The Building of Robert G. Holbrook

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He knows all about my appetites and he is okay with it. He doesn't know about what I did with you and I don't want him ever to know."

"No problem" I assured her.

We spent Christmas with Liz's family and had an enjoyable time. At one time during the visit I overheard her mother ask Liz if I'd popped the question yet and Liz told her no, but that she expected it before graduation.

It was the second week in March when Liz asked me if I had any plans in the works for after graduation.

"Send out a million resumes and try to land a decent job."

"Any thoughts about us?"

"No. Not really. Why?"

She looked at me with a stunned expression. "You haven't given any thoughts to us? Where we go from here?"

"I did once upon a time. I even bought the ring and planned on proposing when we got back to school for this last year."

"What happened? Why didn't you?"

"I came back to school early and found you doing a gangbang at the Kappa Sig house. I decided that I didn't want a frat house train puller for a wife."

She got an angry look on her face. "That's pure bullshit! I've never done that!"

"Give it a rest Liz. I saw it with my own eyes. You and nine guys in a second floor bedroom."

She was silent for several very long seconds and then "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Why take a chance on losing steady pussy for my last semester here?"

"You mean that you have just been using me?"

"Why not? It was obvious from watching you that you didn't mind being used."

"It didn't mean anything baby. It was something that I had always been curious about so I decided to try it. It was just me wanting to get the wildness out of my system before settling down to be a loyal wife and mother. It won't happen again. I promise baby; I just wanted to see what it would be like before settling down and dedicating my life to you."

"That might be the way you are looking at it now, but I can't trust that it will be the way you look at it down the road. I have it on very good authority (my mother and God knows she knew what she was talking about) that once a girl starts doing threesomes, foursomes and gangbangs she is always going to want to do more and eventually will. I won't take the chance Liz."

"So you want me out?"

"Of course not. You can stay as long as you want. You don't even have to share the bed with me if you would rather not. I still want to be friends with you, but that's all it will ever be."

She did opt to stay and she did share my bed right up to graduation. The day she packed to head on home and begin life after college she did tell me that whoever it was that had given me the info about what doing a gangbang would do to a girl was right.

"I haven't been able to get it out of my mind and I do want to do it again."

I wished her luck and kissed her goodbye.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'd sent out a lot of resumes and I'd heard back from a few. One was from my home town and I thought seriously about going for an interview, but then decided what I needed was a fresh start someplace where old memories wouldn't be constantly brought up.

I went for several interviews and received four offers and I took the one that was four hundred miles from home. It was about as fresh a start as I was going to get. A city I'd never been to in a state I'd only driven through once. Everyone I saw was someone I'd never seen before.

I decided on an apartment until I could learn my way around and to make sure that I was going to stay there. It turned out that I liked my job and I liked the people I worked with and early indications were that the company was pleased that they had hired me.

I joined a gym, found a sports bar I liked and a couple of very good restaurants within walking distance of my apartment. I also found a country/western bar that offered free line dance lessons on Thursday nights and I started stopping in there. They also had free lessons on Wednesday night, but they were for partners dancing and I hadn't yet been there long enough to meet someone to partner with.

About three months after I was hired a couple of guys I worked with invited me to join them every other Friday for poker games and so I joined in. Another guy asked me if I bowled and I said that I did so he asked me if I would be interest in bowling on his team in a Monday league. One of the team had taken a job transfer and they were one short. I told him I would give it a try.

On my first night I found out that it was a mixed league and that the team I had just joined had two female members. One was the wife of the guy who had invited me to join and the other was a woman she worked with. John introduced me to his wife Mary, her friend Kaye and Mark who was the other man on the team.

After the games we went into the bar to socialize and when Kaye found out I was fairly new in town she asked me what I'd found in town to keep me busy. When I got to the part about the free dance lessons she said she had always wanted to try country/western dancing, but had never been able to find anyone to partner with. Not being one to let the grass grow under my feet I said that if she was still interested I could use a partner for the Wednesday lessons. She said she would like that and arrangements were made for me to pick her up on Wednesday after work.

After two weeks' worth of lessons I asked her for a regular Saturday date and she said yes. That Saturday date led to several others and by the end of our fifth date we were steaming up the car windows when I got her home and parked in front of her place.

On our tenth date, which was dinner at my apartment, is when our relationship went to the next level. We had finished eating and were watching a movie on TV when she got up to use the bathroom. When she wasn't back after about ten minutes I got up and went to see if she was having any problems. She wasn't in the bathrooms the only other place she could be was in the bedroom. I looked and found her lying naked on the bed.

She smiled up at me and said "I wondered how long it was going to take you."

Not being brain dead I quickly stripped and joined her. I never did take her home that night. From then on we were a steady couple and after six months of basically going steady I asked her to move in with me. I pointed out that she spent most of her nights at my place anyway, but she told me that she wasn't quite ready to take that big of a step.

"No hurry sweetie. We have plenty of time. I mean we aren't even twenty-three yet."

The only evening that we weren't together was Monday. Monday night she had a standing bridge club date with several of the girls she went to college with.

Another two months went by and then one Monday night I swung by her place. I didn't expect to see her as she always went to her bridge game straight from work. The next day was her birthday and while we had plans to go out for dinner I wanted to drop a card off so she would have it first thing.

I pulled into her apartment parking lot, parked and got the card and the roll of scotch tape I was going to use to tape the card to her door. I had my hand on the door handle getting ready to get out of the car when I saw a guy walk up to her door and ring the bell. The door opened, Kaye kissed the man and they went inside.

Stupid of me and believe me I knew it, but I sat in that parking lot and watched that door until five in the morning and the man never came back out. I went home, took a shower and went to work.

When the work day was over I went home. I was supposed to pick Kaye up at seven, but instead, since I had been up all night I took the phone off the hook and went to bed. The next day at work Stella, my secretary, stuck her head in my office and told me that Kaye was on line three.

"Tell her I'm in a meeting and I'll get back to her."

Stella gave me a long look and said "Nowhere in my job description does it say that I have to lie for you."

I picked up the phone, punched the button for line three, waited two or three seconds and then hung up the phone. Stella was still standing there and I said:

"I don't believe there is anything in your job description that says you can stand in the doorway and watch me take telephone calls."

She gave me a nasty look and then went back to her desk. I guessed that my future relationship with her wasn't going to be all that pleasant, but I didn't care. She wasn't really my secretary; I shared her with four other account reps.

Ten minutes later Stella said I had a call on line two. I picked up the phone, said hello, and when I heard Kaye's voice I hung up on her. Five minutes later Stella said "Same woman on line three" I picked up the phone.

"I would have thought that my hanging up on you twice already this morning would tell you that I do not want to talk to you" and I hung up on her.

When the work day was over I stopped at the Outback Steak House for dinner and then since it was Wednesday I decided to head over to The Stagecoach and see if there was anyone there who needed a partner for the dance lessons. There weren't any, but Carla, the instructor, grabbed me for a partner when she needed to demonstrate something. Doing that and having a toddy or two along the way filled the evening for me.

I got home at eleven and found Kaye sitting on my front steps. She stood up as I approached and went right at it.

"What happened to you on my birthday? What about the plans we had? And what's with the hanging up on me every time I called you?"

"It is simple really. I decided to end our relationship so it would give you more time to spend with your bridge club."

"Why would I want to spend more time with them?"

"Not 'them' Kaye - him!"

"Him? What the hell are you talking about?"

I told her what had happened Monday that had clued me as to how she usually spent her Mondays. I had to give the girl credit. There was no "It isn't what you think" and she didn't say "I can explain." There was no "It isn't anything that will hurt us." All she did was say "Oh. Guess there isn't anything I can say." She looked at me for several seconds and then said "Sorry it had to end this way" and she walked to her car and drove off. I never did get an explanation although I did eventually learn the 'bridge clubs' name.

Kaye quit the team and eventually John and Mary figured out that it was because of me. Naturally, being the guy, they assumed I was the guilty party and started pressing me to find out what I'd done to 'the poor girl' that drove her away. I finally got tired of it and told them the story. Mary asked if the guy had red hair and a beard and when I said that he did Mary said:

"I wish to God she would get over whatever hold Frank has on her."

John frowned. "Frank? Frank Bartrom? I thought he moved out of town."

"Apparently not unless some other redheaded asshole has come into the picture."

I quickly changed the subject and neither John nor Mary brought it up again.

The next three months went by. I was doing well at work and had received a promotion. I finally made the decision to stay and I gave up my apartment and bought a three bedroom house. Why three bedrooms? Because I still wanted to find a girl and start a family. Then of course there was the financial aspect. Better to build equity than collect rent receipts right?

My quest for a wife wasn't getting anywhere. I dated a lot and got laid occasionally, but hadn't yet found a girl who gave me that 'special spark' I'd felt with Pauline, Beth and Kaye. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to find one when suddenly one was handed to me.

It was a Wednesday and I had stopped at The Stage Coach wondering if there might be a single lady or two who might need a partner. I was sitting at the bar when Carla came up to me and asked me if I had anything going for the next four or five Wednesdays and I said I didn't and then asked why.

"I have a cousin who just moved here and she wants to learn some country western dances. The problem is she is so new in town that she hasn't met anyone and she will need a partner."

I told her I would do it and the following Wednesday I as introduced to Carla's cousin Jennifer. I don't really know if there is such a thing as love at first sight, but I do know without a doubt that there is lust at first sight. The minute I took Jennifer's hand and said "Pleased to meet you" my mind was saying "I want to meat you." Hopefully my facial expression wasn't saying the same thing because I damned sure did not want to scare her away.

Between lessons we sat and talked, got to know a little about each other and toward the end of the evening I took my shot.

"One of the things I have learned is that the better you know your partner the more natural you move together on the floor. I would like to get to know you better; would you like to have dinner with me on Friday or Saturday?"

"I would like that. I have a family thing going on with Carla Friday, but my Saturday is open."

Saturday's date went well and I met her Monday after work for coffee. Before Wednesday's lessons were over I had a date for Friday and by the time that date was over I had one for Saturday. Sunday we made a day of it as I drove her around town and helped her get familiar with the place. The more time I spent with Jen the more time I wanted to spend with her. After a month I began to think that I had lucked out and found the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

We had been dating for two months when we first got intimate. It was a Saturday night and we had been dancing for about three hours when suddenly in the middle of a waltz, out of nowhere and surprising even me, I said

"I think it is time for us to take it to the house."

With absolutely no hesitation on her part she said "I'll grab my purse and let's get out of here."

Once in the car she slid over next to me and put her hand on the stiff thing that had been poking her leg almost the entire time we had been on the dance floor. I didn't say a word because I was afraid it would break the mood. She must have felt the same way as she also stayed silent.

When we reached my place she tossed her purse on my living room couch and headed straight for the bedroom shedding clothes on the way. I followed along behind her almost in a stupor over what was happening. As a result I was way behind in the shedding of clothes department and when we reached the bedroom Jen was naked except for heels and thigh highs and I had only managed to get rid of my tie, shirt and t-shirt. Jen turned, saw me still half clothed and said the first words spoken by either of us since my saying we should take it to the house:

"Jesus Bob; I thought you wanted this. Get with it!"

She pulled down the covers while I hurriedly stripped and by the time my last item of clothing hit the floor she was lying on the bed, legs spread wide and telling me to "Hurry the fuck up."

There was no foreplay, no romantic touches, just a flat out frenzied coupling. I got her off and then I got mine before falling to the bed next to her.

"You ain't done yet Bubba" she said as she moved to take my cock in her mouth. She got me up, mounted me cowgirl and we were off and running again. It took longer, but again I got her off before getting mine. This time when it was over she didn't say it wasn't over yet, but somehow I knew that getting one more in was important so I moved down and started eating her pussy. I stayed at it until she moaned:

"Enough damn it; enough with that shit! Fuck me!"

Again something told me what I needed to do and so I did it.

"No Jen; I won't fuck you, but I will make love to you."

And I did.

I moved up and kissed her. Long passionate kisses and then I kissed my way down her body. I spent time licking and sucking on the twins and I didn't stop until she moaned:

"Please baby please; I need you in me."

I eased in and then made slow easy love until she was crying for me to get her off. We fell asleep wrapped around each other and I slept soundly for the first time in a long while.

I woke up with Jenn cuddled up next to me and with my right hand on her left breast. I took the nipple between my thumb and forefinger and started rolling it between my fingers. She gave a soft moan, her eyes opened up and for a second I saw bewilderment until she remembered where she was. Then she smiled, rolled onto her back, spread her legs and we were off and running again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From that point forward we made love three or four times a week. Another three months went by and then I asked her to marry me and when she seemed to hesitate I asked her to move in with me so we could have a 'trial marriage' of sorts. What I got was:

"I care for you Bob; you know I do, but I'm just not ready to take that big of a step just yet."

That deflated me a bit, but not much else changed. We still dated two or three times a week and we always made love at the end of those dates. At least one out of every three weekends we spent together and we always made love on all three nights. I planned on giving her a couple of months and then trying again.

I never got the chance.

It was a cliché, but clichés get to be clichés because they happen so often. It was the old come home early from a trip and find that your lady wasn't yours alone.

I hadn't called because Jen wasn't allowed to take personal calls at work. Instead I showed up where she worked and waited for her to get off. I saw her come out, stop and look around, but before I could get her attention a car pulled up, she got in, slid over next to the driver and kissed him. Not a quick friendly kiss on the cheek, but a full blown passionate kiss. I debated following them, but then decided not to waste the time. That kiss had said it all.

Just for spite I called her cell and when she answered I told her that I had gotten back early and asked her if I could stop by. What I got was:

"Oh gee Bob; I wasn't expecting you so when they asked me if I could work four hours of overtime I said yes. Sorry baby; I'll make it up to you tomorrow night."

"Okay sweetie. See you around six. Kisses babe."

"Back atcha."

I was in a real downer of a mood when I went home.

The next day after work I hit Bud's Bar and had a few beers and shot some pool with some guys I knew. I'd shut off my phone when I left work and didn't turn it on until I was home sitting in my recliner with a beer in my hand. Three voice mails from Jen.

"It is after six Bob; where are you?"

"Bob? Where are you? It's after seven."

And the one that made me smile. "Damn it Robert! Where are you?"

I deleted them, turned off the phone and went to bed.

The next day when I got off work I wasn't all that surprised to find Jennifer waiting for me by my car. She planted herself in front of me and went right at it.

"Where the hell were you last night and why haven't you returned my calls?"

"I didn't want to talk to you is the answer to your second question and the answer to the first is that I didn't want to waste anymore of my time on you. I do have a question for you though. Did you work your four hours of overtime at his place or yours?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Give it up Jen. You aren't stupid. The fact that I just asked you where you worked your overtime should tell you that you are busted."

"You aren't making any sense here Bob."

I just shook my head in the negative. "I got back early and since I'm not allowed to call you at work I drove over to meet you when you got off. You know what I saw and when you drove off in his Chevy I called you and you gave me your bullshit overtime story. You understand now?"

"You don't own me Robert. I never said that I'd be exclusive."

"Maybe not Jennifer, but you sure led me to believe that we were."

123456...9