A Southern Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He smiled at her warmly.

Callie smiled back.

"I'm glad to hear you say that father because the second thing we want to announce is that Grace is not Dante's daughter."

The room was filled with stunned silence. Before anyone could speak Damien continued.

"She is not Callie's either."

A collective gasp went up. "We will however be adopting her so she will be a Harrington."

Callie's eyes flew to Damien's. She gave him a brilliant, heart stopping smile. They hadn't discussed adopting Grace. She was thrilled to hear that he wanted them both so permanently in his life.

"Well..." Carter chose his words carefully. "She won't technically be a Harrington..."

Virginia Harrington got up from he chair and raised her voice. "Before you say something asinine son, please know this. YOU are not technically a Harrington either. Non of you are."

Dante snorted. Damien stared at his grandmother hard. Carter blustered.

"What are you saying mother? Of course I am a Harrington! As was my father and his before him!"

"No you are not you silly bastard! Your actually a Fairview. I had an affair with old Jack when I discovered that your daddy misfired. He drew nothing but blanks poor man. We needed at least one heir to pass the plate to so to speak..."

Carter had gone as white as his hair. He was speechless.

"Gracie is every inch a Harrington so far as I'm concerned." With that she got up and walked out muttering to herself.

Lucinda called a servant over and ordered a tray for her. She'd be hungry after her bout of mischief tonight.

The next day Damien approached Callie about finding Stacy. The only thing that Callie knew was that she was going to a hospice and that a beautiful black nurse named Patrice worked there.

Damien and Callie drove all over the county and surrounding area checking the shelters, hostiles, and hospices for a nurse named Patrice. Finally they found one but the staff wouldn't give them any information. Callie left her cell phone number for her to be contacted by the nurse on her next shift. They made the long drive home.

Searching for Stacy had made Callie miss her Grandmother. She called and spoke to Dougie.

Daddy had been to the house the day after she had left.

"So sorry Miss Callie but your Grandma she passed away of a heart attack that night. She been gone three months or more now miss. Funerals all done."

Callie was crying.

"You there Miss?"

"Yes Dougie. Thank you so much for telling me."

"Maybe I should take your number Miss. For the Lawyer like."

Callie recited her number for her Grandmothers faithful servant and hung up. She lay on her bed and cried her heart out. That's were Damien found her.

Damien had come in to tell Callie that Grace and Lucinda were home. He knew something was wrong the moment he'd opened the door. He could hear Callie's quiet sobs. He came over to the bed and looked down at his young wife. His heart wrenched in his chest. Her face was streaked with tears. She was crying as if someone had died. Damien wanted to rip the heart out of the person that had hurt her this badly. He hoped it wasn't him.

A feeling of tenderness washed over him as he scooped her up and pulled her onto his lap. Her arms immediately came around his neck as she sobbed. He kissed her neck and nibbled her gently. He rubbed her back and rocked her until she had cried all her tears.

"What happened Callie?" His concerned green eyes searched her face for clues to what had gone so wrong. She lifted her eyes then and sniffed. She looked so small and lost as she said "Grandma has died. She had a heart attack. Daddy killed her. He scared her to death."

Damien called Drummond and Drummond law firm. He spoke to Fenton. He made arrangements for him to come out to the house and meet with the Harrington's family Lawyer, Joseph Wainwright. They set up the appointment and Damien wrung off. He held Callie till she fell asleep.

Hours later Callie got a call. It was Patrice.

"I'm sorry to call so late Mrs Harrington. I just got your message. I'm sorry I don't recognize the name can you tell me what this is about?"

Callie was excited.

"Patrice... It's me, Callie. Stacy Eagens cousin."

"Oh Shug I been lookin for you everywhere!"

"You have?"

"Oh yes Darlin' I got some things for you that were your cousins bless her soul."

"Oh thank you Patrice! How will I get them?"

"I'm off tomorrow. Let me come get you. Have you ever had authentic Gumbo?"

Callie laughed "No I haven't had a chance."

"Let me take you to my home in the bayou and make you some good old fashioned gumbo. You can bring that sweet baby so I can finally meet her. We can remember her mama together."

As tears slid down Her face she said "that sounds wonderful."

Callie found Damien in his office. She asked his permission to go with Patrice to the Bayou. Damien thought it was a great idea.

He noticed how rock hard it always made him when Callie asked his permission to do things. He bent her over his desk. He made her beg him to spank her. Callie had been spanked before and didn't like it but for some reason the thought of Damien spanking her bare ass turned her on and made her wet!

She begged him prettily to pull her panties off and spank her bare bum.

"Please spank me really hard" she whispered.

Damien lifted her skirt and rubbed her beautiful round ass. She was wearing a sexy lace thong. He rubbed first one cheek, then the other. He rubbed her pussy. She was wet. It made him harder.

He smacked her firmly at first. Deliberate, controlled strokes. She moaned. He rubbed the pink spots gently. He pulled her panties aside and delved into her tight hole. She was sopping wet! She wiggled on his tongue. Fuck she was hot!

She begged him to put her over his knee and spank her right. Damien lost control. He grabbed her off the desk and pulled her dress off her. He undid her bra. She stood before him in just her lacy white thong.

"Turn around" he said. She turned. Her sweet round ass was still red. He sat down on his office chair.

"Come bend over my knee." She obeyed him draping herself over his lap. She could feel his hard cock in his pants.

The first slap took her by surprise. She jumped. It stung but it also felt good deep in her pussy. She was prepared for the next slap. She groaned. The third time Damien made see to slap her wet pussy too. Damien bruised her tender skin over and over till she came on his lap. Then he sat her up and fucked her hard and deep.

Patrice arrived early the next morning. Callie buckled Grace's car seat into Patrice's car and they left the Harrington estate.

They arrived at the docks in good time. Patrice produced a boba wrap for Callie to tie baby grace to her. It was a long stretchy piece of fabric that she wrapped around Callie and the baby.

"This is so little Miss Gracie stays safe in the boat" explained the beautiful Louisiana native. "Our bayou can be a dangerous place for little ones." She winked at Callie as she fired the motor boat and drove away from the docks.

They didn't talk much on the way. The outboard motor made conversation uncomfortable. Besides, it was Callie's first trip into the Bayou and she was speechless at the beauty of it.

Huge tall sweeping trees were everywhere. Birds could heard in the trees. Thick green water crescent floated in patches on the water. Occasional alligators could be seen floating just out of the water. Callie was captivated.

Patrice's home was nothing like Callie expected. It was nestled in the tall grasses and trees above the water. It had a lower deck for docking boats and fishing. A higher deck for socializing. The house was all wood and slightly run down but very stately. It was obvious that Patrice had sunk some money into her home.

Once inside the women set about starting the gumbo. Callie was instructed to cut vegetables while Patrice put on the shrimp and rice. They laughed and reminisced about Stacy over large glasses of sweet tea.

After their meal Patrice produced a medium sized box. Inside was a beautiful quilt that Stacy had used at the Hospice while she was there. There were a few hand made crafts done during her more well days and a large Manila envelope.

Callie opened the envelope. It was an autopsy report one Miss Stacy Eagen. Callie looked at Patrice in confusion.

"Stacy died of natural causes Patrice... Why would they do an autopsy?"

"Honey I can't tell you why, just that it had to do with her brain tumour."

"It has my Uncle Luke listed as next of kin. Why am I getting it?"

"Stacy wanted you to have a copy of everything to do with her...When her Daddy came to pay for the funeral he was real mad about the baby. He kept demanding to know where his grandchild was."

Callie went cold inside. "Uncle Luke was here?" She felt faint. "What did you tell him?"

Patrice laughed a deep soulful sound. "I didn't tell him nothing girl! Stacy went through a lot of trouble to hide that baby and her Daddy seemed like a real bad dude."

"What do you mean he seemed bad?" Callie whispered.

"I overheard him making a phone call. He was cussin like a real back water boy. Called Stacy a bitch and said she cost him a fortune to bury her slutty ass. I wanted to slap his face." Her voice was hard.

Callie was feeling closed in. She stood up and paced.

"I sure wish I knew who he was talking too."

Callie was talking more to herself than Patrice but Patrice answered her anyway. She shrugged and said "some guy named Billy."

Callie's heart stopped. Then started again. Daddy knew. Daddy knew she was in Louisiana.

Callie stepped through the wooden door and down the two steps to the upper deck. Baby Grace was tied to her and sleeping soundly. Callie heard a gun cock. Her head flew up as she looked for the gun. At the other end of the deck stood Ruddy Myers, Grace's Daddy.

He looked just like his photo. Taller than she thought he stood 6 feet, heavy build. His hair was not quite red and his eyes were pale blue. He had on a wife beater and jeans that showed his collection of tatoos. He had several on his arms, one on his neck and a few on his face. The large chest tattoo was partially hidden by his shirt. His gun was very small but would kill her just the same.

"Give me the kid." His low menacing growl sent shivers up Callie's spine.

"H...how did you f...find me?" Callie shook with fear.

"Bitch I've been following you for months waiting for a chance to grab my kid. I know where you live, what you drive, and who you're doin." His smug smile was pure evil.

He shook the gun at her. "Now untie the kid and give it to me."

"Give me the kid!" He yelled.

Callie gulped air into her frozen lungs.

"I can't do that. I promised I wouldn't."

That seemed to make him mad. He raised his gun again and lifted his foot to step forward.

"Give me the fuckin kid or you will never leave this bayou bitch!" Spit flew from his mouth as he shouted at her.

Callie heard the double barrel shot gun cock somewhere behind her.

Patrice's voice sounded deadly as she said " No. You will never leave this Bayou...bitch"

Her first shot sent him flying off the deck. Callie heard the splash, the scream and the frenzy of gators fighting for the prize. She couldn't look.

Patrice walked calm as you please to the edge of the deck. She peered down into the now still water. Ruddy was floating face down and was missing a few body parts.

"He's dead baby."

Patrice brought Callie home and delivered her and grace into Damien's waiting arms. She put the box of Stacey's personal effects on the step at his feet. Callie left the warmth of Damien's arms and hugged Patrice tight.

"Thank you." She whispered.

Patrice chuckled. "Oh my pleasure Shug. You stay in touch baby girl... Y'hear?"

Callie nodded. She waved until Patrice was out of sight.

Callie told Damien that night all about what had happened in the Bayou.

That night Damien made love to Callie. He was gentle and sweet as he rocked her body into oblivion.

He wanted to make up for the aggressive way he'd taken her virginity. He brought her to orgasm after orgasm with his tongue as he loved her sweet hole with his mouth.

He loved to look at her pussy. It was so small! He liked to watch his huge cock fill her and stretch her as he fed her inch after inch of his dick. Not happy till he'd bottomed out deep inside her.

He took her hard then. Mastering her, dominating her, possessing her. He made her beg him to allow her to cum but when she did she melted in his arms.

Callie was emotionally drained. She had dealt with so much death in just a few short days. She would have disappeared into herself but for her new family. They offered her so much love and support. Damien was by her side almost constantly. Lanthe, the sister she had never had, spent hours talking with her. Eventually she felt better.

Fenton Drummond, her Lawyer arrived that afternoon bringing the pain and grief of losing Grandmother Grantham back fresh and new. Damien and Callie made small talk over coffee while they waited for Joseph Wainwright to arrive. The four of them closeted up in the office to discuss business.

"Callie as you are aware your Grandmother left you sole beneficiary of her estate. Your Grandmother had everything in order. The house is worth 1.5 million and is ready to go on the market. Dougie has placed all the heirloom furniture in storage for you per your Grandmothers request. He will remain there on staff until you either replace him or sell"

His voice shook momentarily. He had been friends with Morgana and was saddened by her loss.

"I have brought her jewelry here with me today. You will need to make a decision about dishes, knock knacks, books, and that sort of thing. I took the liberty of preparing a cashiers check for you in the amount of $2,000,000.00 you just need to sign for it. All her assets were liquidated, as I'm sure you remember we discussed, accept the house. Do you want to sell it?"

Joseph asked a few questions, made a few suggestions and soon the issue of Grandmothers death was settled. Damien walked Fenton to the door and shook hands with him. Fenton spoke before leaving.

"Take good care of Miss Callie. She was the apple of Morgana's eye. She's been through a lot. I'm glad she's found you Damien. You seem like a very good man." With that the elderly man left.

Damien rejoined his wife in the office. He explained to Joseph that they wanted to register some paperwork with him. He handed over both the white and Manila envelopes.

"We want to adopt Grace as quickly as humanly possible. Both her parents are deceased though we can only prove Stacey's death."

Joseph was in his late 50 and was a damn good lawyer. He saw no trouble with getting this done. "Anything else?"

"Yes we need new wills. I need to arrange for Callie and Grace as well as any children we have. Callie needs her own will as well. She wants Grace provided for separately. Due to the nature of both Callie's Father and Grace's Grandfather, Callie wants it so that they can never touch Grace's inheritance. She can explain..."

The meeting over with Damien took Callie to their room. He laid down with her and they spoke quietly while Damien held her. He stayed with her as she slept.

Callie woke to Damien's hands wandering over her body. She rolled to face him and was warmed by the love she saw in his eyes. She loved him too though she had never spoken the words. She was about to when there was a knock on the door.

"Enter' came Damien's frustrated reply. It was Mother Harrington. Dante shot out of the bed and was at the door in an instant! His concern for her was palatable. In all his life his Grandmother had never come to his room! She entered now as though she owned the place.

Callie sat up. Virginia Harrington was struck again by how angelically beautiful her new Granddaughter-in-law was. She would have made a top Deb that was certain! "I've come to talk to you about dear Morgana Callie. Damien get tea. Callie and I want some!" She headed for the two wing back chairs.

Callie smiled. She jumped up to join Mother Harrington. Curling up in the two chairs like old friends they visited until Mother Harrington was tired.

"Dear sweet Morgana! I just learned from Carter that she passed. I'm sorry dear. You must be so sad! I had no idea you came from quality my dear. Don't get me wrong, you have lovely manners, but that's not the same as being from an old established family now is it? I remember when Morgana and I were young Debs together. I met her..."

Callie had learned a lot from Mother Harrington. She shared all she knew about the young Morgana DuCain. About her whirlwind romance with the much sought after bachelor Carl Grantham. Their great love affair and even their young daughters circuit as a debutante. Callie's heart and mind were filled with wonderful happy stories to hold on to and it helped her let go of her grief.

Life returned to normal at the Harrington estate. Soon it was announced that Dante and Lanthe were expecting. Everyone was happy for them. They returned to the Philippines to spend time with Lanthe's family. Callie missed her terribly. The house was quiet without Dante's youthful exuberance.

One evening just after dark Callie was coming down the staircase in search of Damien. She had just put Grace to bed. Mother Harrington was in her quarters and Carter and Lucinda were out at a charity event so the house was quiet. Most of the household staff had left for the night. Callie looked up. She saw her Daddy just before he cocked his gun. She froze. He was just inside the door. He had a gun in each hand.

"Hello Callie girl. I've been searching for you. That's quite the little chase you had me on."

Callie went to move but Daddy shook his head.

"You stay right there till I tell you to move bitch."

"Yes Daddy.." Callie looked around. There was no one but her and daddy.

"How did you find me here?" She was genuinely confused. The Harrington's had no connection to Callie on paper anywhere.

"I knew you were in Louisiana as soon as Luke told me that Stacy died with a baby. I knew you would be in that like a dirty shirt. You are so predictable!"

Daddy took several steps towards her. He peered into the living room to make sure it was empty. His gun was pointed at her the entire time.

Callie wondered where CJ was. Daddy never went went anywhere without him.

Daddy read her face like an open book. He smirked. "Don't worry Cal... CJ's out in the truck waiting."

"I went to that hospice and found the black bitch Patrice that Luke dealt with. I pretended to be your lawyer. Told her I had news of your daddy's death. That there were papers to sign. I even wore a suit. She ate that shit up and gave me your address."

Callie thought he must have put on a good show for Patrice to give up information about her.

Daddy growled "I'm here for my money Callie."

Callie nodded her head and said "yes Daddy."

"Good girl! You come down here. Let's go. You give Daddy his money and maybe I won't drag you back home where you belong."

Callie slowly started down the stairs. Her feet felt like led.

Callie heard noise out the window to her left. She glanced up to see Mother Harrington walking by with a .16 gage shotgun. "Pay attention Callie." Daddy's sarcastic voice brought her eyes back to him.

Daddy yelled "get a move on Callie before I shoot you for all the trouble you caused me."

That made Callie stop. She looked at Daddy. "If you shoot me you won't get anything."

Daddy's eyes narrowed. He looked at Callie with such suspicion and hate she shrunk back.

"Why is that?" Daddy lifted his eyebrow like he did when Callie was gonna give the wrong answer and he knew it. It frightened her more.