All Comments on 'The Hardheads'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 211 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Creative story that should be rated higher, but personally I would have preferred an ending where he told her it was too late, and at least attempted to move on. Maybe they reconcile and stop the divorce down the line but not without some big changes and some deep discussions or counseling. She had some serious issues that need to be dealt with. Her disrespect was immense. The dropping the ultimatum before his trip to China was bad enough. The lack of any real communication while he was away and then after he went to a hotel meant their marriage has real flaws (on both sides). Her clubbing on a date with Martin was really bad. I would have blown a gasket right there and then. But her snuggling with Martin on the couch seems like a bridge too far. Maybe some can (eventually) reconcile that but seriously fater 8 weeks. He finally has the balls to file and then she has her deus ex machina epiphany by talking to Tina. It isn't clear what motivated that. Was it luck? Was it what she saw with Martin and his smug grin? Was it the MC filing papers? Probably the latter mixed in with the her seeing his smug grin of triumph? Not clear. Regardless, I would have told her that she made her choice and now that she has buyer's regret, it no longer involves me, and would let the divorce proceed. Again maybe somehow they work it out during the divorce or even afterwards. But it isn't enough that she finally saw it from his standpoint (only after Martin's deceit was obvious via Tina) or that she had a come to Jesus moment when she got the divorce papers, there is a serious problem with her lack of respect and her choosing "friendship" for an ex boyfriend over their marriage. And that cannot be solved with makeup sex and some simple discussions. That would at the very least require real counseling. She was in fact enacting a weird form of emotional cheating, except trust was not really violated. Trust isn't the problem. Respect or lack thereof combined with excessive stubbornness and buying into Martin's propaganda. That is a real problem. Still i try not to let how I would personally deal with a plot situation, influence my vote. Hence 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Please write an alternative ending.wife needs to pay for disrespect.

LaucaubinLaucaubinabout 1 month ago

He’s a real dummy for taking her back. She does need t believe her husband? Dump her now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

How can you agree to spend your life with someone that doesn't care what you think or feel? Martin wasn't at fault, he's a bottomed feeder and he did what bottom feeders do, it was Sarah the brain dead hemorrhoid that was wilfully stupid. Her husband isn't a brainic either, he charges to a club and spots them kissing, and then finds them at home cuddling? End of story right there. There is something more important than love, and that's dignity, and Sarah, albeit with Martin's help, took all of his away. Good story, but silly outcome.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

After she beats a square peg into a round hole why would he do anything but divorce her and move on?

knoxhardknoxhard3 months ago

One night and then file the papers. Why the month of torture for himself?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

For the whole story she refused to listen to her husband, she disrespects him at every turn. She betrays him by sensuously dancing and snuggling with another man. She didn't respect his feelings or opinions--but she damn sure respected Martin's opinions and feelings. She chose another man over the MC at every single turn. Then she played the self-righteous victim when her betrayals are pointed out. Who would want a woman like that.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos5 months ago

I don't know why people are calling the MC of this story a wimp, or saying he was soft. He was at the precipice of divorcing his wife while trying to get her to see reason. Of course he stopped the divorce once she finally had the wool lifted from her eyes - this is exactly what he wanted and furthermore, she probably learned an incredibly important lesson about emotional manipulation. As far as I can tell, the MC got exactly what he wanted - yes he had to suffer a bit for it, but in the end his wife came through and he decided that it was enough for now.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Good story about a stubborn, less than bright woman coming to blowing her marriage. Andy still the best man.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Fun little tale, if not a bit frustrating. I can accept the wimpy MC for a bit, but once he finally manned up, the reconciliation was just too quick and without any real remorse shown from the ditz. But still, short and fun. Any longer and it would have turned into waterboarding.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Im afraid i agree with other comments. I have read a lot of your stories and it seems to me that you set out to make your men wimps. Do you so this to annoy your readers? Why? How many men have you heard of that would allow themselves to be pushed out of their marital home so her friend can move in? Ok i know that women are unlikely to do that in the first place but who would make it worse by going abroad and not taking action, yeh right. Its just a story of course but readers are looking to enjoy your work.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker5 months ago

That ass woulda been gone or i would be.. she needs to see a shrink Be4 id take her back. Nobody in their right mind would tolerate that behavior.. 🤷🤷🤷😉😉🙋👍👍💯

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story. But the reconciliation was too quick. Counseling, separation with a no dating others clause, else divorce, and rebuilding their relationship one date Ata a time. She didn't mcheat but she belittled him, disrespected him and did nit choose him first. Ultimately forgivable but points to.deper rcharacter issues that need to be addressed.

Fat_HomebodyFat_Homebody6 months ago

I honestly tried to like Stev's stories, but they're just too outlandish. The MC's are idiotic wimps. I'm sorry, but if my wife even CONSIDERED me leaving the house over her male friend (who she's probably fucking on the side anyway), our marriage would have died right there.

Busman19639Busman196396 months ago

She made her decision and he should have moved along right away

Storm113Storm1136 months ago

This was just ridiculous. No one in their right mind would put up with this.

NallusNallus7 months ago

Gave it a 3 because it was wrapped up too quickly AND Sarah is forgiven after one brief sentence????

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Andy clearly had a better and appropriate solution. Besides even with Martin gone, their reconciliation seems to trite and simplistic. He still.loves Sarah but her attitude and lack of respect was terrible. Yes Sarah was in no danger of physically cheating with Martin (unless he drugged her, not out of the realm of possibility), but she clearly took his concerns, first disregarding them, then belittling them, then assuming he is being a stubborn fool and lived apart from her husband for 5 weeks AFTER his 4 week trip to China, whlie living and being friendly to Martin. She was naive and temperamental, intransigent, lacked common sense, and any empathy for her husband. What happens when life tosses other serious challenges their way? Not say they need to divorce. But a period of separation with an infidelity clause, then agreeing to go to counseling together, and actively trying tomdat3 again, while they spent some time living apart, might have been the better and more realistic approach. Still 5 stars.

TLHianhinTLHianhin7 months ago

Eric could have done an Andy weeks earlier and would have resolved all that heartache and frustration. I cant believe he tolerated that nonsense for so long.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Andy's solution was more efficient. Multiple weeks with barely any verbal communication. The dance club is not good and merits an argument but her snuggling with Martin on the couch is a major freaking violation, even if he knows she never slept with him (was confirmed by a third party hearing Martin complain). Remember Martin would want to gloat if he did sleep with her to drive the wedge home. So hubby has confirmation they did not have sex. But as soon as seeing the couch scene, what about second base? The reconciliation was way too fast and simple. Their marriage has a rela issue to address.

RuttweilerRuttweiler9 months ago
Pointless

Tempest in a teapot.

TrambakTrambak10 months ago

Why did Sarah speak with Martin’s girlfriend?

I think Sarah will continue to torment Eric with her funny line of thinking down the line.

ibuguseribuguser10 months ago

>>How do these stories rate so high?

They are well written. All of them. Even the ones I don't like.

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

So why would a noncuckold want anything to do with a ditz like that?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

How do these stories rate so high?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The nmen in your stories always seem to get the short end of the stick for their never-ending patience. Why would anyone put up with these women being such bitches? Drop them and start over. Your men (?) will be better for it and so will your stories.

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

She finallyrealized the chad was a chad and not good long term material so she went back to the doormat.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Loved it. Stirred up some emotions we all can identify with. You identified the problem(s), patiently allowed the significance of it to reach a zenith and provided the only ultimatum possible and solved the problem. A thouroghly complete tale. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pure shit: Stupid and degrading. You are a terrible story teller= no one would tolerate that shit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story but the ending was bad. The wife picked her ex-boyfriend over her husband that is a fact time and time again even after he said he did not want him to stay. gave his reasons that were good. How would she feel if one of his ex-girlfriends wanted to stay?

Best ending would be Eric goes whome with divorce papers gives them to her gives her the two finger salut say FU to Sarah. Plus she slept with Martian come on.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 1 year ago

gave it a 1, and also would have give her a 1, 1 door hitting her ass on the way out

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You think your solution was better? How long did you suffer? How long did Andy suffer?

JayZipJayZipabout 1 year ago

Love it. One of my favorites here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting premise. But the catharsis at the end was too fast. She kicks Martin out, calls her husband, apologizes, and begs him to come back, wanting him to spank her for being stubborn and make love to her all day. And they do and all is well. Huh? Sure a reconciliation is possible. Maybe even warranted. But she needs help. Like counseling. Her stubbornness and willingness to ghost her husband for weeks on end is a real freaking problem. The MC is stubborn to but had the moral high ground throughout and he tried to dissuade her from her choices but she acted irrationally while.thinking her husband was the one being irrational. I would personally be way upset seeing them cuddle the couch with her head on his belly, inches from his crotch, than watching them in a dance club getting a bit physical. The latter warrants a fight. The former warrants walking out and moving on. The dramatic tension was good. But the reconciliation was way too swift and their was little actual work done to restore their marriage. While technically not an adulteress, his wife lived with a "friend" weeks. Against the expressed wish of her husband and was being manipulated willfully by Martin. She cheated and disrespected her husband. In real life, the implicit assumption by the MC that nothing happened sexually would be hard to make and there woukd be hard questions. Without counseling not sure their marriage has much of a chance. It isn't about Martin. It is about their (especially her) hard-headed behavior and lack of ability yo communicate. How many sentences do they actually say to each other in 8 weeks? Good luck with that. MC was also a pansy, letting things play out, to a point that he was sure he needed to divorce her. She was pigheaded beyond belief especially after the scene on the club and then in the living room. She felt guilty because she was guilty! Then the plot device of the divorce papers being served (realistic) and then talking to Martin's ex girlfriend (she couldn't have done that works ago, so.why now?). Finally wifey wakes up. Given it took 8 weeks, they need marital help. Personally think Andy's solution was better. Much quicker a d effective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Didn't like this at all. Wife picks another guy over husband over and over again and when he finally decides to grow somes balls and have her served, she decides to actually look into why her husband feels they way he does and finally finds out the truth and runs back to him with her pathetic apology. And instead of telling her to piss or or having her work for his forgiveness, the husband takes her straight back. Not cool.

Kapturek62Kapturek62over 1 year ago

I'm reading another of your stories and I feel the same way at the end. You warn at the beginning that there is no BTB and you like good endings and that's OK with me. But these endings are so short and shallow compared to the whole development, it's like you're ashamed of them. Hhusband's decisions in such dim light are hard to understand...

FreeAmericanPatriotFreeAmericanPatriotover 1 year ago

I would have gone home directly from the club where they were dancing and changed the locks.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Too cartoonish

Unbelievable characters, as silly as Saturday morning shows for kids.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

sbrooks10310 cracks me up. So defensive and thin-skinned for a supposed writer and editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How stupid this story can go?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

She's too stupid to make babies with.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

I haven't commented on this before, probably because I worked on it, but I'm embarrassed to see edits that I missed.

\

I don't understand readers who think that they know characters better than the author. They live in the author's head, and if he says she didn't fuck Martin, then she didn't fuck Martin.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerover 1 year ago

An emotional affair can almost be as bad r even worse than a physical one. I feel for hubby, I do . But she would Have to agree to consulting Before I'd move back in with her... As wrote, she definitely has some issues she needs to get " fixed" .Other than that not a bad story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She's too stupid to be with, and he's too much of a pussy for being that patient with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How can anyone be as stupid as Steve for sticking around as long a he did? Really stupid story.

Ocker53Ocker53over 1 year ago

I agree with the other commenters, this is one of Stev2244 worse⭐️

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Please.

No one that can manage to feed themselves could possibly be this stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She repeatedly chose another man over her husband and repeatedly tolerated, if not encouraged, that man's blatant denigration on her husband. Why on earth take her back?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was shit.

jonny956jonny956over 1 year ago

I’m not sure who deserves the spanking more; Sarah or the author. That was just plain bad!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hate, hate, hate. She let it go too far. This ending sux.

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

He really should have stayed away...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ridiculous, why believe her? Why believe that they didn't fuck in the end? She can't be trusted, once Martin left I'd have believed it was because he got what he wanted.

BIGGUY441956BIGGUY441956almost 2 years ago

Now your scenarios are really bad. They are unrealistic no matter what your views are on BTB. You do not have to BTB to call it quits. In real life if either spouse puts another before their spouse it will end the trust they have in them. Without trust there is no marriage. Putting someone in-between is a conscious effort so it isn't done by accident like you make out. Either get real with your mind and right stories with people that are human or put your writing into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy section. You write well, but you're thinking is messed up big time.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

I read it again and I liked it a lot more this time. I think the believability lies more with Martin's character than hers and I know there are worms like him out there.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 2 years ago

I really like Stev2244's writing but I can only take his stories in small doses as the majority of MCs have the willpower of clay, the women are psychotic, and the plausibility of much of the plot elements fall apart upon inspection.

CindyTVCindyTValmost 2 years ago

What a pussy. The minute he stepped on that plane and Martin moved in, he should have started the divorce papers. He obviously had no balls. No woman would want a man like that, no wonder she allowed Martin in her life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

More rubbish. Sorry but give the husband's some backbone will ya?! She wasn't being a hardhead, she was being a selfish asshole who continually chose another man over her husband. And when the wimpy husband finally had her served, she finally decided to do something about it. And to top it off, she simply apologise and the wimp takes her back straight away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

EIGHT WEEKS!! I would have filed papers within days…if not hours…Man card revoked permanentky

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why would you want a stupid ass like that for a wife? I would make her wait at least 6 monthsbefore broaching any possibility of reconciliation. No way that I'm believing she hasn't had some form of sex or intimacies with him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Keep the divorce going, tell her she needs an STD test, at best be FWB going forward.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

2nd time through and literally no marriage would ever survive that, an dif it could it sure as fucj wouldnt be an "He's gone, Im sorry, lets fuck".

Its sad when even men think we're THAT stupid.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Call me a neanderthal or whatever but your spouse's feelings should come 1st unless its like murder or something criminal of course. He should've at least stayed separate longer. There were no remorse on the the situation, only her guilt in believing the idiot over her hubby.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Should have divorced her. She was dis-loyal and dis-respectful. Not good wife at all.

OPrimeOPrimeover 2 years ago

It is a mystery why he waited so long. At the airport I would have told her dump the bum or start the divorce. The wife was a stubborn clueless twit. The husband a spineless characterless wimp. How can he live with himself?

But then it is a story after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Martin needed an asskicking

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The RAAC was utterly implausible. Like SNL's Emily Litella, the MC just says "Oh, never mind."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fuuck that shit is weak. One slap on her behind and 8 weeks of emotionally cheating on him are forgotten? Decent author tough. Can really tell a story so it sucks you in. Even if you absolutely loath the ending...

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

4, not bad but didn't much care for the reconciliation ending personally. I wasn't rooting for a "BTB" but his wife disrespected him for about 3 months, its clear she was willing to put her "friend" who was an ex-boyfriend ahead of her husband and was so deluded saw nothing wrong with moving an ex into her house. The MC should have just cut the strings and moved on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

After all she did a divorce was the only possibility.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He'll be baaack!

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

The guy was in love with his wife, I don't think he was a wimp, not all us guys are the macho type and not all us guys understand emotions and attachments we make to our family. This guys wife was his family she was a dense stubborn woman who saw nothing wrong with her 'friend' who wasn't a friend. She was the feel sorry for person and her 'friend' was the poor down and out guy. The husband handled it well and did what I predicted he filed for divorce and 'that' woke her up. Good story, he had to walk away and that did it. End of story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Had potential

And then you wimped out. Had the dude crying and then going back to her as soon as she calls him after he finally shows some backbone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid. She gets to have her cake and eat it too. The next ex that shows up will do exactly the same thing. There are no “hard heads” in this story but one wimp, one extremely unfaithful woman and a conniving snake. Good start to a realistic story, terrible ending. No need to BTB, just get out of a very bad relationship.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

Interesting premise, insufficiently dramatized.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

She lived with another man for 8 weeks, she chose another man over her husband for months before that then he just takes her back without so much as an argument, give me a break⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

THE LOSER WIMP HUSBAND GOES BACK TO THE WHORE WIFE.....MORE TRASH FROM THIS WRITER

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 3 years ago

The people slating the characters and writer need to understand one thing.

The writer is German.

They are an exceptionally wierd lot and the characters he writes can be found in every German town.

If you don't believe me just think about this.

Their national dress involves leather trousers.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

This has to be the stupidest story I've read on this site. What a frigging CHUMP. And he stayed married to her??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a wimp to take the whore back .

They were obviously fucking

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Eric was a complete wimpy cuck….

xtchrxtchrabout 3 years ago

Terrible Story!

He goes to China for 4 weeks and she moves another man in. The worst part is that she thinks it's OK. That should have been the end of the marriage right then-and-there.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Out with the dumb bitch, kicked to the curb asap. What a wimp he was, gave a slap on the bum and all’s forgiven??????

She needed to be bloody well flogged to pay for wahat she did, bloody well flogged!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

reconciliation no waay!...if my spouse made me a promise and broke it to accomdate any friend of hers..made me stay in a hotel while keeping him at teh home...no way i would want to risk my life with that bitch...no kids..time to drop her like a hot potato....this MC is a stupid wimp..and is going to get a kick in the balls...10 years down the line when he has two three kids...she is going to forget about martins behaviour and remember only the good times...and he is going to get back into her panties...if she could behave like this at the startof their marriage...whats she gonna do ten years later after kids and when teh maarriage is no longer hot and smoking? yeah! u got it right..save urself trouble down the road..dump her and find someone else!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

She chose Martin over her husband. He should have continued with the divorce.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

I hope this author is not one iota similar to his idiotic protagonists, because otherwise you have to call him a wimp and cuckold! But

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
She put out.

Husband is kicked out for 8 weeks and a quick call and its all good? Nah, no guy would go so far as to see a lawyer and cave so quick. He had to assume she had sex with the guy. Otherwise he would still be there.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

I think you drug out the conflict between Sarah and Eric a bit long, but overall, a decent story. It was clear to a reasonable person that Eric was damn serious of his view of Martin as a threat, yet you let Sarah continue to ignore it as her marriage implodes. If I have a complaint on some of your stories it's that some of the key characters are presented as competent, decent people but then make decisions/actions completely contrary to that character. Sarah was that character in this story. Still - 4*

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Unless she was a doped up crack head she couldnt be that f-ing stupid and still have the ability to inhale.

BabalooieBabalooieover 3 years ago

Stupid is as stupid does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ha! That was funny!

I actually thought you had created a character with even a bit of self-respect but you managed to replace him at the last moment with one of your standard losers. Good show!

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Doesn't sound like a relationship that'll stand the test of time. If she could get suckered by a weasel as transparent as Martin (regardless of their history), she'd have no chance if a real smooth operator made the moves on her. At his end, Eric was way too passive, like he had to constantly walk on eggshells around Sarah, despite her nonstop disrespect. Maybe that's what it takes to keep the relationship working, but it feels more like taking care of a child while gently teaching them life lessons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This had potential

And then it was like you couldnt be bothered anymore and wrote a wimpy ending. Sorry but cmon he went through all that just to wimp out and take her back after 1 call?

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago

I'm not against women but in reality, most women lacks the clear emotional boundary. This is a good and bad quality they have. It enables them to be empathetic and friendly. It is bad because when they have to commit, they can't decide easily. Unless they got burned, that's the moment they have realized they committed a mistake. Too bad, most of the mistakes are irredeemable. Eric's action are correct. He gives her an option and let her discover the problem. By allowing her to realize her own mistake, she managed to create a boundary by herself.

As for Carla, she might consider Andy's reaction as overreacting. But Andy was cool

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

I couldn’t have reconciled with her. She was the entire problem.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Martin wasn't the problem.

She didn't know where her loyalties lay. Martin should never had the power to get between them. Sorry, but this story just isn't believable unless she was naive beyond all reason.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
she fucked this guy for 8 weeks

and you took her back like the cuckold was. I've said it before Steve224 has a whore wife fetish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
TLDr

Shacks up with another man dumps husband for all intents and purposes. When shes done with him she crooks her finger and he comes running back.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Again. I like Andy's reaction much better.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Good Story And

Well written BUT DAMN MAN!! She shacks up with Martin for over 8 weeks, 4 of which her husband is out of the country where she doesn't even contact him, goes to clubs with him, snuggles up on the couch with him but she's not fucking him?? I'm laying heavy odds she is and hubby is too blind to see it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous