The Mouse Trap

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Really? And what if I informed your husband, my boss I might add, about last weekend?"

"Wow! I didn't think you thought so little of me or my feelings. I guess you win then. Would you like to take me here in my office? How about right here on my desk?" Eva waived her arms across the desk in gesture.

A somewhat stunned but very turned on Braxton started nodding his head.

"You stupid fool. You'll never have me again, much less in my own office. Who do you think you are? Please go right ahead and tell Martin whatever you'd like. It's your word against mine and I can tell you who Martin will believe." Eva said it with determination, but felt shaky at her own words.

"Well then, I guess we'll just see." Braxton hissed as he got up to walk towards the door.

Eva never one to back down from a confrontation said conspiratorially, "Braxton, before you go, consider that our entire affair was recorded. A little Photoshop magic, and it could easily look like you forced yourself on me, practically raping me, especially that first night. Surely, you recall me yelling at you to stop. How would that look on your resume'?"

"You bitch." Braxton yelled at her from across the room.

"I am. And I'll own it. But we're done and so are you. I'd suggest looking for your next assignment and exit the firm peacefully if you know what's good for you." Eva had turned her attention to papers on her desk dismissing Braxton. Gina quietly hung up the phone hearing everything that was said.

Braxton slammed the door to Eva's office startling Gina who immediately was on the phone to Eva.

"Eva, is everything all right? Should I call security?"

"No Gina, everything's fine. Just a little misunderstanding about the direction the company is taking. Nothing to worry about. But thank you for your concern. Braxton...Mr. Peringrine was...disappointed in the outcome."

"If you're sure everything is Okay...Can I get you anything? A cup of tea perhaps?"

"Actually that would be great. Thanks Gina. You're the best."

Gina went to prepare Eva's tea. She had confirmed everything she thought was happening. She also knew, Braxton was history. Should she break her confidence with Eva and alert Martin? She was torn in her allegiance to her boss and her decency towards her husband and the right thing to do.

"Braxton tore out of here like he sat on spikes Eva," Gina said while placing her tea on a coaster in Eva's office.

"Just a little misunderstanding as I said. Nothing to be alarmed about. It was unfortunate, but it was time. I think Mr. Peringrine will likely seek employment elsewhere."

"Wow! I had no idea you knew all the details of what went on even in finance downstairs, Eva. I'm impressed. But why didn't Martin handle it?"

Eva was starting to get a little annoyed at Gina and her questions. This was her company, and everyone worked for her. And while she didn't owe her an explanation, it might be better to try and appease Gina rather than shut her down in this situation. "Well, sometimes, when suggestions are provided and not heeded, it's best to 'nip them in the bud' right away, which is what I was doing. I saw a situation developing and I decided to take action."

Gina persisted, "You mean Martin told him what to do and he didn't do it?"

Eva sipped her tea slowly. "Gina, thanks for the tea. I have some photo shoots to review. Please send in Michelle at 11 sharp if you would please. Thanks." Gina was dismissed as was Eva's typical approach when the discussion was over. It didn't sit well with Gina. She exited Eva's office gracefully, but burning inside. How dare this woman treat a good man like Martin like she did? It just wasn't fair.

Once back at her desk, Gina called Martin. "Hello Martin, it's Gina," she said in a whisper, although no one could hear her, "Could you meet me for lunch at 12:30? I need to talk to you. It's extremely important."

"Ahh sure Gina, how about Tres Amigos down on third? 12:30 you said?"

"Yes. Thanks Martin. I'm sorry for the short notice, but we need to talk."

"No worries Gina, I'll see you at 12:30."

+++

Martin was already seated at a booth in the back. He motioned Gina over when she came in the door. The waitress appeared as soon as Gina took her seat. They both ordered quickly from the short lunch menu and easily decided to share a chicken Fajita for two.

Martin was curious. Once the waitress was gone, he asked, "Gina, tell me, what's so important we needed to have lunch to discuss?"

Gina took a sip of her iced tea and looked at Martin. He was handsome. But he was also married, Gina reminded herself. But maybe after she told him what she knew, he would be seeking a divorce.

"You'll probably think less of me after I tell you, but I think too highly of you, not to tell you."

Martin was now surprised and on alert. "Gina, you've been loyal to Sachet forever, longer than I have in fact. I've always thought you had the best interests of the company front and center. I could never think less of you than the very professional woman you are."

That settled Gina a little. She centered herself and began her summary of the morning meeting with Braxton Peringrine. "Martin, I think Eva is having or had an affair with Braxton Peringrine. This morning I overhead a conversation between them where it sounded like Eva was breaking it off with him. She said since you had returned from China, she couldn't take the chance you'd find out."

Martin was stunned. His worst thoughts and feared were now confirmed. He took a large drink from his iced tea saying nothing, with his eyes unfocused looking down at the table.

Gina was astounded he wasn't showing more emotion. Then a thought crossed her mind. Maybe he already knew.

Their lunch dish appeared at their table before Martin had a chance to reply. He was grateful for the interruption. The waitress left. The only noise breaking the silence was the sizzling chicken fajita for two in its cast iron skillet on the table between them.

Martin looked Gina directly in the eyes when he spoke, "Thank you."

"Martin what is wrong with you? Why are you thanking me? I just told you your wife is having an affair. That is not what I thought you would say at all. Why aren't you angry, ready to kill the messenger, or your wife or even Braxton?" Gina's voice was rising with each question.

"Gina, how long have you worked for Sachet?" Martin asked nonplussed.

"I just had my ten year anniversary in December. Why?" An agitated Gina replied, but lowered her voice slightly to match Martin.

"Bear with me here. I think all will be clear shortly. How long have you worked for Eva?"

"Ten years. I've always worked for Eva. Where is this headed? I just told you, your wife is having an affair and you're asking me how long I've worked here. I don't get it."

"In all the years, you've worked for Eva, has she had her share of younger men come and go as her whims dictate?"

"Yes." Gina replied, still very confused.

"So what seems to be different with Mr. Peringrine?"

"You mean to tell me you're Okay with Eva having younger men as lovers? Sorry, I guess I just never thought you were like that. I've clearly overstepped my bounds. It won't happen again."

"No Gina, that's where you're wrong. You haven't overstepped your bounds, and I would never allow Eva to have a lover. What's different now?" Martin prodded.

"You're married. It's just not right."

"Exactly. That's the difference. I am married to the slut that will not stop letting men into her bed it seems. And for the record, I am not Okay with Eva having a lover. Period. And she knows that. That's why she cut him loose today and nearly tried to kill me this past weekend with sex."

"That's probably more than I need to know, but I think I understand your point. You think she's feeling guilty?"

"I know she is. And she's also feeling vulnerable." Martin replied evenly.

"So what are you going to do?"

"For the rest of the afternoon? Nothing. I'm going to do nothing out of character, remain in my office and come up with a plan to extricate myself from a very uncomfortable marriage."

"How can you be so calm Martin? Seriously. I had a boyfriend a year or so ago that did something similar, and while I won't pretend to know how you feel since you're married, I was devastated. I spent the entire weekend eating Starbucks ice cream and drinking White Russians to drown my sorrows."

"Gina, I knew Eva before we got married. I mean, I knew about her lifestyle. I can't pretend to really know her. She had convinced me she had changed, but I still had my doubts. She told me that was all in the past, and she was ready to settle down with one man. She said that one man was me. I believed her. I decided to trust her. She's a chameleon. She can change her spots to suit the environment."

Martin continued, "Gina, I know you've broken ranks and privileges above and beyond today by telling me about this. For that, I will forever be in your debt. I'm going to share something with you, but I need your complete confidence that you will never share what I'm about to tell you with anyone, not even Eva. Can you keep this between us?"

"Of course. That goes without saying." Gina blanched a little, then stared off as if thinking, "But I guess I betrayed Eva's trust by telling you her secrets today, so I suppose I understand why you're asking."

"Gina, I may not have been a good judge of character with Eva, but I know I can trust you. I had cameras installed at our house while Eva was on her promotion tour."

A shocked Gina replied, "Why?"

"I suspected Eva might be having or considering having an affair. All the signs were there. Then when her tour was over and she sent me to China for a couple of weeks, I was almost positive. The cameras would provide the evidence to confront her if she was having an affair."

"What happened? I have to believe Braxton was in the picture by then. Didn't the cameras show what you thought was happening? You must have already known everything I told you today."

"I would have thought so as well." A somber Martin replied. "But somehow Eva must have discovered the cameras and had technology installed in the house to somehow disable the equipment when she wanted to conduct her affairs in private."

"So that line she gave Braxton today about having cameras, wasn't just her puffing her chest out? She had known the cameras existed, but purposely blocked them from working? What a devious bitch. Sorry no offense. I had no idea. Do you think she actually recorded anything? I mean, if you couldn't see her that's one thing, but maybe she really did have the feeds directed elsewhere instead of just blocking them."

"You know you're brilliant Gina. I never thought of that. It's very subtle, but maybe there's some truth to what she said. I don't understand all the technology behind it, but I suppose it's possible. I'm going to call my security company back and have them take a closer look at those boxes. I was just so pissed to find out she knew about the cameras and installed technology to block them I never thought about other possibilities. Thank you."

"Martin, I'm running late. And I don't understand any of this. I need to get back. But I think you've opened my eyes to things about Eva, I never even suspected. I can't believe the depths she went, to deceive you. I'm not the most righteous person in the world, but I can't stand to sit by and let a perfectly decent person like you be taken advantage of by Eva. You're just too good a person. I'll keep our conversation today with me to the grave."

Gina got up and left quickly. Martin stayed, had another glass of iced tea and paid the tab. He was slow to get back to the office. He had apparently lost Eva to another of her young toys even if she had broken it off with him. She would always think she had the upper hand and could get away with it. She might take a break for a while to ensure he wasn't suspicious, but he was very sure she'd go right back to the old Eva once things were back on an even keel. Defeating the cameras to hide her affair was proof of that fact.

Martin listened to his voicemail back at the office. Eva informed him, that Braxton Peringrine was no longer working for Sachet, and he should prepare his exit package with HR's help. No reason given. Martin would have to invent one, which shouldn't be too hard given the circumstances. He had fucked his wife. There had to be a block on the form to check, fucking the bosses wife he thought. At 5 he called Braxton into his office.

"Braxton, it's come to my attention that you've been falsifying company expense reports. I'm afraid we have a zero tolerance policy for employee theft. As of this moment, you're employment has been terminated. Please pack your personal belongings and exit the premises. You have 10 minutes. Security is outside to ensure you only take your personal effects."

"You stupid cuckold. You're only doing what your wife told you to do," Braxton said.

"Excuse me?" Martin replied without anger, merely questioning his last statement.

"You heard me loud and clear you stupid cuckold. I fucked your wife and now you're firing me to get me out of your shitty marriage."

"You're right. I'm am doing what my wife told me to do. I'm firing you. She is my boss. Thank you for confirming you fucked Eva. I sure hope it was worth it." Martin replied again without emotion.

"You are a worthless pansy. You know that? I took your wife to places you could only dream about and she came back for more. What does that say about you as a man?" Braxton, was shooting all his guns now, but he felt very powerful, like he still had Eva. He thought their little conversation earlier was nothing more than Eva putting him in his place for abusing her poor pussy last weekend.

"That may be true Braxton. We'll never know I guess. But what I know is that you are being terminated with extreme prejudice, which comes with no recommendations and a bias towards never being hired in your field for the rest of your career due to the nature of expense embezzlement. Never good to have someone in accounting charged with a financial crime against a corporation. Doesn't tend to sit well with auditors and all."

"Is that all you have? Some trumped up charge of expense fraud?" Braxton fired back, but without heat.

"Well that and you just admitted to sexual relations with the senior board member, who happens to be my wife, yes. I guess that's all I have. But I think that's enough, don't you?"

"Don't you give a shit about your wife you asshole?"

"Why no, not particularly. Do you? Oh sorry, you thought, you were a huge stud in taking her away from me? I guess I misunderstood all your ranting back there. You thought you were taking a prize—my prize—away from me?" Martin glibly retorted.

"So you mean to tell me you're not pissed at your wife and me about our affair? And that I can fuck her better than you can? You really are a cuckold." Braxton was losing steam.

"No I'm not pissed at all. Relieved really. If you want, you can have Eva anytime you want. She was never really mine to begin with it seems. I was only renting her. You want her, please feel free to call her anytime. She's all yours. Besides, she's had tons of studs as you call yourself. Quite frankly, you're just another notch in her bedpost. I'm sure, she's already forgotten all about you and is seeking her next conquest. Isn't that about what she told you this morning? She may be beautiful, but her maintenance costs are too much for my budget."

At this point, most of the wind was out Braxton's sails. He figured he could goad Martin into a fist fight which he knew he would win hands down. What swimmer boy ever bested him in college as a wrestler? No one even tried.

"I'll just clean out my desk."

"Braxton, one last piece of advice, you might want to get yourself tested. I never ride bareback. Now get out of my office you piece of scum." Martin said with some venom, even though he knew Eva was likely clean as a whistle. He had another surprise for Braxton.

Braxton gathered up his things and left the building quietly but still fuming inwardly. When he was about 20 yards from his car, he dug in his pocket to retrieve his car key to open the car. When he pressed the fob, his car exploded into a huge fireball. The car rocked off the ground five feet before settling back to burn with intense heat. Even the car tires were on fire. If he had been a few feet closer, he realized, he would have been killed instantly. He had to concede perhaps he had fucked the wrong woman and pissed off a very powerful enemy in her husband.

+++

The weekend was cool between Eva and Martin. She was able to set aside Braxton's misfortune with his car as bad luck. Martin was not himself. She had tried to approach him, without luck on Saturday. Martin remained frigid throughout Sunday. Eva knew something was wrong and suspected she knew what it was. She chose not to bother the beehive. Perhaps if Marty got it out of his system, things could return to normal. She believed Braxton made good on his promise and told Martin all about their affair. If Marty wouldn't open to her, she had to assume he knew.

Braxton wasn't going to run scared from Martin Terry. He knew Eva would want him back in her bed before too long. He reminisced all weekend long about Eva. He wanted her more than any woman he had ever been with. He couldn't understand it. There was something about unobtainable, that he sought. Yes, she was married to her shit for brains husband, but it didn't seem to matter to him. She wanted to be conquered. She wanted to surrender to his will.

He could care less about his two year old Honda. The fire department had fun putting the car out of its misery. The insurance would buy him a new car. The police did a cursory investigation but turned up nothing substantial except some burned wires that arced together close to the fuel pump as the likely source of the explosion.

Martin planned. He plodded. That's what he'd always done. He was going to inflict maximum damage on Eva and her boy toy. He was going to take the company while making Gina the new face of Sachet Fragrances. The simple mouse trap would be his savior. The simple mouse trap would save his future. But, it would also save his sanity.

His best laid plans of high priced cameras were futile. But he now knew Eva would never stay true to their marriage if given time. Martin had time. He worked himself into a frenzy at work. Week after week, he worked until he could barely work anymore. Eva was like a sycophant clinging to him. Yet he remained steadfast and only muttered common courtesies to her. He showed her no affection or emotion. He was starting to weaken. Eva was so beautiful. It took every ounce of strength he could muster to treat her less than human for the six long weeks until she finally succumbed to her own desires for affection.

Just after six weeks into Eva's silent sentence, she stumbled. She called Braxton. The conversation was brief. "Meet me at my house at six. Don't be late. I need to see you." She hung up the call after she finished speaking. Braxton smiled his wolfish smile. He had plenty of time to shower, shave and be at Eva's on time.

When he arrived, all the lights in the house were out. He wondered briefly, if anyone was home. He strode to the front door and rang the bell with confidence. Eva answered only a moment later flicking her key fob to jam the cameras, and quickly ushered him in while closing the door. "Martin is at a conference in Jacksonville, he won't be back until tomorrow, but you're leaving as soon as I'm satisfied. Now get your ass back to the bedroom and strip." There was no explanation, no flirting, nothing.