3 Families Vol. 03 Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RicoLouis
RicoLouis
745 Followers

"Yeah. I got to potty." She smiled.

"Okay, I will take you." Alex nodded.

"No momma Jojo." Kasey held out her hands for Jo. Alex saw a smile on her face at her calling Jo mom. Alex just shook his head at the toddler, she was as strong willed as her actual mother.

"Okay sweetheart." Jo said standing up and holding out a hand for her to take hers.

"Hey on your way, slip this to your dad." Alex said holding out the ultrasound photo.

"You trying to get me shot?" Jo smiled looking over at the detectives as she laughed walking with the baby. "You do it, you're the one who knocked up his baby girl." Jo smirked.

"I will do it, I deserve that man at least one dance." Mommy Vicky smiled looking at Alex's mom who smiled. "Plus old Griff won't shoot me." Alex couldn't help but watch as mommy Vicky told James and Izzy the good news, Izzy jumping up and down with joy before running off charging at Alex leaving Vicky alone for a dance with her ex-husband. Alex stood up hugging her which was like trying to hold a bottle rocket she was so excited.

"Hey what's going on?" Abbey said walking up with their baby sister tagging along.

"We're going to be Aunt's" Izzy held up the picture to Abbey. Abbey grabbed him hugging him as well despite the fact she was still wet having just fussed at the little one for doing the same.

"Wow that was fast. They just got married." Little Frankie said. Everyone let out a little laugh.

"Out of the mouths of babes." Alex said rubbing her head.

"Hey come in." Candice said as Alex and Jo walked into her mom's house.

"Where is she?" Alex asked referring to Kit Kat.

"In her room." Candy nodded as she closed the door while Alex and Jo kicked off their shoes.

"How is she taking it?" Jo asked.

"I don't know, she just seems to have shut down Alex. She isn't sad or angry; she barely even said more than two words on the ride home. She won't even talk about it." Candy shrugged. Kitty hadn't been feeling well but had been fighting going to the doctor, instead focusing on his and Jo's wedding. Now Alex wished he had pushed her into going sooner, but making Kitty doing anything against her will was impossible.

"Why don't I go try, Jo could you sit with Candy for a bit." Alex looked at his wife.

"Yeah sure." Jo nodded.

Alex made his way up to her room and tapped on Kitty's door. "Kitty" After getting no answer he let himself in to see her staring off into space as she sat on her bed with her knees against her chest. "Hey Kit Kat." He said but she still didn't respond.

"Katherine." He said touching her shoulder before she finally responded looking at him.

"Alex." She said surprised he was standing there, she had totally spaced out not that he could blame her though to see her completely speechless and motionless was almost horrifying. "Candy call you?"

"Yeah." Alex put his arm around her.

"I guess she told you everything." Kitty said laying her head on his shoulder as she pulled her knees closer to her chest.

"More or less." Alex shrugged.

"I am scared Alex." Kitty's voice began to quiver.

"You're going to beat this Kitty, you're strong..." Alex said as he pulled her close hugging her tightly.

"But what if I don't." She said as she held onto him. "And even if I do. I may not be able to have kids later on after the chemo." Kitty said. She never had talked about having kids but she was good with them, or at least at spoiling them. "Just when I think my life is on track..." All Alex could do was hold her, he didn't have the answers, he didn't know anything about cancer, and there wasn't anything he could do to fix this which made him want to scream. Both Kitty and Candy knew they were at risk after their mom but Alex had never thought it would happen to them.

"I want so much out of life Alex, I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes, but I want to get married to a nice guy and have kids and live in some silly house with a white picket fence, okay maybe not the fence." There she was he thought. She wasn't totally defeated yet. "Candy will be going back to college and I will have to drop out at least till..." She began to cry. "What will mom say; she has gone through this Alex. I know she will say I can get though it like her but it will be a nightmare for her seeing me go through what she has gone through."

"I don't have the answers Kitty, I wish I did but I don't. But I will be damned if you will go through this alone." Alex kissed her forehead and held her tight. "If you need to, you can come stay with me, Jo, and Angel."

"Alex I can't do that, you two just got married and you're going to have a baby plus you got the little one." Kitty shook her head.

"Yes you can, me and Alex can look after you and help you figure this all out. We love you Kitty and we will be dammed if we will let you go through this alone." Jo said as she came in. Alex didn't know how long she had been listening. Jo came over and sat down beside her taking Kitty's hand. After a while Alex left her and Jo alone and headed down stairs to find Candy who was talking to Izzy, Angel and Abbey. Abbey was wiping Candy's face who had no doubt just told them all what Katherine had told Alex and Jo. Izzy came over hugging him tightly which he needed just as damn badly as she probably did right now he thought as he hugged her back. He could feel her hot tears dripping on his neck. When Aunt Maggie got home Alex would tell her the news he thought, if he could hold it together that long.

-

"Morning Sexy Momma." Alex said as he came in rubbing his face as he saw Jo starting breakfast. He came up and kissed her as she looked back and did the same. He rubbed her belly as he stood behind her. He was nervous yet anxious about being a father; Moms had raised the last one while he was at college.

"Morning how do you want your eggs babe." Jo smiled.

"Well done." Alex smiled. He generally liked his food actually cooked. "Sorry I didn't come to bed last night." He said rubbing her back.

"It's okay, I know you were comforting Kitty." She smiled.

"If it makes you feel any better we didn't have sex." Alex smiled back.

"What couldn't get it up?" Jo teased not that she cared if he had, he wouldn't say they were swingers per say, they didn't go out looking for strangers to bring home, but they did enjoy sharing their bed with those they were close with. He spent most of the night just talking to Kitty and lay down with her holding her hand till she fell asleep.

"We just talked." Alex shrugged.

"How is she?" Jo smiled.

"Better today I think, at least for now." Alex said as he walked around and leaned on the counter. "She is in the shower, you hear from Izzy." Alex asked.

"Yeah, she just needs time." Jo nodded. Kitty and Izzy had had a falling out after Kitty talked about just giving up. Izzy had ended up slapping her and told her that she wasn't about to watch her best friend just give up and die, they hadn't talked since but it had given Kitty the kick in the ass she needed. For Izzy to actually raise her hand to anybody had been a shock.

"Daddy." He heard as he looked down to see his black haired little girl running at him full speed as she wrapped around his leg. She get any taller he would need a cup he thought. Kassandra Shi Ajéídíshjool Smith, his and Angel's daughter. Angel had wanted her to have a piece of her heritage and Alex loved writing out her full name just to see the look on people's faces when they tried to read her middle name which roughly translated to "my heart." No one tried calling her by her full name when she got in trouble because you would forget what she done by the time you pronounced it right. When it came time to teach her to write they'd stick with Kasey Hart Smith.

"There's my girl." Alex said lifting her up. "You know what daddy needs." Alex smiled.

"What?" She asked in her cute little way.

"I need a hug, tight as you can give me." Alex smiled.

"Okay." She grabbed his neck and squeezed as hard as she could as he rubbed her back.

"Morning Angel." Jo said as Angel walked over. "Eggs?" Angel shook her head and gave Jo a kiss. Angel had moved in after the wedding at both Alex and Joanna's insistence since her daughter was living here and they both loved Angel very much it just kind of made sense instead of trying to work out a schedule of when Angel could spend time with her. Angel had been hesitant to be a mother, especially when the baby was small and she couldn't hear it cry when it needed to be feed or changed, especially in the middle of the night.

She had been so afraid she was going to break the tiny little girl and had trouble reading the baby's words when she started speaking. But she had grown to love it and the first time the baby signed Momma had melted Angel's heart making her break down in tears. Now that she was a toddler Angel felt more comfortable with the little girl and less afraid. Part of Alex wanted to be able to give her back custody when Angel thought she was ready but having Angel live here worked out better for all of them.

"You want some eggs Kasey?" Jo looked at the little girl.

"No fruit loops." She said shaking her head.

"You're going to turn into a fruit loop." Alex laughed. "How about you eat an egg and if you still want fruit loops you can have a bowl of that too." Alex smiled. It was bad that he had to play let's make a deal with a toddler to get her to eat breakfast.

"Okay." Kasey smiled.

"Okay park your bottom." Alex said as let her go; she walked over to the table as Alex helped her pull out a chair.

"Morning Angel." Alex smiled giving her a kiss. Alex went to get some plates down for Jo before starting some toast.

"Kasey sit down sweetie." Jo glanced over; the little one was at the table on her knees in the chair.

"Why?" Kasey said swaying back and forth. Angel snapped her fingers and then held them up counting down from five. The little one sat down fast as she could knowing not to let mommy get to no fingers at all even if she couldn't count them yet. It was ironic that she listened to Angel the most to say the least since Angel never had to say a word, though Kasey's sign language was better than her English. Jo put an egg on the plate and Alex brought it to her with a fork.

"Egg sandwich daddy." The little girl smiled.

"Okay." Alex nodded and grabbed two pieces of toast and put the egg between it for her, just like how her mom liked to do. He swore you could get the kid to eat just about anything if it was in a sandwich. "Don't make a mess." Alex smiled and ruffled her hair; though telling her to not make a mess was like telling her not to breath.

"Oh hell no." Jo said as she turned off the stove and went for the back door.

"What?" Alex asked following after Jo as she went outside. Alex quickly saw why as Kitty's dad had pulled up in the yard.

"I don't know what the hell you are doing here but I am sure as hell Kitty doesn't want to see you right now." Jo yelled at him.

"Jo." Alex grabbed her waist, before she did something to hurt the old man, and put himself between them.

"Look I just need to talk to my daughter, I know I am the last person she wants to see but Maggie told me about what the doctors said, please just let me talk to her and I will be gone." Edward said holding up his arms.

"Jo sweetie, please go ask Kitty if she wants to see her father, it's her choice. If she says no then you can run him off." Alex said in a calm voice as he looked at Jo. Jo looked at him and then glared at Edward. Jo had gotten better about controlling her temper now that she was out of her teenage years but you didn't mess with her family or friends or the old Jo would show up.

"Okay." Jo said. There was no love lost there Alex thought, the only way Jo would bury the hatchet with him was in the old man's skull.

"Mister Taylor, it's been awhile." Alex said as he turned back to look at Kitty's father and extended his hand.

"Thanks for letting me see her." Edward shook his hand; Alex pulled him close squeezing his hand.

"Just remember you are a guest here in my home and I expect you act as such, you say anything to upset Kitty and my wife will be the least of your problems." Alex said softly but to the point.

"Understood." Edward said and Alex let go of his hand.

"Can I get you anything, orange juice?" Alex smiled.

"Yeah sure. Thanks." Edward replied.

"You're welcome to come in and sit for a bit and wait on Kitty." Alex added leading him in past the kitchen and into the living room where Alex let him have a seat and Angel brought him a glass. A little while later Jo and Kitty came down stairs.

"What do you want Edward." Kitty said folding her arms. Jo stood behind her for support with a hand on her back.

"Katherine I just came here to say I am sorry about what you are going through." Edward said as he stood up though he probably rather be in a board room facing down a bunch of guys in suits then the girls who were all giving him daggers.

"Like you care." Kitty shrugged.

"I may not show it but I am your father. Which is why I have talked to the hospital, all your bills will be taken care of." Edward said. Alex could tell the words hit Kitty hard.

"Edward. You shouldn't have done that." Kitty shook her head.

"It's too late, it's already done. You and I may not see eye to eye on much Katherine but you are my daughter. You can hate me for the rest of my life but I will be damned if I live to see the end of yours if there is anything I can do about it." Edward said. "I just wanted to come by and tell you that and to wish you luck, if there is anything you need all you have to do is ask or have your mom and sister do it."

"Alexander; thanks for the juice and looking after Katherine." Edward turned and extended his hand to Alex.

"It's my pleasure sir." Alex said shaking it back. Edward headed out.

"Dad, thank you." Kitty said before he left through the kitchen. Kitty walked over and gave her dad a hug. It wasn't the warmest of hugs but it was a start Alex thought. Jo walked over and rubbed Kitty's back as she rubbed her face to wipe away a tear.

"Fruit loops please?" Little Kasey said as she walked in holding up her empty plate.

"You know what; I think I will have a bowl also." Kitty smiled at the little girl. "What are your favorite ones?" Kitty took the little girls hand.

"The purples taste the best." Kasey said though they all tasted the same. Alex could only shake his head at her. "What's Hell?"

"Where you hear that word? It's a bad word." Kitty laughed.

"Momma Jo." Kasey said. Alex looked at Jo who shook her head and laughed as she covered her mouth. Alex walked over grinning.

"This mean I get to spank you later." Alex whispered, Jo threw him a smirk and hit him in the stomach.

-

Alexander sat on the bed looking at the book on cancer. He gotten everything he could find which Kitty had teased him about saying she thought Candy had OCD though he knew her making jokes was a self-defense to not show how afraid she was. The more Alex read the less he wished he knew and just made his head hurt more, the saying ignorance is bliss came to mind.

He took off his reading glasses and rubbed his eyes. He used to tease his dad about needing them, now he could hear the old man taunting him from the grave. He could still see perfectly, far away, but to many years of straining his eyes looking at books had taken its toll. Next would come the gray hairs he thought, luckily sis worked at a hair salon and could take care of that for him.

Abbey hadn't gone to college like the rest of them. She had had enough of school and didn't want to spend another four years of it. Abbey had gone to beauty school, when she wasn't watching her baby sister and her little nieces. Now she cut hair and listened to women talk about their problems. That and her natural talent with kids made her a favorite with young moms; it was a hell of a lot cheaper to go see Abbey than a therapist. Hell in a few years she might be able to open her own shop the way business was going. He looked up as Jo came out of the bathroom.

"Hey decided to join me tonight?" Jo smiled as she climbed into bed dressed in her nightie. Alex could almost forget a time when Jo used to hate wearing girly clothes. She still liked to tomboy down from time to time but she liked to look good also.

"Yeah." Alex said as he turned putting his book and glasses down on the bed side table.

"Hey everything is going to be all right." Jo wrapped her arms around him as she hugged him from behind.

"I sure hope so." He said as he looked back touching her hands. No matter how bad his day was he always knew he could find comfort here in Jo's arms.

"How about I help take your mind off of things for a little while." Jo said as she nipped at his ear. "I think we could both use a little distraction."

"Do I have a choice?" Alex turned towards her and smiled.

"No, I will just wait till you fall asleep and then have my way with you." Jo grinned and kissed him. There had been more than a few mornings where he had woken up to just that, her on top of him, there were worse things to wake up to he thought.

"I like the sound of that." Alex laughed kissing her back as they lay on the bed. Alex felt Jo's hand slide down to his crotch. They heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." Jo smiled looking up. The door opened and in walked Kitty.

"Oh sorry didn't mean to interrupt anything, I just wanted to come say goodnight." Kitty smiled.

"It is okay." Jo nodded sliding her hand out of his pants. "Care to join us?" Jo motioned with her head.

"What?" Kitty looked a little stunned.

"I figured once you start treatments you won't want to have sex, may as well enjoy it now." Jo slid over and patted the bed between her and Alex.

"You sure?" Kitty smiled as she closed the door and came over.

"Momma Liz said I should make people feel welcome in our house when she gave it to us." Jo grinned.

"I don't think this is what she meant." Alex laughed, Jo just shrugged at him. Kitty climbed between them and lay down. "Next she will start singing be our guest." Alex laughed. Jo gave him a little push knowing they both heard that damn song way too many times with Kassandra wanting to watch it over and over. Damn it now Alex was humming it in his head.

"Just lay back and let us take care of you." Jo winked as she ran her fingers through Kitty's hair and kissed her. Alex smiled as he ran his hands over her body. Jo and Kitty's lips slowly parted as she began to kiss down Kitty's neck. Alex leaned in and kissed Kitty's back as well as he ran a hand along her thigh.

Suddenly there came a creak at the door, one Alex knew all too well from the lose floor boards just outside the master bedroom. Either Kitty hadn't closed it all the way or someone had opened it. Jo grinned as she looked at the door and did her finger in a come over here motion, slowly the door opened and Angel came in blushing. One day they would have to tell her about the floor board Alex thought.

"The little one asleep?" Jo asked. Angel shook her head and smiled. "Well you may as well join us." Jo grinned as Angel slipped in.

"We're going to need a bigger bed." Alex joked as he went back to kissing Kitty. Jo climbed down the bed and lifted Kitty's shirt off over her head. Angel went around and came over beside Kitty. Kitty turned toward her and smiled reaching out touching Angels arm. Angel smiled and leaned down and kissed her as well making out with her as Jo began to suckle and lick at her tit. Alex could still remember the first time Jo had brought Angel into their bed to surprise him though it hadn't worked out like she had expected but that was Angel for you. She cared little for the words Bi, straight, or lesbian, most of her sex education had come from late night movies and porn tapes. He had been more than happy to watch them have sex while he recovered before he went back in for round two.

RicoLouis
RicoLouis
745 Followers