Alpha Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked into the woman's eyes. "Elena right?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Who are you?"

"Jaylon." He stuck his hand out and she took it gently.

A sudden bolt of electricity passed between them and she gasped as her stomach clenched. Her cheeks heated and the warmth spread down through her chest and into her belly. She glanced up and met his dark eyes. He stroked her palm and tried to control to quick beating of his heart.

"You feel it, too?" His voice was low and she nodded.

"What's happening?" She felt him move closer. His free hand rested on her hip and he pulled her to him.

She was tall. She didn't have to crane her neck to look into his face as Ealasaid did and he could feel her breasts pressing against his chest. He back her against the wall and another gasp fell from her lips as she felt his hard body against hers. He stepped back quickly as his whole body jerked in shock. His hand on her hip moved up her body and cupped the back of her head, tilting her face up. Her hand in his and his in her hair were the only places they touched and those two places burned.

"I don't know." He swallowed. Something primal in his chest was growing and the intensity almost scared him. "But you feel it, right?"

"Yeah. I feel it."

He stepped closer. Her eyes widened and he heard her breath hitch. He watched her with his head tilted to the side.

"Are you afraid?" She nodded. "Don't. Please don't be afraid of me."

He pulled her even closer so her body was flush with his and their lips were an inch apart. Her eyes slid closed and she leant into him. He rested his lips on hers and groaned quietly.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He let go of her hand and rested his forearm on the wall above her head. Leaning in closer, he kissed her. She moaned and rose up on tiptoes to get closer still. He deepened the kiss and felt her hands come up to clutch his t-shirt. Everything else faded from her mind as he kissed her and she felt an unfamiliar ache between her legs.

She wasn't a virgin, the Guards at the Order had seen to that, but this was the first kind touch she had felt from a man. Something about him drew her in and, although he looked ferocious, something told her that he wouldn't hurt her. His large hands were gentle and his lips were soft.

Over her own harsh breathing, she heard the sound of footsteps approaching and quickly darted out from her spot between him and the wall. He stayed where he was, his eyes never leaving hers as Ealasaid and the others came towards them. Her silver eyes darted from Jaylon to Elena before a smug smile curved her lips.

"You ready to go?"

Elena nodded, but Jaylon held up his hand. "I'm gonna need a minute."

Ealasaid hid her laugh and walked passed him. The rest followed her out, except for Lucius, who clapped Jaylon on the shoulder.

"Tuck it into your waistband and think about your grandma naked. We have work to do."

"Couldn't have given me five more minutes?"

"Our Alpha has been gone for months, and all you can think about is your dick."

"Would you have me any other way?"

Lucius laughed and together they joined the others outside. Twenty-six of them went in total. Ealasaid and the members of Drago's council, plus ten from each Pack. They drove in several cars.

Ealasaid sat beside Lucius who reached out and took her hand. "It's going to be OK."

They spent the rest of the drive in silence, but when they pulled up outside the DuBois mansion she was eerily calm. She stepped from the car and moved towards the front doors.

"I want this done quick and quiet. No one is hurt unless absolutely necessary." She rolled her shoulders, pushing back the change that was beginning to creep on her.

"Yes, Alpha." The answer was echoed back from rest.

She led them up to the doors and raised her fist to knock. At the last second, she thought better of it and brought her foot up to kick the doors down. Turning to look over her shoulder, she shrugged. "Couldn't help myself. Starting now I want it quick and quiet."

They walked into the foyer and heard the sounds of footsteps approaching. She held up her hands as Weres surrounded them and smiled sweetly.

"Hi. Sorry about the door, but I'm sure he can afford another one." She stepped forward. "I am coming to you as the last Fae, Alpha of my Pack and Mate of Drago LaBelle. Something very important has been taken from me and I think your Alpha can help me get it back."

A young man stepped forward and she rounded on him, her eyes flashing dangerously. He stopped in his tracks before hastily backing away.

"I would love to keep this civil. I don't want to have to hurt anyone else."

"Miss Fairbairn." A deep voice from behind the crowd of people made them part and she caught sight of Lothair. He beckoned to her. "Won't you come and have a drink with me."

He turned and walked away, leaving them to follow after him. When they reached the door of his study, Ealasaid held her hand up. "Lucius, Jaylon, you come with me. The rest of you wait here and make sure we're not disturbed."

The door was closed behind them and Ealasaid settled into a chair opposite Lothair. He sat behind his desk in front of a wall of books. Jaylon and Lucius flanked her and Lothair looked up with a smile as he poured the drinks.

"I must say I am glad you are safe Miss Fairbairn. I know it has been a great strain on your Pack since you have been away."

"It hasn't been a picnic for me either."

Lothair pushed three glasses over. "I imagine not." Lifting his own glass, he swirled the amber liquid around. "What can I do for you then?"

"I think you know." Ealasaid sipped her drink. "Drago went missing the same night I did. We were both taken from the same place and Abrielle's scent was there. That's unusual, don't you think?"

Lothair looked worried. Ealasaid leant forward still smiling sweetly. "Look I don't want any trouble, and trust me when I say I could give you it. All I want to know is where your sister is. Is she here?"

Lothair looked between them before slumping back in his chair. "I haven't seen my sister in months. I have tried to find her countless times but it's like she's disappeared."

"Why didn't you tell me that?" Lucius asked.

"She is my sister. She's family. I wanted to find her myself, but I can't." Lothair looked at Ealasaid. "There is a way to find them, but it takes Dark Magic. You could do it; I could show you how."

"Why would you do that?" Ealasaid was suspicious.

"Because I want Abrielle back just as much as you want Drago. Something has happened to her. This isn't right." Lothair drained his glass. "And if I show you how to find her, I want a promise that she will not be harmed."

"That bitch deserves what's coming to her." Jaylon growled.

Ealasaid held up her hand. "If she comes quietly and doesn't resist, then I can promise you she won't be harmed."

Lothair watched her for a moment. "OK." Standing, he pulled a heavy book from the shelf behind him. Turning back, he laid it on the desk. "You're going to want the wings for this."

Ealasaid swallowed and stood. Taking a deep breath, she allowed the change to take over. The three men watched in wonder as she transformed before their eyes. When she looked back to Lothair with her black eyes she saw a wonder in his face.

"I never thought I would see a Fae with my own eyes."

"Well take it all in. I hear we're a rare sight nowadays."

"Another wrong the Order has done you." Lothair found the page in the book and turned it round so she could read it. "This spell can be used to find a lost loved one. Even those with Wards on them. I did try, but like I said, it takes dark magic."

"I don't know how any of this works really. What if I can't do it."

"Just focus of Drago and read the words." Lothair smiled encouragingly. "The rest will fall into place."

Ealasaid nodded and began to read. The words were in a strange, old language, but she recognised some of the words from books in Drago's library. As she read, she felt a soft breeze whip around her and heard the gasps of the others in the room. A soft blue glow shone from her skin and a heat rose in her chest as a long dormant magic stirred in her.

As she reached the last words, her eyes rolled back in her head and an image filled her mind. A forest, the trees dense allowing only slivers of moonlight through to the ground. A small cottage, its walls falling into a state of disrepair and the windows caked in dirt and dust. A scream filled her head, and she winced at the pain she heard there.

She was wrenched away and opened her eyes. She stared at Lothair. "I saw a forest and a cottage. It was old, falling apart. I could hear him scream."

"A cottage?" Lothair thought for a moment. "She wouldn't go there. Not after all these years."

"What do you mean?" Ealasaid's knees went weak, but she forced herself to remain standing.

"I think I know where they are."

*

"Drago?" Abrielle's sing-song voice reached him and he shuddered. "I thought maybe we could go out for a little walk today. If you promise to behave that is."

She came into the room and Drago watched her warily through the silver bars of the cage. She had kept him chained in silver and locked in this cage since she had jumped him at the cabin. He had woken to the sound of screams and, leaving Ealasaid to sleep, gone to investigate. After that, he remembered a blinding pain, hushed voices and two familiar scents. He had awoken in this cage days after.

"We don't want a repeat of what happened last time, do we?" Abrielle smiled and settled herself on the floor in front of the cage. She was always careful not to touch it.

"You've fucking lost it." Drago spoke through gritted teeth attempting to hide his pain. He didn't want to give her the satisfaction.

"No. Drago, this is good. We both know that I should be your Mate, not that little runt you seem so fond of. She can't give you anything I can."

Drago snarled and turned away. He heard Abrielle move closer.

"I'm doing this for you. I have loved you from the moment I laid my eyes on you. We are meant to be together. Two Pure Blooded Lycan. Do you know what we could do together? We could have the entire world."

"I don't want you." Drago forced himself to keep his voice calm. "I don't want a Pure Blooded Lycan. I don't want your money and I don't need the world. She is my world."

Abrielle growled and pushed herself to her feet. "What the fuck do you see in her? She's nothing. Nothing!"

"She's my everything."

"Obviously, she has some kind of spell on you." Abrielle smirked. "And the best way to stop a spell is to get rid of the Witch."

Drago felt cold. "What do you mean?"

"With her gone, you'll be able to think clearly again." She stood. "You know, I almost feel sorry for the little thing. She couldn't have know any of this would happen."

Suddenly Abrielle stopped. She lifted her head, her nose twitching as she scented the air. Drago copied her and thought he could smell something familiar coming from outside.

"Shit." Abrielle ran from the room, and Drago screamed loudly.

"Here! I'm in here!"

He heard the front door burst open and a male voice shouted.

"Stay where you are, you psycho bitch."

Drago recognised the voice instantly. Jaylon.

"Oh, sweetheart, what has happened to you?" Drago's heart lurched. A female voice spoke, but he had heard it so many times in his head he didn't trust himself. "You brought this on yourself, you know?"

"You don't deserve him. You're nothing." Abrielle sounded desperate.

"Abi, come on." Drago recognised Lothair's voice. "It's time to come home."

"No. This is wrong." Drago could hear the break in Abrielle's voice. "Why are you helping them? I'm your sister!"

"I'm helping them because you're my sister. It was the only way I could guarantee you wouldn't be hurt."

Drago heard more footsteps coming around the sides of the building. Hope flared and, ignoring the pain, he grabbed the bars of the cage and shouted.

"I'm in here."

"Drago?" The woman's voice called for him, then Abrielle's soft grunt reached him. The door flew open and a figure entered. "Drago?"

"Little One?" Ealasaid crossed the room and wrenched the door off the cage. "Is it really you?"

She nodded and held her hand out. "It's me."

Drago was unsure. He had dreamt about seeing her again every night he had been kept here and now he couldn't trust his own mind. Slowly he crawled from the cage and she looked him over carefully. Her silver eyes filled with tears.

"Oh, my god. What has she done to you?"

Carefully she broke the locks on the chains and unwound them from his wrists, ankles and neck. They had been loose enough to give him movement, but tight enough that they left blistered burn marks where they had touched his skin.

She sat back on her heels and watched him helplessly. He swallowed, and when he spoke, his voice was hoarse.

"It's really you?" She nodded. "You're really here."

"It's me, Drago. I'm real."

He moved quickly and crossed the floor between them. He pulled her onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her. Her legs came round his waist and she held him tightly. She was shaking in his arms and he buried his face in her neck trying to comfort her. His fingers dug into her skin as he held her desperately. He breathed in her scent. She smelt different, something new and wild assaulted his nose, but beneath that, he could smell her. The same sweet girl he had fallen in love with.

"Let's go home," she whispered into his ear. He couldn't hold the tears back any longer. Not caring who could see or who could hear, he nestled harder into her and sobbed.

*

Dexter Bennet smiled as the last of his new tenants climbed the stairs. He hadn't asked questions when Ealasaid had requested this favour but he hadn't expected quite so many people to turn up. Thanks to the money Drago had put into the building, he had plenty of room for all of them and he didn't care that, for a while, they wouldn't be able to pay. If Saidy trusted them, then so did he.

A hulking man with white blond hair stood in the lobby watching a young woman climb the stairs. Dexter recognised the look on the man's face and smiled.

"She your sweetheart?"

Jaylon jumped and turned to the old man. He knew he looked guilty and nodded.

"Yeah."

"I know what it's like, young love and all." Dexter made a big show of turning his back. "I can't tell anyone if I don't see anything."

Jaylon snickered and followed Elena up the stairs. He caught up with her outside the door of her new apartment. She was leaning against it, looking up into his eyes. She blushed but didn't look away. She opened her mouth to say something but no words came out. He knew what she wanted and set one hand against the door, beside her head.

"Can I come in?"

She nodded, and he moved his hand down to open the door. She almost fell backwards through it but he caught her round the waist and held her close. Walking her backwards, he moved into the apartment and kicked the door closed behind him. Her hands rested on his chest and, without thinking, she pressed against him.

He walked her back to the sofa and lay her down. It was big enough that they could both stretch out comfortably and he settled himself between her legs. Resting his weight on his forearm above her head, he allowed the other to smooth over her stomach through her t-shirt. She went still and he forced himself to stop.

"What's wrong?" He waited for an answer but she couldn't speak. "No one has ever touched you like this before have they?"

She shook her head and he moved his hand up to cup her breast. She moaned quietly and arched her back into his hand.

"Are you a virgin?"

Her eyes flew open and she shook her head again. Realisation hit him and he felt sick.

"Did they?" He didn't get to finish his question before she cut him off.

"Don't ask me that. Not now."

"But they hurt you."

She looked at him with wide eyes. "They did, but you won't, will you?"

He shook his head violently. "Never."

"Good."

He leant down and kissed her. Her soft lips parted beneath his and he groaned as he tasted her. The hand on her breast kneaded softly and soon she was panting for breath. Pulling the neck of her t-shirt down, he kissed over her neck and collar bone as his hand moved down. He slipped it between her legs and she tensed. Pulling back, he watched her. Her eyes searched his face before she nodded and he stroked her through her jeans.

"Oh." His fingers were gentle and she felt an unfamiliar heat move through her stomach. His middle finger stroked her, finding her clit easily through the layers of clothing, and she gasped. Her fingers curled into his t-shirt tightly and he nudged at her chin until she rolled her head to the side to bare her throat to him.

His fingers slid the button of her jeans free and she froze against him. Her hand shot down to grab his wrist and she shook her head desperately.

"No."

Neither of them moved. Elena's mind raced and in that moment she remembered every time the Guards had come to her cell at the Order. Their rough hands and painful touches. Her stomach heaved and tears filled her eyes. She turned away, unable to look at him anymore.

"I'm sorry."

He heard the choke in her voice as she said the words and felt rage well in his chest. "Don't." He dug his fingers into her hair and turned her face back to him. "Don't ever say that to me. We'll take it slow, we have all the time in the world."

"You won't wait forever."

He kissed her quickly. "Watch me."

She pushed on his chest and he rolled over enough that she could slip out from under him. She backed away, twisting her hands nervously. He sat up and watched her. Her eyes were darting around the room as she searched for something to say. She found nothing and instead turned and walked to the window.

Jaylon watched as instantly her shoulders relaxed and she leant on the windowsill to stare up at the sky.

"Everyone always told me what stars looked like. I'd never properly seen them before Ealasaid set us free."

"You've never seen stars?" Jaylon asked.

"I was born in the Order. When I was little there was a Protector there who used to take me outside on the full moon. I could remember little bits but, nothing much, smells mainly." She paused. "They're beautiful."

Jaylon pushed himself off the sofa and came to stand behind her. He kept his distance and put his hands in his pockets to refrain from reaching out and touching her.

"You were born in the Order?" She nodded, but didn't turn around. "You've been there your whole life?"

"It wasn't so bad to begin with. I didn't know any different, and the Protector kept me safe. Then one day he just didn't come back. I miss him everyday."

"What was his name?"

"Coll." Elena leant back against him. Her head rested against his shoulder and she felt herself relax against his broad frame. "Coll Fairbairn."

"Fairbairn?" Jaylon felt a tug in his gut.

"Yeah." Elena looked up at him. "Do you know him?"

"The name sounds familiar." Jaylon slid his arm round her waist but kept his hips away from her. He toyed with the idea of telling her about Ealasaid and her father but decided against it. Ealasaid would tell her when she was ready.

Elena linked her fingers with his. "Tell me something about yourself."

"What do you want to know, baby?"

Elena shrugged. "I don't know. What about your family, any brothers or sisters?"

"I had a sister."

"What was she like?"

"She was beautiful, and she was cold. She was the strongest person I knew and I loved her more than anything. She was fiercely protective and she did everything she could to make me happy."

"Where is she now?"