To Love a Were Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well sweetie... Vanilla sex is probably the most romantic kind of love making but also the most boring depending on how you look at it. It just means that the man is usually on top and the couple doesn't do anything that is umm... adventurous," she said with a small giggle. "Now, why would a little girl like you want to know about sex hmm?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Is... is it true that sex is not a tabooed subject within the pack?" she asked, feeling her cheeks burn slightly with embarrassment. "Then... then it's alright for me to ask right?" Pearl gave a laugh as she passed Fiona the stirring spoon.

"Stir that in a clockwise direction until I say stop," she said settling herself on a stool nearby. "Well sweetie, it's true that our pack has a very open concept regarding our bodies. When we shift back to human form, we're always naked and it doesn't disturb us to see each other that way. As for sex, it's common for un-mated Weres to seek each other out. I'm sure you've seen some of the female wolves in heat before so you'll know what I mean."

"Uh, yes... Eian's told me all that. But... it doesn't seem like he behaves the same way as the other wolves. I mean... he's so cold and strict. Even his smiles are icy in a way... so very unlike you or Dominic or Amber... all of you are so passionate and fiery in your emotions. I... I thought all Werewolves are like that you know? Aggressive, passionate, sensual creatures."

Pearl got up from her stool and took the bowl of icing sugar in front of Fiona. As she scooped them up little by little, she smiled and patted Fiona's head. "Being young has its perks... just like you, as I have heard. A temperamental young woman, passionate, aggressive and sensual I am sure. Oh yes... Sydney told me all about what happened the other day. She was quite taken in by you, I must say." Pearl laughed as she walked away to place the used bowls in the sink. "You shouldn't think that Alpha's not all that too. It's just that he has lived for many centuries; even more than any of us here and thus had more time to learn how to control his wolf's wild side. Don't be too hard on him darling... I know he can get quite cold at times but he needs you," she added with a beam.

"What would he need me for? I'm quite useless at housework as it goes... he does his own cooking and even his own dishes and laundry." Pearl gave a loud chuckle as she heard Fiona's reply.

"He just hasn't figured it out yet. He will in time," she said gently. "Here, come help me pour the batter out. We're gonna put it in the oven now."

As the cake baked in the oven, Fiona couldn't help but be drawn by the delicious smell wafting from it. She insisted on washing used bowls and utensils when she saw how swollen Pearl's ankles were and told her to sit down.

When she was done, the two women went into the living room to rest on the couch. Fiona could see that Pearl was really exhausted and she seemed also to be in some pain.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm okay... don't worry about it."

However, Fiona felt unsure. She could sense something coming. She got to Pearl in time to see a gush of water coming from between her legs.

"Oh my god!" she gasped.

"No...it's okay sweetie... it's just my water bag. Get... get my phone," said Pearl as she tried to hold in her pain. "Call... call husband..." she gasped. Fiona scrolled down to find Mike's name and rattled on to him about what happened before scrolling down to call Amber and Dominic. She was about to look for Eian's name when Big Mike came at the door, lifting Pearl into his arms.

"I'm here baby," he said as he lifted her into his car. "Sweetie, can you go down to my house and get the big bag at the foot of our bed? There's a change of clothes and some other maternity stuff there. I'll see you later at the hospital," said Mike very quickly before he sped off.

The cake was totally forgotten as Fiona rushed out of the house and ran over to Pearl's house. A few minutes later, with the bag in hand, she ran back home, only to realize that she didn't know how to go to the hospital. Was it the same medical centre that they went the other day? How was she going to get there?

"I guess I could run... I'd better change to running shoes then," she sighed, rushing back to her own house.

When she opened the house door, she saw that the cake was already taken out of the oven and cooling on a rack.

"Eian?" she called out. She heard some movement upstairs and waited until he appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Why didn't you call me?" he asked.

"I was about to but then Big Mike came and then he told me to get this bag and then I forgot..." she said apologetically.

He didn't reply her but went over to put the ingredients in the kitchen back into their respective compartments. "Next time, don't leave the oven unattended like that understand? It could be a fire hazard," he said casually when she entered the kitchen.

"It wasn't like I did it on purpose!" she scowled.

"When I leave the house, you are responsible for it, Fiona... how can I trust you to be alone at home if you end up burning it down?" he said calmly, turning to look at her. Her eyes were ablaze with anger.

"Everything happened so fast... it wasn't like I wanted to leave the oven like that!" she said furiously.

"I do not want to hear your excuses. Come, we're going to the hospital." He was tugging at her hand but she refused to budge.

"No! You are so unreasonable!" When Eian didn't reply her, she burst out, "You know what? That's it... you can go and take this bag to Pearl. I'm going home!"

Fiona was furious. Why was he blaming her for something she didn't do on purpose? Nothing she did seemed to please him. She stormed up to her room to change into her long coat and boots before storming downstairs and out the door without a backward glance. She knew that he was not following her but she didn't care. He was such an unreasonable prick.

Eian watched her leave the house and sighed. He didn't mean to thrash out his worry by snapping at her. Dominic was the one who had called him about Pearl... why hadn't she? Maybe she was right about going over to collect Pearl's things... but it didn't change the fact that she left the oven on without supervision. He had been so worried about her when he came in to find the house empty. She never went anywhere without telling him and he didn't like knowing that she could simply escape from his radar like that without him realizing it. He wouldn't give a damn even if the house burnt down as long as she was not in it. In fact, he wouldn't give a damn about anything in the world as long as she was safe.

He couldn't track her anymore... she was running too fast for his senses to pick up. With a sigh, he got to the couch to pull off the covers and dumped it in the wash. He'll deal with her later. First, he needed to get to the hospital.

It was almost déjà vu when he got out of his car and sensed the young Vampire coming towards him. Only this time, he did not attack.

"Your Excellency," he said with a slight bow. Eian could hear the slight tone of mocking in his voice but chose to ignore it for the time being. He had no time to waste on the Vampire.

"What do you want, young Culzean?" replied Eian coldly. "I must get inside quickly."

"You're alone?" asked Alaron in surprise, dropping all pretenses. "Where's Fiona?"

"She's run off home. I'm sure you can track her if you move now."

Alaron scowled at him. If he knew that Fiona wasn't with him, he wouldn't even bother with the formalities.

"I can't believe this! I've been coming here everyday for the past two weeks hoping to see her. I have no idea where the hell you've taken her."

"I'll forgive you for being so blunt only because we're in public. Be rude again to me and your head will be on the floor," whispered Eian before he turned to walk into the medical centre.

He made sure that the Vampire was gone before he continued walking because he didn't want a fight to happen inside the building for it would scare the patients. He continued walking until he reached the maternity wards. Dominic and Sydney were already there waiting anxiously.

"Hey Eian, she's delivering at the moment. Big Mike's with her," said Sydney with a smile. Eian returned her smile before looking at Dominic.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" he asked, much to their surprise.

"Oh... I don't think this is the place to discuss it, Eian," Dominic replied.

"How long were you going to put it off telling me then?" he answered coldly. Immediately Dominic knew his Alpha was annoyed. Perhaps it was best to tell him straight away.

"Forgive me, Alpha... Sydney and I have agreed to move in together and I am planning to purchase some land within the compound to build a house," he said quickly but carefully.

"Okay," he replied immediately. "Get your contractor to come to my home office tomorrow and I'll give you the lease."

Dominic frowned. Eian was really behaving weirdly. First he was demanding then he was all business-like. Did he have a fight with Fiona? He looked around and saw that she was nowhere in sight.

"Darling, could you go to the cafeteria and get me and Eian some coffee? I wanna talk to him alone," whispered Dominic to Sydney. When she had gotten up and gone, Dominic went over to his friend and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Want to talk about it?" he asked slowly. Eian turned and gave a sigh.

"I'm sorry I snapped earlier. I guess I am not used to having her around. She's very difficult to control." Dominic didn't need to know who 'she' was.

"I don't think she'd like being controlled either, Eian... I mean she's still young and she didn't get a chance to grow up in the pack... so I guess she doesn't understand what it means to yield to an Alpha."

"Maybe..." he replied but didn't say anything more.

Meanwhile, Sydney was sitting at the cafeteria taking a sip of her own coffee, hoping to buy more time for the men. It was then that she noticed the white haired woman sitting alone in a corner. She seemed so sad.

"Umm, hi. I'm Sydney. We've met before haven't we?" she asked, trying to sound cheerful. Fiona looked up and smiled.

"I know you... you're the pretty lady who came to our house the other day," she replied. Sydney wasn't sure if that was a good sign or not.

"I apologize if it caused you any inconvenience, Miss MacFarlane...it's just that I was..."

"My name is Fiona," she said, before Sydney could finish her sentence. "And I'm not one of those MacFarlanes..." she added unhappily. Sydney was taken aback by the woman's reply.

"Okay, Fiona, can I sit down here?" she asked instead. When Fiona nodded, Sydney smiled. "Are you excited about Pearl's babies?" she asked, trying to change the subject. Thankfully, it worked for Fiona's eyes lit up instantly as she nodded.

"But I think she won't let us near them yet. It's a wolf thing. She wants no one else to cloud their scents," replied Fiona. "Are you having babies too?" she asked with a frown.

"Am I what? No... I don't think so," she replied defensively.

"You smell... different," said Fiona with a confused look. "You smell... like yourself... but with another scent..." she said, giving a whiff. Sydney felt self-conscious. "Like Dominic!" she suddenly said in an outburst.

"Ah, yes... well, we've mated so I guess I carry some of his scent on me now," she replied with a smile.

Fiona looked at Sydney curiously. "Mated?"

Sydney gave a surprise gasp, "You don't know what I mean?" Fiona shook her head. Sydney felt herself blushing. Was she really about to explain to another woman what it meant to mate?

"It's actually quite embarrassing for me to say... But here goes: Mating is really a physical knot that wolves have when they uh... make love. But I'd prefer to think of it more like a special bond you have with your partner. For Weres, it's a very important connection that they have with their mate to whom they want to spend their entire lives with. Dominic called out to me and I responded to his mating call. Some would think of it as destiny or fate maybe, I don't know."

"That's so romantic," said Fiona with tears in her eyes. "Are you going to marry him?"

Sydney gave a laugh and nodded, "But don't tell him okay? It's a secret between you and me. Can you keep it?" she asked with a kind smile. Fiona smiled and nodded her head. "So why are you here alone, Fiona?" she asked gently after awhile.

"I wanted to see Pearl too but I can tell that he is around so I refuse to go near the delivery room."

"Eh? You don't mean Eian do you?"

"That's him alright. I'm not going anywhere near him."

Sydney frowned. Was she being temperamental as she had been the other time? "Did you two fight?"

"Something like that. He accused me of something I didn't do on purpose. I tried to explain but he didn't seem to want to listen to me. I have to do everything that he says. That's just not fair isn't it?" she said sulkily. Sydney felt sorry for the other woman. She wasn't sure what their relationship was but from the way Fiona described it, it sounded very much like the lovers' quarrel that she and Dominic always had... although some would consider it precursor to making up by making out.

"Well... do you want me to make a suggestion?" she asked kindly. Fiona looked up into Sydney's green eyes and nodded. "Well... I guess you've got to make the first move then. If you want him to listen then you've got to make sure he listens. But that said, I think it's best you let the anger die down for now. With a clear mind, you'll be able to think clearly." When Fiona still looked sad, Sydney got up and offered her a hand. "Come on. I'll bring you over to my home for tonight okay? We'll do some girly stuff. Come to think of it, even I need to some girly stuff."

She pulled Fiona along into her car and geared up the engine. Before they left, she called Dominic.

"Darling, listen... I'll drop by your place tomorrow to see the babies okay? Send Pearl my love. I'm going home tonight with Fiona to do some girl stuff so don't you come over understand? Oh yeah, keep this to yourself okay? She doesn't want Eian to know," said Sydney, winking at Fiona. Fiona could hear Dominic swearing at her on the other line but she simply cut him off with an 'I love you' and drove off.

***