3 Families Vol. 02 Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RicoLouis
RicoLouis
746 Followers

Alex was right about her friends; she had several people who called themselves her friends but not a one she really trusted. Especially after a few had got her to go shopping with them and decided to shop lift and took off leaving her to take the blame even though she didn't have a thing on her. She thought of them more as distractions now. Her love life was about the same. Her first boyfriend had been there to comfort her when her mom got sick but had bailed the second they finally had sex so she hadn't really loved anyone since, not that she didn't enjoy sex which made her a slut since she wasn't a guy, then it would have been okay. Candy of course had dated the same guy through high school.

Sometimes she wished Alex would give up on her. She felt like a stubborn kid who kept jumping in the pool trying to swim and Alex was the life guard who refused to let her drown. She knew he was probably getting tired and frustrated jumping in which is why he had snapped at her. She just didn't need him fighting her fights for her. She slammed her books in her locker not even realizing she had reached her locker so deep in thought.

She glanced over to see Isabelle putting her books in her own locker as two boys were talking and snickering at her taking advantage of the fact that Jo wasn't around having no doubt headed for her class across campus. Izzy had it a little rough having been bumped from sophomore to junior. No one realized that academically that may have made sense, but socially she didn't fit in with her peers. Kitty could tell it was bothering her though she was pretending it didn't. Kitty knew because that had been her two years ago but instead of glasses Kitty had a knee brace and those damn awful braces. Kitty had been pushed one too many times and ended up taking martial art because her dad wouldn't let her learn boxing from Uncle Frank. She could hear Alex's voice in her head. "When was the last time you gave a damn about someone other than yourself?"

"Fuck it." Kitty said slamming her locker and walking over. "Hey you two Idiots."

"You talking to us?" One of them said; he was big tall and goofy looking. Well one of them knew his name she thought, that must be the smart one.

"Tell me are you stupid are just plain suicidal." She grinned.

"What's that mean?" The other spoke up with a bit of a drool in his voice. She realized it was the same asshole how had bumped into her earlier, a want to be gangster who listened to too much rap music.

"That's Alex's cousin you're messing with." She glanced over and smiled at Izzy. Not to mention if Jo was here they both already be flat on their asses.

"So." Goofy said.

"So he put the last asshole who messed with her in the hospital." Kitty grinned crossing her arms. Kitty knew she herself wasn't intimidating in the least at only five foot four.

"Oh you going to tell on us I am so scared." Goofy said. Gangster was being quiet; he clearly remembered his run in earlier.

"No my point is Alex is the nice one in the family." She smiled. Alex never hit anybody that didn't really deserve it. "I'm the bitch."

She did a round house and kicked gangsters books out of his hand and onto the floor just for spite and came around did a high kick towards the others face but stopping her foot an inch from his head as he jumped back and fell on his ass, scrambling to get back to his feet as everyone laughed at him.

"You fuck with her, you fuck with me." Kitty said. She could have easily hurt them both but she didn't need to get suspended again so she was happy with intimidation and humiliation. It was better than Jo would have given them. She could tell both wanted to say something or do something but didn't as Gangster got his books and they took off; she walked away back to her locker.

"Thanks for that." Izzy said shyly as she came up.

"There just lucky you didn't have any snow globes handy." Kitty smiled making Izzy blush a little. "Come on I will walk you to class." Kitty smiled since they both had math together next period Izzy may as well follow.

"Did you see the one guys face when you almost kicked him, I think he crapped himself." Izzy joked.

"How could you tell, he smelt bad before." Kitty grinned as both girls giggled. Kitty needed a good laugh she thought.

One Week Later

Kitty laid in bed with a head cold taking back her wish for a few days off if she could just breathe through her nose again, Flipping through the TV channels, over a hundred channels and nothing on. Mom was at work and Candy had practice so Kitty would be by herself until later. Typically she didn't mind but when she was sick she usually wanted company of some kind. She always felt like a little girl again wanting somebody to baby her when she as sick. No one liked being alone when they felt this miserable. Kitty heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." She said though it sounded nothing like her in her head. Alex walked in with Izzy in tow.

"What are y'all doing here?" Kitty smiled.

"Mom made you chicken soup." Alex said holding up a big bowl he had a bit of an 'I told you so' look on his face but didn't say it. That was Aunt Liz for you she thought a smile crossing her lips.

"And I got your homework and stuff, Candy was going to do it but I told her I would." Izzy said grinning as she came in and put it on the bed. "I had to tell them you were my cousin but I don't think with all six of us they really know which of us are related and who are not."

"Thanks Izzy." Kitty smiled.

"If you want I can stay and help you with it, at least with your math, but you can't breathe on me because I am going for perfect attendance." Izzy grinned as she plopped onto the end of the bed.

"So would you like some now or should I put it in the fridge." Alex held up the bowl.

"I could eat." Kitty nodded, she had tried to eat something earlier but nothing looked appealing.

"I will get it so you two can talk." Izzy said as she jumped up and went over grabbing the bowl. Izzy had listened to Kitty rant a little about Alex and honestly thought they were both being a little stupid fighting with each other.

"Thanks." Alex said handing it to her and watching her leave. "Aw someone made a friend." He teased looking at Kitty knowing none of her friends would have gone through the trouble of going to all her teachers for her.

"Shut up." Kitty blushed a little. Izzy had been bumping into her on purpose at school; Izzy was starting to grow on her a little, reminding her of her old self, though not as reckless and way smarter. Not to mention Izzy was more patient and laid back. Qualities Kitty was in much need of.

"I'm sorry." They both said at the same time and then laughed.

"I know you were just trying to help the other day, I am sorry for getting onto you for playing superman." Kitty smiled, this was typical for them, fighting one week, friends the next.

"I always thought of myself more as batman." Alex joked.

"Well you got the dark and brooding down." Kitty grinned not that she had much room to talk. "So does that make Jo your robin?"

"More like cat woman." Alex shrugged, Kitty could see that.

They talked for a bit until Izzy brought her a bowl of soup and convinced Alex to let her stay, hangout and help her with her homework though after doing math they ended up lying in bed, watching TV and talking about boys at school.

Spring 1999

Alexander

Alex sat on the floor as he leaned against the beam looking at the punching bag he had been beating at all day; it was covered with a mix of sand leaking from the bag and his blood. He sat there exhausted, his eyes were sore and dry from crying, his throat sore from yelling, his arms sore from punching, his knuckles were busted from not wearing gloves having been punching it for hours now. He knew no matter how hard or how many times he hit the bag his dad wasn't coming back but he needed to hit something to take his anger out on something. His last words he had spoken to his father had been in anger when they should have been I love you. He couldn't remember the last time he had told his father he loved him; it may have been when he was a little boy. It was something neither of them said now that Alex was a man. Alex heard a knock at the basement door as Kitty came in and smiled as she walked over, he figured Candy had to be up with Abbey and Aunt Margaret was probably talking to Mom.

"You look like shit." Kitty said with a forced smile. He couldn't tell if it was actually concern or her trying to make a joke, he sometimes joked that she was bi-polar sometimes she showed her soft side and other times she was bat shit crazy. Alex just wanted to be alone right now.

"I don't want to fight with you Kitty." Alex stood up and walked back to the punching back turning his back to her.

"I am sorry; I just came down here to see if you needed anything." She said.

"No I am fine." Alex said feeling the ach in his arms unable to punch much higher than his stomach. He could feel a bit of sand in his knuckles but he ignored the pain feeling numb.

"Alex I know how you feel..." She began to say.

"No you don't, your dad is still alive, you couldn't possibly know how I feel." Alex cut her off. He felt her grab his shoulder and spun him toward her as she punched him hard in the face sending him staggering backwards. Alex touched his lip to see she had got him good as he looked at the blood in his hand.

"You son of a bitch." She yelled at him. "Uncle Frank was more of a dad then my dad was to me and Candy." Her dad may have given his daughters ever thing they could want, but his time. When they got cars for their sweet sixteen it had been his dad who taught them to drive when he was teaching Abbey the year before, as well as how to change a flat, check the oil and everything else he thought they needed to know. "Not to mention Jo and Izzy. You think you're the only one who is hurting, that your pain is worse than anyone else." Alex couldn't get a word in as she was yelling at him a mile a minute and poking him hard in the chest. "What about your mom and your sister, they need you and you're down here hiding if your dad was here he would kick your ass right now." She went to storm off.

"Kitty I am sorry." He said grabbing her shoulder.

"Don't touch me." She swung at him as he grabbed her wrist knowing she would want to hit him again. "Let go of me you bastard." She pounded her fist into his chest as he pulled her close. She kept hitting him as she buried her face in his chest and started to cry as he wrapped his arms around and held her as he kissed her forehead. He held her for what seemed like an eternity.

"I am sorry I hit you." She said finally saying something as she slowly pushed away.

"It's okay I needed someone to knock some sense into me." He tasted his blood as he licked his lip. He could always count on her to give him a kick in the ass.

"No I mean I am sorry because I think I broke my hand on that fucking hard head of yours." She rubbed her hand. Alex felt a smile play at his lips as he took it rubbing it for her as they went to the couch and sat and talked.

The Next Day

Kitty huffed as she looked in the mirror at the black dress she wore, she hated wearing black. She felt weird having cut the pink streak off not to mention not having her tongue ring and nose ring in. But she had done it for Uncle Frank wanting to show respect at his funeral. Even though he had teased her about them he never said anything against them. She walked out to find Izzy sitting in the living room with her mom, Aunt Liz and with Kitty's mom who were all talking. Jo was a no show. Kitty smiled warmly at Izzy.

Izzy had become a little bit of light in her world, when any of her other friends questioned why Kitty was hanging out with Izzy they got the typical. "Because I want to, you got a fucking problem with that." They had gotten into a little spat when Izzy had taken her keys away after Kitty had dragged her along to a party and Kitty had gotten a little drunk. She had to admit the girl had balls standing up to Kitty like that because she cared about her. Izzy didn't show it often but she had that same fire in her that her sister had.

Kitty had made it up to her by letting her go through a box of clothes she said she was going to give to the goodwill. It was actually about half her closet, tops and dresses anyways. Kitty didn't have any pants that would fit Izzy's long legs. Hell knows Kitty had more than she ever wore. Knowing Izzy wouldn't let her buy her anything but didn't mind hand me downs, Kitty might have slipped in a few new outfits but after taking the price tags off and washing them once Izzy was none the wiser. Heaven knows the girl needed some new clothes. After Uncles Frank's wreck Kitty felt she hadn't given her enough. Kitty kept walking as she headed up the stairs and down the hallway towards Alex's room when she heard talking from inside.

"If you need anything all you need to do is ask." Kitty heard Candy say. Candy was sitting on the bed next to him as she put her hand on Alex's. Kitty felt a tinge jealousy. Kitty and Candy didn't usually like the same guys with one exception; Alex. Candy usually liked them sweet and soft on the eyes, Kitty liked them to be tough and assertive. Alex was a little bit of both. He had been their first kiss though he had kissed Candy first.

"Okay." Alex nodded.

"I mean it Alex. If you need someone to talk to you can call me anytime." Candy said as she stood up and kissed Alex on the forehead.

"I will." Alex smiled. Kitty knocked letting herself in.

"Hey sis, I am going to go see how Abbey is coming along, you to try not to kill each other." Candy smiled though she had been a little mad at Kitty for hitting Alex.

"How's the lip." Kitty grinned at Alex as she shut the door behind her sister.

"Still hurts a little but I have had worse." Alex shrugged as he fiddled with his tie.

"I have something for that." Kitty pulled a small flask out of her purse.

"Nice flask." Alex smiled. Noticing the gold plated flask.

"Yeah dad seems to be misplacing things in his old age." Kitty grinned taking a swig knowing how much her dad liked it. Of course it didn't cost near as much as her dads ten thousand dollar whiskey she had filled it with adding water to the bottle afterwards. Her dad had spent forever looking for the flask before he gave up. She handed Alex the flask as he took a swig and started coughing. At least he did better than Izzy did when Kitty let her have a taste last night.

"Smooth." Alex coughed and offered her another swig but she held up her hand and shook her head. He needed it more than she did today. She pulled out a mint and popped it in her mouth and began to suck on it.

"I keep expecting dad to come through that door at any minute and tell me to hurry up and get dressed, make some smart ass comment about he's not going to bury him damn self." Alex said taking another swig. Kitty smiled a little. She could see Uncle Frank telling the grave diggers what to do because they were doing it all wrong.

"Here let me." She said as began to do his tie.

"You know how to tie a tie?" Alex grinned.

"I used to do dads." She shrugged. "Back when I liked him." She frowned a little remembering happier times. "You heard from Jo?"

"No." Alex shrugged taking another swig.

"You need to go forgive her." Kitty said trying to sound assertive. Jo had beaten herself up for not getting Uncle Frank out but the firefighters said he was as good as dead anyways because a piece of the car that had already did major internal trauma to several organs as well as a fractured skull from banging his head when the roof caved in. They thought Jo had just imagined him still being alive because of her head wound and he had died in the crash. As stubborn as he was he was probably still alive until he knew the girls were safe. Alex had blamed himself for not being there though he probably would have died in the crash too as big as he was. Jo and Abbey had gotten lucky as hell.

"I will, she just needs time." Alex shrugged.

"No you need to go over there today and hash this out." Kitty insisted.

"Kitty..." Alex went to protest.

"She will hate herself more if she doesn't get to say goodbye. I have an extra black dress in the back of my car; it fit Izzy so it should fit her. Take Izzy with you Jo can't say no to her, plus she can drive." Kitty said as she pulled the tie tight around his neck. "And if you start to argue with me I will hit you again." She was doing this more for Alex and Izzy than Jo. Alex would need his best friend and Izzy her big sister, but Kitty knew enough about regret to know Jo needed to be there.

"Okay. Thank You" Alex smiled.

"Just don't tell her it was my idea okay." Kitty grinned. Her and Jo sometimes bumped heads, especially now that Kitty was hanging out with Izzy. Jo thought Kitty might be a bad influence for Izzy but it was the other way around.

"You wouldn't happen to have an extra mint to would you?" Alex grinned.

"Here." Kitty stuck the one she had between her teeth and leaned down to pass it to him. It wasn't like they hadn't kissed before she thought. He took it in his mouth but she found herself slowly kissing him and him kissing back. She wrapped the tie around her hand and pulled him close. She felt his hand touch her neck and run up through her hair, tenderness slowly faded into unspoken passion. She didn't try and stop him as he slowly pulled her close and laid her onto the bed and began to make out with her. His hand caressing down her arm, she held his tie tight around her hand pulling him to her. She imagined they both felt the same way, that life was to short, they both knew they had always had feelings for one another.

"Alex, stop!" Kitty said coming to her senses as she pushed him back.

"I am sorry I shouldn't have kissed you. You're my cousin." Alex said sitting up.

"You think I give a shit about that." Kitty said. "If I didn't have a girlfriend and you have a boyfriend, I mean..." She said mixing up her words feeling a little flustered sometimes her mouth got ahead of her when she talked. "You know what I mean." Though that wasn't the reason, she didn't care about her boyfriend who was little more than a good lay, and she sure as hell didn't care about Emily who sure as hell didn't deserve Alex. If she did she would be here right now. Kitty was frightened because she could see herself fucking things up with Alex as she typically did.

"Besides you got somewhere you need to be." She smiled. A small part of her wondered though if she was afraid of actually loving someone again. She just needed time to think.

Spring 1999

"Hey." Kitty said as she walked up on Alex who was shooting his bow and arrow at the target out under the shade of the large trees by the lake. She often joked that one could tell what kind of mood Alex was in by what he was doing. Archery and billiards required focus so he was probably deep in thought. Something Kitty had been doing a lot of lately, thinking.

It felt so damn good out here. It would be summer soon and Kitty and Candy would come over to hang out here by the lake with Abbey and Izzy almost every day. It would be the last summer before Alex and Jo would be gone. Though Alex had admitted he was thinking about staying and going locally. Kitty felt bad because she didn't want him to go and had been happy when he had told her.

"Hey Kitty." Alex shot sending the arrow a few hundred yards hitting just a little off center. He turned and smiled at her.

"I heard about Emily, I am sorry." She shrugged leaning up against a tree.

"No you're not." Alex said walking over. Kitty eyed him over having stripped down to just a white tank top and jeans. She grinned at his muscles underneath.

"Your right she was a bitch." Kitty smiled and shrugged. "I heard someone put mice in her locker."

RicoLouis
RicoLouis
746 Followers
123456...9