A Southern Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Callie was fighting as hard as she could. She was scratching and kicking but at 120 pounds she was as effective as swatting flies. The punk rocker out muscled her easily by 150 pounds. He held her in place with one hand as he undid his pants. Callie was a virgin and didn't want to lose her innocence like this. Trembling with fear she pleaded with them to let her go. They just laughed.

"A sweet little peach like you? No way!"

The click of a gun cocking stopped them. The most gorgeous man Callie had ever seen was standing behind the skin head. He had a large gun pointed directly at her attacker, not paying any attention at all to the smaller man.

"Let her go" the stranger said in a low growl. The skin head wasn't very big or brave. He ran and got into the truck and locked the door. The rocker seemed matched size for size with the handsome stranger. Callie watched as he weighed his options. He decided he couldn't beat a gun and loosened his grip on her.

She bolted as she pulled her shorts up. Jumping out of the flat bed she hid behind the man with the gun. He was very tall and muscular. He stood 6'3 at least. They backed up together. The stranger kept the gun pointed at the angry punk rocker. It didn't waver once. His other arm came around Callie.

"You'll regret this Mister..." the punk threatened zipped up. He jumped over the side of the truck and scrambled in. He drove off without waiting for an answer.

Callie was shaking like a leaf as she clung to her saviour but he was having none of that. He picked her up and strode over to her jeep. Depositing her on the passenger seat he headed around the other side. Callie quickly tied her shirt closed. Her ample bosom was barely contained but it would do.

She turned to see that the gas attendant had come out. He was a kid about 19. He seemed to understanding the urgency of their situation as he accepted the bills from her protectors hand. He ran back into the building and locked the doors.

The man bent down and grabbed a back pack. Tossing it into the back of the jeep he jumped into the drivers seat. He threw the jeep into first gear and shot out of the lot. His actions were sure and quick. They headed down the street to the interstate with a sense of urgency hovering over them. They stopped for a red light.

Looking back she watched as two trucks full of skin heads sped into the gas station looking around for them. Baseball bats in hand they started smashing the place up. Callie hoped the kid at the gas station would be safe. The light changed. Soon they were out of site.

Silent tears streamed down Callie's face. She was pretty shook up. She glanced over at the man driving her jeep. He was concentrating on driving as fast as he could legally go. She stared at his beautiful face.

He had black wavy hair, worn slightly long. The wind wiping his hair all around his face. She knew from her view of him in the gas station that he had the most amazing green eyes Callie had ever seen on another human being. Impossibly long dark lashes a woman would kill for framed his piercing eyes. Right now he had a sexy scowl on his face. She sighed.

He glanced over at her. He couldn't help but stare at her beautiful breast. Feeling like a leacher he fixed his gaze on her face. Shit! Not helping. Those lips made him think of how they'd feel sliding up and down his cock. He took his eyes off her altogether and concentrated on driving.

After a bit he noticed that she was finally calming down. His deep voice was soothing and sensual as he spoke directly to her.

"My name is Dante Harrington. You ok?"

She could see concern for her written all over him. From the anxious look on his face to the tense way he held his massive body. It occurred to her that if this stranger decided to ravage her she'd be back at square one. Something about her face must have betrayed her thoughts because Dantes next words were "Don't worry you're safe with me! I'm a southern gentleman!"

He had slid the gun into the waist of his jeans but he took it out and laid it in her hands. He said "you hold onto this for now ok?"

Callie accepted the gun in her lap. She picked it up and checked it out. It was a nice piece. It was a Colt Wiley Clapp 45. Also known as a 'Colt Cowboy Special'. She'd only held one once before. Her father had brought it home and let her check it out before locking it up. She had never seen it again. She fumbled a bit trying to open the cylinder. Shock flowed through her and she shouted in anger.

Her companion jumped as her high pitch scream of rage and panic filled the jeep. The fast moving vehicle wobbled as he regained control.

"What? What?" He yelled back instantly concerned. At first he thought she shot herself but then he remembered the gun was empty. Relief surged through him.

She shrieked "You tried to save me from skinhead rapists with an empty gun!?"

For such a tiny thing she was awful loud.

"Successfully saved you" he reminded her with a cheeky grin.

She grit her teeth with frustration. "You were bluffing" she ground out. Callie wasn't used to dealing with people who bluffed. If daddy pulled a gun it was cocked, loaded and he was willing to shoot!

He smiled a full on sexy smile. "Oh Darlin, they were too stupid to call my bluff."

They sat quietly in the car while Callie struggled to pull herself together. He had no trouble hearing her quiet "Thank you for saving me... I'm Callie Eagen by the way"

"It was no trouble Callie...I could use a favour though."

He looked at her sheepishly. Apprehension unfurled in her tummy. She was grateful to this guy for saving her from a brutal public raping by two guys but she was only so grateful!

Her "what might that be?" sounded wary.

"Well.. " he seemed to hesitate then make up his mind.

"I was at that Gas station because I was hitchhiking home...

I was at a party in the area last night and...

I kinda got a little drunk...

And I might have misplaced my car...

I need a ride home to Louisiana."

His embarrassment was acute.

Relief flooded through her. She could do that. It would be to her advantage to have a guy and a gun on the rest of her journey. She turned to him and asked "Do you have any bullets for this gun by any chance?"

His "Yes Ma'am I do" was a relief. She turned a radiant smile on him. He wondered for the second time what such a beautiful girl was doing travelling alone.

They tag teamed as they drove for efficiency. Dante was already driving so he took the first shift while Callie rested. It wasn't long before Callie saw the flaw with this plan. She wasn't tired because she had just had a full nights sleep while Dante was practically asleep at the wheel from partying all night. They pulled over and switched places. Dante was asleep in seconds.

During the trip they stopped several times to eat or use the rest room. Callie was getting to know Dante fairly well. He was a huge teddy bear, slightly irresponsible, funny and charming. Her nervousness dissipated completely.

At first Callie was awed by his good looks. She had never met a man as handsome as Dante before. She wondered briefly why she wasn't drawn to him even a little. The thought crossed her mind that perhaps she was a lesbian. Why else wouldn't she feel something for this nice attractive guy??

Once they crossed over into Louisianna Dante realized that she was going fairly close to his home town.

She pulled into a secluded motel he knew all to well. Dante reminisced about the last time he had been here. The hot little red head sure knew her way around a stiff cock! Dante felt himself stirring as he remembered. 'Fuck Dante, your a gentleman remember?'

He scolded himself and got out of the jeep. He watched Callie gather her bag and the gun as she got out too. Curious, he grabbed his bag and he followed her. She walked around the side of the motel and knocked on door number 8.

Shuffling could be heard from inside. A young woman in obvious distress answered the door. She was wearing a tiny tank top that barely covered her b cup boobs and a ultra mini skirt. She had no ass and long skinny legs. At first Dante thought she was a prostitute and instinctively looked around for her pimp. He was confused when she clung to Callie crying.

She was beat up pretty badly. Callie wasn't handling it real well so before he ended up with two hysterical women on his hands, Dante figured he better take charge of the situation. If that were possible.

Dante got both women to sit down and started asking questions. He determined that the beat up woman was Stacy Eagen and that she and Callie were cousins. That Stacy had been beaten up by her boyfriend not her pimp. That garnered him a dirty look from both girls.

The boyfriend was a career criminal and a real bad dude. Upon being released from a short stint in the slammer he found out that Stacy had been pregnant. Now he was after her baby. Not because he wanted to to raise the baby but because he could sell it for a lot of cold hard cash. Stacy was real scared.

That got Callie's full attention. A very new blond baby with eyes as blue as Callie's was produced from a basket hidden beside the bed. There was also a box of clothes for the baby and a diaper bag of supplies.

Callie accepted the tiny bundle into her arms. She appeared to be less than 3 months old. Callie was enraptured by the small creature. Dante was enraptured by the delicate pink areola that was peeking out of Callie's torn shirt. Another half inch and her nipple would be on display. He closed his eyes.

Stacy started crying again. She couldn't go home. Her mom had left when she was three and no one had seen her since. The Family was pretty sure her dad had killed her. Stacy had left home so abruptly because her Dad was fucking her.

She couldn't turn to Callie's Dad or her other uncles either. They were as bad as her own Father. Callie seemed to adamantly agree with Stacy about that.

Dante wished she would not nod her head so vigorously. It jiggled her perfect tits and made his mouth water. She seemed to have forgotten the ripped T-shirt and her nearly nude look was killing him. The girls were talking again. He struggled to pay attention.

"Callie, I need you to take Grace. Take her and keep her safe."

"Yes, yes, anything." Callie's strong sense of loyalty wouldn't let her abandon baby Grace.

Stacy was real quiet for a moment. She lifted pleading eyes to Callie's.

"It gets worse Cal..." Fresh tears slid down Stacy's face. "I'm dying."

Callie's eyes grew wide and filled with tears. "What? What do you mean your dying?"

Stacy explained her illness. She had a rare grade 4 aggressive brain tumour. She would be dead in three months.

Dante asked her how she found out about it.

Stacy was crying again. "Before Grace was born I got a headache that wouldn't go away. I still have it. They found the tumour but it was too advanced already. I've had it for 5 years they think."

She dumped a pile of pills out of her purse. A white envelope fell out with them. She handed the envelope to Callie. She explained that the papers were for Grace. Her birth certificate, custody papers in case something went wrong. A letter for her for when she got older... Some pictures of Stacy, one of Grace's father.

Before Callie could respond a knock sounded on the door. Stacy wiped her eyes and went to answer it. A beautiful black woman in a nurses uniform stood there. Stacy smiled and invited her in.

"This is Patrice. She is my nurse. I'm leaving now..."

"What? Wait! Woah, woah, woah... Stacy I can't take Grace for ever! I'm only 18! What am I gonna do with a baby!" Callie was in full panic mode.

Stacy walked back to Callie. She put her hands on either side of her face. Looking deep in her eyes she said.

"If you don't take Grace I will understand. Your young, your scared. But, Grace will have nothing and no one with out you Callie. You can do this. Your stronger than you think. Besides, you are the only decent family Grace has left. A foster home is no place for family. She would be adopted out to strangers. In a few years when you are older will you be able to live with the fact that you walked out on her? I'm already leaving baby Grace because I have no choice. But I am leaving her with the kindest, most loving person I know. Your the only option I have left Cal"

Callie looked down at the now sleeping bundle in her arms. Her heart broke. She looked back at Stacy and nodded.

Stacy took Grace from Callie and wept over her. Then she seemed to get ahold of herself. She kissed her baby's forehead. Handing her back to Callie she hugged her close too. Then she was gone. Dante held Callie as she cried. His was a perfect gentleman.

Dante paced the small room debating what to do. Callie was asleep on the bed. Baby grace slept beside her. He felt obligated to help Callie out of her dilemma but he had never made a mature adult decision in his life. The deeply engrained southern gentleman in him said that he should help her out but the immature play boy was restless. What would he gain? He was so agitated he spoke his thoughts out loud.

"What if I just marry her? I've been been struggling with attraction for her since I saved her sweet neck so that's not a problem. Moms desperate for a grandchild so she could help Callie with the baby. Hell she might even take over then Callie could be free too. My family has money so Callie and the baby would be well taken care of. I'd be doing something good for someone other than myself for a change. I'd be the hero for once not my do right brother Damien. Besides, she's one hell of a looker. We could have some fun and no body would get hurt. What's the worst that could happen?"

When Callie woke up Dante had made up his mind. Callie was so overwhelmed by all she'd been through that she didn't even asked questions as he explained his plan. She needed someone strong to lean on and Dante's charm made it easy for her to shove reality aside and let him take care of her, even if it was only temporarily, and a new last name would help her stay under the radar.

A week later Dante and Callie stood in front of his family 'fait accompli'. It had taken awhile to apply for and obtain a licence but they were married now.

There was a lull in the outburst and Callie looked around. Up on the wall above the massive fireplace was a huge family portrait. It was of the Harringtons when they were a young family. In the portrait Dante was standing beside what was obviously his identical twin! Callie had been told about Damien the 'self righteous' brother but Dante had left out his twin status. Callie wondered why.

She cringed as Dante's father started yelling...again. His mother was blubbering over baby Grace. They seemed at odds with each other to Callie. In fact, the only thing they seemed to agree on was how irresponsible Dante was. Dante looked at Callie and grinned. He wasn't worried. He rolled his eyes at her. None of this was new to him. Taking baby grace from his mom he crossed the room to Callie. He took her hand and led her upstairs. Callie could hear his shocked parents fighting downstairs.

"I can't believe he's gone and had a family behind our backs!" His dad roared. "And with somebody so young!"

"She is certainly beautiful" said Mom. "Did you see those eyes!?"

"Lucinda, this is serious! I bet he didn't even get a pre-numpt!"

"Carter...he is your son!"

Once they were alone in his room Dante let out a huge sigh. He ran his fingers through his hair.

"Sorry about that Callie. I really didn't figure Dad for a fit. I'm 32. I figured I could get married if I wanted to."

That shocked her. She studied his face. She decided he didn't look a day over 25. Callie wasn't sure she'd have married him if she'd have known his true age. She was too exhausted to figure out what that would mean for her though. She lifted tired eyes to his.

"It's okay" she said. "It's far better than what my Daddy would have done."

After everything he'd heard about the Eagen Brothers Dante had no doubt! To be honest he was a little worried about Callie's father but he buried it and refused to think about it. That's what he always did with things he couldn't deal with.

He helped Callie deal with Grace and get her to bed. He hadn't slept with her yet. A big part of him wanted to slam his rigid cock into her hot little cunt the first night and every night! But, the gentleman in him wanted to wait till he married her. Callie looked too tired to deal with his lust tonight so he left them both asleep in his bed. He slipped out to the bar for a drink.

In the morning when Callie woke Dante wasn't there. As she headed down the stairs with Grace, she could smell breakfast. The most delicious smells! Bacon and coffee. She was nervous about joining the family for their meal. She shouldn't have been.

As soon as she appeared she was enveloped into the goings on. Grace was taken from her and she was showered with food. Lucinda chattered away at baby grace making nonsense with her but Grace seemed to like it she kicked and coo'd right back.

Lucinda was classically pretty with light brown hair and amber eyes. She topped 5'10 and her slim build was lacking in curves. At the other end of the table sat Dante's father. His plate was piled high with food. Carter was reading the paper. Every so often he shook his head and laughed as he ate. His hair was snow white and his eyes a light grey color. They twinkled like happy little stars when he laughed. He could pass as Santa if he were fat but he was as tall and muscular as his boys. It was obvious were they had gotten their build from!

Callie didn't figure out the mystery of their dark wavy hair and sinful green eyes until an even older woman walked into the room. She was absolutely regal and looked exactly like her twin Grandsons only she was as tiny and petite as Callie was herself.

Lucinda introduced her as 'Mother Harrington' making her Carters elderly parent. She wondered then who Carter took after. She assuming it was his father.

They passed a pleasant day. It was Sunday so everyone was laid back and relaxed. The normal routine was for the family to head to the Southern Baptist Church for early morning service but that had been set aside due to the chaos of her arrival.

This was a traditional wealthy southern family that still believed in producing debutants and dressing for dinner. Callie knew and understood the lifestyle because of her mother and grandmother. She was embarrassed that she had nothing more to wear than her old jeans and ripped up T-shirts.

She wondered where Dante was. Her errant husband hadn't appeared for dinner and she felt uncomfortable asking. She thought they'd assume she knew where he was.

After dinner they sat around for evening drinks. Mother Harrington was holding Grace and she and Lucinda sat talking quietly in the corner. Callie was being entertained by Carter. He regaled her with stories of Dante and Damien when they were young. Somehow Damien always came out on top. He was always faster, stronger, smarter. It became obvious to her that though Carter loved both his sons that he was most proud of Damien.

Damien worked the family business. He was responsible and determined, loyal and fair. Not quite the image Dante had painted. Unlike Damien, Dante was a serious playboy. He lived off the family money and never kept a job. He'd get bored, restless, or fired, whichever came first.

"To be honest dear, we are all shocked that he committed himself to you in marriage. He's never finished anything." Carters eyes were sad as he spoke.

She wondered if they knew the real Dante. The man who was dumb enough to rescue a girl with an empty gun and sweet enough to rock a newborn to sleep. Callie knew she had seen glimpses of the true Dante. A man that his family had never seen.