and it never gels. In what way is he not innocent? He could have given her a good slap round the chops to stop her, but would it have worked? She went down a flagrant self destructive course of action and is blaming her husband in this story. I feel the author left it like this to get this amount of attention. Silly in my opinion but then again we can just change the ending to make it better or suit what we want.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

there are few other versions of this story, just search "the bridge" this one may be the second best. Always wondered in any version why he didn't tell his wife on Sat. afternoon it was time to go home or get divorced? I mean really, sitting on another guy's lap, deep kissing and going topless? Time to stand up and say "let's go home"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

way better off without the slut! Kicking her to the curb was more than the right thing to do. Let her fend for herself! Good story.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 1 year ago

A well conceived and well written story. One of the best I’ve read here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous