All Comments on 'The Woman in the Cave'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 160 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yuck

Not good.

FatjackFallstaffFatjackFallstaffover 7 years ago
Brilliant

An excellent bit of writing which grabbed my attention and held it throughout. Obviously you handle dialog extremely well. Do you, like Bran also write plays? I also wonder if you're a therapist/counselor as your Dr Beth Carter was completely convincing. Thank you for an enjoyable story, with a nice little shot of sex. I look forward to reading more of your work.

WyldcardWyldcardover 7 years ago

I swear, this Category is so unbalanced. I'm not into humiliation porn, but the anti-cheating brigade is so militant, that any piece where a female who has an affair doesn't get punished can't score well.

Where so many submissions here are brutal revenge porn or brutal humiliation porn are vanilla repeats of common themes and styles, you crafted a story with a unique feel and it was humanistic. People are flawed, and ideally they get a chance to grow. The protagonist and Brandon both grew through tragedy. Both were flawed as spouses, and the failure of the marriage forced each (eventually) to face those flaws.

Thanks for the submission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Excellent job. We need more stories that are well written from the woman's POV. This was different than we usually get here. Although, in its own way, the story ended with the woman being relatively the one that got burned, it was a refreshing change from the standard BTB stories we see too often here.

robinhodrobinhodover 7 years ago
My only problem with this story

is the comments from semi-literates who can't appreciate any story which doesn't conform to their prejudice. Life goes off in all sorts of directions. Well demonstrated here.

Thank you for an enjoyable, and believable, read.

AzpiriAzpiriover 7 years ago
Loved it

Very good story. Glad to see it from the cheater's perspective... the fact that the story begins with a therapist should have clued people in that there would be some kind of emotional resolution. And personally, that's life... people make mistakes, deal with regret and move on. But we all want happiness... and I think both found it. She could probably be happier, but I think she learned on how to be a better wife... with all the tearing down, and no building up... not going to have much to build on in a relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A very average story

All the characters are unlikable and Javmor79 is a very average writer. Not bad, a long way from good. Sorry, Javmor, just my opinion. You try to be edgy, but you just don't have the skills. If you stuck to something simple, you'd do just fine.

What amazes me is the number of comments by people who must have the IQ of potatoes. They act like the category is littered with the maimed and dismembered bodies of women who cheat. Are you blind or just stupid?

Ninety-five percent of the stories written and posted on this hub are slut wife stories. Twenty-five stories are listed in the "new" section. Count the number of slut wife stories. You don't have enough fingers and toes. Now count the number of BTB stories. You only need one. Even you idiots can count that high. Your fantasy of hordes of BTB stories is a figment of your own imagining. If you're too stupid to count, that's your problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Who wants to read this?

I'm not interested in reading stories about people no one would want as a friend or no one could respect. If this is your best "woman's perspective," you should go back to men. I'm not sure Luedon is much help. I think "woman" was the word, not cheating slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This is a brilliant writer

Those anonymous a-holes who don't know the difference with there ridiculous comments when the story doentgonthere way. They only like to see the bitch burn. Throw all women who cheat to the lions . Anything else and you get this piss poor comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well..

I liked it. Kept me interested enough to read through to the conclusion.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Very Close to Pro Quality by My Standards

HOW TO ASSESS YOUR LITEROTICA STORY

  1) comment from author you respect -

Compliment +100 points ( add ten for every hot icon(s) next to their roster of stories )

Diss  - 20 points ( Ouch ! But at least they cared enough to comment )

2)  author you are indifferent to or dislike

 Compliment : + 50 points ( you may not like them , but they do have work ethic, add bonus points for hot icon )

:Diss : - 10 points ( fuck 'em , but yeah at least they walk their ( lame) talk )

3) named commentator who have ability to coherently weighs story merits versus weaknesses( 4 lines or more in review )

Compliment: +20 points

Diss : -10 points ( kinda high but there's potential to learn from critics )

4) Named Commentators who give one line review ( it's a coin flip: maybe they're busy , maybe they want to disguise vapid intellect )

Compliment : +5 points

Diss : -2 points

5) Anonymous Commentators who have ability to coherently weighs story merits versus weaknesses

Compliment : +5 points

Diss : -2 points

6) Anonymous commentators who give one line reviews ( 2/3 of who seem to have mental issues and appear to be in need of or are skipping medication)

Compliment : +2 points

Diss : 0 points ( is this harsh ? Not nearly as harsh as the epithets they dish out. The Guiding Maxim being no matter where you go, the percentage of idiots remains constant)

WyldcardWyldcardover 7 years ago

@Anonymous: "Ninety-five percent of the stories written and posted on this hub are slut wife stories. Twenty-five stories are listed in the "new" section. Count the number of slut wife stories." - Yes, there are generally more cuckoldry/cheating stories than BTB stories. The category is Loving Wives. However, those stories always score lower. That is what was said, not a comment on volume. A crap written BtB story with stilted dialogue and absolutely misogynistic recidivist views on gender will pretty much always score 4+. It is much rarer for a humiliation story to score 4+. (I presume there must be some good ones, I don't actually read them very much, because they aren't my thing, and don't feel the need to read and score things down out of some odd anger.)

Personally, I think both extremes are sort of odd fetishes. The interesting stories, however the characters end up, are the stories which deal with the conflicts, choices made and where those choices lead. This category probably gains more readers because good stories involve conflict and tension, and going outside a relationship whether with permission or not, often leads to conflict.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
How to assess your Literotica story

Lordfagdog comments and likes your story. You lose. This is the guy that thinks Xleglover and Matt Moreau are better than you. That shows you what his literary opinion is worth, and what his real opinion of you is.

My opinion is that you're not very good. Good enough to read, but not one of my favorites. Better than Matt Moreau but not much.

@Wyldecard. Sorry, you don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what the other guys point was, but he's right about the numbers. The problem is you don't really follow the numbers. Sure, most people hate humiliation stories and give them a one or two, so their score is two point something. Go back and check them six months later. Nearly every story on here has a score somewhere around four stars. Four stars doesn't mean shit. Even bad humiliation stories almost always wind up with better scores than bad BTB stories. Four stars is nothing to brag about. Everyone scores four stars They don't start out that way, but they wind up that way. Browse through the archives. You'll figure it out.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 7 years ago
How to write from a womens POV

Jack Nicholson once said that in order to write from a woman's point of view you start with an man.... then take away reason ....accountability.... and intelligence.

.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Nothing

Like a famous play, this is full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
To write from HarryinVA's point of view

Just remember to address all women as "cunt," and always have them refer to themselves as "cunts," add some some other coarse language, take away the ability to spell and a word here and there and you've nailed it.

This wasn't as well done as some of your other stories, I think. Your woman's POV definitely didn't work. Very few people can change gender successfully. There have been a couple, mostly women writing from a male POV. Talk to one of them, before you try this again. Keep writing. I read your stories, even if I hate most of your characters. You write well enough to keep me reading, if only to see what sort of a wreck is going to happen. Sort of like watching a hockey fight. Someone is going to the penalty box.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 7 years ago
Good story

It's a good story, with both characters having grown up and matured from their co-created tragedy.

This was a rather personal, contemplative POV, from the woman's, so I wish neither Dr. to have and to cuckhold nor Terry appear in it.

She could have rendered this short reflection herself, in one of her better days.... thinking, say, about what could have, if she had made X decision rather than Y, for example... and end the viewing of the rear mirror by marching forth, with sadness but also a reason to thinker clearer and to live better, to avoid mistakes she's made in her past... as she did here.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Don't know how it ended...

Stopped reading the second I read "Pey Day" really??

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 7 years ago
Fantastic story!

Thank you for writing a great story!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
classic anon behavior

Crab mentality . Textbook.

"Ohhhhh noooo, that cleverclogs javmor79, he's about to get out of the bucketttt and leave me behind. I'll fix his wagon with this comment."

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Well Written

An easy to read well written story but it did not go very far. Somewhat like a retelling of a true story. A set up and then the facts of a relationship between two ego driven people who really did not understand what it meant to love. Best line - "She was testing the power balance of our relationship. She was, after all, a lawyer. I expected this much from her." The nature of the American justice system is adversarial. It is not based on the truth or the discovery of the truth, It is based on which lawyer can sell their lie better. Anyone willing to do this job is inherently unethical and therefor immoral. An artist while not as directly competitive as a lawyer, is all about their ego. Their very work IS their ego. While the work itself may not be directly unethical or immoral, it is definitely a poor choice of focus for anyone trying to live a full life and worse anyone interested in a loving relationship. These people were all about themselves. A marriage on the other hand is supposed to be mutually rewarding. It is supposed to be cooperative, not selfish or worse - competitive.

In the end, she was still a lawyer, he was still a self absorbed artist - not much changed. Neither learned what love really meant.

PS - No mention of him dropping a dime on Terry - he really was a pussy after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WHY?

Why come to a sex site to post something like this????

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
id read the story

But it doesnt take 5 pages to tell how a bitch cheated, why, and how it ruined a "marriage", if you want to call it that. I dont care to spend that much time reading about low lifes.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
I enjoyed this

One of your best I thought. Nothing unusual per the dialogue , I myself like a dialogue driven story.

It did seem odd that she only sought out therapy after his play was commercially successful.

I have found that those that bark the loudest are usually not the ones to fear. For all her bluster and in your face attitude , she was more vulnerable than he was. No excuse for her infidelity , there never is , but he did come across a moocher. So neither of them warms the heart.

Good job .

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
loved it

i feel for both Bran and Kat very real...this was a great story no hidden cams, ex navy seals,exploits on the big screen,etc nice ty stlcris

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 7 years ago
I look forward to your stories

This one did not disappoint.

wonder203wonder203over 7 years ago
5*

This was a well thought out story with a good plot line. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very Good Story

There is no real need to have a lot of written lusty sex for a good story in LW as well as a BTB part or maim the guy who "stuck it" to the ex wife. A wonderful job and no real need for an epilogue - the point was made.

Carry on McJav

Tiny Tim

Lex1Lex1over 7 years ago
Wow

I try not to comment on javmor's stories. I am biased because I consider him a friend. But, I had to give my take on this one. It was very creative and wonderfully done. I felt for both people in this story.

No attacks against other commenters this time. Just letting javmor know that I liked this story. First one all year that really made me think. I think this is the best one of the New Year, but like I said, I'm biased.

jezzazjezzazover 7 years ago
Truly great bit of writing,

Firstly, its original - which is damn hard in this category. Secondly, it's well written. I totally bought into the aggressive and smart women's point of view. Loved the Doctor too.

I think this is one of your best Jmavor. Clever, well written, original and with feeling. I've read it twice so far, it's that good.

It actually inspires me to finish some stuff of my own.

Well done sir.

MullendersMullendersover 7 years ago

i dont get people who put a career before anything in there lives when your old and grey you whont think back ohw that contract was fun and that job was amazing you will only fell regret for not being more social

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Meh

Really stupid characters. Mean and stupid isn't a good combination. I wonder what it is with this guy? Every character you ever write is a complete asshole. Do you only know assholes? Why write about assholes?

The writing is okay. Sort of low second tier, high third tier. You need a new plot line. This is the same one you always use. Two assholes have marriage problems, made worse by third and fourth assholes. Can't imagine how anyone would enjoy this. I gave it a three.

AhazuraAhazuraover 7 years ago
Great

This is my favorite story you have shared. I could relate to both characters. The relationship felt real and tragic. You can see both of them coming away from this better people. All in all a masterful job.

Ahaz

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Should Be A Play

Too much dialogue.

Sorry. Someone had to say it.

Oh. Liked it!

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Comment #39

...just to put this in temporal context (for later)

Wow - what a mix of comments on this so far...but more on that later...

Jav, I really liked this - I can't speak to the "Women's POV" angle due to my own gender handicap, but I'll say it worked for me (despite whatever HarryInVA - or Jack Nicholson have to say on the matter, laugh lines or no). The most important plot point (and kudos for finding a new LW angle to work from) here is that both people wound up actually GROWING from the experience...and regardless of the scars they left upon each other, that's a win-win. It's not a perfect thing (how many lives are lived perfectly though? Only one man seems to lay claim to having done that, but people dispute even that with great ferocity to this day), but it's close to the best most of us frail, faulty, stupid human sorts can do. so 5* from me.

The comments though - first - LOL for @LSD's scoring system - he should get that system added to the site's software - so stories get both a star score and a comments score! :-) Hey @LSD - how would you score someone who gave middling-sorta +s/-s comments?

The comments range from "Crap!" to "Awesome!" - which is sort of typical, I guess. I personally tend to toss those "What's this doing on a p0rn site?" commenters aside though as ...uh, let's just say they may be a tad short-sighted? (yeah, that's the ticket) - and leave them there.

I do think that comment #38 (anonny) does raise an interesting point about this story - I really _could_ see this as a very workable play.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
very well done

The story had psychological subtlety. The Beth/Kat dialog was top, seems to have been well thought out, considering the detail of their verbal sparring. At the same time the dialog is also a portrait of how Kat works. The first extended Kat monologue felt out of place (my initial reaction) but as the story continued I got a better sense of how they were in fact extended monologues, and not literary flashbacks.

Perhaps the subheadings mislead me. They broke the 'spell' of the Beth/Kat interaction. Something you could eliminate? .. my only critical suggestion.

I won't bore you with a rating.

Jack99Jack99over 7 years ago
Well done, Javmor

Enjoyed this, it was interesting getting into the mind of the main character, and her feelings and justifications. Thanks for posting!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 7 years ago
Excellent Story

Difficult to come up with something new in this category, and the author has succeeded in this case. Interesting and compelling. Credible character development and dialogue. Five stars for sure.

BriteaseBriteaseover 7 years ago
Got me thinking

Actually gave me a different slant on a previous, less than successful relationship. Now, maybe, I know where it went wrong.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
@xiemand ( respectfully ...for the most part )

wondering if you're " brutally honest" to explain why you are compelled to peruse a very well known author whose fairly well known agenda of redemption , forgiveness is possible with painful self reflection and gestures of meaningful atonement.

You too are a known quantity ( kudos for getting a name , braver then anon rabble ) . This author's perspectives don't align with yours. Yet you are here to drop your one bomb regardless of craftsmanship in story.

Me ? I've five starred both btb authors and so called wimps if structure is there . So many authors won't rate my notice . I will like cauliflower b4 I enjoy their work . I figure I'm not their desireable demographic and let them go by wayside once fundamental distaste is established.

My point being is you admit this author has skills and you have an excellent idea his conclusions don't align with your ideals . You can't seem to forgo his work , he's that good . Yet he must be punished as if he were a puerile hack ? How honest is that ?

Take your time.Think about your answer. Let's see if you can walk your ' brutally honest' talk. Again ...at least you have a name , that's gutsier then the anons whose harsh vantage point largely clones yours.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 7 years ago
KIMI1990

- My comment was meant as a joke... after all it is from one of the better known Jack Nicholson movies. Get a sense of humor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story

Fav, this is well written and shows that real people grow apart under very real circumstances. When first married they both had a dream; him a professional writer and her a partner in a top law firm. She was on her way working very hard and he seemed to be skating by waiting for the big break. It is totally understandable that these two would move apart in real life. I loved the dialog between Kat and the Doc and reading about Kat coming into focus on what really bothered her for so long. The cheating while some would call it deplorable was just the confirmation that the marriage was over. Kat was totally frustrated with Bran and when she finally needed sexual (and emotional) release she hooked up with Terry. Kat however realized that this was the end and didn't try to hide it from Bran, no she was right up front with him and told him she wanted a divorce (and would treat him more than fairly). You brought this story to a believable conclusion that could have gone a few ways, the one you took with both of them moving on with the understanding of what happened to their marriage OR you could have had a reconciliation and have them get back together with a balanced marriage. Fav, this is one of your best stories.

Bubba

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 7 years ago
Actually there are 4 types of LW stories NOT 2

It seems to be a commonly held view here that are 2 general types of LW sub- categories. But in fact that is not correct. There are actually 4

First there is the classic super hot wife / LW sub genre where the wife is amazingly hot or sexually out of control and MUST fuck any body and everything in any locations and the husband for reasons never fully explained enjoys this.

The SECOND type is where the LW can do no wrong at all and NEVER pays any consequences. This is the classic cuck story which drive some readers crazy who looking for and serious type of LW where the wife pays some sort of consequences for her actions.

The THIRD is in fact LW / cheating wife who pays the consequences and this sub genre is often referred to the BTB/LW story. This type of sub genre equally drives the 2nd group (woman can do no wrong / classic cuck ) readers crazy since any sort of accountability is a anathema to some.

The FOURTH type which is what THIS story is... is what I call the serious LW. This sub- genre is a much more serious type LW that tries deal with marriage psychology temptation etc

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Dialogue Driven

Apparently I must like dialogue driven stories better than I thought. I try very hard to score LW stories by the quality of what I perceive the writing to be rather than whether the outcome meets my personal feelings associated with cheating. This was very well done. Thanks Javmor.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 7 years ago
Additional thought

This story could actually dovetail very nicely with Daniel Q Steele's "Separate Vacations" Somewhere after the point where Tiffany comes back from Hawaii and finds Bruce really has gone.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Male/Female viewpoints when writing stories

Javmor commented in his introduction that this was him as a male author writing in first person female voice. He sent me his story for suggestions, but I had family things happening and by the time I sent him my comments it was too late for him to incorporate any he may have wished to use in his story.

Kimi commented "Your woman's POV definitely didn't work. Very few people can change gender successfully."

I agree that it isn't easy, and I would be interested if Kimi could expand on her reasons for saying that this story wasn't successful. It would be helpful for all authors to hear readers' comments on what is needed when writing in other-gendered voice.

My suggestions included that I felt Kat used language and commented on things in a way that weren't within my range of female experiences. For example, her comments on Terry's penis size were something I cannot imagine most women saying. (I see that as a peculiarly male concern.) I also thought Beth was shown as far more combative than a professional in the talking therapies would be expected to behave.

Despite those thoughts for improvement of the story, overall I felt it was an interesting approach to the LW genre and well written (as I have come to expect from a Javmor story.) Others have also commented that they liked the story, and I was interested to see those comments before adding my own thoughts.

Lue

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
@ lance_spearman how VULGAR of you to dare to compare one accomplished author to another !

I guess I'm vulgar too because I had much the same thought . HUGE fan of Separate Vacations and multiple paradoxes of Tiffany massive patience evaporating and equally alluring character.

I always wanted an in-between-quel covering Tiffany's lost years from where Bruce leaves her, the affair with Stephen ( started after divorce ), it's breakdown, the brief failed 2nd marriage and finally realization of how she threw away true love , then putting in motion the plan to win Bruce back ( it sure seemed to me like that was not happenstance ).

Javmor79 showed he could write that sequel with flair. This guy knows the pros and cons of alpha - bitches along with DQS. It's DQS's story, he has first option but all I know is I would so gladly pay to read either author's continuation and then pay MORE to be indulged by giving a more defined conclusion to ' Paul and Paula '. SV's is rolling up on 500 comments. Love or hate Tiffany , we can't ignore her.

maninconnmaninconnover 7 years ago
Whoa

You're a fantastic writer, but you've eclipsed yourself with this story. Well done!

njlaurennjlaurenover 7 years ago
Beautifully written imo

While I do think writing as Kat had some things about it a woman would not think or do, I think it represents perfectly how her alpha nature clashed with her love for her husband,how they could be connected in so many ways and yet fail in a key way,her inability to give him the honest feedback to push him in the right directio,Instead she internalized her feelings about his lack of motivation into contempt, that led to her fucking terry. A very intelligent story from all sides something often lacking.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
I'm not doing that here

My intention was not to embarrass Javmor79, just make an observation. It would take too much space. Assuming that this one of your stupid games, Luedon, send me an email and I'd be happy to show you or Javmor79 what I'm talking about. If you're gaming me, it will get ugly.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
No, Kimi, I'm serious

Please let everybody know, not just Javmor and me via e-mail. If you really do intend to be helpful to authors with your comments, please do it publicly.

It doesn't have to be a deep analysis. I gave a couple of simple examples. I would be interested to hear a couple of examples that you also think are important.

I'm fairly sure that I'm not the only person who is interested in your opinion. And I'm certainly not 'gaming you' or anybody else.

Lue

Ps: Javmor is a big boy. I doubt that he will be embarrassed.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
@javmor79 always gives us good stories...

@javmor79 always gives us good stories...And this was no exception...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cogent Comments

I'm a fan of javmor79 and gave the story a five. I usually only scan the comments because the anonymous clan is so negative. This time the competent (and highly competent) writers commented very positively on the story. Too bad the anonymous group can drag down a score. While this wasn't an obvious BTB story, the evil witch did lose her husband who she belatedly realized she loved and got passed over for promotion. There was some justice after all.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 7 years ago
Wow! Great story

I was not expecting that. Thought it would be another miserably story about a heartless wife and a sissy loser husband. But what I found was an intriguing story about two flawed people who eventually find their way. It pulled me in and was satisfied at the end. The session with the doc was very good. Thanks for the entertaining read.

katibkatibover 7 years ago
Compelling

There is no need for me to repeat the encomia of all the positive commentators. Some further editing is needed, though.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
No, I don’t think I will

Upon further consideration, you aren’t to be trusted, Luedon. I’m certain this is some treacherous ploy and that you have the long knives out, sharpening them and cackling in anticipation. The offer is still good for Javmor79, but you’re out. Sorry to take up your columns, Javmor79.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 7 years ago
Excellent

This is a terrific story, mature, insightful and well-written. Moreover it is proper fiction in the sense that, while it did not happen, it might have. So much of what is written on this site is adolescent fantasy. Not only did it not happen but it never could. For those trapped in their adolescent fantasies my suggestion is do not read stories written for grown-ups and above all do not comment on them. You merely expose yourselves to ridicule.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I really thought I wouldn't like it...

..but once I started,I couldn't put it down. Five big ones from me.

"What do all aggrieved spouses want? It's never about the money. It's usually about making the other one suffer."

No truer words were spoken. My wife was a nurse and I too was a starving artist, also a novelist. But I had a day job, it just didn't bring home a lot. My wife came from money, big old money, but we thought it was best to live on our own.

Yet there came the day when I caught my wife with a fellow nurse, it turns out she didn't tell me an old boyfriend had transferred to her hospital. I came home early when the electricity went out and we were all sent home, you can figure out the rest.

I loved my mother and father in law and they were fond of me. Annie wanted to work things out, I simply wanted to hurt her back. Yet nothing I could do could hurt her like she hurt me. The moment I learned she professed to love me desperately, I knew how to hurt her. She simply couldn't have me. I moved out of our room and into a guest room while starting the search for a new place of my own.

Her dad, George, came to see me the day I was moving out and Annie called him in hysterics. He offered to pay for everything, my new place, a marriage counselor, anything I needed to help Annie to make things right. He had no answer when I tossed an egg from the refrigerator on the ground and told him when he could put the egg back into its shell, I would be willing to work on our marriage.

She wanted to pay me alimony while we lived apart, before I had her served. The only thing I took from our house was my clothes, fishing and camping gear, and my grandfather's guns. That was it and I believe it hurt her worst when I said I wanted nothing to remember her by. She made more money than me, we didn't yet have kids so we parted, her in tears, me in angry tears. Annie was my dream girl. Was.

No, I didn't start writing plays, I began going to writers conferences and meeting agents. For two years I went, barely scraping by on my 9-5 job waiting tables. Once Annie learned where I worked, she began coming in. Texts, calls in the middle of the night, anything to get my attention. Telling me she would wait forever just for me. And then I remember leaving my dad's wood lathe and jigsaw in the basement. Still having a key, I hurried over when she should have been at work.

I guess Annie and her old boyfriend couldn't wait until the bedroom. Letting myself in quietly just in case she was home sleeping between shifts, there she was getting pounded on the couch. She screamed, he shouted and rolled off, I smiled and waved, heading to the basement. When I came back up with the lathe, he was gone and Annie was crying. I suppose she was trying to say something but it was all gibberish so I ignored her. I hurried back for the jigsaw and she actually tried to stop me from leaving.

I was able to somehow sign with an agent less than a year later and she sold it to a large publishing house (S&S). Since it was my first book (110,000 words), my advance was $36,000 and royalties that first year almost equaled it. My second book, also sold the same year, saw my advance of $72,000 and royalties almost double that. Since then, my novels tend to earn me between $70K and $110K, one at $135K and royalties earn just about the same. So while I'm making money writing four novels each year, I'm not getting rich. But dammit, I'm comfortable.

Weird thing, I received the email about my first book sale the same day a buddy sent me my ex-wife's marriage announcement. She was marrying her boyfriend. George was less than happy and didn't spring for another $50K wedding. They went to Las Vegas.

The reason why I even wrote this was how The Woman in the Cave ended. I was at a book signing about six years after our divorce, in Portland, Oregon. There was a pretty good turnout and I didn't have much time to do anything but smile and sign. After it was finished and the crowd disappeared, I saw Annie back against the wall, watching me. George was with her. When they realized I saw them, he nudged her to go to me.

Annie hadn't changed much, she was a bit thicker and her hair was very short instead of halfway down her back. I couldn't see much, but then, I didn't need to, I'd seen her nude body many time in the past, in the throes of passion, especially. George was nice, a firm handshake and congratulations, Annie could hardly talk. Finally we were given a corner and I found out she was there to apologize. Hell of a long drive from Vancouver, B.C., but there she was.

She was happy for me and that was pleasant. At the end, our parting hadn't been particularly pleasant. Annie wanted to know all about my writings and travel and even had me sign each book I'd written and she'd bought. When I asked about her, I learned revenge isn't always needed. She had three kids, what we had always talked about having and she saw me wince at the news, but her husband left her after she caught him cheating about a half-dozen times. Annie and her boys were living at home with her folks. In deference to her husband, she had quit the job she was so proud of and worked so hard for, to start having kids. They were too young for her to become recertified to work as a nurse again and her ex didn't pay her anything.

I know she was feeling me out, seeing if anything was left between us. When we parted, I told her I still loved her. That perked her up and even George saw her excitement from across the room. But then I wished her a happy life and said I needed to get home to my own wife in Missoula, Montana and my plane was leaving in just a few hours.

The last time I ever saw Annie was when I turned and looked at her one last time. She was standing with George, crying, but smiling. I'd like to think she was proud of me, I know she didn't want the divorce. But she was killed a few weeks later when a propane truck sideswiped her at an intersection on the way to work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Would have been a 5 until...

Was a 5 until I saw Luedon involved, total cunt stain ruins everything they touch....

Rc68Rc68over 7 years ago
Good not great.....

Great story, read almost like a play in my opinion..... Not my favorite of your works, but still a solid 4****.... One ????, why does LSD and others always feel the need to comment to the commenters on these stories????? The comments are directed to the author, let them choose whether to comment or not.... When LSD or Luedon etc... Does the commenting, it just makes them look like lonely pathetic little kids trying to get their way...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I agree with Rc68

I couldn't quite get to a four, though. More like a three. Keep writing, but find a better story. The woman sounded like some tranny street walker, not a lawyer.

LSD and Luedon comment to the other people who comment to try and start something. That's their life. They spend all their time on here trying to start something so they can read their own comments and pat themselves on the back about how smart they are. They aren't lonely pathetic little kids, they're lonely pathetic old people who don't have any life except starting shit on a porn site. I think everyone is getting pretty tired of the LSD asshole. They were tired of Luedon a long time ago.

orefinnorefinnover 7 years ago
Excellent!

I wish there were more stories such as this on the site. Well written and well developed! Thank you for sharing your talent. Chuck

InescuInescuover 7 years ago
Solid Story

Not in my list of favorites from you, but well written. The initial dialog between the ex and the psychiatrist was very well done. I found the reconciliation ending to be a bit flat, with the husbands behavior being a bit off/odd in some way. I think I'll reread it to get a better handle on why it didn't come off well for me. In either case, good to see something new from you.

amyyumamyyumover 7 years ago
Nice, thoughtful, well put together, and...

best of all original. What's not to like?

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
An easy five stars

Javmor, it's good to see you writing here again. I had assumed you had grown as tired of this site as I have. As always, you gifted us with a thought-provoking piece that will linger for days. As always, it's well-written and insightful. As always, it's original. As always, your characters are fully-fleshed and realistic. And as always, the usual critics hate it.

I have to ask. The Woman in the Cave. This miserable bitch whose sole purpose in life is to criticize, demean, and belittle the man who is kind enough to provide her with entertainment. The fictional character based on a real-life cunt who works as a lawyer. It's Kimi, isn't it?

Is it possible that Kimi has been a figment of our collective imaginations this whole time?? Like I said, it's thought-provoking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The only "cunt" commenting on here is Swingerjoe

What an asshole. 'Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hey, Joe

You can't possibly be as tired of this site as we're tired of you. Go watch your wife fuck a real man.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
@Rc68

Congratulations, it took awhile but you finally said something that caught my notice by mentioning my Literotica user name. Up until now you've been invisible to me. You're hereby upgraded to generic wallpaper with a twat. Kudos.

Let's adress' your question . Why do I feel the need to comment on the comments ? When exactly did the anon commentators become sacred cows , that get to defecate, trample over the hard work and first rate writing sans the slightest of repercussions of talented authors like javmor79 ? I missed that memo ?

Write a polite coherent comment , disagreeing with my rating ? Godspeed , it's a big world . Write an impolite one and if I have nothing better to do at the moment , expect a reply attempting to spotlight the deficiencies inherent in the comment that is trying to slap the story I hold in some esteem. It's all fair game .

You' and your gibbering Anon brethren have in turn slagged me . So be it . It's only Literotica, the proverbial tempest in a teapot . My bottom line is the authors like javmor79 have worked hard and submitted a FREE story( is ) with a definite measure of merit.

They deserve a modicum of respect . I have done nothing to the trolls , but speak to them with the same measure of decorum , they have allowed the author. I see you disagree .Life goes on.

imhaplessimhaplessover 7 years ago
I'm not sure why this story is rated more highly?

I guess it's because readers of Loving Wives have their own likes and dislikes and for some if the bitch isn't burned it's a 1 no matter how original. As for me, 5* whether or not the bitch was burned. [In actuality there was no reason to burn Kat; she had a fling because she no longer respected her husband, was fair in the divorce proceedings, and that's life.]

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Loved it

Simply brilliant! Five stars. This is what quality writing looks like.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago

I agree with the originality comments. This was truly one of a kind.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I appreciate this story

It took a few moments for me to find the right word, appreciate. At the beginning javmor79 cautioned us that this missive is dialogue heavy. It is. The irony of that notice was lost on me till Kat and Bran were sharing reflections of their failed marriage. That his novellas were too much dialogue and not enough context is subtle, but it was not his ex-wife who was able to point that out and encourage him to write plays. Nice touch. Another detail I almost missed was the gradual shift during the counselling sessions initially using doc, but gradually working her way to finally using Dr Carter, her professional title, as Katrina gained respect for her therapist

I also chose appreciate because the tone is dark, difficult, and pensive. Nothing funny, light, or even remotely amusing is found. But that is the point. He learned from the marriage, divorce, and emotional turmoil turning it into a successful stage production. She struggled for three years, changed jobs, and eventually sought counselling, but didn't "get it" until seeing herself represented as the Woman in the Cave.

And the true measure of a story like this is whether the reader turns inward and looks at their own life. I did, and wonder which character I was in my former marriage. And if the comments are an accurate reflection so too have many other readers.

1wrngrght1wrngrghtover 7 years ago
Scurrying in the dark

Anonomice are rarely nice, their rage seems without limit.

The ebbs and flows do sweep them so, their brain cells so deficient.

The story spun was so well done, the author should be cited.

And this 1reader votes five stars, I truly was delighted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Moving Story

This was a very well written, moving story about why a marriage failed. The female character's assessment of how she tore down her husband without actually giving him something he could work with to improve is totally believable. I know, I experienced it. Unfortunately, I haven't found a supportive woman to even consider having a new marriage. Where's my Peyton?

iloveADiloveADover 7 years ago
Always like your stuff

And this was was as anticipated,

Excellent!

5stars

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
A Slice of Life

All the characters worked for me. Every one made sense, and I knew people like that in life.

This was well written with the very rare miscue and mistake.

It s at least a 4.5 from me. Didn't LOVE it, but I did more than like it.

javmor79javmor79over 7 years agoAuthor
Thank you all for reading

I would have thanked you earlier, but I was traveling with family.

First off, I have to give the award for most creative comment to 1wrngrght. I have never seen a comment as poetic as that. It deserved recognition.

Secondly, I want to thank the regular commenters who always leave me with food for thought. Many will disagree with my list, but I have found people like Swingerjoe, LSD, Luedon, FD45, and a few others helpful when they comment on stories. When commenting to other commenters, not so much (can't remember if FD45 directs comments toward commenters). I understand why they do it, and we authors appreciate their defense of us. But when they analyze a story, they focus on the development of the characters' believability, which is always my main goal. They don't always like my stories, but even when they don't, their comments help me. They tell me what didn't work for them, and they do it without condescension. So thank you.

I also wanted to tell of my shock and amazement at gettting a compliment from HIV. That is a rare treat for me.

Above all, thank you all for reading and commenting. The constructive criticism is appreciated as much as the praise.

javmor79javmor79over 7 years agoAuthor
One more thing.

Forgot to add HDK to that list. His critiques are always helpful. Thank you.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
WHEN ONE THINKS OF A WOMAN IN THE CAVE

how far behind will the Delphi belong, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You sneaky devil...

This is like the story of what did amy adams do 3 yrs later after she was stood up at the fancy dinner in the movie.............. Nocturnal Animals.

Not that am saying its exactly like the movie, but according to me the story complements the movie well, a sort of closure to the movie, Even though the movie was a kickass BTB movie for me.

honestly i cant say anything bad, i felt you squared of all the characters quite appropriately .

hope to read more & eagerly waiting.

(a name makes no difference)

extemporeextemporeover 7 years ago
Terrific Story

This was an outstanding story -- very well written and far more original in concept than 95% of the stories on this site. I thought the dialogue with the counselor was excellent. I was less confident in the forgiveness scene a few years later; but then it was a few YEARS later, though I can't imagine redemption is that easy to come by when you treat a spouse like Kat treated her husband.

The anonymous poster who thought the story was very average, and the author too, amused me. While criticizing the story and a good share of the other posters as essentially being brain-dead, I can see why s/he would remain anonymous. Calling this story and its writer average by this joker is like being called "overrated" by Donald Trump. It's an honor.

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
Ximand

Here is a system I use to try to be more fair to authors, who work hard on their work.

Is it grammatical with good spelling? One star

Do the characters make sense and the plot points follow one another ACCORDING TO THE RULES THE AUTHOR LAID OUT? One star

Is there craft in the story or good writing, even if it is about subject matter or people I don't like? One star

Do I like the story? One star

Do I love the story? Another star

davwoodavwooover 7 years ago
6 * from me

This story is brilliant, the dialogue with the counsellor was very well constructed and this story had a convincing ending. What I can't understand are the detractors- do they see themselves as better writers. I suppose there are lots of idiots in the US just like dear old Donald!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
" No cookies for you" says Xiemand!

So the offending ( in terms of meeting your standards ) author who takes editing time and trouble in submitting a FREE story for your perusal gets one-bombed in your rating system , getting no more acknowledgement then the most inept , careless, and puerile hacks ? Allrighty then. Xiemand, there's a story in you . How did you get this way ?

Please write it. I promise to be kinder in my review then you would be..

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
A Serious LW story!!

For once I find myself agreeing with Harry! The basic fact that she was a very successful trial lawyer would suggest the hardness in her attitudes were the result many years of competing to be top dog. I find it interesting that she did not figure out how to help the man that she loved, but then she did not appear to like to read. A good editor can bring out the best in a fledging author.

gordo12gordo12over 7 years ago
Another great story

Always happy to read yours. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Jackie, this was well written, and you are great exposerr of people's thoughts/flaws

Unlike all others I read I scored it much lower, as I felt you gave his ex something of a pass for Despicable behavior towards a loving spouse, and a subsequent tryst. Using the therapist POV as a tool to allow her to feel less wrong about what she did is psychobabble. It's not the end of the world that she did what she did, nor does it make her a horrid person. But to ain't it as a tool or vehicle that helped him to find success is unjustified. There is NEVER a justification or mitigation for mistreatment of a supposed loved one who has not directly wronged us. You have done us all agreat service by bringing up a topic that will only grow in relevance...what career-successful women feel about less successful husband's and how they act on those feelings. Imho, your failure was in not hewing to the truth that disrespect and infidelity are always reprehensible if in provoked. Oldbearswitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well Done - Could Have Gone Deeper

I liked this story. It was a fresh take with a viewpoint we generally don't get to see. I particularly appreciated the part where Dr. Carter forces Kat to recognize that her decision to cheat was just that. A choice she made and it was on her, not her husband. Both partners are responsible for the issues in their marriage, but Kat is 100% responsible for her cheating. And that is also where I would have preferred this story go further. It seems that Kat believes she failed in the marriage by not motivating Brandon, leading her to devalue him and thereby causing her to cheat. If only she had done X, Y, or Z, then he would have been so much better and she never would have cheated. Nuh uh. Doesn't work like that. That realization. That something was broken inside her, poor boundaries, ego, what have you, and it was that aspect that led her to cheat. And Brandon had nothing to do with it.

Regardless, well done. A solid read. Thanks for the effort.

DieAlteRomantischeDieAlteRomantischeabout 7 years ago
A doomed relationship

Ambitious, driven product of Stanford Law coupled with unsuccessful writer? Said lawyer slakes her thirst at an equally ambitious, driven colleague's well? The nuanced view of truth held by virtually all successful lawyers? All nicely limned in this morality play. One wonders if the woman in the cave was really there or just a shadow on the wall. *****

javmor79javmor79about 7 years agoAuthor
@xiamand

First off, I didn't delete your comment. I don't know what was in it, but I don't have any recollection to deleting any comment.

However, I don't see a comment from you in this story. So my guess is either you didn't comment and think you did, or admin deleted it. If they did it, then I think you should probably wonder what you did put in it to cause them to do so. But like I said, I didn't delete it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

He didn't forgive her. Just because they talked, there's no way he would ever forgive her, let alone forget what she did to him/them. I wouldn't.

christmas_apechristmas_apealmost 7 years ago

every time i come to this story i end up reading the whole thing again. thanks again!

PencarrowPencarrowalmost 7 years ago
STILL JUST AS GOOD AFTER A SECOND READING

I read this a long time ago and have just stumbled across it again (I always check my favorite authors for their favorites and so I have an almost endless supply of really good stories). It's still just as good as I remember it. Well done.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Deep and spectacularly

realistic.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 6 years ago
Intelligent and thoughtful

Thank you for this intelligent, thoughtful, and well written story. Five out of five.

You did something very unusual here. I went from disliking Kat to liking her and that isn't easy. It takes good writing.

It was a sort of self-inflicted BTB story where someone realizes they were in the wrong and repents and atones and I like those stories. They are rare.

I liked the self-deprecating humour of the author making fun of his writing character who writes too much dialogue when this story is almost all dialogue.

There is only one sex scene, but it is smoking hot.

Constructive criticism. I didn't like that the guy Kat cheated with got away with it. But that happens sometimes in real life.

I would have liked Brandon to have had so smoking hot sex with Peyton, but that wasn't structurally possible with the narrator being first person Kat and the doctor.

All in all another good Javemor story.

Steve

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
bullshit

the last line is total bullshit; living a full life? What the fuck is that? She must thank her fortunes. Karma is a bitch. After many breaking many deserving man, she finally decides to become loyal to the one who, being the new partner, hasn't earned it yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Excellent story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
2302 Followers
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...

SIMILAR Stories