The Royal Hotel Pt. 4

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Loverman
Loverman
9 Followers

I resumed my account, ," it turns out that the Castalonos were very much involved with the Royal Hotel. The main man was a Castalono capo by the name of Smiley Danafio. "

At the mention of the names, The Don sat up in his chair.

With a wave of his hand, the Don indicated that we should listen, "I know that name and I know who these people are. Back when your grandfather was alive, we were having a bloody war with the Castalono's. Those sons of bitches were trying to muscle in on are territory. The whole thing got out of hand. Christ almighty, there even was some guy on the radio who was broadcasting the events as if it was a blow by blow prize fight. Some of the guys wanted to wack the loud mouth, but cooler heads prevailed. Instead, we decided to send him a message by blowing up one of his cars. After that, we became old news. Anyway, you don't know this, but your grandfather was gunned down by Smiley Danafio. It came down to me to settle the score. I decided that we needed to make an example of this guy. This smiley character was some kind of a woman's man, so I decided that I would cut off his cock and balls and feed them to him. We figured out that he was running a whore house in Harlem. Then, we waited outside of the whore house in Harlem where he worked. One night after midnight, we spotted his car. While he went into the house, we snatched his driver, and we switched him with one of our guys. The cocky son of a bitch came out of the house and got back into his car without even noticing the switch. We took that cock sucker for the ride of his life. I will spare you the details, but they found the naked bastard in the back of his limo. Needless to say, I had rearranged some of his personal parts."

The Don took a sip of his wine and indicated that he needed a moment to gather his thoughts.

"After that the Castalono's decided that it was too much trouble to try to push us around."

The Don had a haunted look on his face as he remembered.

"I got that son of a bitch.," the Don muttered.

"Young lady, why don't you take a walk and enjoy the nice flowers."

The Don indicated that he wanted to talk to me in private. Taking the hint, Beverly got up from the table and walked away to explore the rest of the garden.

The Don said, "She is a smart one, isn't she? Ah and she is pretty too. Well, Nick I see that you have figured it all out. I understand now why you have come to see me. Now, I tell you this. From this moment on what we discuss must be kept in the strictest confidence. Nick you are a smart boy and you know what I mean. "

As the Don spoke, I nodded my agreement. This was it. We were about to discuss the fate of the men who were involved with my father's murder.

The Don began to speak again, "Your grandfather was a very close friend of mine. When he was killed, I grieved deeply. This was the reason why I volunteered to do the job on that Smiley character. Now it has come back to haunt us again. This I promise Nick. We will avenge your father's murder. This time I personally will make sure that this matter will be taken care of in the most final way. This time, this matter will never haunt us ever again."

The conversation turned to the most serious matters.

The Don asked, "Who are the men who are responsible for your father's murder? What are their names?"

I responded, "Paul Castalono was the trigger man. Also, there are a couple of guys Named Abraham Gordon and Joseph Horiwitze. They are the current owners of Sirocco Holdings. They are a couple of lawyers who have been blackmailing a group of well to do socialites. Some of these people who are being blackmailed live right here on Long Island. The blackmail Started with an old hotel called The Royal. It was because of the blackmail that my father was killed. There is big money involved here, and my father was trying to find the money tap. He didn't realize how big this was. Those rats at Sirocco Holdings got wind of my father who was snooping around, and they hired Paul Castalono to rub him out. There is more, but this is the problem in a nut shell. "

The Don leaned back in his chair and appeared to be considering the problem.

"You are sure of this? There is no mistake?" the Don asked.

I nodded, "Yes I am certain these were the guys."

The Don said, "Well, we know what to do with this Paul Castalono, but what do you want me to do about the others? "

I replied, "I want them to disappear. I have given my word to a good friend that the blackmail would be stopped. In order to eliminate the blackmail, the holding company needs to disappear as well. This old hotel is still in business, and I thought that it would be nice if it was donated to charity. Once the hotel changes hands, this old fellow will be out of a job. There is an old black man who has been working at the hotel since he was a little boy. I would like to do something nice for him. If I can arrange some kind of a pension for him, then, it would finally be all over."

The Don spoke, "Umm, I understand. These men will be taken care of. As far as this holding company and this hotel are concerned, our lawyers will deal with them. I tell you this Now. This will be done. You have my word on it. Now Nick, ordinarily, a favor of such magnitude requires a favor in kind. However, in this case, you will not be obligated to us. This is because this matter concerns your grandfather and your father who were both good men as they served the family well. Also, in your grandfather's memory, I do this."

With the highest respect, I replied, ," thank you Don Gallabraizzy. "

With this, the visit was concluded. I gestured to Beverly, and she joined us at the table again. We said our good byes, and we thanked the Don for his hospitality.

The drive back to the train station was a pleasant one. We were going home. The day was one to be remembered. I returned the rattle trap at the little rental counter, and Beverly and I boarded the train on our way back to the city.

All the way back, I knew that Beverly was just bursting with curiosity. I knew that she wanted to know what the Don and I talked about while she walked among the flowers.

"Well, are you going to tell me?" she asked.

I replied. "No. I can't tell you exactly what the Don said, but this I can tell you. Things are about to change for some people. In the near future, the Royal Hotel will have new owners. "

The look on Beverly's face told me that she understood what I meant.

CHAPTER 22 COMING HOME:

The night was cool and breezy in Manhattan. Beverly and I decided to return to the Blue Note and to my apartment. We were both exhausted from the day's activities, so we just hit the bed and fell asleep. As I slept, I dreamed. I dreamed of trains, gangsters and gun fights. The day's stress had taken its' toll upon me. It was the first time in my life that I have ordered the death of another man.

When the Don said, "This matter will be taken care of in the most final way. ," I realized what had occurred.

I had just signed the death warrant of the men who were responsible for my father's murder.

"Baby wake up. ," I heard Beverly's voice as she whispered.

"You're having a nightmare. What is it baby?" Beverly asked.

I woke realizing that I was turning and tossing and talking in my sleep. I lay there in bed while a chill over took me. I had heard of the responsibilities of the chain of command, but it was not until this moment did I totally understand it. There were certain men who rose to positions of leadership and those who did not. The difference between the men who became leaders and the men who followed was the ability to order the death of others without being totally effected by it.

I reached for Beverly so that she could comfort me

. "You're shaking baby. What is it? I'm here baby. ," Beverly's words sounded like warm sunshine after a rain storm.

I held her in my arms, and we began to make love. This was different. This wasn't just sex, this was something more. I have never needed the warmth of another more as I did just at this time.

I felt her pull me on top as my cock rubbed her cunt.

I heard her say, "Its all right baby." Her right hand grasped my cock as she guided me into her center. I leaned into her with one full thrust, and I lay there motionlessly as she wrapped her arms and her legs around me.

Beverly purred into my ear, "Its all right baby. I'm here for you. Let yourself go into me. I'll take care of you darling."

As she showered me with warm comforting words, I began to shake. She held me tight as she drained the anxiety out of me. I lay there for a while, and then I became calm. Being in Beverly was the best medicine. Her warm kisses rained upon my face as she slowly pumped my cock.

"Come in me baby. Come for me darling. ," Beverly whispered into my ear.

My whole body began to convulse. Slowly and powerfully, I thrust myself into her. This was different. My balls snapped out my love juice as the whole of me entered her. I have never given myself to a woman like this before. We shared our bodies, and at the same time, we shared our souls. As I came for her, the most intermit bond was created between us. I rolled off her onto my back. Her kisses traveled to my cock. She kissed my cock and my balls.

"You go back to sleep now sweetness. ," Beverly whispered.

As she made love to my cock, I drifted into sleep.

The next morning, I awoke to the aroma of frying bacon and eggs. I reached to the other side of the bed to find that Beverly was already up, and she was cooking breakfast. I slipped out of bed and walked to the kitchen to see Beverly setting the table.

"Good morning good looking. " , I said in a sleepy moan.

I noticed that Beverly was totally dressed. Apparently she had been awake for some time.

I remarked, "Aren't You the early bird. Umm yummy that looks good. "

Beverly smiled as she said, "You must be hungry after all that fucking you have been doing. You know, you need your strength. "

We sat down for breakfast and enjoyed a pleasant meal. We talked about the events of the past few days, and we agreed that we had come a long way in a short time. As we concluded breakfast, Beverly explained to me that she had to return to the real world.

"I do have to work for a living. By the way, when you go back to the royal don't forget to get my luggage out of our room."

So intent was I that I never even asked her what she did for a living.

"Forgive me darling, what do you do for a living?" I asked.

Beverly tossed a serious look at me and she said, "I work for one of the world's biggest oil corporations. I specialize in international business affairs. Mostly, I work with big shots from the Middle East. You know big oil and big money. You would be amazed just how many princes and oil sheiks you meet in this business. "

I replied, "So that's how come you were able to read all that Legal mumbo jumbo in that old trust. "

Beverly looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "I told you that I was studying to become a legal secretary in school. What I didn't tell you was that the school I was studying at was Columbia University. "

There it was. She had beauty and brains. That and more. Beverly was one of those special women who are born with that fire down below.

Breakfast was concluded, and Beverly hurried on her way.

As she went out the front door she said, "You know how to get in touch with me. I left my telephone number on the night table, and you can call me whenever you have a notion. "

The next few days went by without any eventful occurrences. After a few days, I decided to go back to the Royal Hotel. I arose early and dressed in one of my favorite Italian suits. I chose a charcoal gray number, which had always caught the eye of the gals when I wore it. I was in a hurry, so I decided to drive. I fired up my classic Coop Deville, and I made my way up the West Side Highway. Once I was there I continued to snoop around. I wasn't sure of what I was looking for, but for some reason, I had a feeling that there was something still undone.

Our room remained as we had left it. Except for the maid service, everything was in its proper place. I thought perhaps that someone might have come looking for us or to search the room, but neither was the case. Still, I had the feeling that something just didn't add up. Also, I kept an eye and an ear out hoping to see or hear anything about those guys who killed my father.

Everything seemed to be humming along at the hotel as usual. I sat in my room, and I tried to think. What if there was more to this than I realized. There were the badger holes. There was the dead body in the third floor badger hole. Still, something was bothering me. There was the blackmail, but that was being taken care of by the Don. What was it that the Don was saying? He said that there was a war between the two families, and it had become public knowledge.

He said, "I got that son of a bitch. "

He was referring to Smiley Danafio. What did he call him?

"The cocky son of a bitch.," was how the Don phrased it.

I began to think. A guy like that, what would he do if a rival gang was out to get him.

It was still early in the day, and I came upon the idea. I made my way down to Baltimore's room. I knocked, and I was greeted by the kindly old man.

"Oh hello there Mister Nick."

"Can I come in? I would like to talk to you. ," I Asked.

"Sure, the lady, she is not with you?" was his reply.

"No, she had to go to take care of some business. ," I replied.

Baltimore led me to the same little table, which Beverly and I had sat at. The little room had not changed. There still was the brightly colored quilt on the bed, but this time the room seemed smaller then before.

I asked, "Have you done anything to the room since I was here last? "

He replied, "No, everything's the same. "

I began again, "Baltimore has anybody asked about me? "

His reply was, "No sir, nobody ask anything. "

Again I asked, "Baltimore, do you remember a man by the name of Danafio?"

His face lit up, "Oh my yes. He was the man who brought me here to the hotel. He was the man who gave me the job as the shoe shine boy. He was the man who gave that thing to me."

Baltimore pointed to the plaque on the wall. I gazed at the trophy plaque on the wall.

I muttered in a whisper, "To the best shoe shine boy in the world. "

I asked, "Would you mind if I took a closer look at that plaque. "

Baltimore looked at me with a curious nod, "Sure that be alright. Here I get it for you."

Baltimore removed the plaque from the wall where it had been hanging for an unknown number of years. Made of wood and covered with a shiny gold like metal, the plaque seemed lighter than you would think.

Moving out of pure instinct, I began to shake the plaque.

I wondered. My father had an uncanny sense of direction when it came to finding the money. Perhaps, it was some kind of genetic inheritance. An odd feeling told me that something just didn't add up. A smart guy like Smiley Danafio would cover his ass when the shit started to come down.

It was something that the Don said. He told me that they had taken Smiley for the ride of his life. This being the case, Mister Danafio's demise was an abrupt one. Said differently, a guy doesn't have time to go home and pack. The kind of a trip that Smiley was going on left him no time to make special arrangements.

This guy was a high positioned person in the Castalono family, which meant that he was into the big money. When you are a gangster who makes his living from illegal activities, you just can't go down to the bank and deposit your pay check. You need a place to hide the loot. I reasoned; if you were a gangster who owned a hotel, especially a hotel with a number of secret passages, wouldn't you hide the loot there?

I shook the plaque as I held it next to my ear. Baltimore must of thought that I was nuts. I shook the plaque like a kid shakes his piggy bank to see if there is a lot of money in it. I ran my fingers along it looking for a secret button or catch, but there was none. Holding the plaque right side up, I tapped the face of the plaque with my knuckle. Starting from the left upper corner, I tapped along the entire width of the plaque. As I came to the center of the plaque, I heard it. Retracing my steps, I tapped at the corner, and I tapped at the center. There was no mistaking the hollow sound.

The shiny mettle was affixed to the wood with small screws. I asked Baltimore for a screw driver. A surge of energy passed through me as I began to undo the screws. The screw was tiny in diameter, but it was long enough to hold a lid as well as a thin sheet of metal. After undoing the last screw, I held my breath as I tugged at the top of what was apparently a secret box, containing something very valuable.

Therein lay a small bundle of folded papers. As I stared at the little bundle of papers, visions of Long John Silver and Treasure Island flashed through my mind. Without even looking, I knew what was written on the papers, which were hidden in the plaque. I placed the plaque on the table before me, and I just gazed at it in wonder.

After a moment I heard Baltimore say, "Mister Nick? What is that!? "

I replied with wonder, "That is, my friend, Champaign and caviar and sun drenched beaches in the tropics. "

I reached into the secret compartment, and I extracted the little bundle of papers. I unfolded the documents, and I began to read. As hard as it was to believe, the first document was an honest to goodness real treasure map. I followed the directions on the map, and a realization gripped me. Without saying a word, I looked up at the far wall of Baltimore's room.

Baltimore asked, "Mister Nick why you looking so strange? "

As stunned as I was, I was only able to mutter some nonsense, ," have you ever read Treasure Island? "

After a couple of minutes of reflection I began to ask Baltimore, "Years ago when they built the secret passages did they do any work on your room? "

Baltimore said, "Oh yes, they worked all over the hotel. First they work on the room right above this one, and then they work on this one too."

I Asked, "Where did you stay when they did the work? "

Baltimore replied, "Oh first I stay in the room upstairs until they finish this room. Then I move back in here again."

I asked, "Baltimore, when you got back to live in this room again, was it smaller? "

Baltimore tried to remember, "That's a long time ago, but I remember. It do seem smaller. "

I asked again, "The room upstairs, is it a regular guest room? "

Baltimore replied, "No, it just be a store room full of old junk "

I asked, "The key I borrowed from you, the one, which unlocks the mop closets, does it fit that lock? "

Baltimore nodded, "I think so. You want me to go and check? "

I said, "No I'll go and check it myself. "

Not making a fuss, I placed the little bundle of papers into my Inside jacket pocket as to not cause Baltimore's attention. Then, I hurriedly replaced the cover of the plaque.

Handing the plaque to Baltimore, I said, "Baltimore, My friend, I want you to do something for me. This is very important. You must not tell anyone that I have found anything in that plaque. As far as you know, I was never here, and you have not talked about mister Danafio to me or anybody. I can't tell you why this must be, but you must trust me."

I reached for my wallet. I retrieved the torn one hundred dollar bills, which I had used for motivation while we stood in the badger hole.

I began to speak, "I promised that if you helped me that the rest of this bundle of green backs would be yours."

I handed the torn bills to him, and we shook hands.

As we shook hands Baltimore said, "Yes sir mister Nick, I understand. Nobody know nothing."

Loverman
Loverman
9 Followers