They Walk Among Us Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

0510 hrs 5 kilometers from the border of Slovenia.

Adam Dawson kept checking the map against the distance signs along the side of the road. If they were correct they should make the castle within the hour. According to his briefing from Johansson the tours would start at 7, so they had plenty of time to talk with this operative before she had to go to work.

"Looks like you're doing pretty good Kev. We're right on time so we can meet up with the CIA chick before she starts her tours," Adam told him.

"Thanks Boss. Are you sure you don't want to sit in the back? I can put a little hat on, open your door for you," Kevin joked.

"If I wanted that, I would have brought Carl with me. I brought you because of your uncanny senses. By the way -- humor isn't one of them," Adam shot back.

The two Seals came upon a straight stretch of road -- finally. Most of the time it was, get up to speed and then slow down for another curve. Kevin looked down the road, and even though it was still dark out, he could make out a small building up ahead. Those uncanny senses that his team leader prided him on just kicked up into high gear.

"We've got trouble up ahead Adam," Kevin said, and then sat up in his seat a little straighter.

"I can't make it out from here, but if the map is right it's the border of Slovenia. Johansson didn't say anything about security check points this far North," Adam complained.

"Ok so what's the game plan here Boss? We take them out and everybody and their brother will be looking for us," Kevin asked.

"We don't do jack shit if we can help it. We're just a documentary team -- that's all. We really can't pull the Sig's out if it turns bad. How's your hand to hand training?" Dawson said.

"Let's put it this way -- better than yours," Kevin told him.

The Fiat sedan slowed down and came to a stop just in front of the long red striped pole that blocked the road. A uniformed man walked up and tapped on the window. He wasn't smiling and it appeared he was military and not a regular cop.

When Kevin rolled down the window, he said something that they couldn't understand. When he said it again Kevin handed him his travel papers and his passport. The soldier looked at Adam and repeated his request, which Adam instantly complied.

He looked over both sets of papers and then looked in at Adam who was older and more than likely the one to do the talking.

"You two are American? You are a long way from home are you not," he said.

"Good morning Sir. We are a long way from home, and this is our last stop before we get to head back to the states. We're with National Geographic. We're doing a documentary on ancient castles of Europe. We were just on our way from Rome and going to someplace called Predjama," Adam said with a smile.

The soldier did not return his smile as he stared at Kevin and then back to Adam. After a few tense moments of silence he stepped back from the car as another armed soldier stepped out of the small guard shack.

"Please if you would, step out of the vehicle and move to the rear of the car," he ordered.

The two Seals opened the doors and moved to the back of the now dusty car. Adam was concerned but not overly just yet. The one good thing about the two of them is they weren't nervous. If they were, they would have pulled the bolt back on their weapons.

"So your name is Dawson Adam is that correct?" the guard asked.

"Yes Sir Adam Dawson, that's me. I'm a TV producer with National Geographic, I make documentaries about different subjects," he said.

"And you're last name is Dvorska. That sounds Serbian to me," he said to Kevin.

"Serbian, no way Sir. My grandparents immigrated from Poland just before the Germans attacked. I'm his cameraman and butler," he lied.

Kevin moved in a little closer to him.

"You should know that Mr. Dawson is very famous in TV. He makes normal people stars overnight. So I kind of have to suck up to him -- if you know what I mean," Kevin whispered.

"Famous? Who has he made famous?" the guard asked as the other one approached.

"You two may not be aware of this but, have you ever heard of Sylvester Stallone?" Kevin asked.

"Do you mean that one guy from Rocky movie?" he asked as he looked at his partner.

"That's the guy. He actually got his start as a cameraman for Mr. Dawson here. I'm trying to tell you he makes people famous."

"Oh wow, we are sorry for stopping you Mr. Dawson we had no idea who you were," he said.

"That's alright gentlemen, you couldn't have known. I try to keep a low profile when I'm outside of my mansion. Hey I got a great idea for the story, if you two would like to help," Adam told them.

"What -- us?" the military guard asked excitedly.

"Sure guys you look like you have a lot of potential for TV. Kevin why don't you get your camera and get some shots of these two warriors," Adam told him.

Kevin went opened the trunk and got his video camera out. When he looked back up, Adam had his hands up pretending to find their best side. When he finally had the shot he wanted he positioned their weapons in front of them and then stepped back.

Kevin began filming them from different angles and then let the video camera down and started snapping stills of them. After about 20 different shots Adam went up to Kevin and asked for the camera.

"All right guys, I really want to get some action shots of you. Why don't you put Kevin spread eagle against the car and pretend to search him," Adam directed them.

The senior guard placed Kevin against the car and started patting him down as the other pointed his weapon at the young Seal.

"Great, great, you guys look so real. I bet you two are really high up in your military," Adam egged them on.

"Um -- well -- yes, yes we are. We are better than those Navy Seals your country is so proud of," the guard boasted.

"Oh wow that's amazing! You hear that Kevin, they're better than Seals!" Dawson exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's amazing Mr. Dawson," Kevin said sarcastically.

"Ok guys, that's enough shots here we really should get going to Predjama. Kevin why don't you get a few of my business cards out and give them each one," he told his point man.

"Um -- I forgot to pack your cards Mr. Dawson, sorry," he told him.

"Haha, I guess you will be watching us in the movies Dvorska," he said as they laughed at him.

The two Seals got in the Sedan and headed off towards their destination. When they were safely out of sight, Kevin reached over and shoved Dawson up against the passenger door.

"Hey what was that for Dvorska," he said with a laugh.

"Gee I don't know L-tee, it could be because I just got patted down by probably the two dumbest geeks in Slovenia," he told him.

"Take it easy Kevin. That's how it's done when you do undercover shit. Besides, you're the one who started it with that Sylvester Stallone shit. Next time don't forget my business cards, idiot."

There was a brief silence and then both Navy Seals busted up laughing. Kevin tried to pick up the pass due to the lengthy stop at the checkpoint but Dawson slowed him down. They made it past one checkpoint and didn't need any more unwanted attention.

It was seven in the morning before they finally made it to the outskirts of Predjama. Kevin pulled off to the side of the road atop a small rise in the terrain overlooking the town. When the got out, Kevin grabbed a camera with a telephoto lens and snapped a few pictures of the town. He didn't really care about the pictures it was the zoom capability he needed as he searched the area for any sign of Radovan Valenta.

Adam Dawson joined him in the search using a large pair of binoculars. Although there were people milling about in town, there was no sign of their intended target. He did notice however that there were a few people around the front of Predjama castle.

"Hey Kevin, check out the castle. It looks like we might have to jump straight into one of the tours," Adam told him.

"I can't really make out any details of the people from here Boss, but yeah it looks maybe the start of a tour," Kevin replied as he adjusted the settings of his lens.

"Ok Seal, lets get going. Remember our game plan and stay in character as long as other people are around," Adam said as he climbed back in the Sedan.

**********

Martina heard the banging on the front door and slowly crawled out of bed. She only had a few hours of sleep so who ever it was better have a damn good reason for trying to knock the front door down. When she finally made it down stairs and opened the door she saw a very pissed off Katharine looking at her.

"Jesus Kat, I just got to bed. What the hell is so important?" she asked harshly.

"I've been trying to get in touch with you since yesterday afternoon," Kat replied as she walked past Martina roughly.

"Kevin left so I went out and enjoyed myself, not that I have to answer to you."

"That's why I've been trying to reach you. Kevin and his Lieutenant left," she told her.

"I know Dawson took his team to Germany to get away for awhile," she replied.

"It wasn't Germany, and it wasn't his team. Kevin ran into me in the compound and dropped a bunch of maps and photos of Predjama Slovenia. Him and his team leader loaded up a sedan and took off around four this morning. I think their headed to Predjama without the rest of the team," Kat told her.

"Holy fucking shit! That motherfucker tricked me!" Martina screamed as she jumped towards the phone.

Martina quickly dialed the number for her husband's office and waited. When the young female answered, Martina knew he was still gone.

"Where is he God damn it! I need to talk to him," she screamed into the phone.

"Martina I'm sorry, he is still in Predjama, but if it's important I can get a message to him," she said quickly.

"You're right about that you little bitch, it is important. Kevin Dvorska and his team leader, Adam Dawson are in Predjama as we speak. I don't care if you have to whore yourself out to the whole Army, but get that fucking message to him -- now!" Martina said rudely and slammed the phone down.

"I hope my husband kills that son of a bitch slowly while his fucking back stabbing officer watches," Martina whispered as her whole body shook with anger.

Dvorska house, Galveston Texas.

Luka Dvorska was busy washing the vegetables off in the kitchen sink when he heard his wife cry out in the other room. He quickly dropped them and ran to the living room. He found his wife of thirty-three years lying on the floor clutching her chest in panic.

"Beth, what it is, what happened?" Luka said as he cradled his wife in his arms.

"Oh my God, Luka, don't -- don't let it happen -- please don't," she said in a weak voice.

"I don't understand Beth, don't let what happen -- what's wrong sweetheart?" he asked her.

"Kevin, he's -- he's in danger," she gasped.

"Beth, trust me, Kevin is a Navy Seal, and he's not in danger. Now please, what happened?" he said as he tried to calm her down.

"Kevin -- he's in trouble, you have to help him Luka -- please, he's your son," Beth tried to say.

"I will, I'll help him, but I still don't know what you're talking about Beth," Luka said as he stroked her wet matted hair.

"Luka -- oh my God -- Luka you have to do something," Beth whimpered.

"I swear to all mighty God and Heaven I'll help him but you are making no sense at all Beth," Luka pleaded with her.

"I fell asleep and I had a dream about Kevin. Oh my love, it was so real," she said softly.

"Ok then, it was just a dream. You're here in Texas and everything is fine, and so is Kevin. You just had a bad dream, but trust me, Kevin is just fine," he said, trying to console her.

"It's just that the castle he was in was so scary," Beth told her husband.

"I don't get it Beth, what castle?" he asked her.

"I don't know Luka. It was a large castle built into a large cliff," she told him.

"What did you just say?" he asked in an astonished voice.

"I said he was in a castle, but the scary thing was the cave entrance," she told him as she snuggled closer.

Luka Dvorska had one image in his mind as he wife talked to him. There was no way Kevin could ever be there, the odds were too great.

"What about the cave baby, tell me about the cave entrance," he told her.

"Oh my dear, it was so creepy. It was an entrance to a cave next to a castle and I saw a wolf's head guarding it. It was like something out of a movie or something. My baby boy was in a fight with another -- wolf -- and he couldn't fight him off. My God, my baby!" she said as she collapsed in his arms.

"It's ok Beth, its ok, just calm down. Kevin is just fine and I'm sure he is nowhere near any such castle. You just had a bad dream about your son, now just calm down and tell me more about this castle," Luka said as he held her close.

"It was beautiful Luka, large and majestic, but that damn cave entrance," she said.

Luka Dvorska didn't need any more information on the castle, he already knew what his wife was talking about. His mother Marta had described it in vivid detail the day she told him what he really was. She told him about Baldomr and Nevanka, and how the 'gift' was passed on from generation to generation. The place was known as...

"Oh Luka, it was so real. I've never had such a vivid dream before and I've never heard the name Predjama. Have you Luka?" she told her husband as he shivered for the first time with fear.

**********

Kevin Dvorska and Adam Dawson pulled up in front of Predjama castle and were immediately awe struck with the architectural design. Here was a castle that actually used the southern face of a cliff as the back of the impressive fortress. Dawson thought who ever came up with this idea was a fucking genius.

"No matter what happens, stick with the game plan. You ready for this Kevin?" Adam asked.

"As long as you don't have me patted down again, I think I can handle it Boss,"

They stepped out of the car and looked up to the top of the massive structure. Kevin couldn't help but take a picture for his own collection of photos. Then he remembered what he was really here for and began snapping photos of the small group of people that were gathered at the entrance. They both turned when they heard a woman's voice addressing the group.

"Good Morning everyone, welcome to Predjama castle, my name is Kristine and I'll be your guide this morning," she said.

Kevin saw the lovely woman and immediately thought of Martina. If he didn't have feelings for her, he would have put the full court press on the CIA operative. Adam didn't have that problem as his mouth opened in a silent gasp.

"If you'll forgive me for just one moment ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to say hello to our special guests," Kristine said as she pointed towards the two Seals who were walking towards her.

"Hello Gentlemen. I assume you two are the ones I've been expecting," Kristine said and then extended her hand.

"Hi, I'm Adam Dawson with National Geographic and this is my assistant and cameraman Kevin Dvorska. It's a pleasure to meet you Ms...." Adam replied as he shook her hand.

"Duka, Kristine Duka, but please call me Kristine. I was expecting you earlier this morning, I hope you didn't have trouble finding the town," she said with a gleaming smile.

Adam Dawson noticed one distinct thing about her; she never took her sparkling blue eyes off his as he pulled his hand back. When she finally looked over at Kevin, she caught her breath as she looked at him.

"Um -- sorry, what -- what was your name again?" she stuttered.

"Kevin Dvorska, it's a pleasure to meet you. Are you alright? You look like you've just seen a ghost," he said with a puzzled look.

"Um -- no, it's just..." she started to say.

"Kristine, I think the tour group is waiting for you," Adam said.

The two Seals followed her back to the group and as they did Adam gave his point man a quizzical look. Kevin shrugged his shoulders indicating that he had no idea what her problem with him was. Kristine stopped in front of the group and took a deep breath.

"I do apologize for the delay everyone. First I would like to introduce Mr. Adam Dawson from National Geographic, and with him is -- Mr. Kevin Dvorska. He will be taking pictures of the tour group today so hopefully some of you will be in the documentary," Kristine said.

As Kristine Duka turned to enter the castle, her shoulder length auburn hair swished with such style and grace that Adam felt his crotch throb. Her shapely hourglass figure seemed to glide across the floor like a spirit.

"Ok everyone, a few things I have to let you know about today before the tour officially starts. This is the main foyer of the castle and as you can see, the rooms are open for your viewing pleasure. There will be a few rooms that have red ropes in front of them that you will not be able to enter. But please, do not let that stop you from taking as many pictures as you like," she told the group.

"Also I will be talking about the castle's long and distinguished history from as far back as 1274, so if I need to speak up for anyone please let me know. Also if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me," she told them as she started the tour.

As the tour went on, Adam pretended to be interested in the history of the castle as Kevin snapped away feverishly. Kristine was very informative, and to her credit, had extensive knowledge of the place. He knew from the briefing back at the compound that she grew up here but she definitely knew what she was talking about.

"Now this ladies and gentlemen is one of two special entrances that the occupants of Predjama castle took great pride in," she told the group as she opened a large floral painting.

Kevin took a picture of the medium sized opening with a red rope in front of it. It appeared to be rock but that couldn't be right.

"Predjama castle was not only built into the face of the cliff but the architect saw to it that the caves were combined into the design. They have been used as an added shelter, a party area, and in one case in the 15th century this one was used as an escape route for Knight Erazem Lueger when the castle was under siege. This particular entrance leads to a small river about five kilometers north of here," Kristine said with a small bit of delight.

"Um -- excuse me Kristine, you said there were two of these cave entrances. Where is the other one?" Kevin asked.

"Actually it's in the front of the castle, off to one side. I usually save that one for the end of the tour because of the unique rock formation around the entrance," she told him.

"I should let everyone know something that I should have told you at the beginning of the tour. Predjama castle is one of the top ten haunted castles in Europe. Now I have actually stayed in the castle and I can assure you that you might see or hear things as we go along, but please don't be alarmed," Kristine added and then looked right at Kevin.

"I don't think Baldomr Purgstall or his wife Nevanka mean any harm," she said in a softer voice.

Kevin suddenly had a cold chill overtake his entire body as he heard the name -- Baldomr Purgstall. His grandmother Marta had mentioned that name about six times before her death. She deemed it necessary to instill the family lineage into his memory at every chance.

Kevin knew it was no coincidence that she stared right at him as she spoke the name. The cold chill was suddenly replaced with fear. Did she know about him? Did she know that he was a werewolf, a monster capable of killing a human being within seconds? Now he understood why she acted so funny when they first met.

"Um -- excuse me Miss. Can you elaborate on this Baldomr person?" a woman asked from the group.

"Why yes, Baldomr and Nevanka Purgstall were the last known inhabitants of Predjama Castle. It is rumored that Nevanka's first husband was killed by a pack of wolves and she soon married Baldomr. The town's people said the he had something to do with it, but no proof was ever found."