The Lost World Ch. 06

Story Info
Preparing for war is akin to preparing to die.
9.9k words
4.7
10.7k
19

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/08/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
912 Followers

Author's note: I'm sorry that it took such a long time for me to post another chapter to my story. I have several reasons for this. The first is that I accidentally deleted my notes on the story so there may be some inconsistencies with the previous chapters, I was careful but I may have missed something. The second was that I joined the US Air Force as a trainee. The third reason is that partway through my training, I was sent to the hospital in San Antonio and diagnosed with both autoimmune hepatitis and advanced cirrhosis of the liver. Eventually I am going to need a liver transplant if I hope to well... Live. I'm immortal like these fucking bastards in my story... No, don't be jealous now. Well, the third reason is that I, in the last two weeks have been working on both this chapter and a completely separate non-erotic novel which I hope to complete someday. In any case, I won't be consistent with my chapters, I'll be going to the hospital too much for that. But thank you for any support you've sent or will send my way in both for the story and my quest to find a healthy liver. (No I didn't get cirrhosis from alcohol)

*****

The Lost World Ch. 6

Seven rulers from seven different circles were relaxing each in their own special way in a closed off room. Only the seven were allowed in this room, not even their most trusted retainers were allowed to hear a single word or go within ten meters of the room.

"If you're going to be here, at least pay fucking attention damn Envy bastard!" This rather impatient voice erupted from none other than Abaddon, the Warmaster of Wrath. A maniac obsessed with battle and hunting, who also proved to be quite honorable due to his previous altercations with another one of his fellow rulers.

Belial, the Emperor of Envy, apathetically was concentrated preoccupied with filing his fingernails with a serrated knife he produced from thin air. He rolled his head ninety degrees to the Warmaster and flashed a half-lidded expression before returning to his current task. "I'm listening, don't you worry your fool head."

"Then follow these four syllables: PAR-TI-CI-PATE!"

Belial sighed and flipped the knife in his hand before catching it on the blade edge. He then casually tossed the blade behind his back where the knife then fell into a black hole bent into reality in thin air. The hole closed up as if nothing had happened. This was in fact a type of magic that allowed the storage of items.

"Oh very well then, where are we now?"

"So you weren't paying attention, how am I not surprised?" This set of words belonged to Ifrit, the Princess of Pride. She was, of course, a prideful and domineering woman who was also surprisingly caring for her children.

Belial snorted and rested his head on his hands behind him. "Queen cunt over here seems to have gotten her panties all ruffled."

Out of nowhere, purple flame in the form of an arrow was conjured and hurled towards Belial. In response, Belial stretched out his arms and spread them wide, opening a large black hole with pure darkness emanating forth. Tendrils of darkness spread out like an octopus and swallowed the flame arrow whole, bringing it into the tangible pit.

"Seriously?! We just got finished with one duel, let's not bring about another one, it's so damn tedious!" The one complaining was named Rainer, the Lord of Lust. The youngest of the rulers present and the possessor of most powerful known magical artifact simply called the Grimoire.

"He started it-" Ifrit yelled while wildly pointing at Belial with sparks coming out of her pointer finger.

"Seriously, you're a Ruler of Sin, the Princess of Pride. Do you really think someone of your venerable stature should waste her magic on someone who's so obviously trying to antagonize you?" Rainer effectively used Belial's pointless motive and Ifrit's weakness to flattery to defuse the situation.

Ifrit harrumphed and crossed her arms while returning to her original position. Belial on the other hand laughed with a bemused expression as if he didn't care how the situation could have progressed.

There were three other rulers who didn't participate in the confrontation. The Governor of Greed, Ennariel, who cleanly personified the business part of Greed. There was the General of Gluttony, Dagon, who voraciously consumed enough alcohol that could threaten the lives of a thousand drunkards. And finally the Shah of Sloth, Justinian, the oldest of the current Rulers who still looked quite young due to his immortality.

"If you are all finished, we have a strategy to plan." Said Ennariel with a grim smile.

Yes, this was a meeting to plan an overall strategy to deal with their sordid enemies of Heaven: Angels. However, angels were not the only threat. Like demons had the support of various and powerful humanoid species, the angels had their own "minions" so to speak. The various religions that followed the solitary god, most notably Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and their various sects all had skilled members that knew about the existence of angels and demons. Of course each of these humans were willing to fight on the angel's behalf, though they still had their differences in their religions to deal with and were often unruly.

Humans, after all, were easily susceptible to the demonic Seven Sins.

The seven Rulers of Sin, aside from Belial and Justinian all crowded around the table in the center of the room. On the table was a large map filled to the brim with diagrams of the various explored realms and worlds from Heaven and Hell to Earth and the Circles of Sin. There were also the worlds of pagan gods on the map, but right now they were irrelevant and their portions of the map were darkened.

The portals, both large and small, were highlighted in a blue light. In all worlds, these portals held important strategic value due to them being the only way to traverse the realms unless you were blessed at birth with a rare magic to teleport between worlds (though it wasn't easy).

"The average demon is weaker than the average angel, but that doesn't mean our armies are weaker than any angelic army." Ennariel began the war conference with a summation of the two opposing forces. "It's a simple equation of quantity over quality. How can we use numbers to our advantage? There are a variety of ways. Swarm tactics, encirclement, waves, martyrdom, and so on."

Rainer imagined these various tactics and their results, all of them sacrificing numerous demonic lives. They all seemed rather useless in practice, but Rainier had never been in a legitimate war. The rebellion he fought against in the past began and ended in a single siege and Rainier didn't get to actively take a part in the battle strategy due to his lack of knowledge about warfare and the sieging portion.

And in this case it was not a single battle, but an entire war.

"Each of the previous wards resulted in us furiously defending our Circles of Sin or fighting it out on the outlying worlds. Demons even fought in hell and purgatory, but not once have we as a race brought the angels on the defensive."

"They are damn powerful, I can respect that much. I don't like losing though, those last three wars I was in were humiliating." Abaddon frowned with crossed arms. His muscles tensed, bristling at the thought of his race losing against the angels.

Each of the four previous wars resulted in the demons loss to varying degrees of a partial loss to the recent fourth war complete loss. Yet in the end, demons never gave up in their passion, in their Sinful ways. It was in their nature, and it was the angel's nature to bring balance to human lives with Virtue.

"Yes, and I would feel bad if we allowed our most recent addition to the Rulers of Sin participate in a losing war. Besides, I intend to win this one and acquire the great resource of human souls." Ennariel grinned widely like the lazy Cheshire Cat.

Rainer frowned in his mind. He was originally human, not a demon. So he wasn't sure about how he felt about using his former race as cattle for cultivating human souls. His mind was greatly changed since he was human, but it was within the realm of his own feelings. Basically, it was as if the darker thoughts of Rainer as a human came out more often now that he is a demon.

"And how do you propose we win a war against angels? Realistically speaking we have equal strength in our forces, yet we have never won." Queried Ifrit.

"My turn to speak! FINALLY!" Roared Dagon, putting away his flask of what was presumably a strong alcohol (scotch this time around). "I have discreetly infiltrated the human world with my own forces. Though... Um..." Dagon scratched his with a pained yet flippant gesture. "They aren't really following my commands anymore."

Ennariel frowned with a hand clutching his forehead as if in pain. "Just what are you saying now?"

"I dispatched a group of special forces under the lead of a high ranked demon named and titled 'Ripper'. They infiltrated the human world using a portal formed by a demon worshipping cult. However upon entry, Ripper immediately closed the portal and ceased all communications. And knowing his personality, he has most likely turned renegade with his annoyingly loyal troops so he can feast as much as he likes on human souls."

Everyone in the room stared at Dagon in silence, each with a different expression on their face. Ennariel seemed weary, Rainer had a half open mouth as he wasn't sure how to react, Justinian was gently hitting his head with his book, Ifrit stared at Dagon with disdain, Belial seemed amused again, and lastly Abaddon nodded his head as if commending this Ripper character for his initiative.

"Well then, I wonder how the angels will respond? Nevertheless, this means we need to speed our actions up. Rainer, since you are quite new in being a Ruler of Sin, I would like to ask how well versed are you in leading an army of great magnitude?"

"Not well." Rainer had never really commanded an army so to speak. Sure he had given various basic orders to the troops in vast army of his Land of Lust, but that was about it.

"Eh, good enough." Ennariel casually brushed aside the inexperience of Rainer and continued on.

'Wait, is that a good thing?'

"We should also decide on a marshal for our forces to give out general orders, I will submit myself for this position unless anyone else wishes?"

Ennariel seemed like a calm and smart person, Rainer himself didn't personally care who took the position of marshal, as he fully understood he would not be a good choice for that matter.

"Hmph, do you really expect me to yield to your commands once again? The last war, some four hundred years back we were utterly defeated. Yes, our resistance was well played and we slew the lives many angels, but in the end it was an atrocious defeat that... I REFUSE TO SEE AGAIN!" Roared Abaddon as he slammed his fists down on the table holding the astral map.

"So you intend to be our marshal this time around?"

"I am not called the Warmaster of Wrath for no reason. I am menace in the battlefield on and off the map. I will DESTROY THESE DAMNED ANGELS... I will see their wings burned to ash and their halos shattered like glass."

Rainer was surprised at Abaddon's ferocity regarding the angels. He thought about the few angels he had met. Excluding Aureal before she became a fallen angel, Rainer had personally met and interacted with a total of three full angels. And each of them Rainer had fought. He didn't have a good impression of angels so far, especially when he remembered Aureal's past. Angels could be just as selfish and awful as humans, of course that didn't mean all angels were like that.

"Well I suppose I could give up my position as marshal if you give me something in return." Ennariel narrowed his eyes and licked his lips incredibly quickly.

"Whatever, I don't care. Take what you want." Abaddon dismissed Ennariel's smirk with the wave of his muscled arm.

The Governor of Greed wrote several sentences on a sheet of paper. He then flung the sheet of paper, dyed a mild yellow, out the window where it folded into the form of a raptor and took flight. "My servant, Zelti, will take care of the arrangement. Now how shall we do battle, Abaddon?"

The Warmaster of Wrath stood in front of the astral map and spun it around a few times.

An astral map, is essentially a 3D map that visualizes the "distance" between various worlds and realms. In some worlds and realms, the laws of physics may take a radical turn. The human world, heaven, and the Circles of Sin were fairly similar in those terms and were often called core realms. Hell, or Hades if one wished to call it that, was a different realm with a vastly different set of realities. Purgatory and Limbo were even worse, their forms of physics and reality were completely randomized and could shift at any moment in any place in those realms. The worlds of various pagan pantheons were somewhat similar to the core realms, but some worlds were partially different.

Rainier learned all this and that the way territory worked. Demons like him commanded the Circles of Sin, Hell, and a few worlds of pagan pantheons. Though on Hades a clan of demons called Devils ran the afterlife and judged the years a soul must serve until freed and were completely neutral to the demon and angel conflict. The other worlds demons held were joint ruled by the Rulers of Sin, three worlds in total. The largest one known as Babel, which once belonged to a long forgotten pantheon of Sumerian descent. It is divided between Pride, Greed, and Wrath. The next largest, belonging to all the various deities and spirits of Native Americans, were divided between Envy and Sloth, it was known as Xibalba. And the last world, divided between Lust and Gluttony, was called Naraka. The last world was somewhat special in that the previous Lord of Lust and a General of Gluttony a long time ago agreed to let the pagan gods continue ruling it as vassals and provide tribute, these pantheons are composed of deities from Japanese and Hindu mythology (the latter were allowed to live on the world by the latter after being chased off by angels centuries ago). The Hindu deities still held a great desire to oust the angels from their lofty position and were fierce warriors. As for the many worlds and realms beyond... Well, Rainer didn't attempt to learn about them yet, they were either too far out of reach to be controlled by Angels or Demons, already controlled by Angels, or simply in control of powers that could threaten both Angelic and Demonic kind. Rainer was surprised to know that there existed powerful societies equal or greater in power of that belonging to Angels and Demons out in the mass expanse of nothingness otherwise known as Nihil.

"Earth is obviously our main objective. The sheer value and power human souls give us override any other benefit the other worlds we own give us." Abaddon spoke with an impressive and verbose authoritan voice. "Even so, we cannot ignore the tactical advantage the other worlds we and the angels govern. Thus I believe we should split into four groups. We will concentrate the forces between six Rulers of Sin into three teams with the seventh doing what he can to undermine angelic authority on Earth."

"Hm, that sounds most suited towards me. Sign me up." Justinian finally spoke up for the first time in a while. He clasped shut the book he was reading and lifted up his hat.

"I was thinking the same. You may be a lazy sack of shit, but you do well in covert operations." As for the other three teams, I propose a rush invasion of two angel controlled worlds with the third team defending our currently owned worlds. If they fall, the angels will be able to directly teleport much larger portions of their army than simple strike forces into our circles."

"Speaking as the youngest and obviously least knowledgeable about these sorts of conflicts, I'll do whatever." Rainer interjected with a lazy attitude. He merely felt this entire scenario was troublesome.

However, he was not going to leave alone the uncontrollable violence both angels and demons would wreak on all forms of life whether they be virtuous or sinful.

"Oh jeez, you're sounding just like me." Justinian said with a bit of a laugh at the end, he seemed greatly amused by something which Rainer couldn't understand.

"I, the Warmaster of Wrath, would be fine by myself. However, the angels are tenacious and crafty. I do not plan to underestimate this them this time around. Thus I will attack the Angel held world of Olympia along with... What the hell, you'll be with me Ifrit."

Ifrit clapped her hands in mock delight, emitting sparks of multicolored flames from her hands. "I can't wait to see how the wings of angels taste when I burn them to a fried crisp!"

Rainer held a half lidded smile as his left eye twitched. "The heck?" He muttered under his breath.

"Belial and Ennariel... I hate you guys even more than Justinian... Though not nearly as much as the previous Lord of Lust, so you two go defend our worlds. That oughta be fun for the two of you. Heh." Abaddon grinned maliciously as he flipped his gun, Strife, around in his fingers.

"..."

"I know I made sure you became our Marshal... But come on, some jokes aren't funny. Oh fuck it, I'll be making sure to make extra money on the tariffs in trade between our Circles of Sin."

Both Ennariel and Belial made visible signs of grief and annoyance.

"And so that leaves Dagon and Rainer to attack the Angel world of Hyperborea."

"ME AND RAINER! Well, we'll get along nicely, eh?" Dagon, as boisterous as always, released an equally loud roar as he spoke.

Now both of Rainer's eyes began twitching along the dry smile he was attempting to form. "Ri-ight..."

Why did I ever become a damn Lord of Lust in the first place? Should've let Arazra take over...

"So we'll be taking the initiative in battle? What fun! I haven't been in a war with you in years Rain Rain!" The glamorous Asmodea pushed Rainer's head down into the comfortable valley of her breasts, as if she was attempting to smother him.

"Uh yea, we'll be attacking Hyperborea with Dagon in a blitz, zerg rush, gaining the momentum, the charging ahead sort of thing." Rainer explained the basics of Abaddon's initial plans. After deciding the groups formed, he then explained what Abaddon intended for the demons to do after taking over the first two Angelic worlds.

"Hm, so it will be up to you and Dagon to devise invasion plans on your own?" Asked Nerissa as she attempted to pull Rainer into her own chest despite the near vice like grip of Asmodea preventing him from moving a single centimeter. "Stop hogging dear husband!"

"Yup. Thus I'll be relying on you, Aureal for informing me on the general layout and best staging grounds for the invasion. Things like defenses and anything else of importance would be nice too." Rainer pried both the arms of Asmodea and Nerissa away from him with his even stronger hands as he lifted himself up.

"Of course, Master. My mind as well as my body has always been yours." Aureal bowed slightly at the table where everyone sat.

Rainer and company were all back home in the Land of Lust inside the palace. They had just finished devouring their dinner after arriving back from the Gardens of Greed.

The only ones not present were Zazie and Caetorum who were both currently acting as envoys for Rainer in the Grounds of Gluttony where Dagon resided. Both Rulers of Sin needed time to marshal their forces before the day of the invasion began.

"Hm, allow me to go with the forces of the Sands of Sloth to Earth, Rainer. I believe there's something I can do over there to gather great strength to use in power." Lauren smirked while pushing up her glasses.

TheTask
TheTask
912 Followers