The Burning Boat Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Laurie's eyes began to tear again. "I don't have anything... I mean all my clothes, my swim suit, everything..."

"Come on then, let's go buy you some clothes then we'll go to the beach, it'll be fun, I promise."

"I don't... I don't have any money."

"I told ya, I'll spot you some. When you're back on your feet you can pay me back." John saw a new joy on Laurie's face, for the first time, he saw hope. She was almost crushingly beautiful with the new warmth that colored her cheeks.

"You'll really let me stay here for awhile? Till I get a job and a place of my own? I'll be quiet, I promise, you won't even know I'm here.

"Laurie, the place is yours as long as you want."

"I can't stay here for free, we'll work out a payment arrangement?"

John smiled. "We'll work something out... We'll talk about it later. Now let's go get you a suit before it's too late to go and relax."

Laurie rode quietly in John's old pickup. He stopped at an expensive swimsuit store in the small one street town. Laurie wandered through the store pulling swim suits down and looking at them, when she looked at the tag her eyes widened.

"John! These are too expensive. They want three hundred bucks for that suit."

"Do you like it? Then buy it. They owe me some favors, I worked on their boat. Don't worry about it." The lie came easily to him and he made arrangements to pay for whatever she bought while she was in the fitting room.

When they left the shop John pulled her into an expensive lady's clothing store.

"let me guess, they owe you a favor too?"

"Yeah, just get what you want and we'll work something out later. Really, don't worry about it. This is the only way they'll ever be able to pay me back so everyone's happy. They repay a debt and you're happy, so I'm happy."

John sat on the beach chair in the sun reading his book. A beer rested on the cooler between his and the empty chair. He looked up as he heard the other chair creak, Laurie settled back into the chair. John was again stunned at the feeling this woman generated in him. His heart racing, he felt like a twelve year old in the company of a beauty queen.

Laurie had selected a yellow two piece suit which suited her, and complimented the gold hair that flowed over her shoulders. John's gaze traveled across her face, his face a slight frown when he realized he couldn't see her eyes in the sunglasses he had helped her pick out. His gaze traveled over her confident chin, down her thin neck, to the swell of her breast and he averted his eyes. He couldn't even begin to think about her in that way. She'd been through so much and he knew she couldn't be ready for someone like him. He had no idea what her body was like and was afraid he'd get caught looking. She'd been covered up with the oversized T shirt, and now he couldn't bring himself to look.

"whatchya readin'?"

"Just a novel, mindless fodder but it's pretty good, entertaining I mean. Want a beer?"

"I'd love one!" she smiled as he pulled another beer and a coolie cup out of the cooler.

"So tell me the Laurie story..."

"You know more about me than I do about you, why don't you tell me the John story?" her tone while friendly was still slightly combative. The dichotomy was not lost on John as he laughed.

"Ok, we have no pasts to discuss. We'll start our histories with today and forget the rest. Did you work? What do you do?"

"I'm a nurse. I had a job at a hospital, but they're probably trying to figure out how to fire me now... I haven't been in or called for five days." She went on about her nursing career, how she loved to treat patients, the interaction, watching her patients get better, the pain of watching some of them not get better, the good doctors, the not so good. John listened to her passion, her silky voice, he watched the emotions pass over her face like the seasons of the year as she told him about her life's experience. She eventually told him everything about her relationship with her husband, the cruelty he showed her, the hurt she felt. Her face darkened as she talked about him and John came to the conclusion he did not like "Fred" very much. He prompted her from time to time with gentle quiet questions and she found him a good listener. She had intended to keep it all bottled up but it flowed from her and the conversation, more of a monologue, took on a life of its own. She didn't realize how badly she needed to relate her experiences to someone and John watched as the conversation took on an almost cathartic effect on her.

As she finished explaining her marital woes to John she began to fully relax and look around the beach. She saw the marina just down the beach with the little boat house, all the boats tied up at the marina, complete with fueling pier, she saw the stairs leading up the cliff that surrounded this little cove with its pearly white sand. The winding road that meandered down the one valley leading to the boathouse. She turned to look at John.

"John what is this place? Who owns it? How come you get to hang out here?"

"The owner likes me." John was still afraid to tell her he owned it, He didn't know why but he was. He thought of his recent past disasters with dating women. Perhaps he wanted to be sure she liked him for him, not his money. He didn't know why it was so important to him, but was surprised to find out that it was.

She fell silent, lost in thought as John looked out over the Pacific. "John..." her tone was quiet, barely heard over the distant rumble of the waves breaking rhythmically and consistently on the offshore reef. He looked at her. "Thank you for all of this, thank you for listening to me... um, It really sounds like I'm a mess. I'm really not that bad, I promise. I uh... well, thank you."

John was embarrassed at the emotion in her voice. "Laurie, its nothing, really..."

Laurie stood up and John couldn't help looking at her for the first time. She was lithe, trim without being skinny. Her legs were long and smooth, the muscles underneath toned. Her stomach was flat, with a tapered waste and smooth hips that held her bikini bottoms up. Her chest complimented her body and her nipples hardened slightly under his brief inspection, the heft of her breasts pressuring the strings of her top. Not too large but with a slightly pendulous effect, their shape near perfect. John blushed as he looked away trying to catch his breath and hide his attraction to her.

"Let's go swim!"

"No, you go ahead... The water's usually really cold."

John watched as she slowly walked down to the water's edge and daintily put her toe in the water. He watched the ripples as her ass swayed from side to side, the muscles of her calves giving definition to her legs. She started to run, splashing and laughing as she entered the water, her smooth body slicing into the water as she took a shallow dive, her hair streaming from her back, running water as she surfaced a few feet farther out. She dunked her head, pushing her hair back as she once again surfaced and began to walk out of the water.

John watched as she emerged from the water, drips running from the peaks of her breasts, her nipples hardened from the chill of the water. He saw that her bathing suit was essentially transparent and could see the darker circles of her areolas. She looked down and laughed as she realized the display that she provided John.

"Oh shit! I didn't realize..."

John smiled benevolently once again trying to hide his reaction to her beauty. Everything about this woman struck a chord with him, her voice, her looks, her passion. She frightened him but he wanted her more than he'd ever wanted a woman.

"Are you getting hungry? We can go somewhere, or we can stay in... I'll cook us something."

"I wish I could cook you something, but I don't have anything..." Her frown, the return of pain on her face almost broke John's heart.

"I'll bring something we can fix... Take a shower and I'll be back in a couple of hours ok?"

When Laurie walked in the boat house she noticed it had been cleaned. It had a fresh smell, all the flat surfaces were shining and there was an envelope on the table. She dropped her towel in the entrance and looked in the envelope. There was a set of keys and money. Lots of money and a note from John. She counted through it and there was $5,000 in hundreds and twenties.

The note said "Laurie, here's some money to keep you going for a while. Consider it a loan. The keys go to the caddy in front. Be careful with it, I like that car."

It was signed simply "John"

She looked out the window and saw a new Cadillac sedan, pearl white, gleaming in the late afternoon sun. She walked to the phone and dialed the number next to John on the list. He answered the phone simply saying "hello."

"John what the fuck is this? $5,000 and a car? You don't even know me! What's to keep me from getting in the car and driving off with your $5,000?"

"That would be a pretty bitchy thing to do and you promised to park the bitchy thing for a couple of days."

"Very fucking funny." She was torn between being unreasonably pissed off and a giddiness that stemmed from the certainty that she was going to be ok. "You know, you can't buy me."

"There's that bitchy thing again. If you want to leave, then leave. Call me and tell me where the car is when you're done with it."

The confusion was evident in her voice as she said "shit!" and hung up the phone. She slumped in the chair and sat with her head in her hands, the silky blonde tresses creating a little cocoon of safety as she tried to think this out. 'He wouldn't even look at me at the beach and blushed when I caught him. I practically threw myself at him, put everything on display and he hardly reacted. Every time he does something nice for me I'm a bitch to him, and he still does nice things for me." She slowly came to the conclusion that she was falling for John and was still fighting it. She knew why she was fighting it and struggled to control her emotions as she began to cry. The phone shocked her as it rang and she snapped it up and barked "what!"

"Um, uh... I just wanted to know if you were hungry. I had some stuff put in the fridge for you. Some food I mean. Call me tomorrow and tell me if you're leaving or not."

"John, please, we need to talk, can you come... I mean come to dinner?"

"You're sure?" and in response to her grunt "An hour ok?"

"Give me an hour and a half."

John knocked on the door and heard Laurie say "come in!"

He walked into the familiar surroundings, settled on the slightly worn couch and turned the TV on. He heard the swish of fabric behind him and smelled her perfume as she entered the room. As he turned, his jaw dropped. Laurie walked into the living room and John couldn't keep the expression of appreciation off his face. The black sundress followed the contours of her body exquisitely. Her curves softened only slightly by the flowing light fabric that shimmered in the light. The peaks of her breasts giving testimony to the fact that there was only Laurie under the dress, John struggled to keep eye contact and Laurie lowered her head and smiled at John demurely. "I'm glad you approve."

"Absolutely! Laurie, you're stunning!"

She walked over to the adjoining kitchen and picked up the envelope. "John, I can't take this. This is a lot of money and I know you can't afford it. I really appreciate the offer but I really can't take it."

"It would please me if you'd take it. I've been really lonely here and I've enjoyed your company the last couple days. I was..." it was John's turn to blush. "I was kind of hoping you'd stick around for a while. You're welcome to stay but I'll understand if you want to leave." He concluded lamely.

"But how can you afford this?"

"I have a fund. Its expendable and I'd really appreciate it if you took it."

"John, I just came out of a really bad relationship. I know I haven't heard the last of him and I know its going to take a lot of money to get my past... well, in my past. I'm afraid of what he'll do if he finds me, and I know what he'll do to who ever I'm with. You've been so nice to me and... I... I don't want anything to happen to you. I know it will if I stay here."

"Laurie, I'm willing to take the risk. I know you haven't been here very long, and I know I don't know you very well, you don't know me very well but... I don't know how to say this... I really like you. I like spending time with you, I like it when you smile, when you laugh. I like to look at you, you're beautiful. It's been a really long time since I've actually looked forward to seeing anyone. You've made me realize how lonely I've been." John looked at the floor. "You saved me as much as I saved you, I was just drowning in a different but equally lethal form."

Laurie walked up behind the couch and ran her hand on the side of John's face. "John, you're so sweet. Can we just be here for a couple of days, and then... well, then I'll leave... to keep you from being hurt."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lay my emotional baggage on you... Maybe I should just go." He started to rise from the couch.

"No!" the vehemence of her response surprised both of them. "I mean, John, you scare me. I was married for two years and never felt like this about him. It's strange, I've only known you a couple of days but I feel like we... fit together." John sank back down onto the couch.

She leaned over the back of the couch and kissed the side of his face as he sat there, his head lowered resolutely.

"You better stop that before I read something into it that you may not intend."

"Other than distaste, you can read anything you want into it." She raised and went to the stove, stirring the contents of the pot on the burner. He followed her a few moments later to stand behind her looking into the pot. She could smell his man smell, natural and fresh, like the sea. She longed for him to put his arms around her, to nuzzle her neck. She'd always been distant from her husband, shying from his touch. Her desire to have John hold her, caress her, was a new emotion for her and it surprised her.

"What's in the pot?"

"Spaghetti sauce. I've seen you handle a boat, fix things, and you do every thing well. This is your final test. If you can handle eating spaghetti without getting any on me, or you... well, then, you are the best thing since sliced bread." She giggled and then sucked in a breath as his hands slid around her stomach. He started to withdraw mistaking her gasp as disapproval but she grabbed his hands and pulled them around her. "I can't tell you how much I wanted you to do that." She whispered to him.

His head fell slowly to rest on her shoulder, his lips caressing the skin of her neck. "hmmm..." and he laughed as the spoon fell out of her hand to hit the floor flinging spaghetti sauce on his shin and over her shoes. "Ow shit! That's hot!" and she laughed as he grabbed a towel and wiped the sauce off his leg, hopping on one foot. "Ok, does that mean I fail, or do you fail?"

She laughed again as she wiped the sauce off her shoe. "You definitely don't fail."

He stepped forward putting his arms around her and bringing his lips to hers. Her lips felt soft but firm as she kissed him back. He whispered, "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself."

"Stop apologizing" and she initiated the next kiss, pressing her soft lips to his they parted and his tongue slowly slid into her mouth.

They pulled apart both breathing heavily a few moments later. "Laurie, I have something to show you. It's only fair and I want to be totally honest with you. There's something about me that you have to know."

"John, shhh... I don't care."

"That's why I want to show it to you."

"kiss me..." his hand slid up her back and she slowly turned in his arms, his hand dragging around to her breast, her head falling back on his shoulder and she held his arms. Her nipples hardened instantly in his palms as his hands slid over her modest breasts, lifting, weighing them, massaging gently.

"You have no idea what that does to me..."

He pressed forwards and she felt the shaft of his hardened member against her ass. He felt her cheek tighten as she smiled. "but, I know what it does to you." He chuckled quietly in her hair as he once again kissed her neck.

He forgot all about showing her anything as she pushed his hand gently lower. He felt the slight rise of her belly and then the curve that led to the joining of her legs. His fingers pressed the fabric between her legs and he marveled at the feel of her hardened clitoral shaft through the thin fabric. He felt the tensing of her hips as she pressed forward into his hand, her eyes closed, a guttural moan let him know he was doing something good. His fingers slid slowly downwards, gathering the hem of her dress and pulling it upwards. He noted how wet her panties were as he slid his finger inside the elastic of her leg opening. As his fingers slid between her lips he was surprised and excited at the amount of moisture that collected there. He gathered some on his finger tip and began to rub small lubricated circles on her clit. His touch was feathery light.

"Hmmm. You feel really good babe..."

"oh god John... That feels so good. It's been so long."

His fingertip slid inside of her to gather more of her natural lubricant and he felt it run along his finger to pool in his palm. Her hips were rocking to the rhythm of his ministrations, and her body began to vibrate. He knew she was approaching orgasm that fast.

"John! Stop!" she twisted out of his grasp and stepped away. "oh my god! You do that well."

"Why didn't you let me finish?" John said with a hurt expression on his face.

"Because..." She looked down. "Because... I'm different. My husband always told me I was gross, he stopped touching me over a year ago. He made me... Service him and if I... um... if I had an orgasm... he hit me."

"Why the hell would he do that? God what an asshole!"

"Yeah, he's an asshole, but... he's right."

"What do ya mean he's right?" John was incredulous. How this guy could've abused this wonderful creature to the point where she was convinced she was 'gross' left him speechless.

"I'm gross... I... I..." A tear slid down her face dropping off the curve of her cheek.

"What? I can't think of anything you could do that would gross me out..."

"I... make a mess when I... you know... orgasm..."

"You make a mess? I don't understand..."

"I get really wet..."

"That's a good thing! Laurie, do you understand that that's a sign that I'm pleasing you. That tells me I'm doing a good job, the more the merrier."

"You don't understand... I've been so up tight about it for so long..." She put her face in her hands and he watched as her shoulders began to shake.

"Hey, hey... Relax Laurie, we don't have to do anything you don't want to... Hey babe... Come on its ok... I love you warts and all..." He amazed himself as he came to the realization that what he said was true. The level of passion he had for this woman as he held her and she sniffled was greater than any feeling he'd ever had before. "Come on honey... it's ok... really..."

"I want to... I want to feel you. I want you to finish what you started, I want it all but I'm scared. I'm afraid... I'm afraid I'll frighten you off."

"Never going to happen." He slid his hand lower and once again felt her incredible wetness. He wondered how it would feel to be in her, with that wonderful wetness around him. He began to caress her clitoral shaft once again and felt her hips react almost instantly. "It's ok to feel good honey. Let it go..."

"Oh god John... So good, so close... Stop... please John stop..."

She didn't have to tell him she was close, while her mouth said stop her hips continued to fuck his fingers. He felt her walls collapse on his fingers and the moisture pooling once again in his palm. Her hips shuddered and pressed forward against him, giving him a rush of pleasure as his hardness nestled the back of his hand, his ministrations giving both of them pleasure. He felt a rush of her fluid as her walls contracted rhythmically and her legs gave way. He supported her with an arm around her back, her head resting on his shoulder as she gave in to the sensation of her orgasm.