Magical Christmas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I am fine today, Lord Gerard. Thank you for your hospitality. I understand how undeserving I am to your kindness, but we have to make the best of every situation now don't we?" She indicated her mutual agreement to his slogan; something that The Baron himself valued the most and always taught his children. However phony it sounded, it was still undoubtedly the right choice of sentence after the whole month being there, and it truly represented her feelings. His beaming grew brighter to that. Nodding an approval, he added, "Yes, what's past is past, that's what I've been instilling to the youngsters. You are quick to catch on. My dear, should you need anything, please do not hesitate to come to me."

She returned the smile courteously across the table. Nathan's hand had been blanketing her right hand on the table, and she was thankful to that because she felt her anxiety was appeased by his supportive warmth. Patrick's face expressed indifference but she knew he was secretly wishing he could do the same. Well, this one can't be helped.

"We are discussing the timeline to our wedding plans, Becca," Nathan informed her, nodding towards the piece of paper that Jack had been holding his pencil against on the table.

"What? And I wasn't told ahead?" Her eyes gapped open at him.

"Oh we were just started. I didn't want to alert you till we could propose a full plan recommendation to you." She didn't seem satisfied with that just yet, this was her wedding afteral, and felt alienated.

"Yes, we didn't want to bother you till we could give you clearer picture from our point of view. The final approval will still be in your hands, however," Patrick kindly explained.

"Don't worry, My Dear. I will make sure these boys treat you well and fairly. Should they be mean to you, don't hesitate to tell me; well at least from this moment on," Lord Gerard kindly added to her too. She maintained what she hoped was a polite thankful smile, which was hard because her mind was muddled with unexplainable mixes of emotions. "Thank You, Lord Gerard." A glint of light flew past Nathan's deep eyes but disappeared quickly and he was back to his sweet manner. Seems everybody on this earth is very artificially polished, she thought.

"Okay now we were at the date of a Possible Plan to visit Rebecca's parents for the first time," Jack interjected, trying to steer the group back to their initial meeting agenda. The Baron had much more things to do today before his obnoxious Secretary, William, arrived to pick him up. The secretary had not been the boys' favorite, but he did take perfect care of The Baron's business, and that was everything that mattered to the business at the moment.

She turned her gaze to Jack and his piece of paper on the table, eager to hear the men's opinion. But they all had sensed her discomfort, so Nathan squeezed her hand and asked, "Do you have any recommendation or objection about the meeting, Becca?"

"No, I'm curious to hear your point of views, Please. Any input would be valuable, now that I think of it, I have no experience in wedding arrangement matters," she just realized that now. This meeting might well serve as a guidance, or a starter perhaps. They seemed relieved of her response.

"Yes, the sooner we get to meet them in person is the better. But for effectiveness sake, I would suggest some gentler approach," Patrick sounded reasonable. She nodded agreement while the others pondered in their own thoughts.

"I don't know about the trend nowadays, but isn't there some professional help available for such arrangements?" Lord Gerard demanded of his boys. "Yes, but still, before bringing the wedding matter forward, we have to point a representative from our own side. Someone who understands the tradition and would prepare them to accept the fact that Nathan is marrying her. Preferably someone who also knows both families well," Patrick paused for a while, realizing the problem. The Baron had been alone for many years now apart from him and Nathan. They practically had no more relative left.

"Well...," Lord Gerard turned his attention to Jack now, the others followed. Jack, realizing the sudden change of attention, cleared his throat in embarrassment; he had been close to them like a family. "Well... Nancy's family knows the traditions well, but I don't think that's necessary, these days they just skip a part or two and chime the bells."

"Yes but this is a special case, Jack. Please do consider again, is there any special approach taken by feuding families to marry the children?" Patrick grinned over the silliness of his own question.

"Back in those days they just eloped," Jack scoffed and shook his head.

She appreciated the concern they regarded her parents with. They sounded sincere. But, no matter how pathetic these men sounded, her parents deserved a respectfully gentle approach.

"Anything is possible. But my condition is only one; never disguise Nathan as someone else. They are bound to know the truth sooner or later," his hands clasped on the table, Lord Gerard looked fragile but wise. The "representative" job sounded like a perfect spot for her. Who else could assure her parents better than she did?

"If I may add, I doubt they would like the idea of me marrying Nathan at all, but I am their daughter. They, and everybody else, should know that nothing can stop this wedding," She reminded.

"Yes, My Dear, but we have to give them some respect, by allowing them space and time to react negatively at first. Then we have to make them like him, naturally of course," The Baron mildly explained. She didn't like the idea of "allowing first negative reaction" at all, her parents were rather hard to convince, but he seemed sincere, and she didn't have the heart to snap at his idea directly. She looked at Nathan, and then back at them. Slumping back to the seat, she felt her head spinning from the dilemma, "How I wish we could just make up stories..."

"Now Dear, they have full rights to know the truth. I will be fine," He squeezed her hand, then looked at Lord Gerard, "Father, I believe I can face them myself. Besides, no offense Jack, it would be inappropriate if Nancy were to suddenly appear in between all this." Jack appeared relieved.

"I could come too," Patrick offered.

She didn't know what to say, now that they were discussing her parents like a well-respected enemy. How she wished she could just disappear with Nathan. Everybody stayed silent for a short minute, raking their brains.

"Don't make rash decisions, Son. It is not that I doubt your ability to present yourself, but this is a matter that's related to the past, and I am the only Guardian to your side," the calm expression soothed everybody, they had no doubt that The Baron would give his best for everybody's benefit.

"So I strongly recommend that we meet them together for the first time. Patrick may stay behind, to prevent overcrowding. Before that, of course, Rebecca has to lure them into meeting Nathan. Avoid story fabrication as much as possible, Dear, because it is not good to lie to parents," He looked directly into her eyes as he said this. She found it hard to execute this plan, because surely she couldn't tell the whole truth about their crime in abducting and raping her for a whole month. But she nodded to placate him, taking mental note that she'd have to fabricate this part as artificially as possible. Nathan squeezed her hand on the table, "I can help you practice this part if necessary." She nodded. Yes, they need to discuss this in private.

"Good idea. Shall we set Lord Gerard's visit date to December 30th?" Jack jotted down the date on his pad when everybody murmured their agreement.

"And... which date should we set for the official engagement party?" They all looked at each other, blinking once. Here comes the hard question.

"It should not be too soon as to reduce the pressure, but not too far away... you know what I mean...," Patrick said this as he looked at both Nathan and Rebecca. She knew he was talking about the possible pregnancy.

"But... I'm not yet...," she blushed, "carrying...," then pretended a cough to conceal her embarrassment. Jack and Nathan grinned. Lord Gerard looked concerned though. He frowned and gently added, "It does not really matter, does it, Nathan?" then brushed his eyes towards Nathan, who nodded, "Yes, it does not matter, but I would prefer the wedding to be as soon as possible, if it is okay with Rebecca..." He turned to look at her. She knew he was asking her approval to push forward her wedding. Knowing full well that the preparation might not be enough for such a speedy wedding, she noted that she didn't really need it to be grand after all, and just wanted to be with him as soon as possible.

"I don't need a grand wedding, actually. Sooner or later they must accept the fact that I'm marrying you," she got over her embarrassment pretty quick because this point was much more important to her. Sleeping beside him had been an addictive ritual, staying with him was something that she must never lose. Yes, she didn't want to miss a day without him, she could die of desperation! He saw the worry in her eyes, and squeezed her hand again.

"Well, then since we've all agreed to make it as quick as possible, I suggest the wedding date should be within one or two months time," he turned to the others. They kept silent for one long minute, realizing that one or two months might come as a bit of shock to her parents.

Her eyes sparkled with hope. Patrick noticed that from across the table. His most beloved girl was happy to marry his brother, and that was all that mattered to him. Stepping down for Nathan and Rebecca was not a mistake after all.

"Yes, that might be a shock to them, but we could help them adjust, and also help with the preparation as much as possible. I suppose, Father, it means that you might have to be troubled by our event more," He was not exaggerating, Lord Gerard knew that well. Wedding preparation matters could be a great hassle, especially one that involved urgent timing. He never liked surprises himself, but apart from his interest in maintaining a clean reputation, seeing the way Nathan and Rebecca looked at each other, sincerely he just wanted them to be quickly reunited in the holy matrimony, and be happy together.

"What do you think, My Dear?" His voice was very mild towards her, whom had won his affection; her opinion was the only thing that mattered now.

"I'm sorry, I forgot you are a busy man, Lord Gerard. That's very selfish of me," She hesitated for a while, not wanting to be a burden to him.

"Don't worry about that. It is very important to me too, I want my heirs to be legitimate you know," He smiled, radiating light air of wisdom and sincerity that helped her ease the embarrassment of discussing her pregnancy. The facts that he stated had been purely relevant and sincere.

"Precisely. I don't see the need to delay it any further, but it is really all up to you, Becca," Nathan's impatience was dangling in his eyes. He was dying to marry her, and couldn't bear the thought that her parents might snatch her away from him again. The paranoia was sensible; they had been spending years just to penetrate through her parents' protective barrier around her. It was a hell of long years full with careful planning and sacrifice, and he just couldn't lose her again this time.

"I don't mind the sudden wedding, as I said before, twice," She observed the men without blinking. They seemed worried and still looking at her hopefully, needing her reassurance. She really thought it was unnecessary; she was an adult now, her parents must respect that.

"One month is very rushed timing even for a simple wedding, mind you. But I fully back it, because of my interest just now. Don't forget the fact that you will be bearing my name all over. It is another set of responsibility. I trust you, but nevertheless I need to brief you again later in private about my conditions," he said seriously at the couple, who nodded. Nathan had been fully trained about The Baron's conditions and expectations, he knew this man inside out, and was certain he could help her in adjustment. This small matter was nothing compared to the fear of losing her. One month it is, he could bear no longer than that.

She recognized the desperate look in Nathan's eyes and patted his hand soothingly. Her gentle giant was actually fragile inside, and most importantly, he loved her whole-heartedly. She had a very big task in front of her; to convince her parents and turn her life around. Marriage is a very big thing she knew that, but she also knew what she was doing. With him by her side, she had a whole new courage and strength in her.

The rest of the meeting had been like groping on a rope for lead. The men had only each other as family. The only extended family for them in future might be hers, and it was crucial for her folks to accept the orphans of Stephen and Marie's. Huge effort was made to convince them, including a huge amount of financing Lord Gerard had insisted Rebecca to take for the wedding. Nathan just grinned and led her to accept the cheque. She was speechless, but after his sincere explanation, she gave in. The show of good faith would hopefully please her parents. She prayed deeply.

When everybody else had left the room, Lord Gerard briefed her and Nathan again about the responsibilities as Gerard's Heirs. She listened intently and was glad that most of the conditions were completely sensible and agreeable. He was very generous when he outlined that they were allowed to live at her parents' home as much as they liked, if they'd approve of it, of course. However, she was fighting the urge to reject one part where alike Nathan, she and her children would have to be escorted outside home. This would be like another series of her parents' over-protective treatment all over again. She didn't like that lack of privacy, but was certain she could manage this sacrifice for the sake of their safety.

"It is uncomfortable at first, but you will get used to it, trust me. Besides, you guys have each other," the old man chuckled, admitting his own discomfort over the exaggerative security measure, and justified this point altogether. Nathan's eyes caressed her, and she soon was soothed down by that. Nothing else truly mattered than that look of love, actually.

When they were alone in bed, Nathan recounted a new shocking fact to her. The Baron was shot on the lower thigh once. A bullet missed his bone, but it was enough to confine him for a whole month. Her parents had been targeting on Nathan, but Lord Gerard protected the little boy. It happened right after his adoption paper was officially legitimized. Lord Gerard didn't report this, but added new rules to tighten securities both inside and outside his household. As long as the brothers were protected by his security measures, no harm would befall them.

She was grateful that Lord Gerard didn't hold grudge for too long. If she were him, she might not be as forgiving as this. Shame on her parents for committing such cowardly act; they had been trying to finish Nathan off, to ensure he couldn't pose any threat to her. But why didn't they fulfill the deed thoroughly?

"Our source detected their shock too; to find out that we were already under Lord Gerard's wings, and that the bullet caught him instead of me. They busied themselves erasing any evidence. Was unnecessary because we didn't pursue them," He caressed her shoulder absentmindedly in his arm.

She could guess the rest of the story. Lord Gerard couldn't bring this matter to court, for the sake of his reputation and prevented Nathan's false criminal record being dug up. He tried to protect his name while at the same time securing the boys' futures. But of course, his grief had led him to plan a murder on Marie's murderer; an eye for an eye. His love for Marie and the boys had blinded him.

"Our guards will be reduced. I shall send off my escorts as soon as we are within your perimeters, as a show of good faith. Father had consented to this. In fact, after the wedding, there will be only one man left for each of us. This should convince your parents that we have no intention to retaliate," The political tension made her very uncomfortable. How she wished the reality couldn't be as horrible.

Sighing, she stirred around to wrap her hand on top of his chest, two legs hugged one of his. "How did we all fall into this?" She wondered out loud, clearly in distress.

He inhaled the top of her head, rubbing his face on it, "Perhaps that's the only way destiny could bring us together." This fact was inevitable. Everything seemed to draw them closer to each other.

"Fate is a mysterious thing..." she stated, losing all logic as she felt the warmth radiated from his groin.

"If everything gets worse again, would you still love me?" she asked, looking up at him.

"I can't lose you again, you know that," he frowned.

"Yes, but we can't control everything all the time, you know," she said as a matter-of-factly.

"Yes, but I just can't lose you. Even if I have to lose others," His mind was made up. She had no idea when, but it sure sounded like a pact made long time ago.

"Correction, Nathan. If you love me, you would not harm my family. At least not without my consent," she demanded, observing his eyes.

"Yes of course", accepting her demand, he tried to absorb it completely.

After a long minute staring at his eyes, and satisfied herself that he truly meant this promise, she rested her head on his shoulder again. She had to make sure her parents would not harm the Gerards. But her approach must be gentle and firm altogether, making them understand would be very difficult. She loved both families. Staying neutral is tough, but she had to reconcile them.

"My head spins everytime I imagine talking to them about this," she admitted.

"They are your parents, and just worried about your wellbeing and safety. Besides, I will be nearby. Poking my nose in while you three chat might not be pleasant to them. But if you're really not ready, I will assist you while you talk," he caressed her shoulder again to soothe her down. She was somewhat relieved over the alternatives.

Sighing, she allowed herself drowse off. It was past midnight and the exhaustion started to numb her senses. Mumbling goodnight, her breathing turned shallower as the blissful sleep claimed her. He felt content watching her sleep.

It wasn't meant to be just "watching" though. The brush of her legs hugging his, felt very wonderful. Her breasts were warm and soft against his hard muscles. He could feel her silky softness just beneath the thin fabric. He had one full hell of hour trying to distract himself; stirring around a lot on bed, endlessly recalling all the methods of distraction he ever recognized. He even woke himself up and sat on the sofa, tuning the TV stations around. News and horror movies flooded the midnight programs. But nothing could help him now, or more precisely; "could help protect her from him".

Yes, he could protect her from anything, but nothing could protect her from him now. His animal lust just took over his discipline all the time. She wasn't very helpful when she told him about her rape fantasies either. Her words at the Sunny Room the other day, kept on ringing in his mind, stamping consent all over his dirty lust. Shutting his eyes and counting to 100 failed to bring down his agony.

Unaware of the coming danger, she sighed contentedly in her sleep, a tiny smile sweetened her face. He couldn't hold back his urges anymore. Climbing on top of her, he lifted away the hem of her gown, and slid her panties off of her legs. She didn't feel anything and was still on the verge of entering the dream gate. So was he going to enter her gate of paradise, rushing to strip off his own briefs, and pushed his tip to touch her dry vagina.