I Fell in Love with a Ghost

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qhml1
qhml1
8,990 Followers

I leaned back with a sigh.

"Thank you for lunch. I think I'm going to need a nap now."

He just smiled.

"Oh no, not happening. You're here to broaden your horizons, remember? Now, run along to the restroom. I see your hands trembling, text your friends back and meet me out front. I'm about to put something exciting between your legs."

Huh?

Before I could frame an answer, he was striding towards the door.

It took me five minutes to text back, giving cryptic messages, following his advice from the night before. Let them use their imagination to fill in the blanks.

I walked outside, not seeing him. There was some guy on the chopper we had noticed going in, wearing a black t shirt and matching bandana, talking to Heather. I walked towards her looking around for him. When I got close, I almost had a heart attack. He got off the bike and met me.

"There you are, babe. I was starting to worry. Look, it's your friend Heather. She wants me to give her a ride, what do you think?"

I glared at Heather until she flushed slightly. Claim jumping little bitch, she better back off. I reached up, pulled his head down, and gave him a nice kiss. He covered his surprise with a grin.

"We don't have time right now, sweetie. Maybe later. Now Heather, I'd love to stay and talk, but we're running just a bit late. See you at work Monday."

She stuttered through a goodbye and walked down the street.

He was pulling something off the side of his bike. A helmet.

He put it on me gently.

"Why do I have to wear a helmet?" I asked.

"Because this is your first time. You should always wear protection your first time."

He grinned while I processed the innuendo laced statement.

"Besides, it'll make you feel safer. And I'm always careful when I'm transporting precious cargo."

I blushed all the way down to my toes.

I hesitated.

"I'm afraid. What if it scares me too much or I don't like it?"

"Then I'll stop immediately. I'll go around the block first, make sure you can handle it. But you have to get on, Heather is down the street snapping pictures like mad. You'll look like the scared little girl you think you are if you don't at least go round the block."

I made a decision and took the helmet off.

"Let's give her a show then. I think I can make it around the block without a helmet."

Hi grinned again.

"Turn around."

Wondering why, I complied. I felt his hands in my hair, pulling and tugging for a couple of minutes.

"There. All done. Look in the mirror, tell me what you think."

I looked. He had done my hair in a braid, just like his, down to matching leather ties.

"Unrestrained hair doesn't work on a bike. After a mile your hair would give Jamaican corn rows a run for their money. It would take you days to get the tangles out."

"Now, when you get on, sit still. Don't wiggle, try to stay directly behind me. I'll go slow, but feel free to hold tight."

I climbed behind him, feeling the vibrations from the motor against my bottom.

After a few seconds to let me settle, he let the clutch out and we rolled gently away. We were half way down the block when he suddenly hit the gas. I shrieked and scooted as tightly as I could into his back. He slowed down half a block later, turned the corner, and pulled over. I was breathing heavily.

"Heather was still snapping pictures, so I goosed it. I hope she got the shot, especially of you practically climbing my back."

"Asshole! You scared the shit out of me."

I realized what I said and tried to apologize but he cut me off.

"Don't. I didn't take offense. And if we spend any more time together, I expect you to voice your feelings and opinions like the confident woman you should be. Understand?"

I nodded.

"Now, do you want me to take you back to your car, or would you like a ride?"

I couldn't wait and told him so. He made me put the helmet back on, to my disappointment.

"You don't have eye protection, and it would make me feel safer. Next time, if you want, I'll get you some goggles, all right?"

I would have agreed to anything to ensure a next time.

..................................................

I was nervous, but it was controllable. Soon the vibrations and the wind calmed me, and I enjoyed it immensely. We soon left the city limits behind. An hour later he was pulling into the fairgrounds of a neighboring county. The parking lot was packed, and getting fuller.

People stopped and watched as we parked. I was taking my helmet off when a couple of young girls, late teens at best, came by.

"Nice ride" one said.

I grinned. "Yes he is, and the bike is fun, too."

Shrieking with laughter, they ran towards the grandstand. I turned around to see him laughing.

"There you go! Kind of fun saying what's on your mind, isn't it?"

"Glorious. Now where are we?"

"Carver County Blues Festival. Some nice bands, but I really want to see a new duo, Freeman Feelbad, Jr. and Sweet Thang. You should see their stuff on Youtube."

I was never into music that much, so I had no idea what the blues were. By the third act I was a fan. When the act he wanted to see came on, I was impressed. The woman looked to be about thirty, and I'd bet the man was over forty, but their voices were good, and they blended perfectly. She was a gifted guitar player, but he did things with slide guitar that was amazing. They closed their set with a Romi Mayes song, After The Show, the mans' slide guitar work complimenting her rhythm work perfectly. It brought the crowd to its' feet. They came back later, apparently they were part of a band called Hatchett Job, another guitar player, keyboard, and drummer. Almost everyone sang lead, and the harmonies were amazing.

Before I knew it I was dancing in the aisle, flinging my hair and wriggling to the beat. I looked up and saw him smiling, and just kept dancing. He bought us both tee shirts on the way out.

"Damn, I wish I'd put this on." I said, as we moved towards the dark parking lot.

"What's stopping you? Step behind that building, no one will see you. And if they do, I'm sure they'll enjoy it."

I could see the challenge in his eyes.

"Watch for me" I said, unbuttoning my shirt. I turned my back, slipping the shirt off and tossing it over my shoulder. "Catch! I giggled.

I was just slipping the tee over my head when I heard clapping and cheering. I popped my head out to see four guys and two girls standing there. I was red, but I did a little curtsey.

"Next show is at ten" I yelled, as I strutted back to my man. My man? Did I ever like the sound of that.

He gave me a big hug. "I'll have to file away you like the color pink" he said, referencing my bra.

"You peeked?" I gasped.

"No, babe. I stared. Very nice view, too."

I was hoping he didn't see my blush in the dark.

................................................

In due time he delivered me back to my car in the parking lot of The Bistro, kissed my cheek, and roared off. I was disappointed, before reality hit. To him I was just a foolish little girl, playing at being grownup.

I called him the next afternoon, but it went to message. I didn't see him until Tuesday night at the bar.

He had his usual table and stood as I approached. Damn, I could get used to manners. He kissed my cheek. I had had enough of that foolishness, so I pulled him into a long kiss.

"I'm not a baby, Ghost. Stop kissing me like one."

He grinned. "Instructions noted. Have a good day at work?"

"Wonderful! Let me tell you about it."

I wasn't at work fifteen minutes before Heather was all over me.

"Spill! Who is he? Where did he come from? Is he in good in bed as he looks?"

I grinned.

"Nosey much? We're like the military. I didn't ask, he didn't tell. We had a ball after you saw us, you should really should get someone to give you a motorcycle ride. The feeling is awesome! Look."

I showed her a photo on my phone. Me, sitting on the bike, wearing my blues shirt, the tail tied tightly below my boobs, He had put his bandana on me, I thought I looked wild and sexy, like a real biker babe.

She was awed.

"So, are you his bitch now?"

"No" I giggled, "at least not yet. Working on it, though."

She snatched my phone and sent it out to all our friends. I didn't know it, but she sent one to my ex. My phone went off all morning. I spent all my break and most of my lunch answering texts.

I called him Monday night.

"Hi." I said, suddenly getting tongue tied.

"Hey" he said, in that warm Southern drawl, "how's my adventure partner tonight?"

"Looking for another adventure. Wanna go for a drink?"

"I'd love to, Miss Kelly, but I'm out of town. I had some business to take care of. I should be back by tomorrow, but I'm not sure enough to say."

I was disappointed.

"Maybe tomorrow then. I downloaded a bunch of blues songs today, it's all I've listened to."

I could feel his smile over the phone.

"Good. I'll share some of my favorites next time we're together. I've got to run now, I'll see you later."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Sweet dreams Miss Kelly."

The next day I was surprised to see Ron standing at my cubicle. I looked at him, trying to decide if I was still sad that he had dumped me. No, not really. He was right. I was dull. But I'm working on it, too bad he won't get the benefit.

"Ron, hi. What's up?"

He stood for a minute before showing my picture on his phone.

"Was there a point to this?" He actually sounded a bit upset.

"I'm sorry Ron. Really. Heather had my phone yesterday, she must have sent it. It doesn't mean anything, the bike belongs to my date that night. He took the picture."

I don't know what upset him more, the fact that I was dating, or that I was dating someone with a cool bike. Why should he care?

"Well, nice bike."

He stood around for just a minute.

"Anything else, Ron?"

He shook himself.

"No. See you later, then."

"Bye."

I watched him go, wondering about the whole exchange.

................................................

The Ghost grinned when I told him.

"He's jealous. He expected you to mope and feel pitiful, and you shook yourself and jumped right back into the dating game. Does he know it's me?"

"Were we on a date Saturday?"

He looked surprised.

"Of course we were. I asked you out. You accepted. We dined, attended an event. I think that qualifies, don't you?"

"Definitely. A very nice date. It was so nice I'd like another, please. Give me another nice surprise. And he has no idea who it was."

His smile was priceless.

"I'll see what I can do. In fact..."

He stopped, looking behind me. Heather. What was her deal, anyway?

"Heather" I said, noncommittally. She took that as an invitation and plopped down. Seeing it, Cindy was soon there, and then Janey. The little table became really crowded. He was polite, but I could sense his irritation. Janey was on one side, Heather on the other, and they were both bringing out the big guns, touching, flashing cleavage. Damned cows.

He stood suddenly.

"Excuse me."

He walked around the table, pulled me up, and led me back across to his chair. He sat back down, pulling me down onto his lap.

"That's better. Now everyone has a little more room. Much more comfortable, don't you think, honey?"

"Definitely" I coed, "I like the upholstery a lot better." I wiggled sensually for a second.

"But there's a hard lump in the middle. Oh well, if I wiggle enough I can find a comfortable spot for it."

The girls were glowing, and he had a slight blush, even as he grinned. I stopped wiggling, suddenly aware there really was a lump underneath me. I turned red, but his arm kept me firmly anchored. Every time I'd start to calm down he'd rock forward a little.

We talked, I don't remember about what. He would caress my cheek, and I'd hold his hand and kiss it. The girls excused themselves after a bit and left us alone.

"Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh" I repeated over and over, like a mantra. One look at his face and I exploded. He gave in, and was laughing right with me.

"What was that all about?"

"Jealousy."

"Jealousy? Of what?"

"Come on, Miss Kelly. Tell me Heather hasn't always been the hot girl, used to getting the best guys and all the attention. Am I right?"

I nodded.

"She's jealous. All of a sudden you're not a follower. You've got something she thought you incapable of, and she can't understand why you have it and not her. That's what tonight was all about, to see how serious I am about you."

I started getting mad. He stopped me.

"Relax. When I put you on my lap she took the hint. But I'd bet you my motorcycle she'll wait until you're not around and make a run at me."

"I'll yank that fake blond hair out of the bitch's head!"

He took my hand.

"Don't. I think I'll string her along, make her think I'm being swayed, then dump her for you. That'll give her a reality check."

"I don't like it" I said stubbornly.

"Why?"

Because I want you. You're mine, understand? Because I'm afraid you'll like her more and I won't be able to keep up. Her boobs are bigger, she's prettier, and I bet she knows a lot more tricks than I do.

I didn't say any of that of course. What I did say was that I wasn't comfortable being that cruel. Instead of an argument, he smiled.

"You passed."

"What?"

"You passed the integrity test. You're a lot more mature than you give yourself credit for. Now, it's time to ramp up the wow factor."

"I'm afraid to ask."

He eyed me critically.

"When was the last time you changed your hairstyle, got new clothes, shoes, a makeover? Do you own any sexy lingerie, cute shorts, belly shirts? Cast off your rags, Cinderella. Time to go to the ball."

He kissed me after another half hour and stood to leave.

"I'll be out of town again tomorrow until next week. Sorry, can't be helped. Call me, and we'll talk."

A little kiss and he was gone. The tribe was ready for me when I joined their table. Heather was a little catty. I thought it was funny.

.................................................

I called him almost every night. After the fourth call he started calling me. We talked. Talked about everything. When he asked me how I saw my dream life being I was embarrassed.

"It's kind of dull."

"If it's your dream, it can't be too dull. Spill."

I took a deep breath.

"Ron was right about a lot of things. One of them was telling me I should find a man, marry, pop out a couple babies, and be a housewife. I know it's terribly old fashioned, especially when todays' standard of living almost requires two incomes, but it's still my dream. I want to take care of the house, nuture my babies, and love my man with all my heart. You can go ahead and laugh now."

There was enough silence I wondered if the call got dropped.

"Ghost, are you still there?"

His voice sounded a little raw, like he was trying to stifle something.

"Yes, yes I'm here. And it's a beautiful dream, baby. I hope it comes true one day. I have to go now, we'll talk some tomorrow."

Before he rang off I heard something that sounded suspiciously like a sob. I stared at the phone, wondering.

The next night I told him abut my old dream of being a financial analyst, how I had to drop out of college when the money ran out, how much I hated my job. Instead of pretending to humor me, he led me into a two hour discussion on finance, the debacle Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac turned out to be, and how the housing boom, based on thin air and exaggerated numbers, spurred on by savvy Wall Street investors and terrible leadership from Greenspan had lead to our current situation.

"Damn, Miss Kelly, it's almost midnight. You need to sleep, work tomorrow and all that. Good night."

"Ghost?" I said in a little girl voice.

"Yes?"

"Would you stop calling me Miss Kelly? It makes me feel like I'm fourteen."

"Sorry, I never thought. Anything special you'd like me to call you?"

"I really like it when you call me babe, but if you just drop the miss, it'll be fine."

"I could feel his grin through the phone.

"all right then. Goodnight, babe."

I held the phone smiling for two minutes before I hung up.

He finished his trip early, to my delight. He never said where he went, and I knew better to ask.

We met at the bar. The bartenders had started treating me a little better. They would have my drink ready when I walked in the door, and would have it on his table, whether he was there or not. I could tell this irritated Heather no end.

I had always been her wingman, getting her leftovers and castoffs from college onward. The fact that I had stepped out of her shadow was something she had a hard time with.

He had called to tell me he was in town, and asked me to meet him at the bar. I wore my new black skirt, two inches shorter than I had ever owned, and it still looked conservative. I had a new blouse on, red, silky and shining. I left open two buttons more than I had ever done before.

The approval in his eyes made it worth every dime.

"Damn Kelly, you really are a babe. Nice outfit."

I laughed it off.

"This old thing? I've had it for..." I looked at my watch, "about two days."

His hug and the light kiss he gave me made me feel boneless.

"Do you have a nice evening dress? If not, get one. We have an event to attend tomorrow."

"What kind of event?"

"One that's a surprise. I'll pick you up at seven, all right?"

Before I could ask anymore questions the girls invaded. Before they could pull up another chair I hopped into his lap. Heather looked like she had kissed a pickle.

"So, are you going with Kelly to the company picnic next week? If she's busy, you're welcome to join us."

"Picnic, next week?" He had a glint of interest in his eye. I locked down on his hand.

"I was going to tell you tonight, honey. Rest up, I want to win the three legged race."

He gave them a smile.

"We'll see you there, then."

They took their cue and left.

"Company picnic?" He said, with a raised eyebrow.

"Were you going to invite me?"

"No, because I wasn't going. I never have a good time."

"Well, babe, you're going now. I'll make sure we have fun."

He turned serious again.

"Don't forget. Tomorrow. Seven. Formal."

He gave me a nice kiss and disappeared.

................................................

Back at the table, I told them I had to get a formal dress tomorrow for my date. Cindy and Jane volunteered to go, so Heather decided to come along.

"Someone needs to keep you out of the clutches of these fashion clowns."

She was smiling, but I could tell she had offended them.

The shopping trip was a disaster. Heather tried to steer us away from the best shops, and made some suggestions on dresses that looked horrible. I was about to give up and come back by myself, when Cindy held up a dress.

"This one" she said.

A little black dress, simplicity at its' best. A full skirt falling two inches below my knee, the bodice clung to me like it had been custom tailored. Even Heater was impressed, though she tried to hide it. It even gave me a little cleavage. Just to make me feel more confident, I got new lace topped thigh highs, new four inch heels, and absolutely the tiniest black thong I had ever worn.

I did my hair up in a French twist, applied my makeup three times before I was satisfied, and waited. At six fifty five a Cadillac Escalade pulled up, and a man in a suit walked up the sidewalk. Was he sending a driver? I figured we would be taking my car.

Opening the door, I stood, shocked. The suit had to be designer, and fit him very well. His hair was done neatly, minimizing the length. While I was studying him, he was gazing openmouthed at me.

He leaned in and gave me a light kiss, careful of my makeup.

"Very nice, babe, very nice indeed."

qhml1
qhml1
8,990 Followers