Angel of Retribution Ch. 12-16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course I did," Remi lied, making for the doors to the ballroom again, but Draco and Zak blocked his path.

Draco took a deep sniff of Remi. "Mmm, you smell really good, buddy."

"You idiot. You did not dose. Now how the Hell are we supposed to dose you up again? You're not supposed to let the effects die down." Zak ran his fingers threw his hair. "You must've missed two doses. What the Hell is wrong with you?" Zak was rarely ever pissed, but he was royally so now. "Why, Rem? Why do you always have to fuck up?"

"Geez, fuck off already," Remi snapped. "We need to get Seth out of there."

"You seem to forget that the Vampire council declared war on your kind."

"They can kiss my ass, Draco. I'm getting my boy."

Remi shoved past them only to come up to the tip of a blade at his throat. He stared into the silver-grey eyes of a red-haired reaper, her open jet-black wings obliterating the view behind her.

"Allow me to introduce Amaranth," Seth's voice said from behind those glorious black wings.

***

Rowie whimpered when Zak and Remi's heat left her. "No," she cried, her fingers reaching for the blood-red spill of hair rapidly moving away from her. Draco practically dragged both Alpha Angels toward the exits.

"Let him go, Rowie. You don't want him. You've said so a million times."

"No," Rowie snapped at Liara. "He's m—"

"Quick, we've got to go on stage," Gabriel interrupted. "Navar's throwing a hissy fit because of Iliel."

Liara laughed even as Rowie looked around and gasped. Beings, vampire and alien alike were falling to the floor around them, tangled in a web of limbs, thrusting and writhing against each other.

Gabriel gripped her arm and sprinted through the crowd. The scent of sex hung heavy around them and Rowie grimaced as she stepped over a Chidadent who spewed cum while wiggling his orange hued ass on the cock of a vampire.

The music had stopped even as her brother pulled her up the steps to the stage. The other musicians of Angel of Retribution took their places, instruments in hand. New music filled the air—the sounds of moans and cries from the ballroom.

Rowie's feet froze when she spotted Dante and Niall helping a magnificent creature off the stage; a male with gleaming chestnut locks that reached his delicate ankles. Electric blue eyes captured and held Rowie's and a soft smile kissed his dewy lips.

"I'm sorry," Iliel's voice murmured as he passed Rowie, stumbling.

"Oh, God," was all she could say staring after him. The Cambion's allure was almost too much to bear.

Gabriel turned her face to his. "Don't stare too much. After a while it starts to get to you."

"What's wrong with him?"

Her brother swept his arm out to indicate the ballroom. "He absorbed too much energy. He's high from lust. Always happens with virgins."

"Virgins?"

Gabriel smiled. "Iliel is only a hundred years old. Still a baby of sorts for his kind. Navar promised the Vampire council that he'd take care of him and that includes watching over Iliel's virginity until he's of age." He leaned down and whispered into her ear conspiratorially, "Of course, Navar doesn't know that the kid's already jerking himself off to porn vids Liara conveniently left in his quarters."

Rowie gasped, feeling anger that Liara would do such a thing, but the sound of music starting and Gabriel's hand pulling her to stand at the forefront of the band had her biting her tongue.

***

Remi ran. Even though he wasn't supposed to use his powers, he did allow his dragon wings to push through his skin and lend him more speed.

The thundering sound of the reaper's wings behind him had him airborne in a panic. He was not letting himself get caught by a girl with wings—damn-it! The night wind beat his face as he soared toward three blue moons high in the black velvet sky. Remi turned his head, his wings already aching from disuse. The reaper's hand was reaching out toward his foot. In a few seconds, she'd catch him.

"Get away from me," he shouted. "I swear, I'll shift and eat you if you don't. To Hell with Seth's virginity."

To his amazement, the reaper stopped, a look of terror crossing her features. Remi barked out a bewildered laugh, but his joy was short-lived when a pair of jaws closed around him—at least that's what it looked like before all light winked out.

"What the Hell!"

He couldn't move, and there was something wet and slippery under him.

With a growl, he let his fire seep from his flesh and felt shock roll through him when he saw he was caged in a prison of jagged...dragon's teeth.

"Fucking Hell," Remi roared, feeling the shift in his body move beneath his flesh. His pants and boots dissolved when his fire bloomed brighter. As if sensing the danger, the dragon spat Remi out, sending him down a grassy knoll to splash into a pond.

The cold water shocked Remi enough to stop the shift. He coughed and sputtered, muttering curses as he struggled to get to his feet. Just as he shook his wings, a tail wrapped around his waist and brought him face to snout with an enormous Royal Red.

Remi stared bewildered at the opalescent red scales and the crown of horns. Bright green eyes peered at him even as a forked tongue tasted the air between them.

At last, Remi found his voice. "Hey! What gives? Put me down." Remi kicked his legs, but the beast would not release him. "I'm a dragon too. If you don't put me... Stop! Stop sniffing me there, Dude. I mean it. This is—"

The dragon made a soft trilling sound in its throat. Remi had studied enough about his kind to recognize the sound a dragon made to its hatchlings.

"Oh, no." He shook his head with a laugh, albeit a forced one. "Oh, no. I am not your baby. Listen to me... listen... would you stop nuzzling me and just listen! Ugh—don't lick me either. We're both dudes, sicko, and I don't even know you!"

Energy skittered around Remi and he knew the others approached.

The dragon dropped him and turned, his scales rising in fury. The beast was preparing to kill whatever approached; meaning Zak and Seth as well as the other vampires and the reaper.

"No," Remi shouted running to stand before him. "Go. You have to go. If the vampire Master Guardians find you, they'll kill you... and my ass—by the way."

The creature snorted puffing his chest out with pride. It made Remi smile.

"I know, big guy. Hard to believe, but most of those coming here are my friends. I don't want you to hurt them, and... I don't want to hurt you." Glowing green eyes stared at Remi. "And I will if you try to fight them, so go. Go—now."

The dragon looked up and growled. Remi felt the presence of the others looming closer and turned to warn them away. The reaper had her sword drawn still, and was flying straight toward the dragon.

Remi didn't have a sword, or any other type of weapon he could used to stop the reaper, but he still flew to intercept the killing blow of her divine sword. He knew he would die. His powers could not ever reverse the power of a divine sword, especially one in the hands of death angel. They were just one step away from being divine themselves.

Remi closed his eyes, stretching out his arms. There wouldn't even be time to tell Zak to watch over his Rowie. All he felt was love... and his desire to die for it.

Seconds ticked by, the breeze toyed with his hair and the silence was deafening.

What the fuck—Remi thought opening his eyes.

His wings faltered and he dropped like a stone from the sky. Landing on his ass, he stared up bewildered at the scene over him.

A glowing baby angel held the tip of the sword in its tiny hand. Fluffy little wings batted behind its back, as white as pure snow, a sharp contrast to the gleaming, blue-black curls on its head. Remi couldn't tell if the cherub was a baby boy or girl, only that when it turned its head and gazed at Remi with the bluest eyes he'd ever seen, Remi saw nothing but absolute love in them.

"Holy shit. A Dominatio just saved my ass," Remi whispered to himself.

The reaper withdrew her divine sword and bowed her head. "Forgive me, Holy One. I meant to slay the dragon, not the Alpha Angel."

The cherub turned and shook its chubby finger at the reaper. Making a flip in the air, the cherub flew to the dragon and touched his snout. The beast looked taken aback. As Remi watched slack-jawed, both cherub and dragon began to glow, before fizzling out to millions of sparkles.

Remi's jaw dropped further. He felt so stupefied he didn't even react when Zak and Draco gripped his arms to restrain him. Seth straddled his thighs and stabbed a hypodermic needle into his heart. That brought him back from his daze.

Remi bucked with a piercing scream that turned into a bestial roar. "No."

This time his beast began to break free.

Chapter Thirteen

Rowie went through two songs before Draconius Imorteus came to take Angel of Retribution's place.

During the exchange onstage, Rowie took the opportunity to seek Remi out. The need to see him again made her dodge her brothers' watchful eyes.

Seth stood by the steps to the stage, arms crossed over his chest, looking around.

"Where is he?" Rowie gripped Seth's arm in earnest, before they realized she'd taken off on her own.

Seth blinked at her with a frown. "He's not feeling much like himself. Liara and Marina are taking care of him."

"What?" Rowie's snarl had him rearing back, her fingers digging deeper into his biceps. "Those two sluts? Where are they?"

"Rowie, take it easy," he said putting his hand over hers.

Behind her, she heard her brother calling out to her. If she didn't make a run for it now, she'd never have the chance to find him again.

She knew it was foolish as well as dangerous to teleport within an area she wasn't familiar with, still, she concentrated on the entrance to the ballroom and willed herself there.

She began to run, determined to check every room in the castle to find him.

Since everyone else was at the inauguration ball for the tour, the rest of the castle was virtually empty. She felt a compulsion pulling her forward. Could it be Remi's presence? Her tingling breast gave her hope.

She passed the grand foyer with its double, arched stairway. Her boots clicked up the stairs taking them two at a time. Each level she ascended had scarlet carpeting covering the stone flooring and works of art decorating almost all space along the high walls. More chandeliers hung from every corridor, giving a soft hue within the yawning darkness.

She raced along one corridor where she felt a stronger pull. Round and round she ran, turning so many corners until she felt positively lost.

Rowie stopped, leaning against an arched doorway to gather her wits.

"This is crazy," she whispered to herself. "I'm such an idiot."

Soft sobbing caught her attention, making her press her ear against the door behind her.

The crying was muffled, as if the person had their head buried in a pillow.

Rowie turned the knob and peered in.

The bareness of the room was at odds with the beauty it sheltered. Iliel lay on mattress held up by a simple metal frame. Nothing but a heavy curtain covered the window at the far end of the small room.

He sat up with a start and stared at her wide-eyed.

"Oh," he gasped yanking his veil over his head and curling up into a ball. Only one foot poked out from the grey gauze. Rowie stared mesmerized at the perfect foot, until he curled his toes and pulled it under the veil too.

"You really shouldn't stare at any part of me. It's... bad."

He whispered the words, almost as if afraid of speaking, but it still sent shivers up her spine.

"Th-this is where you sleep?" Rowie looked around again and noticed a dusty shelf with a few books and an old looking com unit. The rug in the center of the room looked threadbare.

This is where I live—the Cambion answered in her mind.

Rowie jumped, not expecting him to speak telepathically to her.

It's better. The sound of my voice can be dangerous too. I'm sorry.

An overwhelming sense of sorrow and solitude flooded her. "Why are you sorry?"

I felt so lonely, I must've summoned you by mistake. You should go now.

Rowie closed the door behind her and saw Iliel begin to shiver beneath his covering. You're always here by yourself?

Of course. I can't be with others. Sometimes I get visits from reapers, but...

When he remained mute, Rowie took a step closer. But?

You really shouldn't come any closer.

But what, Iliel?

She heard him swallow. I don't think they like me. And their dislike of me scares me.

Rowie let her gaze go over the cold, bare room. The books looked as if they'd been leafed through hundreds of times and the letters on the com unit's ancient keyboard were faded.

How long have you been here?

Since shortly after my birth. The vampires were nice enough to give me refuge... after my mother lost her mind. They're not sure if it was me or my father who did that. Could have been both. He shrugged.

Rowie couldn't imagine how anyone could live locked in that tiny room for a hundred years. Don't you have any friends?

Iliel nodded and pointed at a corner in his room. Borgats. Although they don't live very long. I've befriended over a thousand of them by now.

Rowie grimaced in disgust, shying away from the tiny hole where the slimy rat-like creatures lived.

You can't make friends with Borgats. They're just animals.

Well, one can't make friends with Cambions, unless you want to go insane. The Borgats aren't affected by me, so I really have no choice. It's either that or... go insane myself.

Pity filled Rowie to the point of pain. I'll be friends with you.

Iliel gasped, his head perking up beneath the veil. "You will?"

Rowie tensed at the sound of his voice, and he noticed, quickly slapping his hand over his mouth. You shouldn't. Please, just go away now. He bowed his head again and the sounds of soft sobbing tore at her consciousness.

Don't you want to be my friend, Iliel?

Navar will become angry.

We won't tell him.

But you... I don't want bad things to happen to you.

Nothing will happen. She remembered when she came aboard Alpha 7, how insanely drawn she'd felt toward Devon and Lucien, but it had passed. Now she knew the twins had inherited part of their Cambion nature from their fallen angel father, Davariel. Yet, the hypnotic pull dulled over time. As far as she knew, she had a hundred years to get used to Iliel's devastating beauty. Let me see you, Iliel.

No. No-no-no. You mustn't.

He cringed from her hand as she reached toward the veil. Her fingers gripped the silky material and pulled it away slowly.

Iliel had curled himself into a ball, covering his face with his hands and his knees pulled up to his chest.

His hair fell in a gleaming mass to spill upon the frayed white sheets. He didn't have much of a build, his body more delicate then muscular. Iliel was almost too beautiful to look at, but Rowie felt she could withstand it.

Her hand trembled when she reached out and stroked his hair. He jumped at the contact.

See, I'm fine. Now, can you show me your face?

One finger moved and she was privy to the sight of breathtaking electric blue, framed by wet lashes. With a sniffle, he lowered his hands, revealing a red nose and swollen lips. His pretty face was mottled from crying, making Rowie want to burst into tears at the travesty. How could such a sublime being be allowed to suffer so?

Rowie took a steadying breath. See? Nothing happened.

Iliel didn't look too convinced, but relaxed slightly. He stared at her hands, her face, and hair.

You're very pretty.

Coming from a Cambion, that was quite a compliment. Thank you.

His demeanor perked up, eyes wide as he blurted into her mind—Is a hug as nice as when you squeeze yourself?

The question took Rowie by surprise.

You know—he continued wrapping his arms around his middle—like when you go like this? I like it when the Master Guardians escort me back to my room. Their hands on my arms feel really nice.

You've never been hugged?

Navar gave me an android once. I programmed her to give me a hundred hugs a day, but she broke down last sun cycle. He propped his chin on his knees. I really miss her. Navar said he'd buy me a new one if I behaved. Iliel gave a wistful sigh. I guess he won't after tonight. Electric blue eyes peered at Rowie. I didn't mean to lose control. I was just so hungry. I hadn't fed for some time. I wish... I wish I weren't like this. Sometimes I wonder why I was ever born.

Don't say things like that. If you're here, it's because you were meant to be here.

Iliel smiled. Had she not been sitting next to him she would have fallen to her knees. She pretended to pick at something on her stocking to fight back the urge to grab him and never let go.

I know why I'm here, Midnight Rose. An Incubus did not restrain himself, fell in love and impregnated a mortal with his evil seed, and I came to be afterwards.

"Anything capable of falling in love can't be evil, Iliel," Rowie breathed. "Or the fruit of that love." She thought of Devon and Lucien's father; the fallen Angel chosen to break open the gates of Hell to set Lucifer free. Only he fell in love with the very Master Guardian sent to slay him. Together they conceived Devon and Lucien and perished defending their love, cursed by Heaven and Hell.

The diamond around your neck... it glows when it's near its other half.

Other half? Rowie touched the heart-shaped pendant that hung from her choker.

Those diamonds are harvested with a defect on this planet. One piece splits in half when you try to cut it, but they glow when each half is near the other. The vampires call them true love stones and they're given to those that are truly in love. When you danced with the dragon both your stones were glowing like suns. The love between the both of you set my hunger...

He stopped talking abruptly. Rowie snapped her gaze back at him, finally understanding what happened that night.

It was us, wasn't it? You were fine until we came together?

Iliel bit his lip and lowered his lashes. "I'm sorry," he whispered again.

Rowie winced, but then clenched her fists in determination. "Don't apologize for something that isn't your fault." Before she lost her nerve, she threw her arms around him and squeezed. He stiffened in her embrace. "I promise that I'll come to visit often... and I'll give you lots of hugs. We'll be friends, okay?"

He nodded, a little shiver going through him.

She held her breath after talking, not daring to inhale so close to him, already feeling the compulsion to just hold on and not let go. She couldn't... how was she going to let him go when it felt like Heaven being so near him. "Iliel," she sighed.

Midnight Rose, you're already letting your mind slip. Think of your dragon.

Rowie, let him go.

"Devon?"

You'll hurt him more if you don't. He's just a child, Row. Iliel won't survive something happening to you, baby. Remi loves you too much and will kill him too.

"No! H-he can't."

He will. Let the boy go and find Remi. That's whom you love. Let the boy go. You're falling under his spell.

Rowie turned her face and pressed a kiss to Iliel's forehead, and then, before she lost her strength completely, ran out of the room and down the hall.