The Girl Of My Dreams

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tomcatfive
Tomcatfive
347 Followers

"It just seems right!" She said without a second thought. But then she bit her lip and looked at me seriously. "I ... I don't really know, but it does."

We walked in and stood in the kitchen, but she turned to me and said with a grin, "I need some water to put my flower in. Can I get a glass?"

I said sure and was about to get one for her, but she opened the cabinet and took one of the tall glasses we'd always used. It was the only cabinet in the kitchen with a glass in it.

I took her around the house, and was happy to see she seemed perfectly at ease. She even picked up a picture of Katie and me and said with a big grin, "That's just how I thought the two of you would look together! She's so beautiful and you look so happy!" There wasn't a trace of uneasiness at seeing me with Katie. And she wiped away a bit of dust from the glass with her sleeve before putting it back on the mantel, carefully placing it so it was in the perfect position to be seen.

The "grand tour" only took a half hour or so, and before long she was leading me around, poking into things I hardly remembered were there. And when she'd seen everything she turned to me with a smile on her face that just glowed. I wrapped her up in my arms and gave her a long sweet kiss, thrilled that she was so at ease and there didn't seem to be any bad vibrations for either of us.

And then, she looked at me seriously and said, "Robbie, I don't know if I have the right to ask this yet but ... Can we stay here? It's a wonderful house, it's full of love, and somehow, it seems almost familiar. I just feel this is where I belong."

I think the expression on my face scared her for a moment. I was about to cry. All my fears that she or I or Katie would be uncomfortable with the two of us being together there were unfounded. Instead it seemed like it was meant to be. I could just feel it! And I knew she could too.

And when I crushed her little body to mine, full of joy and hope, I felt something else too. I knew! Katie's spirit did live on! And now it was a part of Kate! It hadn't taken over; Kate was still the same wonderful person as when we met, and the person I'd fallen hopelessly in love with. But Katie was there with us, guiding us, adding her love to ours, making certain that everything was perfect.

And when I looked at Kate again, tears streaming down my face, she was crying too. And before she buried her face in my chest she said simply,

"I feel her! Everywhere!"

_______________________________________________

Dear reader,

If you have gotten this far I hope you have enjoyed this story at least a fraction as much as I did writing it. It's not the type of thing I normally write, I hadn't intended it to go in the direction it took and this is not the ending I'd planned. In fact, I had already completed the story and was about to submit my original copy. I was happy with it. I had included a bit more about the lives of Robbie and Kate.

But when I woke up today this ending came to me; I hadn't considered it before. And it was the only option. It made me cry.

TC 5

Tomcatfive
Tomcatfive
347 Followers
1...5678910