The Void Bunny

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh fuck, am I getting raided?" Kit was saying a minute later. 50,000 viewers had just entered her stream, doubling her viewership instantly.

[TheVoidBunny] You're welcome! :P

Kit laughed. Her hair, a short, vibrant green, swayed as she shook her head.

"It's my best friend, Void Bunny!" she said, grinning. "Can't wait to see you for brunch Sunday, Buns!"

[TheVoidBunny] See you then :) Happy streaming! Night all <3

I shut off the computer, took my headset off, and got up, stretching. Grabbing my Treasure Island jacket, I zipped it up and made my way out of the lavender gaming room and bounded downstairs, the salty scent of the ocean already filling my senses. I made my way to the back of the house and found that the back door was open, leading to a private beach.

The bonfire pit was blazing, providing the only heat against the cold ocean breeze. Standing there, warming his hands, was my husband, laughing at something his brother was telling him. Cooing happily in Jake's arm was his niece, her green eyes and dark hair bright from the light cast by the fire.

My eleven-month-old daughter, Kairi. Yes, Ben and I named her after a Kingdom Hearts character. We're nerds. So sue us.

Jake saw me and smiled. It filled my heart with so much warmth, seeing him engaging so fully in family time. Ben and I weren't his parents, but we never let him feel the absence of their love. As if to pay us back for it, he showed that love tenfold to our daughter. The two were as thick as thieves, practically inseparable.

"Mommy," Kairi said when she saw me. I waved and blew her a kiss before walking over to stand beside her father. Ben took my hand, the one that was glinting from the wedding ring he'd put on my finger on a bright spring afternoon three years ago.

"How'd your stream go?" he asked.

"Some cheapskate donated me a dollar."

Ben laughed. "Oh?"

I smiled brightly. "Yeah, right after I got done playing Moondusk Hollow II for six hours. It's a pretty cute game, you know."

"I didn't know," Ben said, playing along. "I heard the story was written by this nerd couple from Oceanside, California. Apparently, the wife thought that the main character should go on a second quest—this time, for love. Lame, right? I don't know how you can stand it."

I laughed, punching him on the arm. "She had to fight pretty hard to get him to add a love interest. He argued that the player was too strong and independent to need a partner, but she insisted that everyone needs someone to love. Eventually, the husband saw sense and agreed."

"I'm pretty sure the wife convinced the husband with sex. Lots and lots of sex."

"Shh, they'll hear," I said, giggling.

"Nah, look at them," Ben said, gesturing to the kids. Jake was talking animatedly to Kairi. Even though she was small and knew just a few words, no one got Jake talking like she did. They were laughing, and it was like nothing else in the world existed outside of their friendship.

I loved them so much.

"Walk with me," I said, gesturing to the beach. Ben put an arm around me, and we walked onto the sand. Our feet were bare, as they always were when we were home, and so the walk to the ocean was a cool one. The sand was cold to the touch, and the ocean even colder—freezing, actually. I breathed in the fresh air, sighing as the water licked at my ankles.

"You know, I don't think about Mark Amiryan anymore," I said with a soft smile. "I had this big hole in my heart, and it got patched up by this nerd, his kid brother, and a little girl who knows more bad words than she should at her age."

Ben laughed. "I'm trying so hard not to curse around her," he said defensively.

"And failing," I said.

His expression softened. "You really don't think about your dad anymore?"

"No," I said, turning to my husband. "But I still wonder how I got so lucky to be with someone who actually sticks around. How can you stand me, Ben? I'm dorky and weird and moody and—"

"You're none of those things. And besides, you're forgetting something," Ben said.

"What's that?"

"No retreat. No surrender."

I smiled as he kissed me.

_______________

Author's Note:

My sincerest thanks goes out to our wonderful organizer Chloe for inviting me to write for this event, otherwise, I might not have noticed in time to write for Geek Pride 2021. Of course, none of my stories would be possible without my team, so many thanks also to my editors and betas, listed in no particular order: chasten, MsCherylTerra, Bebop3, PeytonMirabelle, Steve M., and DFWBeast. A word of gratitude must also go out to the Aardvark Association for all their kindness and support. And lastly, my heart is so big thanks to these people: BuzzCzar, AJ, Dan F, DetroitRockCity, Andyhm, S. Y, Adam, and many more who have wished to remain anonymous. You know who you are. Thank you for your kindness, genorsity, and support.

And thank you, reader, for reading my Geek Pride 2021 story. None of the characters are real people, except for PewDiePie, who is only mentioned but not in the story. Gaminar, Heylo Games, Big Goliath Games, Moondusk Hollow, Questdom and many more companies/games are all fictional. They only existed, for a while, in my head—and now yours! I hope you enjoyed this story. Please remember to vote and/or leave your feedback, as that is my only reward. Constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated.

Cheers!

Nora

1...456789