After The Dust Had Settled

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I simply held her as close to me as possible and let her get it out of her system, and when she was done; I looked at her and said, "How about if we get married before the band goes out on the road. That way, there's no doubt I'll be coming back to you. Would that make you feel more secure, sweetheart?"

"Do you really mean it?" she asked excitedly.

I reached over and turned on the bedside lamp, and then after our eyes had adjusted to the initial onslaught of light, I smiled at her and replied, "You ought to know me well enough by now, that when I say something; I always mean it!"

"I love you, Mark," she said, gently kissing my lips.

"I'll always love you, Andie," I replied, pulling her closer to me, and then after gently kissing her lips in return, I added, "We'll do it just as soon as we get back to Texas."

*********************

"I think that's a wonderful idea, Mark, honey," announced Mom, at hearing the news of mine and Andie's imminent nuptials the next morning at breakfast.

"Have you guys thought about where you want to get married?" Dad asked, sipping his coffee.

I looked at Andie smiling, and then back at Dad and said, "We want to get married in the Old City Park in Dallas!"

*********************

"Mark Alan Thompson, do you take Andrea Leigh Matthews to be your lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, from this day forward, until death do you part?" asked Pastor Nelson.

"I sure do," I replied, amid the snickers and giggles of all of our friends and family.

Then Pastor Nelson turned to Andie and said, "Andrea Leigh Matthews, do you take Mark Alan Thompson to be your lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, from this day forward, until death do you part?"

"I do," replied Andie, a single tear running down her cheek.

Then Pastor looked out to the audience and said, "By the power vested in me by the state of Texas and almighty God, I now pronounce you husband and wife," and then turning to me, he added, "You may kiss your bride!"

I had never before seen Andie look so beautiful as she did that day, and as I pulled the veil away from her face, I leaned in and gently, but passionately kissed her lips. When the kiss ended, I held her in my arms long enough to softy say, "I'm gonna love you forever, my beautiful wife!"

Then Pastor Nelson lifted both hands and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Mister and Misses Mark Thompson!" Everyone in attendance began to applaud us, but no louder than my band mates and my parents.

*********************

"I hope we'll always be this happy, Mark," said Andie, as we lay together on the south shore of Maui, soaking up the sun on our own private beach.

"We will if I have anything to say about it," I replied, taking her hand and kissing it. Then rising up in the sand on my elbows, I took off my sunglasses and said, "You know that school starts back in a little over two weeks, don't ya?"

"So?" smiled Andie.

"So, you are going back, aren't you?" I asked worriedly.

Andie began to laugh, and said, "Of course, I'm going back. At least one member of this family is going to finish college..." and then she paused for effect, and then giggling, added, "...while you little boys are out chasing your dreams,"

"I sure hope Doctor Breeden isn't too disappointed in me for taking a year off from my studies," I said concerned. Andie began to laugh again, making me ask, "What are you laughing at, silly girl?"

She scooted over until she was right next to me, and draping her thigh across my lap, she leaned up and softly kissed my lips and said, "Now who's being silly? Doctor Breeden is excited about what you guys are doing!"

"Really?" I asked my curiosity piqued.

Andie sat up, and for a moment I was distracted at how beautiful she looked in her bikini. (God, what a beautiful wife I have. Anyway, back to the story.) She smiled then rubbed my thigh and said, "I heard him tell your Mom and Dad after the wedding, that he was extremely proud of you guys, and that you all were about to learn more on the road than you could ever learn in any classroom anywhere."

"He actually said that, huh?"

"He sure did, baby. So, don't worry about ever disappointing Doctor Breeden, he loves you like a son."

Our honeymoon was in the tropical paradise that I made sure was only for us, and us alone. Andie and I deepened the bond between us that, to this day, shall remain forever sealed.

*********************

"It sure is good to be back home," I said, practically falling backwards onto the couch upon our return to our house in Denton.

Andie flopped down beside me and said, "It sure is!" The she looked over at me and asked, "Is it alright if we just sleep together tonight, baby, and not make love?" I began to laugh uncontrollably, making Andie sit up straight and cross her arms defensively, and say, "I don't think there was anything funny about what I just said, smart ass!

I could tell that she was pissed off so, I continued to laugh and said, "Yes there was, because you're the one who always instigates things when it comes to fooling around in bed, missy," and I kept laughing, unable to stop.

My laughter soon rubbed off on Andie as her face blushed, knowing I was right so, she giggled, and throwing her arms around me, kissed me and said, "Shut up and kiss me...and don't call me missy!"

I was just about to kiss her when the phone rang. Before I could respond in any way, shape or form, Andie hopped up and happily answered it. It was Marsha calling to welcome us home as well as hear all the news about everything that had happened up to this point. Needless to say, I knew that they would be engrossed in conversation for some time so, I decided that this would be an ideal time to take a shower. And after making my way to the bathroom, it only took a few minutes to get the water temperature adjusted and then I was standing beneath the shower head, the warm water cascading down my body. I began to feel a little more relaxed, and in doing so, I stuck my head directly under the spray of water. I must not have been able to hear her entering the bathroom, because I suddenly felt a pair of bare breasts, softly pressing against my back, while Andie's hands came around my waist, snaking their way to my groin. "I thought you said that you didn't want to make love," I said, the smile on my face evident in the tone of my voice.

"Why what on earth do you mean," Andie asked, feigning innocence.

"You're about to start something that, once we get started, I'm not sure I'll be able to stop" I replied laughing.

Suddenly removing her hands from where they were, she pinched my butt and said, "You're right! That was Marsha on the phone and we're supposed to be at Bryan's house in an hour."

"What for?" I asked, slightly irritated.

Moving in front of me and with her back to the shower nozzle, Andie leaned her head back to get her hair wet, while at the same time providing me a very provocative frontal display of her body, and replied, "She said it was a surprise and that we really needed to be there. So, hurry up and let's get ready!"

*********************

The moment we arrived at Bryan's, I could tell there was definitely a party going on by the number of cars lining the street. We had just parked my truck and were barely out of the cab, when Bryan, Danny, Tommy, and Phil, all came running out of the front door of the house wearing the biggest shit-eating grins I've ever seen. Converging on us all at once, Bryan held a copy of Billboard Magazine in front of him, his finger pointing to where our first release was listed at Number One on the charts. Then he smiled and excitedly said, "Congratulations L.B., you took us to number one!"

"If I'm not mistaken, there are five of us in the band, and as far as I'm concerned, we took each other to number one," I said, reminding them that we were a cognoscente unit, comprised of a group, not an individual.

"Yeah, whatever," said Tommy, then he smiled, and nodding his head toward the house, he added, "Come on L.B., bring Misses L.B. to the house and I'll buy both of you a beer!"

The moment we got inside, everyone from the One O'clock was there. Andie and I received hugs, handshakes and congratulations from all in attendance. All of a sudden, I heard a familiar voice behind me say, "I just hope that when you guys are all big rock stars, you don't forget about us little people!"

I turned around to see Dr. Breeden standing there grinning from ear-to-ear. I walked up to him and threw my arms around his neck and said, "How could I ever forget the greatest teacher I ever had?"

*********************

Classes began two days before we had to go back to L.A., and as Andie and I walked across the North Texas State campus; people I didn't know, students mostly, were coming up to me, asking for my autograph. "So how does it feel?" asked Andie, grinning slyly.

"How does what feel?" I asked, with a knowing smile.

Reaching behind me and slapping me on the butt, Andie smiled and replied, "My husband is a rock star," and then erupted into a fit of girlish laughter.

*********************

All too soon, the time came for me to go back to Los Angeles, and as I stood at the airport with my wife and family; a feeling of longing for my beautiful Andie was already beginning to make its presence known. "I'm sure going to miss you, baby," said Andie, as she put he arms around my neck, pressed her body tightly against me, and then tenderly kissed my lips.

"I'm really gonna miss you, too," I replied, softly stroking her beautiful cheek.

"You be sure and take good care of yourself out there, son," said Dad, standing behind me.

I turned around, and while hugging both my parents, I replied, "I will!" Then pulling Andie in close to me, I smiled at Mom, and motioning with my head toward Andie, I winked and added, "Take care of her for me, will ya?"

"We've already got that worked out, baby-boy so, don't you worry about your pretty wife one bit," announced Mom, knowingly smiling at Andie.

"What're you talking about, Mom?" I asked, while smiling suspiciously.

Andie giggled and said, "Mom's gonna come and stay with me at the house till you come back home for Thanksgiving!"

Before I could respond, Mom laughed and said, "You can wipe that worried look off of your face, Mark. I've got four major clients that, it just so happens, will need my services, and that will keep here till at least two weeks before Christmas!" Then she pulled Andie to her, and hugging her tightly, Mom added, "Besides; I figured it would give me a chance to get to know my daughter better."

*********************

The Moment we landed in Los Angeles and were on the ground, our bags were waiting for us when we arrived at the baggage claim area. A porter even took our bags to the limo that was waiting just outside at the curb. The limo took us to the label office where we found Don awaiting us in the lobby with a smile on his face.

"Welcome back fellas," said Don, happily greeting us.

"Thanks, Don," said Bryan.

"Same here, Don," replied Danny.

"Me too," added Phil.

"Count me in," said Tommy, right behind him.

I simply smiled and winked at Don in acknowledgement.

Once the greetings were all said and done with, Don got right to business and said, "Okay guys, I need everyone to go into Studio "A" because we're going to take pictures for the album cover today!"

*********************

Our first three days in L.A. were spent making the final preparations before going on tour. What we didn't know was that while we were all back home in Texas; Don had spent a considerable amount of time putting together our tour schedule. Not only would we be the headline act, but we would be playing in seventy cities over the next three months. Needless to say, we were all very excited. "Holy shit, guys, we're gonna be rock stars," laughed Bryan at hearing the news of the upcoming tour.

I laughed and said, "We're gonna rock, that's all I've got say! We're gonna rock and roll!" This elicited a cacophony of laughter from Don and the guys.

Then Don looked at us and said, "I want you guys to get some rest, because we've got a press conference to attend at nine o'clock tomorrow morning in the hotel lobby. Then as soon as that's done, you'll all load up on the brand new silver eagle tour bus that will be waiting for you right outside the hotel. Does anyone have any questions?"

"I've got a question," replied Phil.

"What can I do for ya?" asked Don smiling.

"None of us have to drive the bus, do we?" asked Phil grinning.

Don began to laugh, and replied, "Nah," then paused for effect and added, "Well, at least not on the first tour anyway!"

*********************

I called Andie from the hotel that night before I went to sleep. She was excited to hear from me, and when she answered the phone and discovered that I was on the other end, she squealed and said, "Hi, baby! How are you?"

"Missing you," I replied grinning.

She laughed and replied, "You haven't even been gone for five days and you're already homesick, ya big baby," and then her voice softened and she added, "I know, sweetheart, our bed sure gets awful lonesome when you're not in it."

"I'll only be gone for three months and then I'll be home before you know it," I said, dreading the fact that it was still going to be three months before we would see one another again.

When I told Andie about the press conference, she yelled to Mom, who had apparently been in another part of the house. A few moments later, Mom picked up the extension in the bedroom and said, "Hi baby! How's my handsome son, the rock star, doing this evening?"

I laughed and said, "I'm good, Mom. How're you doing?"

"I'm doing great, baby. Your wife and I have been having a blast since you've been gone!"

After laughing conspiratorially on her end, Andie added, "We sure have, haven't we Mom?"

"We sure have, baby-girl," replied Mom giggling.

I simply grinned and said, "Yeah, well, you two try and stay out of trouble. Oh, and Mom, would you do me a favor, please?"

"What's that dear?" Mom asked, with the smile on her face evident in the tone of her voice.

"Try not to spoil my wife too much, alright?" I asked laughing.

"Now that I have the daughter I've always wanted, I'll spoil her all I want to, and don't you dare try to stop either," Mom teased. I could hear Andie laughing on her end of the line.

*********************

The next morning, I woke up at seven o'clock. That gave me plenty of time to get showered, shaved and dressed, and then to the restaurant downstairs for some breakfast and coffee. By the time I was done eating, it was eight-forty-five so, after being ready to go before I left my room that morning, I made my way to the hotel lobby to attend the press conference.

When I rounded the corner, a throng of reporters and camera men were surrounding the front desk by the entryway. I heard someone say, "There's Mark Thompson," and all at once I was in the middle of what seemed like a sea of popping flash bulbs and people all asking me different questions all at one time.

It was then I felt a tug on my arm and the sound of Don's voice saying, "C'mon, Mark, I gotcha," as he led me away from the crowd and on to the back of the lobby where Bryan, Danny, Phil and Tommy all stood smiling.

Don got everyone's attention, and beginning the press conference, said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, you have twenty minutes before Prodigy departs for Miami; where they will be in concert promoting the release of their first album!"

Because they were the original founders of the band, of course the press wanted to question Bryan, Danny, Phil and Tommy first. I enjoyed hearing things I didn't know about how the band first came together, like how Bryan and Tommy first founded Prodigy, and that Danny and Phil joined only a couple of years later. I smiled realizing that my four closest friends had all known each other very long time, and yet they still welcomed me in like I was one of their own.

Suddenly a dark haired woman who was from some teen magazine turned to me and asked, "Mark is it true that you're married?"

"It sure is, and I love her very much," I proudly replied.

A guy from Rolling Stone Magazine asked me, "How did you like playing with E.L.O. last month when they were here?"

"Electric Light Orchestra are one of three groups and/or artists that have influenced me, as a keyboard player, and as a composer," I replied at first, then I smiled and said," But getting to play with them will forever remain one of the most wonderful experiences I've ever had, or will ever have, I'm quite sure!" The people of the press corps actually started applauding me for the answer I had just given.

Just then a lady from The Los Angeles Times got my attention and said, "Mark," and then pointing at my band mates, smiled and asked, "How do you like playing with these guys?"

I grinned, and trying to keep from laughing, said, "It's even better than playing with E.L.O.," and this time the people laughed as loud as they applauded. The whole time I was talking with the press, Don silently sat back and watched, a contented smile curling the sides of his mouth, yet his eyes were dancing like candles.

*********************

Right before we began to load onto the tour bus, we all stopped to look at the band's name painted right on the side of the bus. "PRODIGY" stood out so that anyone looking would know that it was "our" bus. The bus was a Silver Eagle, that had both a front and rear lounge, with an eight person bunk area. The rear lounge had a refrigerator, microwave, and a color T.V., as well as two tape players, one reel-to-reel, and one eight track. There was a toilet in the very back.

Don had given us each, a ten-thousand dollar advance, and when the bus rolled away from the hotel, every one of us left there with a pocket full of money. The first place we stopped was the Safeway to stock up on groceries. What I didn't see, was Tommy and Bryan sneaking off to the liquor store right around the corner. I went into the store, and after about thirty minutes, came back out with seven bags of food. I took my goodies into the bus and began stocking the refrigerator. I must say that the reason I had so many bags was probably more because of the five cases of beer I bought and not just the food. Once everyone was back and all the food was stocked, our driver, Eddie, pulled our bus, which we now affectionately called "Bessie", out onto the freeway, and then on to I-10.

*********************

We had been traveling for about an hour or so, when Bryan called everyone to the back lounge. We all gathered around the table in the back, me in the middle, almost against the wall, with Bryan on one side of me and Tommy on the other. Then producing a bottle of tequila in one hand, and a shot glass in the other, Bryan smiled, and with much drama and emphasis, said, "Mark, Little Brother, while you are most definitely a member of this band, it has come to the rest of our attentions, that you've not yet been properly initiated! So, it seems that, because we've got four day's travel time to Miami and because Andie's not here to kick our asses....." the guys all began laughing, as Bryan continued, ".....we are now in a position to make right something that should've been taken care of after the first time we played together, and it would've if I, we, hadn't messed up!"

All of a sudden, Tommy produced four more shot glasses and said, "Because of everything you've taught us, and because of how attached we've all become of you...." and then with a mischievous laughed, he added, "....it's now time for you to drink the Nectar of Montezuma!"

1...910111213...15