The Ebony Alpha Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ophelia looked at her sister with suspicion, but decided not to question her good mood. Things were going smoothly and she didn't want to start a fight.

"So you are Louisa Metairie? I have always wanted to meet you and now here you are. I hope my daughter will like living in Texas." Penelope looked at the fiery red head seated across the room and felt power radiating from her.

"She will be happy as long as she is with her mate. As far as being in Texas, I think it will be a nice change for all of us."

Louisa's tone had a feel of finality to it and Penelope did not broach the subject she nodded her head and ate the cake she had been served.

Another knock sounded at the door and Hazel ran to open it. Amandia stood at the entrance with a beautiful dark haired woman. They walked in and Amandia smiled for the first time since she had come to the Clarion Ranch.

"Ladies this is Abraham and Ambrose's Mother Amandia Gastoni and this is her cousin Dru. She got here a few days ago."

Becky came over and hugged Dru and Amandia as well. Amandia was more relaxed than she had been only a few days before and having some of her family here had helped tremendously.

The excitement Dru had shown over the mating's of her cousins, had been a little contagious and Amandia had soon found herself looking forward to the ceremony. When she found out that they would all be moving to Texas that was the best news she'd had all week.

That was only a few hours away from New Orleans and she would be able to see her children regularly not to mention the grandchildren. She was over the moon at the thought.

Her change of heart had given her sons a great sense of relief, and they had spent more time with their parents.

"We are sorry were late girls. We were trying to get Carlotta to come but she just wasn't up for it. But here we are. You both look lovely in your gowns, and you Megan are quite the showstopper."

Amandia gushed over the surprised women and Drusilla took the time to look at Megan for the first time.

She was breathtaking. She was covered in a transparent white gown with a hood lined in golden embroidery. It was designed to hide her face until her mate revealed her to the crowd. Her flaming red hair curled around her face and fell in waves down her back.

She wasn't petite by any means. She would make a good Alpha bitch and her height and build would give her a good foundation.

But it was her eyes that held Dru's attention above all. They were the deepest emerald green with amber swirling in their depths. There was unbridled power there and Dru could feel it flowing around her.

Remy would have truly gotten a prize he was unworthy of if he had been successful. She was very happy that he had not been so. He had been a monster and she was sure he would have tried to break the woman in front of her.

"So Drusilla how do you like our ranch? It looks much different in the warmer months so you'll have to visit us when the seasons change."

Ophelia was happy that Amandia seemed calm and knew Drusilla must be part of the reason for that. It made things much easier on the new mates, and for that she was grateful.

"I love it here. It is so different from New Orleans and I couldn't wait to leave that city for a while."

A look of sadness crossed her beautiful face and the other women saw it but didn't push.

"Well you are welcome here anytime. I am sure Megan would be glad to have you."

"I sure would Drusilla. You would remind me of home and we could cook some Cajun goodies for the North Dakota appetites up here."

Everyone laughed and the three mates left the room to change their clothes. No one had noticed how quiet Louisa had become.

Her eyes had closed and her mind had erupted in a heat that only a volcano could rival. Carlotta was here! How dare she set foot in North Dakota after trying to sell her testimony?

Louisa calmed her inner beast quickly and tried to enjoy the end of the party. She didn't need the witch now and really had no need of her at all.

Her daughter Drusilla was not her mother and she held no ill will towards her, but Carlotta was another story. Forever they would be tied together through blood. Fate was cruel, but sometimes it was just damned sadistic.

"Okay ladies it is almost time to get ready for the dinner tonight. It will be the last time before the ceremony to dress up and act dignified. Tomorrow night will be primal to say the least and clothes with definitely be optional."

Becky and Hazel giggled while Alisha sighed longingly. Megan grimaced and Louisa patted her back soothingly. The women left to start getting ready and wondered what the men had been up to?

****

"One more time Ambrose. The change gets easier each time you do it." Joe stood above his new pack member and drilled him into his shift. Ambrose had needed the practice since he had only changes a day ago.

It was becoming less painful and he found it fascinating working with his wolf to exchange places.

He had almost peed his pants the first time his wolf had spoken to him and Abe had to calm him down. He found that his beast was not a wild animal and had a mind of his own.

But they came to the same conclusion, they agreed that their new Alpha was wise. He was letting them mate early and it had soothed the wolf side of him immensely.

Now he was working on his transformation so that he wouldn't embarrass himself at the mating ceremony.

Abraham had somehow excepted his dual identity with ease and he had no trouble shifting between all three of his forms. Abe had always been the more logical one of the two and he just looked at the change as a natural part of things. He wolf was very calm and he used their bond to communicate to ease Ambrose's stress.

"You'll be fine Brose. Just imagine that only you and Becky are alone, and pay no attention to the large crown that will be surrounding you."

"It's so weird to have you giving me advice Abe. Remember just a few weeks ago when I was the one helping you out?"

"I will always be thankful to you for that Brose. Now I don't have to worry about being a virgin on my mating night."

Abe was glad that Celeste had been a great teacher. She had given him free reign and he had done all the things he needed to do that night.

Now he would know how to please his mate without hesitation. Abe looked up and saw that Ambrose had finally managed to shift into his hybrid form.

He was massive and awkward in his walk. It was a good thing that they only needed their wolf tomorrow night.

"Looking good Brose!" Abe called to his brother and changed to his hybrid form to complement him. The twins sized each other up and stood toe to toe.

"You look good Brose, I can't wait until we start our training. It will be cool to spar like this."

"I agree little brother. I also need time to get used to the new me."

They both turned to face their Alpha and Joe smiled at the two new wolves.

"Shift back boys. We have a dinner to get ready for and this requires a tuxedo I am told." Joe smiled when the groans from the two young men reached his ears.

"Don't worry about it. Tomorrow night you won't need clothes at all." Joe laughed as their eyes widened slightly and he tried to calm them down.

"It will be over before you know it and we'll be in Texas soon after. Just focus on your mate she is all that matters." Joe handed the young men their clothes and waited for them to dress.

It will all be over tomorrow each man thought and headed for their rooms. The dinner tonight was just another chance to meet everyone before the ceremony and de-stress.

They would all enjoy a good meal, good company and hopefully a good night's sleep. Tomorrow would be a busy day and the Blood Moon ceremony could not come soon enough.

****

Lefyr walked into the foyer of the Guest quarters and halted in surprise. The green mist of the Goddess was aimed right at a dark haired man entering the elevator. Running to catch the same car he hurried in before the doors closed.

"Thank you my friend. I really didn't want to wait for the next elevator."

"Not a problem my friend. What floor do you need?"

"Fifth floor please." Lefyr said trying to ignore the green mist aimed straight at the man.

"You look familiar are you Fae?" The dark man asked.

"I am from Liosalfar. My name is Lefyr Haemir. I am visiting for the ceremony tomorrow night. Alpha Clarion invited me."

"Do you know Serena Kirk? She is also form Liosalfar."

"Yes we do know each other. I haven't seen her in many years. Is she well?"

"Yes, she and her mate Jobel are my best friends." Fabio looked at the man before him and a plan began to form in his mind.

"You know Lefyr I am the main security officer for the Elder Council and a man like you could actually be of great service to me."

"What can I do to help you Mr...... I'm afraid I didn't catch your name."

"I am Fabio Marconi. I am the enforcer for the Elder Council and I need a favor of you."

"What can I do to help?" Lefyr asked the green mist obviously invisible to Fabio, was glowing brightly.

"I was wondering if you would mind enchanting a small dagger for me. I would ask Serena but I don't think it is wise for her to know how I plan to protect the Elders tomorrow night."

"I see your point. Earlier today I was at the mating circle and the magic there is strong. How about we go there and I will perform an incantation to enchant your blade."

Fabio agreed and waited while Lefyr put away his belongings. They traveled to the ceremonial grounds and the green light almost blinded Lefyr with its brightness.

"Wait here." Lefyr said and held out his hand for the dagger. Fabio handed it to the tall pale man and watched in fascination and he almost floated to the stone alter.

Lefyr laid the dagger on the large stone and the green light became visible to Fabio.

Lefyr didn't have any magic but the Goddess made it look like he did. He said a small incantation over the weapon and the light faded.

Lefyr reached for the blade but it levitated from the stone and right into Fabio's hands.

Lefyr looked at the dagger in awe and wondered if the incantation had really worked? The two men shook hands and Fabio agreed to introduce him to Serena and Jobel at the dinner tonight.

"That was an incredible sight Lefyr. Your spell will help me protect my charges tomorrow night better than I could have before. Thank you for trusting me with your magic."

"The pleasure was all mine. I think the reward is worth it. I look forward to seeing my old friend."

The two men shook hands and parted ways. Fabio had a large grin on his face that belied his evil nature and Lefyr was left wondering what that was all about.

He had followed his instincts and helped the man. But he really had no magic to give. He hoped it didn't come back to bite him in the ass.

*****

Drusilla hadn't taken the time to call Raphael Boulet and she decided to wait until she got back home. She was on vacation and just decided to have fun. She and her mother had helped each other dress for dinner and now they were heading to the grand ballroom.

The beautiful hall had been transformed by twinkling lights and small dinner tables dotted the floor. Golden table cloths covered them and votive candles sat in their midst casting a soft glow.

Drusilla walked into the room and was taken aback by the wonder of it all. She grabbed her mother's gloved hand and squeezed it with a nervous happiness.

"Thanks Mom for letting us come. I haven't felt this excited in a long time."

"I was not so sure at first my dear, but seeing you like this makes me happy."

They were quickly joined by Amandia and Avery and seated at one of the tables. There was a dance floor in the middle and a live orchestra playing on a small stage in a corner of the great room. A million stars shown down through the glass ceilings and it seemed as if they were in a fairy land.

"Having a good time ladies?" Ambrose asked as he and Becky were seated at a table next to them. His father stood and hugged Becky and Hazel as she appeared with Abe.

"You young ladies make this old man feel young again. You are going to make a great addition to our family." The two girls smiled at their future father-in-law and took their seats. This was nice and his little speech made them feel at ease.

People began crowding into the grand hall and soon it was time for the guests of honor to arrive.

Anderson and Ophelia entered the room. Jackson escorted Katelyn and Joseph escorted Megan. They walked to the front of the room and sat at the long table reserved especially for the Clarion family.

Next came the guest Alphas and their families, the last of them being Joe and Louisa Chambers. Their seconds who were Sullivan and Raphael came in after them. Maddie was behind Sullivan and was smiling with pride.

Raphael stopped suddenly causing Sullivan to almost crash into him.

"What's the matter Raphy? Are you alright?" Whispered Maddie, even though most of the attendees could hear every word.

"I'm fine, I just stumbled that's all." Raphael went to their table and took his seat, his face showing signs of shock and surprise.

She's here! His mate is in this very room. He hadn't had any contact with her how was she here? He looked around the room but could only smell that wonderful earthy aroma that she possessed.

*****

Drusilla Guyon was enjoying the sights and sounds around her. The dinner had been fabulous and the music superb. Now it was time for dancing and she knew she would have fun. Many men had caught her eye during the dinner and she would be glad to be distracted for a while.

The familiar strains of the song "At Last" floated into the atmosphere and Jackson stood holding his hand out to Megan. Drusilla sighed and blushed as her companions looked her way. She looked down at her hands in her lap and waited for her face to cool down.

"They look beautiful together don't you agree Dru?" Amandia said to her cousin. "One day you too will get a chance to have that first dance and it will be just as beautiful."

Jackson and Megan floated across the floor effortlessly and their opposing skin tones linked together like Yen and Yang. Two halves of a whole finally becoming one.

"Maybe one day aunt Amandia. I just have to meet the right one for me." Drusilla got a faraway look in her eyes and Carlotta grabbed her hands.

"Look baby I think someone auditioning for the part is about to arrive."

Stephan Murphy was enchanted by the dark haired beauty sitting with the Gastoni family and decided to ask if she would like to dance.

"Hello Avery and Amandia, ladies." Stephan bowed slightly and smiled charmingly.

"Hello Stephan please meet my cousin Carlotta and her daughter Drusilla Guyon."

"It is very nice to meet you ladies. I was wondering if Drusilla would care to dance."

Drusilla hesitated a moment and then accepted his offered hand. "I would love to." She answered and followed him onto the dance floor.

"She is so beautiful Carlotta. I am so glad she survived the attack." Amandia looked admiringly at Dru as she danced with Stephan.

She wasn't the only one looking as Dru laughed at something funny Stephan was whispering in her ear. Raphael couldn't believe his eyes. The woman of his dreams had appeared before him and was in another man's arms.

Sullivan noticed Raphael's change in posture and placed his hand on the younger man's shoulder.

"Take a deep breath Raphy. If she's the one you'll get your chance to make it known. We don't want to ruin Jackson's big night." Raphael's eyes slowly changed back to normal and his breathing slowed to a quiet pant.

"I'd almost given up on her Sullivan. She's the woman I saved from the burning house. Why is she here?"

"She's Amandia's cousin and Carlotta Guyon is her mother. They were invited to the ceremony. I met them this afternoon." Maddie informed them.

Stephan sat their motionless. All the sleepless nights wondering if she was alright and she was just here. Didn't she even care that he had been trying to get in touch with her? Did Remy's attack harden her heart against all Weres?

No matter the questions that plagued Stephan's mind his wolf had the complete answer; She is our mate, she is made for us! We cannot resist the mating pull!

Stephan never took his eyes off of Drusilla for a moment although his wolf urged him, no demanded for him to claim her right now! She was having fun and danced with many men though he never thought to ask her himself.

"Well aren't you going to ask her to dance Raphy? I thought she was your mate, the least you can do is get close enough to get a good sniff." Maddie teased.

Raphael seemed to slowly wake up and stood up before the current song ended. Before Drusilla could take her seat Raphael was there quickly taking her hand and leading her back out onto the dance floor.

"Hello." He said quietly. "I see you have been having quite a bit of fun and I thought I would take my turn." He smiled at her lazily his light brown eyes staring deeply into her gray ones.

"Do I know you? You seem awfully familiar to me?" Drusilla looked at the man through squinted eyes and thought back to a loud voice calling to her through the fog. "Wake up damn it!"; the voice had screamed even thought she could never put a face to it.

"My name is Raphael Boulet." Raphael looked at Drusilla because she had said his name the same time he had.

"You know who I am?" He asked in awe.

"You are my hero, my savior I have been looking for you." Drusilla gasped.

"I didn't know how to reach you directly and Detective Broussard assured me he'd given you my messages. I thought you didn't want to see me."

"Mother!" She huffed and took a deep breath.

"It's very nice to meet you Raphael. Thank you so much for saving my life."

Raphael led her to his table and they took a seat. He introduced Dru to Sullivan. She and Maddie smiled at each other having met already.

"Nice to see you again Drusilla. Isn't this a wonderful party?"

"It's great Maddie. I have been taking full advantage of the atmosphere. I don't think I've stopped dancing all night."

"Well it's time to take a break I would really like to get to know you better."

"I would like that Raphael maybe we should take a walk?"

Sullivan winked at Raphael as he rose and took Drusilla's hand in his. They walked out onto the large terrace and took a seat on a stone bench in the moonlight.

"I was very worried about you Drusilla. You hadn't regained consciousness when the ambulance took you to the hospital. I wanted to know that you were okay."

"I didn't know that I had been under protective custody until I woke up. It took a while for my Mother to leave me alone and she wouldn't let anyone near me."

"I don't blame her; I would have done the same thing. That monster tried to kill you and if he wasn't already dead I would kill him myself."

"But you don't know me why would you want to kill for me?"

"Because Drusilla Guyon you are the woman of my dreams. You smell like Sunshine and moonlight wrapped up in morning dew. Drusilla you are my mate."

This is not how Raphael wanted to reveal himself to her, but he didn't want to wait he had already waited long enough. If nothing else came from this moment at least now she knew.He waited patiently for her to say something and tried to stop his wolf from howling in his head.

Drusilla looked into his somber face and knew immediately that he was serious. How could she refuse him he was her hero? But was that enough for her to fall in love with him?

"I don't know what to say Raphael. I was not prepared for your revelation. I think it is too soon for me to give you an answer."

"You know about Weres Drusilla, and you know this is not a game for me. I can't force you to become my mate, but know you hold my life in your hands." He smiled at her and added; "No pressure of course." The two laughed at his joke and the tension eased around him.