The Lost World Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She pointed towards the direction she intended to go. After an affirmative nod from Rainer, she apprehensively stepped forward and walked towards Zamarak's current location with Rainer close behind.

"You want to know something? Don't worry, just ask. I'm not about to guillotine anyone just because they ask me a question." Rainer noticed that Hanazae had something to say, but was too afraid to do so.

"Y-yes! Uhm, what do you intend to do with Zamarak-sae? He said that you were angry with his proposal and stormed off, probably intending to give him some sort of punishment." Hanazae started bursting out various false words.

"Give a punishment... Nothing of-" Rainer tried to interject, but Hanazae proved far too enigmatic to simply cease her speech.

"Zamarak-sae is a great demon! He doesn't mean to do anything harmful to the demon race with his intentions! He only thinks about how to better demons and the Land of Lust! Please don't punish Zamarak-sae, he only means to help you, great lord!" Hanazae, despite the adult nature of her succubus body, began tearing up like a lost child searching for its mother.

"Hear me out! Seriously, I'm not going to punish the guy!" Rainer raised his hands in the air, as if surrendering to an enemy.

"You won't?"

"I won't!"

"Promise?"

"I promise!"

Hanazae sniffed up the snot that began dribbling during her crying episode and wiped away the residue from her tears. "Zamarak-sae's quarters are just around this corner." She and Rainer made the turn and found a long hall. Yes his quarters were around the corner, but they were also down a long hall. "I was often told by my parents that Rulers of Sin are the most powerful and cruelest beings in all of the circles... Thus I grew up being scared of those with great power. Yet you are definitely not cruel. In fact, I am glad you are the Lord of Lust."

It was very heartwarming for Rainer to hear those words. Most demons were sources of sarcasm and a warped sense of values, which occasionally proved to be an annoying culture difference for Rainer. He rarely ever saw a demon that showed a set of genuinely frail emotions that seemed normal and humanlike.

Rainer flashed his trademark demonic smile towards Hanazae. "I'm glad to hear that. It's hard to be a Lord of Lust... In fact, I didn't even know I was supposed to be the Lord of Lust until just a single day after my eighteenth birthday six months ago. It's hard to live up to the expectations of the many capable people around here. Though I can't give up, I was chosen by that... Old bastard... For a reason."

Hanazae cocked her head to the side inquisitively, sensing a story behind the scorching words Rainer spoke. She stopped before a door which must have been Zamarak's quarters. "This is Zamarak-sae's room." The pretty servant girl curtly knocked on the door with the back of her dainty fist. "Zamarak-sae, Lord Asmodeus wishes to speak with you." Right after she said this, her eyes widened for a reason that Rainer instantly understood why.

They both heard a strange crackling noise just beyond the door. Rainer lifted his foot and kicked the door open, slamming it into the ground and ripping it from its hinges. Rainer entered the room with Hanazae by his side to find a disturbing scene.

On the ground was the demon known as Zamarak. His body was charred to a blackened husk no longer fit to call flesh. There was no doubt that Zamarak was dead, though it was still painful to see. Before either of the two could look up, a blinding flash appeared before the two of them.

Rainer, sensing animosity, brought his arms up and used the vast magical power inside his body to block the danger. He felt pure light wrap around him, burning his body, acting as a sort of poison and destroying his body. However, Rainer was strong. He is a Lord of Lust, therefore a weak attack like this could never kill him, merely disorient. Actually, because of the lack of danger he felt, he lacked to think about protecting Hanazae besides him.

Frantically, Rainer slashed his arms down and dispersed the light before turning to the demure maid demon.

Like with Zamarak, Hanazae turned into a burnt husk. She was no longer alive and had passed on. The pure light that entered the scene earlier must have fully impacted Hanazae's body, bringing on intense pain greater than any in the world. For the succubus, it was excruciating; it felt like an eternity that the light touched her body. She wanted to call for Rainer and yearn for him to stop the pain and save her. She was denied that mercy and fell to the pure light all demons called poison.

"HANAZAE!" Rainer cried out, trying to lift Hanazae's body up. However, her body turned into charcoal with a thick stench of burnt flesh. He stifled the vomit that traveled up his body and focused every fiber of his being at the being that originally sent the light towards them.

She was beautiful.

She was pure.

She was virtuous.

She was an angel.

Finding the strength to not hurl himself into battle, Rainer asked, "Who... Are you?"

The female angel blinked, staring down at Rainer. "I am the Inquisitor of Castitas, Ramiel."

Name pronunciations:

Azail: Ah-Zay-ill

Alizae: Ah-Lee-Zay

Sitri: See-Tree

Risoi: Ree-Soy

Nieve: Nee-Ev

Staia: Sty-Uh

Were there any others you are unsure to pronounce? Say so and I'll show how in the next chapter.