Alpha Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Where the fuck where you?!"

Lucius could hear the pain in her voice. As he watched she seemed, to shrink back into herself, the fire leaving her unnerving black eyes.

"We looked. Everyday. We did everything we could to find you." Jaylon tried to reason with her. "It was killing us thinking about you in this place."

"And it was killing me to be here." Ealasaid backed away. "I think you should leave."

"Eala, please, you have to come with us." Corban pleaded with her.

"You're too late." She turned her attention to the freed prisoners behind the five men. "Get them out of here."

She turned her back, ignoring the protests of Lucius and the others as they were dragged away. Ealasaid slumped back into the chair and rubbed her temple.

"That's a stupid decision, and you know it."

She laughed at Sinoff's words. "You still trying to act like my Doctor? Gonna psychoanalyse me?"

"I have seen you everyday for nearly a year." Sinoff's voice held a fondness and she turned to him in surprise. "After everything we put you through you never told us where LaBelle was. You can deny it all you want, but that man is everything to you. You're trying to tell me that you're not going to help his friends find him?"

Ealasaid laughed despite herself. "Seems you know me better than I thought." She stood and looked around at the faces watching her. "You don't have to be here anymore. You're all free to go."

"Go where?" A man spoke. His name was Sebastien, a Vampyre. He looked around at his fellow prisoners.

"Go anywhere." Ealasaid motioned with her hand. "You can go wherever you want."

"We have nowhere to go." Elena stepped forward through the crowd. "We have no one left, not anymore."

"We'll go where you go." Another voice came from the back of the crowd and was answered with cheers.

Ealasaid smirked. "A Pack all of my own. How lovely." She began to leave before turning back to Sinoff. "If I was you, I'd leave too, before the Senior Agents come looking for answers."

Sinoff raised an eyebrow. "You're letting me live?"

Ealasaid shrugged a shoulder. "For now. I assume you know about the Fae?" He nodded. "Then I may need you, I'll have questions. But the second you stop being useful, I'll kill you myself."

Sinoff nodded. "I wouldn't expect anything else."

"One last thing." Sinoff waited for her to continue. "Why did they want to know where Drago is?"

"You two are very important. Both the last of your kind."

"You're telling me he is the only Pure Blooded Lycan?"

"No. The Senior Agents believe he may be an Entari. Next to the Fae, they are the deadliest species known. If they are right, and he is, it would take very little to turn him into something the world has not seen for a very long time."

"So, he's like me?"

"More like you than you know."

Ealasaid walked from the room. In the corridor she broke into a jog, and by the time she had reached the doors leading outside she was in full sprint. Pushing her hands out in front of her, she watched as the doors flew outwards off their hinges, and she was bathed in sunlight for the first time since she had been taken.

"Wait!"

In the forest surrounding the base of the cliff into which the Order was built, Lucius turned at the sound of her voice. He held up his hand stopping the others.

"You hear that?" Without waiting for their response, he turned and sprinted back through the trees. He came to a halt in a clearing and watched as Ealasaid and close to a hundred others swarmed them. Lucius stepped forward holding his hand out to the young girl.

Her bottom lip trembled. He watched as her eyes slowly returned to their normal silver. The colour bled back through her hair and her features shifted back. Her wings shrank into her back and, finally, she stood in front of him as he remembered her. Her shoulders slumped and her bright eyes filled with tears. He held his hand out to her and she walked into his arms. The others surrounded them and they sank to the floor clutching the girl as tightly as they could.

"I'm so fucking proud of you." Lucius spoke into her ear. She couldn't respond, but buried her face into his chest and sobbed.

*

Ealasaid sat in a chair in the kitchen of Drago's house. She had pulled her knees to her chest and in her hand she clutched a large glass of whiskey. There was an empty plate in front of her and she could feel eyes on her.

It had taken them nearly a day to get back to Drago's home. They had run through forests, fields, towns and villages until they had arrived exhausted at the front doors. Rueben and Jaylon were outside, cooking meat on the barbeque to feed the prisoners that had followed her to freedom. They sat out on the lawn enjoying the last rays of evening sun on their faces.

Ealasaid drained her glass and Corban refilled kit before they all stared at her again.

"You obviously have questions." Ealasaid finally looked up at the faces around her.

"Are you OK?" Nix went first. She had been waiting for them when they arrived back and had pulled Ealasaid into a tight hug that had lasted minutes.

"I think so." Ealasaid was quiet for a minute. "I don't really know how to feel."

"How are you still...you know?" Anton gestured with a hand.

Ealasaid raised an eyebrow. "Wanna elaborate on that at all?"

"How are you still you?"

She sighed. "I knew I wasn't going to get out of there the way I went in. They had dropped enough hints that if they forced the change on me I would do whatever they said, so I accepted it. I thought if maybe I drank the blood willingly and allowed myself to change I would be able to control it. I didn't know if it would work, but it was the only thing I could think of."

"That's amazing." Anton sat forward with intrigue on his face. "You may be the first Fae ever to have no loyalty to anyone but who they choose."

"And I have a horrible feeling that it's going to come back and bite me in the ass quite soon."

"If it does we'll be ready." Lucius spoke confidently. "We'll never let anything happen to you again."

Ealasaid smiled and ran her fingers through her hair. Piling it on top of her head she tied it in a knot. "So, what are we going to do about Drago?"

"She has him." Nix spoke and Corban laid his hand on her shoulder.

"We don't know that." His voice was calm, but Nix threw his hand off her.

"Enough fucking bullshit! I could smell her there! Why else would she have been there?!"

"Who?" Ealasaid could see the answer before Nix could give it. "Abrielle?"

"She was the only familiar scent there that wasn't one of ours. She must have been there for a reason."

"Drago isn't an idiot. He wouldn't be easy to take." Lucius rubbed his hand over his stubbled chin. "Besides, how would she have even found them? That place is Warded as heavily as this house."

"Dylan found me." Ealasaid forced back the sadness as she spoke about her former friend. "He could have followed us and brought Abrielle with him?"

"Dylan? That guy from the diner?" Corban asked. His eyes shifted nervously.

Ealasaid smirked. "I know what he is. I'm pissed I didn't work it out earlier, but what can you do?" Her mind flitted back to what he had done to her in the cell in the Order. Nausea gripped her and she drank from her glass. "He was the one who put me in there but I don't think he could have done it alone. Maybe they were working together?"

"The Vampyre gave you to the Order?" Jaylon asked coming back into the kitchen. His black eyes flashed dangerously, and he regarded her closely. "Did he hurt you?"

Ealasaid couldn't hide the flinch at the memory, and Jaylon's hands clenched into tight fists. Ealasaid laid her hand on his arm.

"Down boy. We'll decide what to do with him later, but right now I just want my man back. Where do we start?" She looked around as she asked her question.

"I think the best chance is going to Lothair." Lucius looked thoughtful. "He'll listen to you."

"Why me?"

Lucius shrugged. "You're a Fae and an Alpha. He'll have no choice."

"An Alpha?" Ealasaid shook her head. "I'm not an Alpha."

"You're Drago's Mate. Without him here you are acting Alpha of this Pack." Nix explained.

"His Mate?" Ealasaid repeated the words.

"Of course, what else would you call it?" Nix smirked.

"I don't know. I guess I haven't thought about it." Ealasaid couldn't help the smile. "So if I speak to Lothair, he'll answer?"

"He'll have to. It's Lycan Lore, a bond between Alphas."

"Lycan Lore?" She held up a hand before anyone could respond. "Never mind, tell me later. I'll talk to him if you think it will work?"

"If Abrielle has anything to do with this, Lothair is our best chance of finding them. It can't hurt to try." Rueben looked around. "It's our smartest move right now."

"Then, I'll do it."

Anton stood from the table. "I'll gather the Pack."

Ealasaid followed suit, standing and glancing outside to the group of freed prisoners outside. "And I'll gather mine."

She walked outside. Lucius and Jaylon followed and stood flanking her. She looked over the faces and folded her arms. She didn't know where to begin.

"Is everything OK, Miss Saidy?" A young boy, no older than fifteen, spoke. She tried to force a smile but nothing came. Tiredness set in her bones and her arms tightened round her waist. She hugged herself and shook her head.

"No." She sighed. "Something happened to someone very important to me. He's missing."

"Is he your Mate?" Another asked and Ealasaid nodded.

"He is."

"Is he in trouble?" Another shout came and Ealasaid felt cold grip her stomach.

"I think so." She felt Lucius lay his hand on her shoulder and took comfort in the warmth he provided. "I need him back and I need your help to do that."

"We'll help." Elena stepped forward and beside her Jaylon tensed. His eyes flashed at the young woman, but she seemed not to notice. "Whatever you need we'll do it."

"It might be dangerous." Lucius spoke to the gathered crowd. "This Pack is loyal to a fault. The Alpha could do anything if he thinks kin are in danger. There's no telling what he could do."

"It doesn't matter." Elena stood tall, pushing her shoulders back and staring up at Lucius. Defiance flashed in her eyes, and she dared the man to argue. "Miss Ealasaid helped us when we thought no one could. If you think this bastard's Pack is loyal, just wait until you see what we will do."

Ealasaid couldn't help the smile this time. "Thank you."

Anton joined them. "They're coming; we'll be ready to leave within the hour."

Ealasaid nodded tersely. Then a thought popped into her head. Turning back to her Pack she addressed them as a whole.

"Where will you go?"

Elena looked around at her with a shrug. "Wherever you go. I've never had a home; I've been there my whole life."

"My Pack is long gone." A woman spoke up. "The Order wiped them out."

"I was taken over a hundred years ago." Another voice reached her. "I don't have a home anymore."

Ealasaid had a thought. "Wait here." She went back to the kitchen. It was empty. Lucius, Jaylon and Anton followed and watched her. "Can I borrow a phone?"

Jaylon handed his over, but his eyes were glued to the window watching Elena through the glass. Ealasaid dialled quickly and waited until a male voice came through the phone.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Bennet?" Ealasaid cleared her throat. "It's Saidy."

"Saidy!" There was joy in the old man's voice. "It's so good to hear from you. Where have you been?"

"It's a long story, Mr Bennet."

"Me and Grif have been worried." Bennet's voice was becoming worried. "He says you haven't been into work for months. You haven't been home. Are you OK? You haven't got yourself into trouble have you?"

Ealasaid sighed. "I was in some big trouble." She felt tears burning her eyes, but didn't allow them to fall. "But I'm OK now. I should call Grif and let him know."

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Lucius leave the room pulling his own phone from his pocket.

"Your voice has changed." Bennet sounded confused. "You gone and picked yourself up an accent."

"Yeah, I figured it was time to stop hiding it, you know?"

"It always did come out when you were angry. Quite a temper on the Scots. All Brits actually."

"Yeah, we hear that a lot. I'm actually ringing to ask you a favour." Ealasaid started again.

"Anything for you, Saidy."

"I've got some people who need a place to stay. They might not be able to pay you right away, but..." Bennet cut her off.

"You haven't heard? Your boyfriend made me an offer. We've gone into business together."

"What?"

"Saidy, you should see this place. I've been working on it for months." His voice was filled with joy. "We're even putting another block at the back. If your friends don't mind some construction noise, they are more than welcome to stay as long as they need."

"You mean that?"

"Of course. You've been a godsend since you arrived. Anything I can do to help."

A tear escaped and rolled down her cheek. She wiped it away quickly. "Thank you so much."

"You come by soon, OK? I'd like to make dinner for you and Mr LaBelle. How is he? I haven't heard much from him recently, been speaking with his cousin." There was a soft laugh. "She's a character."

Ealasaid snorted. "That she is. I'll be over soon."

"I look forward to it." Bennet hung up and Ealasaid handed the phone back to Jaylon. He touched her shoulder gently, his thumb stroking her shoulder.

"You OK?"

She nodded. "I'm fine. I just don't know where to start with everything." She pushed her hair off her face and rubbed her temples. "How has Grif been?"

"He didn't take it well." Jaylon slumped into the seat beside her and lit two cigarettes. Handing one to her, he looked around the quiet kitchen. Anton perched on the table watching her carefully.

"He's been here every moment he could be, helping us look for you."

"I didn't even think about how this would have affected him." She took a deep drag on her cigarette. "I want to see him."

"You will." Lucius came back into the kitchen. "He's on his way."

A little less than ten minutes later, the front door slammed open and Grif's deep voice boomed through the house.

"Where is she?"

She stood and came out into the hallway. Gif was standing just inside the front door and when he saw her his face lit up.

"Saidy?"

She came forward and he enfolded her in his arms. Crushing her to his chest, he dropped his head to her shoulder and lifted her off the ground.

"Oh, thank god. I thought I'd never see you again." He tensed slightly. "You smell different."

"I feel different." She nestled tighter against his chest seeking comfort of a familiar touch. "You still love me though, right?"

She meant for her remark to be light, teasing, but her voice shook as she spoke. He laughed softly and kissed her soft hair.

"Always will, baby girl." He set her back on her feet and held her at arms' length. Staring into her face, he looked at her carefully. "What happened to you?"

Quickly, Ealasaid recounted the story of her time at the Order. She left out what had happened when Dylan visited her cell, but she did tell Grif how their friend had put her in that place. Grif's dark skin paled and he held her tighter.

"Dylan did this to you?"

Ealasaid held his wrist gently. "That's not important at the moment. Grif, I need to get Drago back. I need him here with me."

"I know baby, we'll get him." Grif looked over her shoulder and caught Lucius's green eyes. "We have a plan I assume?"

"The Pack is coming now. Once they are here we're going to the Dubois Pack."

Grif's nose twitched as he sniffed the air. "Who else is here?"

"You'll meet them later." Ealasaid spoke, drawing Grif's attention back to her. "Right now we need to focus on what we're going to do."

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to hunt down that dirty Vamp and tear him apart." Grif was visible shaking with anger.

"Grif, don't." Ealasaid went to touch his arm, but he moved out of her reach.

"Saidy, he can't get away with this. I can't let him get away with this, I can't believe one of them hasn't already brought him in." He glanced over at Lucius, Jaylon and Anton with his last remark, and Ealasaid felt Lucius bristle behind her.

"We figured the more important thing was making sure Eala was alright. Dylan will be dealt with in time." Lucius spoke through clenched teeth.

"Dylan will be dealt with now. I'll bring him to you, baby girl."

Grif turned and left without another word, ignoring Ealasaid's calls for him. She turned back to the three men and shrugged a shoulder.

"He took it better than I expected."

"He was worried about you." Lucius glanced around. "We all were."

Ealasaid moved into Drago's study and sat behind the desk. A half hour passed and then she heard the sounds of people making their way through the trees at the back of the house. Standing, she took a deep breath and went out to meet them.

The people crowded into the garden, but there was a hard divide down the middle. Drago's Pack on one side, and her freed prisoners on the other. They glared at each other with distrust, but when she approached all eyes turned to her.

"What is this?" One of Drago's Pack stepped forward. "What are they doing here?"

"Hey." Elena spoke up, and from beside her, Ealasaid felt Jaylon tense. "We were invited here. What are you doing here?"

"This is our Alpha's home; we have more of a right to be here than you do."

"This is where our Alpha brought us." Sebastian came to stand beside Elena. "We go where she goes."

"That's enough." Ealasaid stepped forward. She was exhausted, her very bones ached, but she stood tall as the crowd looked at her. "I know this isn't how things are normally done, but to be honest, I could not give less of a fuck."

"I will not be affiliated with Order runaways." A blonde haired woman from Drago's Pack spoke with a sneer. "These scum aren't good enough to clean Alpha's boots and as for you," she turned to Ealasaid, "you've been nothing but trouble since you arrived. I don't know what Witch magic you've put on Drago, but he's too smart to fall for it anymore. You're nothing but a Half-Breed mongrel and the Order is the only place good enough for you."

Jaylon let out a low growl and stepped forward menacingly. The woman shrank back, but Ealasaid placed her hand on the mans arm. Lucius spoke quietly from beside her.

"Maya, is that how you truly feel?"

The woman opened her mouth to reply but no words came out. Eventually she closed it again and nodded.

"Then you have no place in this Pack. Both Drago and myself were taken by the Order. I spent three years in that place, Drago spent seven. We were taken for no better reason than Ealasaid was."

Maya opened her mouth again. "I didn't know."

"None of you did." Lucius was shaking with anger. "It is not my place to decide what happens to you now, but I want you to know that if the choice was mine, you would never step foot in these grounds again."

"I'm sorry."

Lucius ignored her. Ealasaid could feel him trembling in rage and she gently took one of his balled hands in her own.

"This isn't the time. We have to get back Drago back." She addressed the crowd. "I am going to speak with Lothair DuBois. I hope it won't be needed, but I will take some of you with me in case he needs some persuading."

"I'll go." Sebastian said immediately.

"So will I." Elena piped up.

"Me too."

"And me."

Calls now came from both Packs and Ealasaid held up her hand. "Elena, you will come."

Elena nodded and walked up to the young girl. "Wait inside." Ealasaid motioned behind her and Elena walked through the kitchen. Jaylon waited a moment before following.

He caught up with the woman in the hallway of the house. Reaching out, he took hold of her wrist and she spun round with fear in her bright blue eyes. Jaylon instantly let go and stepped back.