3 Families Vol. 03 Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What the hell is going on out here?" Bear said as he came outside no doubt hearing the commotion.

"Angel is hurt." Alex yelled as he lifted Angel up into his arms.

"Bring her into the office." Bear said. Alex walked towards the office carrying her. He threw Henry and Jacob a look, daring them to try or say anything, as they stepped out of his way.

-

Alex sat in the chair in the garage waiting room as Bear looked Angel over in his office to see if she needed to go to the hospital. He had been a battle field medic in his younger Vietnam days and later in his biker days patching up gunshot and knife wounds. Alex watched as Bear had her follow a little flash light with her eyes to make sure she didn't have a concussion or anything. Though Alex probably did he thought rubbing his head though suddenly finding out he was going to be a father didn't help any with the headache he now had. He would use the expression that it felt like someone had sucker punched him though someone actually had. Alex played with his hands and tapped his foot, anxious to talk to Angel and figure things out. Alex glanced up to see Sam enter the office drinking a bottle of whisky from the looks of it, he had tissues up his nose but other than that you never know he just been in a fight. Alex on the other hand, head hurt, his jaw ached from a possible loose back tooth, and he was pretty sure he would have a bruise on his stomach.

Sam never said a word as he looked at Angel and Bear in the office and walked over and sat next to Alex offering him the bottle. Alex shrugged thinking what the hell, it was better than aspirin. He took a deep swig which burned like hell making Alex cough.

"So you really didn't know." Sam said as he looked at Angel. Alex glanced over to notice some small cuts on the back of Sam's head. Alex had hit him with everything he had and had done little more to the big guy then a few paper cuts, Sam had done more damage to his SUV. Next time he hit Sam with the SUV first he thought, at about fifty miles per hour.

"No, I just found out." Alex shrugged as he took another swig and handing the bottle back.

"Sorry for hitting you..." Sam shrugged.

"It's okay; I might have done the same if it was Abbey or Nicky." Alex said rubbing his face. He had wanted to when he found about Nicky's boyfriend leaving her when she was pregnant.

"Suppose Nicky will be mad at me now, well more so then she is." Sam took a swig. Alex could tell he still carried a bit of a flame for Nicky but then she was his first love.

"I don't see why I need to tell her." Alex shrugged, not sure what story he'd have to make up was but he'd figure something out.

"How is she?" Sam asked handing the bottle back.

"She is good, ready to pop any day now." Alex smiled though she still had a few months; he took another hit of the bottle.

"Sorry about the car, if you want you can leave her here and we can get her fixed for you. No charge of course." Sam shrugged.

"Thanks, I was just going to tell the insurance company I hit a wild animal but I don't think they would buy it." Alex grinned. Not unless Alex was on safari in Africa and a rhino side swiped it. The big guy let out a small chuckle.

"So what are you going to do, I mean about the baby." Sam said.

"I really don't know. I need to talk to Angel." Alex rubbed his hand in his face.

"Well you're smart, you will figure it out, plus any guy who is willing to go through me to protect Angel is good enough for her in my book." Sam smiled at him. A second later Bear came out giving them both the evil eye.

"How is she?" Alex asked.

"She will be fine." Bear sighed before he smacked them both upside the head, hard enough to make Alex's ears ring again. "Which is more than I can say for you two fucking idiots. I have a good mind to kick both your asses; I don't know what the hell you were thinking." Bear yelled. Alex had never seen this side of the big burly man who had gone into papa bear mode.

"It was my fault Bear, I attacked him, he was just defending himself, Angel tried to stop me and she fell." Sam spoke up, which got him another smack upside the head.

"Then I expect you here bright and early working on Alex's SUV." Bear said at him.

"Yes sir." Sam shrugged and shook his head. It was weird to see someone as big as Bear sit there and have someone tell him what he was going to do.

"And as for you, you need to go talk to Angel and figure this shit out." Bear pointed at Alex and then to the office. Alex could tell he wasn't probably Bear's favorite person right now but Bear was trying to be civil.

"Yes sir." Alex shook his head.

"And give me that, I swear you kids will be the damn death of me yet." Bear said snatching the bottle and taking a swig himself before walking away with the whiskey. Sam stood as well giving Alex a pat and squeeze on his shoulder. Alex took a deep breath as he stood up and walked toward the office. Part of him rather go another round with Sam then have to talk to Angel. He walked in and shut the door wanting a little privacy. Angel looked as nervous as he was as she slid of Bears desk where he had been looking her over. Alex did the only thing he could think of and grabbed her and hugged her tightly knowing she had been going through this all alone.

"So how long have you known." Alex said touching her arm.

"Since the purse snatcher." Angel signed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Alex shrugged his shoulders.

"I was afraid." She frowned.

"Of what?" Alex asked.

"Losing my friends, cousins finding out." Angel frowned. Alex could understand. She had kept her worlds somewhat separate. She got to be a teenage girl when she hung out with his sister and cousins but still got to be the hard ass biker chick when she was at work. He also very painfully understood why she didn't tell Sam or Bear. She probably felt trapped in a no win situation. "It doesn't matter." She frowned.

"What's that mean?" Alex asked.

"I was going to give the baby up." Angel signed and looked down.

"What, why." Alex yelled but she wasn't looking at him now. Yelling at her was pointless he thought. He took a deep breath and squatted down taking her hand making her have to look at him. "Why Angel."

"I can't be a mom, look at me." Angel sighed. "I don't know how to be a mom." Alex was torn, he wanted to be supportive of her but he also couldn't support his child going to some strangers. He took a deep breath.

"Then give it to me." Alex said.

"What?" Angel signed.

"Granted I don't know much about raising a baby neither but I will if I have to." Alex shrugged.

"You have school." Angel protested.

"I would drop out if I have to, but if this kid is mine, I rather do that then have it go to some stranger to raise it." Alex sighed. "I get that you're afraid, so am I? I just found out and I am terrified and you have known for months now and I can imagine how you must feel but you are not alone Angel." Alex hugged her. He didn't know what he was going to do about all this but he would figure it out. Now of course he would have to tell Jo the love of his life about the baby he was having with another woman, Yep he rather go another round with Sam he thought. He would tell Jo the truth but he would tell everyone else that he was side swiped in a hit and run, which would explain the car and his bruises though Alex thought a car accident would have been less painful.

Alex sighed as he got out of the rent-a-car. He and Angel had rode in silence not that she could talk while she drove since he was a little tipsy though not near enough that he didn't ache like hell. He had convinced her to stay here at least for tonight since he had no idea what staying above the garage would do to the baby with stuff like gas fumes and who knows what other chemicals, he knew he was probably just probably being paranoid but after the night he was having he rather play it safe.

She put her hands in her pockets and hung her head as if walking to her funeral. Alex could only imagined how afraid she was, he took a deep breath and put his hand around her rubbing her arm. Despite how angry he had been with her for not telling him about the baby or for wanting to give it away she was still the mother of his unborn child and he did care for her. He may not like her right now but he did love her.

They went up the porch to see a light in the kitchen, when he walked in he saw Jo eating some ice cream.

"Oh hey babe, wondering if you got lost." Jo smiled and turned and went to hug him but he cringed as she brushed against his stomach. "What's wrong?" She asked then she no doubt saw the side of his face. "Alex what the hell happened to you."

"Unofficially if anyone asks I got in a car crash." Alex shrugged.

"And officially." Jo glanced over as she saw Angel was back as well.

"I got in a fight with Sam." Alex shrugged.

"What, why." Jo said looking at him surprised.

"Jo you should probably sit down." Alex said and motioned toward the table.

"Alex just tell me already." Jo said.

"Angel..." Alex took a deep breath trying to find the words. "Angel is pregnant, from last spring when me and her..."

"What." Jo looked at him shocked. Angel was looking down.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Jo asked as she lifted her chin.

"She didn't know right away and by then she had befriended all the girls and was afraid. Plus she didn't want to tell Sam and them why for obvious reasons." Alex said as he leaned against the counter and groaned wondering if mom had any Tylenol stashed anywhere down here.

"Angel." Jo said as she hugged her before slowly parting ways. "You want some ice cream?" Jo motioned to the bowl she had just made obviously having lost her own appetite. Jo put the ice cream up and Alex and Jo went into the living room leaving Angel to eat in the kitchen.

"She told me she doesn't want the baby. She was going to give it up." Alex said rubbing his face.

"Why?" Jo asked shocked.

"She is afraid she won't be a good mother, I mean she didn't have much of an example growing up." Alex shrugged.

"What are we going to do?" Jo shrugged; Alex thought he was imaging things. Realizing that this had been the first major hurdle they had had in their relationship.

"We." Alex asked.

"Unless you are leaving me for her I mean, otherwise I am not going to let you go through this alone." Jo took his hand. "It's not like me to back away from a fight and I am not about to start now."

"Jo I can't let you..." Alex shook his head.

"You really think you have a choice or not let me do anything then you don't know me very well." Jo smiled and squeezed his hand.

"Very well." Alex smiled and squeezed her hand back.

"I need to talk to mom in the morning; I might have to drop out of college." Alex rubbed his face.

"Let's worry about that tomorrow." Jo shrugged and let go of his hand and put her arm around him.

"I asked her to stay the night here, I don't want her sleeping above the garage, you know with the baby." Alex shrugged glancing into the kitchen at Angel who was eating, he hadn't noticed before but she had been eating a lot.

"I don't know what will come next Alex, but I do know you will make an excellent father, I mean you had more than enough practice with me." Jo grinned.

"Thanks." Alex smiled. "I guess I will go get her some covers, she can sleep on the couch."

"Alex." Jo gave him a look. "You're not going to make your baby's momma sleep on this couch, besides the last thing she needs is to be alone right now. She can crash in the room with us." Jo said sternly.

"Are you sure?" Alex asked.

"Yes babe, at least for tonight." Jo smiled and laid her head against him.

"Thank you Jo." Alex kissed her forehead.

"Hey you put up with my fucking drama for years, though I got to say you got me beat with this one." Jo joked as she ran her fingers over his chest. "But you're going to have to do better than a little baby mama drama if you want to get rid of me."

"Thank you." Alex said holding her tight.

"Just remember Jo can be both a boy's name and a girl's name." Jo joked.

Afterwards they went to bed as Angel lay between him and Jo. Jo spooned with Angel and held her till she fell asleep while Alex held Jo's hand. Alex was probably the last one to go to sleep worrying about every damn thing he could think of. He imagined Candy telling him he worried too much and that was saying something, but as he looked at Jo he thought at least he didn't have to do it alone. Alex reached out and softly touched Angel's belly. He had wanted to be a dad before but Candy had lost the baby. Now was his second chance he thought, the timing and the situation couldn't have been worse, but it was his child.

Alex wasn't surprised when he was the first one to wake of the three of them. He hadn't slept much to say the least not that Jo often got up before he did. He smiled as he saw Jo's arm wrapped around Angel as she held Jo's hand. He slowly got up and cringed as he did, he really hoped like hell that Sam at least had some kind of injury that was bugging him this morning even if it was just a headache because Alex felt like shit. Alex sighed and headed out of the room and headed down stairs where he saw his mom, Aunt Vicky, and Nicky.

"Morning." Alex said.

"Oh my... What happened to your face?" Nicky asked. Alex hadn't looked in a mirror yet but was sure it was bad for it to be the first thing Nicky had noticed.

"I got into a car accident I am fine." Alex said.

"How bad is your car?" Aunt Liz smiled.

"I don't know a little damaged but not too bad, the guy side swiped me and took off. Bear is going to fix it up for me." Alex shrugged.

"Are you okay?" His mom said as she came over looking at his face being a typical mom, the funny part was he did need her right now. He was about to be a dad but felt weird that he still needed his mom.

"Yes mom well physically anyways. I need to tell you something." Alex said as he sat down and began to tell them about Angel and the baby.

Samuel Fall 2000

Sam walked down the aisle of the grocery store still in his police uniform, though he had taken off the gun belt. One thing he hadn't thought about was how people would see him differently when in uniform. Before people feared him but now everyday people would smile and nod at him. He kind of liked it. The ones who feared him now generally had something to hide. Even in his neighborhood the older folks seemed to respect him more.

He headed down the aisle as he saw a cute plump young girl trying to get something off the top shelf. They usually put the expensive stuff at eye height, well eye height to normal people. The cheaper stuff either near the top or near the bottom, in this store it was the top which is why he shopped here. He hated bending over to get stuff off the bottom.

"Here let me get that." Sam said grabbing it for her.

"Thanks." She looked at him and smiled. "Oh my... Sam?" She looked at him smiling from ear to ear. "It's me Abigail." Abigail said. Damn he hadn't seen her in forever he thought. She had to have just started middle school the last time. The girl used to have a little crush on Sam always saying hello and smiling at him, whispering to Izzy as they looked at him. She threw her arms around him hugging him.

"Oh shit you grew up." Sam smiled warmly.

"Not really, I still need people to get stuff off of shelves for me. Maybe more out than up." Abbey laughed. She was still just as cute in the face but not the body, she was all woman there.

"Yeah but in all the right places." Sam grinned noticing her tits; she took after her momma for damn sure.

"Sam." She gave his stomach a playful smack.

"So Sam the cop." She grinned looking at the uniform.

"Tell me about it, Dad never thought he'd see the day a Miller got into the front seat of a police car." Sam joked. "So what are you doing with yourself these days?" He smiled at her.

"Nothing really, helping mom with the baby and Nicky is about to pop any day now. Everybody is going off to college and stuff and I am here and don't really know what I want to do still, take the year off I guess and figure it out." Abbey shrugged looking a little down.

"Don't feel bad, it took me seven to get my shit together, and you're way smarter than I am, you will figure it out." Sam gave her shoulder a little squeeze.

"So how are your brothers?" Abbey smiled.

"Good, Hank been running the garage for Bear and Jake, well he is still Jake." Sam shrugged. "You know I love to catch up sometime maybe get a bite to eat." Sam smiled.

"Sam are you asking me on a date." Abbey grinned up at him.

"What no, um." Sam stuttered trying to find the words as he scratched his head. He hadn't been on a date in a while and truthfully never had a serious relationship in his life just the random hook up here and there.

"You know you're kind of cute when you're nervous." She teased. "Here." She wrote down her number on a piece of paper she had her grocery list on and tore it off handing it to him.

A Few Weeks Later

He walked up and knocked and a few seconds later Abbey came to the door.

"Oh good you made it." Abbey smiled. "come in." She grabbed his arm dragging him along as he followed her toward the kitchen.

"Something smells really damn good." He said taking a deep whiff. Growing up with Bear and no mom they didn't get a lot of home cooked meals.

"I hope you like spaghetti?" She beamed at him. He could still see the little girl in her face, the one that used to ask him for bubble gum knowing he always had some, until he found out toothpicks where more badass looking.

"Love it." Sam smiled.

"Good." Abbey beamed.

"Hey Abbey who are you...Sam." Nicolette said coming into the room. Apparently Abbey hadn't told her he was coming. He wondered if she would be here. He knew her from when she would baby sit Jo and Izzy. He smiled at her belly, she looked good pregnant. Motherhood looked good on her.

"Nicky." He smiled though nervously.

"It's good to see you again." She said and came up and hugged him.

"You too." He said wrapping his arms around her.

"Well dinner is almost done. Crap I forgot garlic bread. You know what why don't you two go ahead and start without me and I will go get some." Abbey grabbed her purse and headed for the back door or front it was hard to tell on this house, with the front porch and living room looking out over the lake.

"Abbey." Nicky said but she was gone. "Why do I feel like we have just been set up?" Nicky grinned at him.

"She isn't coming back is she?" Sam laughed. The tricky little minx he thought.

"Probably not." Nicky shrugged. "Is this a little awkward or is it just me." They both laughed a little.

"We may as well eat." Sam grinned, no harm in that.

"So Sam the cop." She smiled at him and grabbed down some plates for them. "I wish my dad could see you now."

"He never did like me much." Sam shrugged. They had dated very briefly. She had been his good girl while he had been her boy from the wrong side of the tracks.

"Well you were the one who took his little girls virginity." Nicky teased.

"I didn't take anything; if I remember right you were the one on top of me." Sam smiled. Nicky was a nice girl but could be very dominatory and not afraid to go for what she wanted which Sam hadn't minded in the least. He hid it well but he was shy around girls. Hell knows he wasn't much of a talker. That was where Angel got her tough as hell routine. She saw that no one messed with him and he didn't talk a lot so she wanted to be just like him. "Think she made enough?" He said looking in the pot.

"I guess she figured I am eating for two and you sure as hell look like you can eat." Nicky grinned looking him over. That was true.

"You look good by the way." Sam smiled.

"Thanks even if it is a lie." Nicky shook her head.