After The Dust Had Settled

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then Bryan began to pour all five shot glasses full of tequila, and handing one of them to me, he said, "Because there are five of us, you must drink five shots."

I looked at Bryan like he was crazy till Tommy laughed and said, "Come on, L.B. We all did it."

Looking at him and Bryan, I growled and said, "Yeah, but you two assholes only had to take two shots each....fuckers!"

Laughter broke out all around and Danny said, "Relax, L.B., I had to do four."

I used to drink tequila in high school with Dad when Mom was out of town on business, and loved drinking it right out of the bottle and because I loved these guys so very much; it just wouldn't be right not to mess with them like they were trying to mess with me, So, baiting them, I pulled five, one-hundred dollar bills out of my pocket and laid them on the table next to the shot glasses, and said, "I've got five hundred dollars, that's a hundred and twenty-five dollars a piece, if you can drink more than five shots in rapid succession. That means you have to drink them all in under thirty seconds!"

Tommy leaned back against the wall, and with a smug tone of voice, said, "Can you do it, bad-ass?"

I looked at Bryan, and winking, said "Time me!"

"Go!" said Bryan, looking at his wrist watch, and I began to down all five shots of tequila. When I had set the last remaining shot glass down on the table empty, I looked at Bryan. He looked up from his watch like he'd seen a ghost and said, "Holy Shit! Twelve seconds!"

It grew as quiet as a tomb in the back of the bus as I looked at the rest of the guys, and with my hand on the money I'd laid on the table, I laughed and asked, "Do we have any takers?"

Everyone began to laugh heartily, and suddenly, a laughing Tommy wrapped me in a bear hug and said, "You little fucker," and continued laughing along with everyone else. The rest of the ride was a lot of fun as we had the chance to do nothing but, horse around and goof off and relax. Some slept while the rest partied. And then some partied while the rest slept. Overall we had the chance to really bond as a group of really close friends that just happened to play music together, as opposed to some of the industry manufactured, bull shit bands that are out today.

*********************

On the morning of the fourth day, we pulled into the Hyatt on Second Avenue on Miami Beach. "Man, finally, I need a hot shower," said Tommy.

"Ain't that the truth, ya stinky bastard," laughed Bryan.

*********************

That afternoon, we were met by our A&R (Artist and Relations) person. Imagine our shock when we were approached by a woman that couldn't have been much older than any of us. She introduced herself and told us her name was Sharon, and come to find out, she was thirty-one. She was very pretty, making me think of Andie and how much I already missed her. To relieve the tension I was feeling, I looked at Sharon and said, "So, what do we call you.....Bwanna?"

A cacophony of laughter broke out amongst the guys till Sharon, unfazed, said, "You must be Mark! Don said you were the little one, uh...I mean the youngest one of the group!" The rest of the guys began to laugh even harder than before while Sharon simply smiled, while glaring at me.

Not to be outdone, I winked at Bryan, then looked at Sharon and replied, "All you need to do is talk to my wife, dear girl. The things she could tell you will make you blush as brightly as she does at the mere thought of it!"

With her glare softening to a warm smile, Sharon laughed and said, "Don also said that you were a smart ass, too," then she laughed again, and to all of us, said, "Come with me guys and we'll go over some things before the show tonight. She took us to a meeting room there in the hotel and sat us down at the table there. Then after informing us that we would be playing to a sold out crowd in The Orange Bowl Stadium, she laughed while we picked our chins up off the floor.

*********************

When we arrived at the Orange Bowl, the limo pulled into the arena, onto the field and right up to the stage. The stadium lights were all completely dark. We took the stage and were led to our respective places where our instruments were very dimly lit. All of a sudden, I heard a voice come over the stadium's public address system that said, "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN......LIVE FROM DALLAS TEXAS......I BRING YOU......PRODIGY!!!!!!"

Per Sharon's advice, we opened up the show with the first release of the album, a song I wrote called, "When Wishes Come True". It's a song I wrote right after I met Andie and it was a definite number one hit. When we finished the song, the crowd went nuts. The Hollywood Bowl only held eighteen thousand people, but the Orange Bowl seated over seventy-four thousand people and every seat was filled. Man, this was great! I knew then that I was born to do exactly what it is we were all doing, and it was at that moment that my musical fate was sealed. The moment the crowd began cheering, we all looked at one another, each of us, a wild look in our eyes. We continued to play our music, bringing the crowd to a near frenzy and revving us up to play even more intensely than ever before.

*********************

That night I called Andie from the hotel to tell her about the show. I knew that there was a two hour time difference, but I just couldn't resist. I dialed our home number and on the fourth ring, I heard Andie's sleepy voice answer and say, "Hello?"

"Hi baby, it's me," I gently replied.

"Hi baby, I love you and I miss you so much," she replied, now obviously wide-awake by the sound of her voice.

"How have you been?" I asked.

"Like I said, I've been missing you, silly," she replied giggling, "So, how did it go tonight?" As I told her all about everything that had happened since we last saw each other, the longing within me that needed her grew even more than I was already feeling. Before I could even finish telling her about the past few days' events, I felt tears begin to sting my eyes and roll down my face. Andie later told me that she could feel my heart merely by the sound of my voice, because I heard her say, "Aw, it's going to be okay, baby, and I love you so very much!"

"I just never thought that I would miss you so much, and I'm sorry that I woke you up," I replied, feeling ashamed for crying.

"You listen to me, Mark Alan Thompson, you're my husband and I'm you wife so, there's nothing for you to apologize for, okay?" Andie replied, "Besides, missing me is not such a bad thing, baby!"

"Oh yeah, and how is that?"

Andie laughed and then sweetly replied, "It let's me know that you really love me, Mark, because I really love you!"

"I know you do and I really love you, too!"

"Mark, there's something I need to tell you and I'm not real sure you're going to be happy about it," said Andie, crying, "and I'm really sorry about it, baby"

"Aw baby, it's not that bad, is it?"

Imagine my surprise when she said, "I think I'm pregnant!"

"Are you sure?"

"Well, my period is almost four weeks late and I've been getting sick for the past three or four mornings,"

I experienced an enormous feeling of love sweep across my being, and it was then that I knew God had a hand in designing my life, and that I simply had to see my wife before I went crazy.

*********************

"Aw, that's great news, baby girl," said Mom, upon hearing the news, a week later, that she was going to be a grandmother.

Dad swept Andie into his arms, and with tears coming from his eyes, he held her closely and said, "Andie darlin, I want to be the first one to tell you that I love you, and I'm proud that you're going to be the mother of mine and Kerrie's first grandson,"

"What're you going to do if she has a little girl, Michael?" asked Mom, grinning, making Andie and I laugh as well.

Dad simply smiled and asked, "Have you decided on what you two want to name her...uh...him...uh...I mean, the baby?"

"We haven't really had too much time to think about it, Dad. We just now got the news ourselves, remember?" I replied, smiling and patting him on the back.

Mom hugged Andie, and after gently patting her tummy, smiled and said, "Oh honey, I absolutely loved being pregnant and so will you. We are gonna have the best time shopping for baby clothes, and the nursery, and the..."

"Mom!" I said, interrupting her, "Ya'll can do that after I'm gone. Until then, we're going back home so I can spend what little time I have left with my wife.

Mom smiled, and after hugging both Andie and me, she said, "I understand, babies. You two get outta here....and don't forget to call us before you leave, Mark, sweetie."

"Yes ma'am!" I replied grinning.

*********************

Andie smiled at me and put her hand on the inside of my thigh while I was driving and said, "I don't know who's more excited about this baby, us or your Mom and Dad."

"I know," I laughed, "Mom's gonna spoil the shit outta you, you know that, don't you?"

"I think your mother is one of the sweetest souls alive," Andie replied, scooting over next to sit right me in the truck.

"She was always there for me when I was growing up, and I love her almost as much as I love you." I replied, as Andie began stroking her hand up and down along the inside of my thigh.

All too soon she moved her hand from my thigh to my crotch, causing a stirring that began to give me rise, as she giggled and said, "Speaking of growing, I feel something growing underneath your pants."

**********************

The next morning at 10:00 am, Andie held my hand as we stood together at the departure gate at Love Field, in Dallas. Then, as the announcement to board the plane came across the public address system; Andie leaned over and kissed me then said, "I love you, Mark Thompson."

"I love you too, Andrea Thompson," I replied smiling, "And I always will!"

*********************

I arrived in Los Angeles around 10:30 am, 12:30 pm Texas time, and Bryan was waiting for me at the arrival gate with a stupid grin plastered across his face. As I got close enough for him to hear me, I smiled and said, "What the hell are you grinning about?"

"I heard the good news just a little while ago," he replied, "Congratulations Dad!"

"Thanks, Bry," I said, "Now come on and help me get my bags." We laughed and kidded each other, and Bryan filled me in on everything that had happened in the short time since I last saw him. I knew that we were going back out on the road in a couple of days, but I was surprised to learn that we had been booked to play a gala event being thrown for President Jimmy Carter at the Whitehouse. Bryan went on to tell me that Don had set it up for us through his political connections in Washington D. C. That particular gig however, was still four months out. I sure wished that Andie, as well as Mom and Dad could be there to see it, but I knew it was very unlikely. I wasn't real crazy about Andie traveling that kind of distance by herself to begin with, much less being pregnant so, that was that.

"Oh, by the way, we're playing Pauly pavilion, on the U.C.L.A. campus, tomorrow night, L.B." Bryan laughed, as we made our way outside the airport.

Before I could respond, a limousine pulled up with the Danny's and Phil's smiling faces hanging out of the back windows, and Tommy's sticking up through the open sunroof. When the vehicle came to a stop in front of us, all three of them piled out, and in unison, said, "Congratulations L.B.! You're gonna be a father!"

"Come on, you guys," I said smiling, "Ah....what the hell.....let's go have a beer"

*********************

The following night, I sat backstage with my four brothers talking about what we were going to play, as well as how we wanted to end the show this time. Don had given us free reign when it came to, not only what songs we wanted t play, but how we wanted to end the show. I had always enjoyed this part of playing with my friends, and I knew that these four guys had become, and would forever be, a part of my life. I never forgot to thank God for it either, and as I look back on my life now, I know that his divine hand had been what guided me along.

As we took the stage that night, the crowd went nuts. Prodigy was becoming bigger, as well as more successful than any of us ever imagined; and with our success came money, lots of it. However, being blessed to have the parents that I did, me and the rest of the guys chose to seek Mom's counsel in matters of investment and sensible spending habits. "While I think you guys are exceedingly brilliant, you won't be able to do this forever, and you need to think about what you're going to do when you each decide you're ready to retire," she would tell us. Our shows were beginning to come, one right after another, and before very long; it became an endless series of night after night of playing the same thing, over and over. We refused to let it turn monotonous though. We had promised ourselves from the very start that the moment it ceased to be fun; then we were through. It never did and that's why I stand here today, the man that I became and continue to be.

*********************

Over the course of the next sixteen weeks, we played our way from the west coast to the east, and before we knew it; the play date in Washington D.C. was upon us. We talked Don into booking us rooms at the Watergate Hotel. After all, it was the occurrences that took place there four years earlier that caused President Richard Nixon to resign from office, and we all thought it would be cool to stay there.

However, the moment our tour bus pulled up to the hotel, we saw a crowd that had gathered in anticipation of our arrival. I looked out the window and smiled at all the friendly faces waiting for us to step off the bus. When the doors opened people were all around us, smiling and/or waving their hands in the air. I even heard my name being shouted by more than one female voice. I couldn't believe that all these people were here to see us, but they were. We stood there shaking hands with our fans and signing autographs and having a blast doing it. Suddenly, a large black limousine with dark tinted windows pulled swiftly into the hotel parking lot, barely missing running over several people and came to a stop right beside our bus.

All at once, the doors opened and two men dressed in black suits, white shirts, with black ties, both wearing dark sunglasses, stepped out of the vehicle. As they approached us, I heard Bryan say, "Holy Shit! Those guys look like Secret Service Agents."

"What are they doing here?" I asked worriedly.

One of the two men walked up to us and flatly announced, "My name is Agent David Timmerman and we are with the Secret Service. We're here to search not only your bus, but you and your instruments as well."

"I hate to tell you this, but you gentlemen have neither a warrant nor reasonable suspicion so, I suggest you go back to the Whitehouse and tell your boss that I said he's out of line for even suggesting such a thing," said Danny plainly.

"And who might you be?" Timmerman flippantly asked.

"You're violating my civil rights by even asking such a question, and you can go tell whomever sent you that I said so, got it?" replied Danny grinning.

"I work for the President of the United States, and you're under arrest," said Timmerman, drawing his weapon, "Get on your knees and interlace your fingers behind your head."

Danny laughed and said, "You don't work for the President. You work for the United States of America and its taxpayers. Basically, you work for all of us standing outside the confines of the Whitehouse, and that includes me so; fuck you, Secret Service man!" Suddenly, and without warning, Timmerman shoved the muzzle of his weapon under Danny's throat and then tried to force him against the outside of the bus. I grabbed Timmerman by the throat and attempted to pull him off of Danny.

All at once I felt the muzzle of a weapon being placed at the back of my skull near the base of my neck, and someone saying, "Let go of him, now!" In my refusal to do so, the other agent pulled the hammer back on his weapon and repeated his warning. Because of my martial arts training, I was able to not only disarm the other agent, but in doing so, I accidentally broke his arm in the process. After I'd made short work of him, I turned around to find Timmerman lying face down on the ground with Tommy and Bryan sitting on top of him. Suddenly and out of the corner of my eye, I saw the other agent reaching to retrieve another weapon from his ankle holster. Before he could react, I placed a spinning back kick squarely into his face, knocking him unconscious.

"Are you out of your mind? We are Secret Service agents. You just committed a felony, you asshole," said Timmerman, still on the ground.

"I don't think so, dickhead," replied a voice, I would've known anywhere coming from behind us. It was Dad, and when I turned around, I saw him standing there grinning.

"Dad," I happily exclaimed.

He smiled, and walking up to the two Secret Service agents, he patted me on the shoulder then looked at Timmerman and said, "You two assholes basically attacked these boys without provocation."

"Who the hell are you?" asked Timmerman, as Bryan and Tommy helped him up.

"My name is Federal Judge Michael Thompson, as in the nephew of Senator Harold Thompson," said Dad authoritatively.

"We were just doing our jobs, Sir," Timmerman angrily spat.

"BULLSHIT!" bellowed Dad, "I saw the whole thing. You guys were extremely discourteous and I know for a fact that it was because these boys all have long hair. You're a liar if you say otherwise." By this time the press had arrived and the crowd had only grown and the other agent was beginning to come to. Dad motioned to not only the press, but to the crowd of people and, like a true politician, loudly said, "After all the crap this nation has been through, don't you think it's time to trust again, seek peace and heal this land?" The crowd of people went nuts, their cheers deafening. Someone suddenly tapped me on the shoulder, and when I turned around, I thought my heart was going to stop.

With Mom right beside her, Andie stood there smiling, her tummy swollen with our child, and more beautiful than any woman anywhere. With tears now pouring down my face, I gently wrapped my arms around her, and said, "God, I've missed you so much."

Because I'd not cut my hair since I saw her last, it had grown past my shoulders, and taking note of it, Andie kissed me and said, "I absolutely love this long hair on you." I laughed, making her ask, "What?"

"We don't see each other for over four months, and the first thing you say to me is about the length of my hair?" I replied smiling.

After looking around, Andie grinned slyly, and giggling, said, "Well, it wasn't the first thing I wanted to say, but we are in public.

Now because of what had just taken place with the Secret Service, the press was everywhere, trying to get a story. However, being the man he is, Dad turned a potentially bad situation, into a press conference praising the actions of the Agents, stating that these two men were to be commended for protecting the band from an attempted assault. When he was asked how the two Agents received the obvious black eye on one, and fat lip and broken arm on the other, Dad told them that two or three miscreants had been involved but had managed to escape before the authorities get be reached. Man, I'd never heard such long line of bullshit in my entire life. I later asked Dad if he ever thought of running for office and got a cuff on the neck with the back of his hand.

That night, Andie and I layed together, holding one another in bed after having made the sweetest love we'd ever experienced.