The Long Absence: Allen's Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Robin piped up from the background, "I have to get going, I'll see you two tomorrow." Allen smiled as she left the two of them alone, Krista only nodding her head as she stood there crying.

He continued holding her, running his fingers through her light brown hair. She had moved her hands to his chest, clutching him tightly. He didn't know what to do, he only knew that he felt some kind of peace with her. He moved both hands to her middle back, and held her tightly. She moved her hands up and over his shoulders and neck. They embraced like that for a few moments. He started to stand straight again and took a step back. She slowly looked up at him, her dark green eyes, still streaming with tears.

"Is this real?" she asked as she brought a hand to his face.

All he could do was look down in her eyes nod yes. He fought the urge to break down, and struggled to maintain his composure. She lunged toward him again wrapping her arms up around his neck. He heard her say very softly that she was sorry. He didn't quite understand what she was talking about at first.

"I'm so sorry...never again..." she cried.

Then it occurred to him. She must be sorry for the past, their lack of a bonding relationship.

"...never again, will I take you for granted..." she continued as she held him tightly.

"It's ok...It's fine," he said has he broke the embrace, grabbing her trembling hands. "Let's sit."

"You're hurt! " she cried out as she saw the cane.

"No, I mean, sort of. I'm ok...let's sit," he said as he led her to the couch.

As she sat next to him, he cleared his throat, and he put his arm around her to console her. This was new to him, he couldn't recall ever sitting like this with her, much less putting his arm around her. She continued crying and leaning into him for several more minutes. When it appeared she gained her composure, she sat up, facing him, and brought her hand to his face again. Gently caressing it, as she looked in to his eyes; all he could do was smile weakly and look back into hers. Her face looked the same, except older. He noticed crow's feet around her eyes, and slight wrinkles around the corners of her mouth. She had a few freckles from sun exposure. Her lips stick color was different, not the vibrant red, but plain – almost like she was barely wearing any makeup except for some eye shadow. Her hair style was different too. Not the long sultry dark hair, but slightly shorter, down to the middle of her back instead of her lower back. It was light brown and still thick. She had a few of the long locks curled, and even some bangs that came down to her eyebrows. It was a trendy looking hairstyle, one that isn't normally seen on a 42 year old woman.

"I missed you so much," she said as the tears returned and she embraced him yet again.

"It's ok, I'm here now." He patted her back and closed his eyes. He noticed she smelled wonderful. HE closed his eyes and smiled, not used to this closeness, but open to it.

She pulled back and ended the embrace. She took a deep breath, wiping her eyes and face of tears, calming herself. "What you like something to drink? Water?" she asked.

"Sure, mom, that'd be great," he smiled as he watched her fill up a glass of tap water.

"I had no idea you were coming home today, "she said as she handed him the water, still sitting very close to him.

"Yeah, well, my leg...." He looked down to his right thigh after taking a sip.

Krista placed her hand on his thigh and gently rubbed it for a moment. "I'm so sorry sweetie."

"It's fine. I'll have physical therapy, and use the cane for a little while longer. The worst is behind me."

"Good," she said as she patted his thigh. Not sure of what to say or how to say it, she simply smiled at him, taking in every moment.

"Your hair looks nice," he said attempting to break the silence. He meant it to, it was very cute.

"Thank you," she appeared to blush and look away slightly.

They sat in silence for several more minutes as he finished his water. She examined his hands, then moved up to his half inch dark hair, and then his face again. She finished her examination with another long embrace. They sat there in silence, holding each other, as the sun set. Having lost track time, Krista stood and turned a lamp on next to the couch. She sat back next to Allen, grabbing his hands.

"Care to see your room?"

"Sure, lead the way," he smiled as he stood with her help.

She held his and led him up the stairs, at the top she entwined her arm with his and led him to his old room. He was shocked at what he saw. It looked exactly the same as it did when he left. Same bed, same drawers, same wall colors, same everything. It looked like a room for an 18 year old, not a 23 year old war vet. It was spotless too; he could tell it was cleaned regularly.

"Wow....it looks great in here," he said in amazement as he looked around.

"Thanks, I kept it just the way you left it. I dust in here about once a week," she said as she let go of his arm and sat on his bed looking up at him, smiling.

"Yeah," he chuckled slightly as he looked at the double size bed. "Everything is the same. I suppose the bed is long enough for me. Feet might hang off the end some."

"Well if that's the case we'll have to go shopping and buy you a new bed!" She exclaimed as she stood up, moving toward Allen, placing her hands on his chest again. She sweetly looked up to his eyes.

"I don't know, maybe," he replied, looking around the room toward the floor.

"Just let me know, ok? After all, you are a big, tall, hunk now. Not a kid, but a grown man. We can change the room however you like it." She remained looking up at his face, into his eyes for moment before she went on her tippy toes to kiss him on the cheek, causing him to blush – much to his surprise and embarrassment.

She ran her hands over his shoulders, and down onto his biceps. "You're huge too. I guess that's what all the training will do to a man." He simply smiled and nodded.

"So...would you like to take a hot shower? You still have all your same clothes. Same pajamas too. Think they'll fit?"

"Heh, probably not," he chuckled back. "But I have some PJs in my bag downstairs I can wear."

"Ok great. We can buy you new clothes too, if need be. I'll go down and get your bag and bring it up here. You can go ahead and shower, you know where the towels are ."

"Sounds great, mom," he replied, smiling softly down at her.

She went on her tippy toes again, kissing his check. "Ok I'll see you when you get out."

Chapter 3

As his mother went downstairs to get his bag and a bite to eat for herself, Allen stepped into the shower, letting the hot water hit is back and shoulders. He turned around, watching the water flow down his huge chest, over his 6 pack stomach, and then down his tree trunk legs. He looked at his flaccid member and thought about the last time he used it.

Christine was her name, a fellow marine in his unit. She was gorgeous. Dark, almost black hair, very toned and fit. She would ride his cock to oblivion every once in awhile. The last time was a few months ago, before she went home to the states. He smiled thinking about that night. How they snuck behind a building on base, pinning her against the wall, thrusting up and down.

His cock started to hardened as he thought of her. He used some shampoo from his head and grabbed his impressive length. Maybe not super huge, like the massive cock of his best friend on base, but it was an adequate 9 inches.

His thoughts went back to Christine, has he held her up against the wall, pounding her pussy relentlessly. "Yes," he thought as he stroked that blood engorged pole, "feels so good." He hadn't cum in a long time and the images of Christine's face with an expression of lust on it fueled him as he jacked off harder and faster. "Yes!" he screamed in his head, then something strange happened right as the semen was welling up in his balls: he saw his mother's face.

Christine's face became Krista's. Just as she was a little while earlier in his bedroom looking up at him before he left to take a shower; her sweet smile, with her thick, luscious lips. "Ahhh," he whispered a moan out as he tried to revert the face back to Christine's. "No..." he couldn't do it, the face of Christine was gone and replaced with his mother's. It was too late to stop jacking off, his cum was on the rise. He bent forward slightly as his mouth dropped open in a silent moan. The powerful orgasm came over him and he shot several ropes of cum straight up into the air, a few spurts hitting his chest, his face, landing on his lips, and one going into his open mouth. He moaned as quite has he could and stood up straight, licking his semen off his lips, shaking his head. "Idiot," he thought to himself. "Whatever," he sighed and finished up. He got out of the shower, wrapping the towel around his waist, grabbed his cane, and went to his room.

"Oh, hi..." he awkwardly said to his mom as he saw her sitting on his bed.

"Hi," she smiled. "I brought your bag, and a turkey sandwich if you're hungry." She said, smiling up at him.

"Thanks, I could eat again. " He sat on the bed next to her and took a couple bites, still in his towel.

Krista raised up on her knees and put her left arm around him. Her free hand roamed over his shoulder and bicep, gently squeezing them. He took another bite of the sandwich. She scratched his head and leaned down to slowly kiss his bare shoulder.

"You really do look great," she said while running her hand through his hair, the other hand softly caressing his arm.

"Thanks," he replied with a mouth full of sandwich causing her to chuckle a bit.

"I'll let you change. Your bag is over there." She stood up and turned to face him, grabbing his chin to bring his face upward toward hers. She leaned in and kissed his cheek again, slower this time. "I'm so glad you're back," she then exited the room.

He finished his sandwich and got his pajamas on; a t-shirt and pajama pants. He smiled as he thought about how things are better than he expected. They seem to be getting along, she is a different person like his grandmother said, and he felt sort of good about being back. He lay back on the bed and looked up to the ceiling for a few moments, then he heard her knock at the door.

"May I come in?" she asked.

"Sure mom, just laying here," he casually replied. She entered the room and had changed into her pajamas. They were not super short-shorts, or a tiny tank top like he remembered and felt weird about as a kid. They were almost like what he was wearing. She had on pink with red polka dot pajama pants and plain small white t-shirt. She look truly adorable. He smiled at her as she walked around to the other side of his bed, smiling back at him.

"Care if I join you?" she asked, getting on the bed, not waiting for his answer.

"No, not at all," he replied, scooting over a little so she'd have some room – not much room, but a little.

"Good," she said as she lay next to him, snuggling into his massive arm, her head on his chest.

"You sure do look cute in your PJs," he said, trying his best to be friendly. He pulled her in closer to him, feeling the warmth of her body and the increasing warmth in his heart.

"Well thank you sweetie," she said as she patted his chest and propped herself up on her fist. "So....again, I'm sorry."

"Mom, stop," he knew what she was talking about. "Let's just lay here and relax."

"I want to renew things with you."

"I," he sighed, "would like the same thing."

She nodded her head. "Can I just say one thing?"

"Alright," he groaned.

"You are my everything, my world, my life, and I want your forgiveness for any second that I may have put doubts into your mind about my love for you before you left. I had some issues for many years, and I've gotten a lot of help in the past few years. Things have changed with me." She rested her head on his chest placing her hand on the other pectoral. "I won't go too much into it, but I've gotten professional help to address self-esteem and self-worth issues I was having. I now know what matters in life, and I focus on it now. Will you please forgive me?"

"Mom, I..." he sighed as she looked back up at him. "It's ok, really, it's fine. It's...in the past. "

"Do you forgive me?"

He paused for a moment, "yes."

"Oh sweetie," she lifted up and gave his lips a quick peck, then settled back down. "I just want you to know that time of my life is over, I want to maintain and tend to real bonds, real love. You know?"

He nodded his head as she continued. "You're my real love, and I want to make sure you and I are close and will have an unbreakable bond."

He brought his hand to her face, caressing it, sighing again, "I'm here now, I'm home for good. Let's just...." He trailed off has he caressed her cheek with his thumb, remembering what his grandmother said earlier in the day, "let's just let go of all that and move forward. "

"I love you, " she said blankly and immediately after he finished his sentence.

"I love you too," he hesitantly replied. It was may have been the first time in many, many, years he had said that to her. He had trouble getting the word s out, but he did, and deep down, he meant them. He's always loved her as his mother.

She smiled and lifted up again and kissed his lips, slightly longer this time. He smiled awkwardly and took a deep breath, relaxing, he put his hand behind his head and his other hand lightly trailed up and down his mother's back.

They talked for hours like this, her lying on his chest, him caressing her back and playing with her hair. They talked about his experience in the marines. They talked about his plans for the future, for work, for picking up the pieces of his life as a vet. They talked more about her new job and how a few years ago she left the corporate world and now works at a small business. This was truly the first time they had ever just spent time together talking. Talking like old friends, catching up, laughing, smiling, it was great. Or were they new friends? Since before he joined the marines, there wasn't any sort of friendship – at least in his mind.

They talked about everything, similar to how he did earlier in the day with his grandmother. Or was that yesterday? It was way after midnight. He yawned and looked over at the digital clock next to the bed.

"Wow, 3am. It's pretty late, or early I guess. Don't you have to work soon?" he asked.

"Nah, I'm going to call in. They'll understand why. I'll take the next 2 days off, so I'll have a 4 day weekend to spend with you!" She smiled and sat up. "You getting sleepy?"

"Yeah, eyes are heavy."

"Well then close your eyes. I'll turn off the lamp." She did so and sat back on the bed.

"Ok well I guess I'll see you in the morning...or a little while."

"No sir, I'm sleeping in here tonight. Now make room."

"Oh you are? Well...fine then." He huffed and slid over on his side facing her, so there'd be more room. She slid under the sheets and snuggled right up next to him, facing him.

"Can I tell you a secret?" she asked, her face a few inches from his.

"Hmmm...I suppose."

"Four or five times out of the week I'd sleep in here."

"Really?"

She nodded her head. "It made me feel better, gave me peace. "

He was taken back a bit, not know how to respond. "Wow...ok."

"Anyway, let's sleep, I'm tired too." She then kissed his lips again, a sweet, soft kiss – one that sent tingles down his spine. Something he wasn't expecting, and something that threw him off guard. He cleared his throat and blinked rapidly a few times in the dark room.

"Goodnight sweetie, so glad you're here with me," she said as she curled up in his large arms, as if she was supposed to be there all along.

"Goodnight, mom," he replies, feeling a little weird, figuring the kiss was just what a very affectionate woman might do after not seeing her child in 5 years. Based on his memory of her in his teen years, she certainly was affectionate – to many people. "No big deal, it's fine," he thought to himself as he held her and drifted off to sleep.

Chapter 4

Several hours later, at around 10am, Allen woke up to find himself alone in his bed. He heard muffled voices downstairs in the kitchen; his mother and grandmother. They were chatting and laughing. He also smelled food. He got up and stretched then proceeded to leave his room. Instead of going downstairs to greet the two ladies, he turned to the left and headed in the opposite direction down the hallway, to simply peak around the corner to the little office area. He wanted to see if that had changed in his absence, and then he'd head downstairs.

It did indeed look different. There were a couple book shelves there now filled with books. His mother never read when he was there, but apparently she does now, and quite regularly it seems. He shrugged and walked over the shelves to briefly examine the collection.

Turning his head to the side so he could read their vertical titles, he glazed over them. He saw titles that suggested books about: learning to forgive oneself, forgiving others, finding self-worth, letting go of the past, and various other self help titles.

Going further along the collection, he saw books dealing with addiction, books about enjoying life and taking things in moderation and so on. Then near the end of the collection he saw different types of books that made raise an eyebrow. The titles included: "Making Love, Not Lust," "The Perfect Mother," "Being a Selfless Lover," "Recognizing True Love In All Its Forms," "Lesbianism: A Beautiful Bond," "True Sexual Fulfillment," "Examining All Types of Love."

"Hmm interesting," he whispered as he continued on, reading the titles in his head.

"Building an Unbreakable Bond," "Interspecies Sex," he stopped reading.

"Wow...um, Ok..." he shook his head and continued.

"Giving Your All to Love," "The Psychology of Paraphilia," "Giving In: Accepting Incestual Love," he stopped once more, and just stared forward, both eyebrows raised. He didn't hear the footsteps behind him.

"Hey sweetie, good morning," Krista said as she crept up behind him, slightly startling him out of his shock, grabbing his arm.

"Oh, uh, hey mom. Looks like you are reading a lot these days." He cleared his throat, and coughed nervously.

"Yes I have. Mostly psychology and self-help books. Books about love, loving oneself and forgiveness. They have been really helpful. There's a few other books where interesting topics are examined and so on, just stuff like that. Come, let's go eat," she took him by the hand and they walked downstairs to the kitchen.

He hugged his grandmother and they sat down at the table for a very wonderful breakfast. They all talked and laughed and had a great day together. The unusual book collection was quickly forgotten. Robin informed them her boyfriend would be home Saturday and that Allen can meet him.

Later, that evening, after dinner, they sat on the couch and looked at old photo albums - Robin to his left, Krista to his right, his arm around each one. The two gorgeous women had a hand on his left and right thigh respectively. Robin's hand was still, but Krista's was gently rubbing his thigh in a circle, careful not to hurt his wound.

As 10pm approached the last photo album was viewed. Allen yawned and looked downward as Robin put the albums away. He looked over to his right thigh, and simply watched his mother's hand gently circle and rub it. He watched for several seconds and then looked upward. He caught her looking at him, smiling sweetly. Their eyes met for a few seconds. He smiled back awkwardly, and looked over toward his grandmother as she sat back on the couch.